Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Kingdomhe

I think transformations, style changes, and shotlocks are one in the same. Plus, keyblades might level up.

From the latest Famitsu interview, I think I figured out how keyblade transformations, style changes, and shotlocks will work.

"Those two will also be adopted in KH3, but KH0.2 is actually a little different from both KH3 and KHBBS. In KH3, too, triggering them will be optional, but Style Changes will be fundamentally dependent on the Keyblade. In KH0.2 they are dependent on Aqua herself, so it's like a KHBBS hybrid. With Shotlocks, there are more things you can do with them in KH3, and in KH0.2 they're closer to KHBBS."

If you remember the first gameplay trailer for KH3, Sora was in a Style Change and at the same time his keyblade was also transformed. In the E3 2015 trailer it looks like he has a Command style-esque finisher for Two Shoot Blaster and for the new Coliseum keyblade(This could also be a shotlock, but I'll get to that.). Also, zephyr (from KHinsider) said that there was concept art at the 2.5 event (still a bit salty :P) of the star keyblade and there were 3 forms to it. The first form is it as a normal keyblade, the second is it as blasters, and the third is it as a canon, which most likely is the finisher for the style change. Now let's switch to shotlocks. In the E3 2015 trailer there was a small second of the shotlock reticle showing up:

Posted Image

And during the shotlock his keyblades transformed, the new Coliseum keyblade chariot could also be a shotlock. I also have a theory that keyblades will level up and will unlock more style changes and shotlocks because in the Jump festa 2016 trailer Sora has a different attacking shotlock than the one you see in the E3 2015 trailer. He still has the same star keyblade, but the projectiles are not arrows but stars even though before whenever you see the keyblade transform it has had light arrow projectiles. Since the keyblade is star based it would be safe to assume that it is unique to the keyblade and not something else.

So this has me to believe that keyblades level up and when they do they unlock another version of a shotlock or command style for the keyblade. Plus, if you look at the TGS 2015 trailer for KH3 you can see Sora using the cannon for combos replacing his normal one instead of the canon just being a used as what we see in the E3 2015 trailer. But, how can this be if we have seen the star keyblade turn into blasters and replace his normal combos in the E3 2015 trailer and earlier in that very same TGS trailer? So this more proof towards level up keyblades.

So what do you guys think of this? I had to retype this because my computer decided it wanted to be an old scutter and erased what I had typed before, which was worded and probably explained a lot better, but I can't remember what I typed for the life of me. (This took hours btw.)

From the latest Famitsu interview, I think I figured out how keyblade transformations, style changes, and shotlocks will work.

"Those two will also be adopted in KH3, but KH0.2 is actually a little different from both KH3 and KHBBS. In KH3, too, triggering them will be optional, but Style Changes will be fundamentally dependent on the Keyblade. In KH0.2 they are dependent on Aqua herself, so it's like a KHBBS hybrid. With Shotlocks, there are more things you can do with them in KH3, and in KH0.2 they're closer to KHBBS."

If you remember the first gameplay trailer for KH3, Sora was in a Style Change and at the same time his keyblade was also transformed. In the E3 2015 trailer it looks like he has a Command style-esque finisher for Two Shoot Blaster and for the new Coliseum keyblade(This could also be a shotlock, but I'll get to that.). Also, zephyr (from KHinsider) said that there was concept art at the 2.5 event (still a bit salty :P) of the star keyblade and there were 3 forms to it. The first form is it as a normal keyblade, the second is it as blasters, and the third is it as a canon, which most likely is the finisher for the style change. Now let's switch to shotlocks. In the E3 2015 trailer there was a small second of the shotlock reticle showing up:

Posted Image

And during the shotlock his keyblades transformed, the new Coliseum keyblade chariot could also be a shotlock. I also have a theory that keyblades will level up and will unlock more style changes and shotlocks because in the Jump festa 2016 trailer Sora has a different attacking shotlock than the one you see in the E3 2015 trailer. He still has the same star keyblade, but the projectiles are not arrows but stars even though before whenever you see the keyblade transform it has had light arrow projectiles. Since the keyblade is star based it would be safe to assume that it is unique to the keyblade and not something else.

So this has me to believe that keyblades level up and when they do they unlock another version of a shotlock or command style for the keyblade. Plus, if you look at the TGS 2015 trailer for KH3 you can see Sora using the cannon for combos replacing his normal one instead of the canon just being a used as what we see in the E3 2015 trailer. But, how can this be if we have seen the star keyblade turn into blasters and replace his normal combos in the E3 2015 trailer and earlier in that very same TGS trailer? So this more proof towards level up keyblades.

So what do you guys think of this? I had to retype this because my computer decided it wanted to be an old scutter and erased what I had typed before, which was worded and probably explained a lot better, but I can't remember what I typed for the life of me. (This took hours btw.)

Nomura said last year that keyblades could level up, it's already been confirmed by him.

I like what you have written! It seems like you've given it a lot of thought and so much theorizing has been done ever since the trailers started rolling out...I hope what you have written is actually true because that sounds pretty kick ass!!