Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
King Tag1999 (kingtag1999)

What Is Your Least Favorite Kingdom Hearts Game and Why?

KH II. 

The opening is fun (For me atleast) but Day 2 just goes on FOREVER. Then we get Sora in too small clothes, like some kind of joke. 

The worlds are okay, but Land of Dragons is deadly dull, and the Heartless range from too easy to "WHY?!?".  And Mulan is just...there. The intergration of Sora to the story seems strained at best. 

I've never been a fan of Atlantica, but failing "Finny Fun" five times made me want to take Fira to it. 

The button mashing's not too bad for me, but screwing up the combos and losing massive health is a pain. 

And don't get me started on getting lost in the Underworld all the time. 

I know this is a HIGHLY unpopular opinion, but KH II is my least favorite of the whole series.  :unsure:

i really hope that is a joke ^^

for me BBS is the worst 

Edited by sneakie1

DDD is by far the worst in my opinion.

The story is stupid and convoluted, while the combat in comparison to other games is nothing to be amazed of. In addition, the stupid drop system that forced you to put drop-me-nots in your very limited spaced command deck is dumb. 

Time travel? What was Square thinking? Worst of all is that this game sets up KH3. This game, of all games, ruined the story beyond all repair. Thanks Square, really appreciate your efforts.

Gameplay balancing was god awful, Balloon is the best attack for every single situation in the game. It deals an absurd amount of damage, can be obtained super early, is one of few attacks that can stagger enemies in this game, and only takes up a single command slot. This may as well be Kingdom Hearts: Balloon: The Game. Enemies don't stagger; they just sit there and eat damage. Bosses have no consistency or AI designed for them; they attack whenever they want, however they want. In addition, they don't stagger so that means fighting them close up/with melee keyblade combos is about the best way to get you killed. So what's the solution? Spam more balloon of course. 

It's like the game not only gives you OP commands, but encourages you to spam and abuse them because otherwise DDD on lower levels/higher difficulties would turn downright tedious and near impossible to play.

There's like nothing redeeming about this game, and I hate it with a passion (as if you couldn't tell). That being said, Days comes in as second worst game for me because I had so much expectations going into the game, but all I got was a day-by-day repeat of the same thing happening to 3 characters. 

KH II. 

The opening is fun (For me atleast) but Day 2 just goes on FOREVER. Then we get Sora in too small clothes, like some kind of joke. 

The worlds are okay, but Land of Dragons is deadly dull, and the Heartless range from too easy to "WHY?!?".  And Mulan is just...there. The intergration of Sora to the story seems strained at best. 

I've never been a fan of Atlantica, but failing "Finny Fun" five times made me want to take Fira to it. 

The button mashing's not too bad for me, but screwing up the combos and losing massive health is a pain. 

And don't get me started on getting lost in the Underworld all the time. 

I know this is a HIGHLY unpopular opinion, but KH II is my least favorite of the whole series.  :unsure:

I'm not sure what exactly to think of this honestly; you only listed a few reasons of why KH2 is bad. Does that mean you like every other KH games over KH2 just because of these few issues? Not judging your opinion, you can think whatever you want. It's just your arguments for it seem kind of...weak.

I mean, you complain about Land of Dragons and Olympus Coliseum, two of 10+ worlds in the game. Atlantica is completely optional, but I do understand why people dislike it. 

Meanwhile, button mashing's not to bad but losing health is a pain? I'm not too sure what you meant by this; I mean logically, if you screw up a combo/read an enemy pattern incorrectly, you'll get hurt and lose health...this isn't some unique thing to this game, it's literally common sense lol. 

But whatever, you can think whatever you want. I can't change someone's opinion, so I won't try to.

DDD is by far the worst in my opinion.

The story is stupid and convoluted, while the combat in comparison to other games is nothing to be amazed of. In addition, the stupid drop system that forced you to put drop-me-nots in your very limited spaced command deck is dumb. 

Time travel? What was Square thinking? Worst of all is that this game sets up KH3. This game, of all games, ruined the story beyond all repair. Thanks Square, really appreciate your efforts.

Gameplay balancing was god awful, Balloon is the best attack for every single situation in the game. It deals an absurd amount of damage, can be obtained super early, is one of few attacks that can stagger enemies in this game, and only takes up a single command slot. This may as well be Kingdom Hearts: Balloon: The Game. Enemies don't stagger; they just sit there and eat damage. Bosses have no consistency or AI designed for them; they attack whenever they want, however they want. In addition, they don't stagger so that means fighting them close up/with melee keyblade combos is about the best way to get you killed. So what's the solution? Spam more balloon of course. 

It's like the game not only gives you OP commands, but encourages you to spam and abuse them because otherwise DDD on lower levels/higher difficulties would turn downright tedious and near impossible to play.

There's like nothing redeeming about this game, and I hate it with a passion (as if you couldn't tell). That being said, Days comes in as second worst game for me because I had so much expectations going into the game, but all I got was a day-by-day repeat of the same thing happening to 3 characters. 

I'm not sure what exactly to think of this honestly; you only listed a few reasons of why KH2 is bad. Does that mean you like every other KH games over KH2 just because of these few issues? Not judging your opinion, you can think whatever you want. It's just your arguments for it seem kind of...weak.

I mean, you complain about Land of Dragons and Olympus Coliseum, two of 10+ worlds in the game. Atlantica is completely optional, but I do understand why people dislike it. 

Meanwhile, button mashing's not to bad but losing health is a pain? I'm not too sure what you meant by this; I mean logically, if you screw up a combo/read an enemy pattern incorrectly, you'll get hurt and lose health...this isn't some unique thing to this game, it's literally common sense lol. 

But whatever, you can think whatever you want. I can't change someone's opinion, so I won't try to.

I don't want to argue with you: I dislike KH II, never finished, and might not ever bother to, 

End of story. 

I've always like the plot of KH above the other parts of the games. That being said, Dream Drop Distance was probably my least favourite of the series. The gameplay was fun with the flowmotion and stuff but like, making a story just confusing and vague right at the end like that... It had a weird way of telling its story. Its like if the story was represented by a graph, it'd be a flat line the entire way through the game and then a huge spike at the end. 

To me it made the game a little boring, I was playing through it like "So when is something actually going to happen in the story?" and by the time something actually happened, the game was almost over. And it wasn't a gradual revelation or anything, it was just like, time travel out of nowhere, everyone has a keyblade now, new Org 13 etc and literally all of that happens in the ending portion of the game. 

The game needed to allow it more time to tell its story, as it is it was just way too confusing, I mean yeah I understand what's going on but if someone asked me to explain it to them I would never be able to. 

EDIT: And one more thing is that this game was supposed to be the game that set up KH3, right? Yet here we are with another game that adds even more to the lure and now a KH0.2 which is going to be the prologue for KH3... So what was the point in Dream Drop Distance, it didn't really do a great job of setting up KH3 if we still have to play two more games before then to actually know what's going on...

Edited by FlipMode