Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Katie Armstrong

Famitsu Interviews series Director Tetsuya Nomura about Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, Discusses Progress on English Recording

Famitsu interviewed Nomura, here are all the interesting parts;

—That's all we can do! In any case, before FF7 Remake, we have KH2.8 this year, don't we? This is also your 25th anniversary as a creator, do you think it is a turning point for you?

Nomura: Actually, on the day of my 25th anniversary, I'd thought of having a big celebration with my friends, but I got so busy and forgot all about it until a few days had already passed (laughs). They say 25 years is special because it's a quarter of a century, but next year is KH's 15th anniversary and FF7's 20th anniversary, and I think I'll jazz things up for them. At the next information releases, which will be this coming August at the KH concert and the Dissidia Final Fantasy tournament, I plan to start bringing more to light little by little, so I thank you in advance for your continued support.

—In the trailer, you announced a December worldwide simultaneous release, and that the next information on KH3 would be in winter.

Nomura:

It's likely that Japan will get it a few days earlier, but it will be basically simultaneous. KH2.8 is in the final stages of production, and as you may expect from the announcement of a worldwide simultaneous release, the English voicing has finished recording, and even though the timing of the deadline is a little tighter than usual, everything is progressing nicely. The reason we were able to prepare a demo version on such short notice was because we took it from the actual game. You will all be able to play in under half a year. Work on KH3 is progressing too, but as I said recently, I'd like you to first pay attention to KH2.8, which has an important position, so I am going to update you all with information on KH3 around when KH2.8 releases.

—I see. I get the impression that there are way more things to do than expected. Volume-wise, how big would you say this game is?

Nomura: At first I was saying it will be the length of one world, but when I did a playthrough from start to finish to check it, I thought, this is actually pretty substantial (laughs). I know there are some out there expecting it to be over in 30 minutes like a demo, but that's absolutely not the case.

—Hm? So if you think we will have questions about where Sora is in KH3, does Sora appear in the story directly before it, KH0.2…?

Nomura: Yeah (laughs)............... (I cut the rest off since it wasn't that interesting)

—Does spreading the story from not only KH3D but also KH0.2 mean that KH3 will be smaller in size? 

Nomura: It's not that I've spread the story out, perhaps it's more that I've separated the parts that would have ruined KH3's tempo if they were told then. In fact, KH3 is overwhelmingly big, so it's not that content has been shaved off, and it's something I've worried over how to handle.

—You've said that it will support the PS4 trophy feature, and there are even more additional features, aren't there?  

Nomura: Yes. In addition to PS4 trophies, the trophies from the original game are also there as a separate feature. Other than that, drop times have been extended, and some enemy reactions are currently undergoing adjustment. And, as a series-first experiment, KH3D will be in 60fps. There, it differs fundamentally from the original.

To summarise

0.2 is bigger than we thought

KH3 news will be out around the time 2.8 comes out, he said he'd update us so it'll probably be through a twitter post or a short letter, he did that with 2.5 I think (Or 1.5, can't remember)

KH3 is still a big game despite things being brought over to 2.8

The next information release will be in August supposedly.

Drop times have been extended

The thing he said about enemy reactions could mean that enemies will actually stagger

Full interview/source: http://www.khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-Interviews-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-HD-2-8-FCP-Unchained-X-6667

Im assuming the August release of information will be geared towards 2.8, so I'm not expecting any KH3 news. This is all great news though!

Im especially excited to hear that KH3 will basically be a worldwide release. I was worried when he said Japan would get it earlier

no the information in august is the kingdom hearts 15 anvieersty and final fantasy 7 30 anvesity but  he has  more plans kh though 

Edited by gosoxtim

Lol, bit of a typo, it's going to be Final Fantasy's 30th anniversary next year. It's not that young. X)"

Anyway I can't wait to get my hands on this thing! And it's good to know that he's addressing that one staggering issue people were pointing out with DDD HD, and I'm sure that they'll also tighten up any other little details that need attention, such as frame rate issues and any other little Bugs (hehe...). This is going to make an AWESOME Christmas present! I just hope it doesn't release too early in December, it would be so agonizing to own the game for weeks without actually playing it till Dec 25th. Then again, I guess that's what Final Exams are for. :P

But one question- will BbS0.2 have trophies? And if so, Platinum or no Platinum?

If Re:Coded and 358/2 Days cutscene movies got trophies, then of course 0.2 will have them. A platinum is unlikely for a game of its size, though.

Im assuming the August release of information will be geared towards 2.8, so I'm not expecting any KH3 news. This is all great news though!

Im especially excited to hear that KH3 will basically be a worldwide release. I was worried when he said Japan would get it earlier

Probably the exact release date.

If Re:Coded and 358/2 Days cutscene movies got trophies, then of course 0.2 will have them. A platinum is unlikely for a game of its size, though.

Yea, the Plat is what I'm most concerned about.

Good God, this overload of information is just insanely awesome, and it makes me feel oh so happy! :D

Guys, 0.2 is even bigger than we thought it'd be!  Nomura himself was surprised when he played through it himself to make sure how long the game would be! Gahhh, this makes me so excited!  Also, I really hope we got some slight KHIII news, if at all, in August!  Even if August just brings us the release day of 2.8, I'll still be happy! And it also seems that we will be getting more news regarding Kingdom Hearts III at around the time 2.8 releases...so possibly a week before or week after?  Or perhaps even Jump Festa? :O

And Nomura also stated he has big things planned for the 15th Anniversary of Kingdom Hearts....good God, please let it be that we get Kingdom Hearts III next year as our 15th Anniversary gift!!! X_X

Also, the fact that Nomura himself said that Kingdom Hearts III is overwhelmingly big makes me all the more happy!  The bigger the game, the more hours I get to pour into it!  I'm loving all of this information!

Thank you Katie for this article, and thank you Shinobi, for enlightening us with the juicy bits of Nomura's interview! :D

So Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to be overwhelmingly big? I'm hoping for somewhere between 30-50 worlds.

You can't be serious, Kingdom Hearts III is a video game for the PlayStation 4 not a factory hosting servers. There's no way that there'll be that many worlds in the game.

So Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to be overwhelmingly big? I'm hoping for somewhere between 30-50 worlds.

Black-Guy-Meme-Question-Marks-Que-02.jpg

See you in 2035 pal.

Edited by Barry Bacon Allen

You can't be serious, Kingdom Hearts III is a video game for the PlayStation 4 not a factory hosting servers. There's no way that there'll be that many worlds in the game.

Then why did Nomura call Kingdom Hearts 3 overwhelmingly big?

Then why did Nomura call Kingdom Hearts 3 overwhelmingly big?

He said that in regards to the lore of the series. That has got absolutely nothing to do with the number of worlds. I know the sky's the limit with theorising but even the sky has a limit before it becomes space.

He said that in regards to the lore of the series. That has got absolutely nothing to do with the number of worlds. I know the sky's the limit with theorising but even the sky has a limit before it becomes space.

I don't think he meant just the lore, he actually did mean that the game is big it-self (the gameplay). That's why 0.2 is here, because 0.2 was originally meant to be in KH3, but KH3 was so big that it had to be cut.