Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dagesh Lene

KHUX How were the First Keyblades Crafted?

In Dream Drop Distance, Master Yen Sid tells Sora and Riku about the Keyblade War.  Part of what he told them was, "These warriors [the legions who wanted the light for themselves] crafted Keyblades in the image of the original X-Blade and waged a great war over Kingdom Hearts."  However, we do not know how these Keyblades were crafted.

In Kingdom Hearts X[chi] and Unchained X, we start playing at a time when Keyblades have already been crafted.  So, we do not get to see (at least, not yet) how they were crafted in the first place.  However, I think I have a theory as to how they were.

Since the abilities of characters from the future are able to be brought out of the Book of Prophecies as cards/medals that the Keyblade wielders are then able to use, maybe the Keyblade wielders' Keyblades were also brought out of the Book of Prophecies.  That would explain why so many of the same types of Keyblades can be found being wielded by different Keyblade wielders.  I think this theory is a bit of a long shot, but I also think it could make sense.  What do you think?

Edited by Dagesh Lene

This is a most interesting topic that you pose, and quite a cool theory, if I say so myself!

I'm thinking that perhaps the man made versions of the X-blade were created from the materials we pick up in Unchained X, ya know? (Gold Ore, Iron Ore, Topaz Earring, etc.)  Since said materials are used to upgraded the Keyblade's appearance, then why can't it also be responsible for crafting said Keyblades in the first place? There's some food for thought! :3

Although, that theory about the Keyblades being drawn from the Book Of Prophecies is a pretty good theory in and of itself! :D

I'm thinking that perhaps the man made versions of the X-blade were created from the materials we pick up in Unchained X, ya know? (Gold Ore, Iron Ore, Topaz Earring, etc.)  Since said materials are used to upgraded the Keyblade's appearance, then why can't it also be responsible for crafting said Keyblades in the first place? There's some food for thought! :3

I never thought of that!  I think I actually like this theory more than mine!

Edited by Dagesh Lene

This is a most interesting topic that you pose, and quite a cool theory, if I say so myself! I'm thinking that perhaps the man made versions of the X-blade were created from the materials we pick up in Unchained X, ya know? (Gold Ore, Iron Ore, Topaz Earring, etc.)  Since said materials are used to upgraded the Keyblade's appearance, then why can't it also be responsible for crafting said Keyblades in the first place? There's some food for thought! :3 Although, that theory about the Keyblades being drawn from the Book Of Prophecies is a pretty good theory in and of itself! :D

Huh, this is so simplistic and yet no one has thought it. Seems legit.

Huh, this is so simplistic and yet no one has thought it. Seems legit.

Thanks! :)  It's just something that I thought of when upgrading my Keyblades in Unchained X, ya know?  Since the materials used for upgrading are used for, well, upgrading, maybe this also means that they were crafted with similar materials in the first place!  It'd be like the method of Synthesizing back before Moogles took up that trade, ya know? :3

Thanks! :)  It's just something that I thought of when upgrading my Keyblades in Unchained X, ya know?  Since the materials used for upgrading are used for, well, upgrading, maybe this also means that they were crafted with similar materials in the first place!  It'd be like the method of Synthesizing back before Moogles took up that trade, ya know? :3

It's good theory and makes sense.

With Riku's Way to the Dawn, the upgraded Keyblade in BbS, and the Cards/Medals in KHX, we see Keyblades being strengthened through chains of memories -- the connections between hearts that link various people. Since the X-blade is the counterpart to Kingdom Hearts, it's likely that it's something like the Master of Masters managed to forge a chain of memories with either Kingdom Hearts or the X-blade, allowing him to borrow its power through an intermediary -- maybe a favorite sword. Once he learned how, he could pass on this method of enlightenment to those who came after him, much like Buddha or what we see with the Master/Apprentice system in BbS. And maybe the Book of Prophecies helped show him how to form this chain of memories in the first place.As far as the materials, I think it's more likely those are going towards crafting the Keychains we get, since the Player still has only one "Keyblade", and we similarly construct Keychains with ingredients in KH1 and 2. That would explain why the keyblade leveling system is so tied in with the medals, esp. since the medal mandala is represented as feeding into the Keyblade's Keychain token.