Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Hoshiko Hikari

Foretellers v.s. Keyblade Heroes Voice Comparison

For those who are interested, I've made a quick video comparing the voices of the Foretellers with the keyblade heroes that they are believed to reincarnate into. I tried to match up the emotions in the lines given by each character to make it easier, however seeing as the only line we hear Gula say is full of anger I decided to compare it to one of Roxas's lines because Ventus doesn't get angry nearly as much as Roxas does. Also I chose to compare Aced's voice with Terranort rather than Terra as it occurred to me that their voices actually sound very similar. Anyway this video is simply designed to help people see the differences and similarities between the two sets of characters more easily. Hope you like it! And, if you want, let me know your thoughts concerning whether or not the Foretellers' voice actors are the same as the keyblade heroes below :)

You should also consider that voice actors are still actors. They can change their voices in order to accomodate. The way I see it, the fortellers are clearly older than the present keyblade wielders. Keep in mind, also, that they actually have to use sound editing for certain actors to still sound young. Case and point: Haley Joel Osment. I, for one, can hear the similarities. Especially so with Aced and Terranort, and Invi and Aqua.

They're more similar than I thought. And they are actors, and we know for a fact that Square tells them how to voice certain characters (like telling Ben Deskin to sound younger for KH3 than 3), So it's totally possible they where directed to change their voices specifically so that we wouldn't be able to tell right away.The ones that sound most different to me are Kairi and Ava, Ava's voice is much more mature. However, let us not forget that Hayden has had a child since 3D (her most recent work for the series even though it was only one line) and sometimes that can change a woman's voice, make it deeper. It hapened with Kristen Bell for example. So if she's disguising her already changed voice, she would sound very different. Normally the change is temporary, but in Kristens case it was noticable and persistant enough that she had to re-record her lines in Frozen to maintain consistancy after giving birth

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

They're more similar than I thought. And they are actors, and we know for a fact that Square tells them how to voice certain characters (like telling Ben Deskin to sound younger for KH3 than 3), So it's totally possible they where directed to change their voices specifically so that we wouldn't be able to tell right away.The ones that sound most different to me are Kairi and Ava, Ava's voice is much more mature. However, let us not forget that Hayden has had a child since 3D (her most recent work for the series even though it was only one line) and sometimes that can change a woman's voice, make it deeper. It hapened with Kristen Bell for example. So if she's disguising her already changed voice, she would sound very different. Normally the change is temporary, but in Kristens case it was noticable and persistant enough that she had to re-record her lines in Frozen to maintain consistancy after giving birth

I didn't know Hayden had a baby! You make a very good point. I also thought they sounded most different, however the way Ava says "war" somehow sounds more like Kairi to me.

I really doubt the English voice actors are the same. I pretty much recognize half of them and they are definitely different. 

As for the JP voice actors, I thought that was already discussed that none of them were the same?