Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Hi guys

as you may know after Ansem and Xemnas were destroyed in KH2, MX and Terra were reborn as separate people instead of returning as a single person(Terranort) and in KH3D Xehanort told us Terra is still under his possession.

So do you think Terranort will return in KH3 or the old MX and Terra will continue to live as separate beings?

I believe that MX will eventually fuse again with Terra in KH3 to reform Terranort to both become stronger and lengthen his life span

Edited by MasterLorX

Hi guysas you may know after Ansem and Xemnas were destroyed in KH2, MX and Terra were reborn as separate people instead of returning as a single person(Terranort) and in KH3D Xehanort told us Terra is still under his possession.So do you think Terranort will return in KH3 or the old MX and Terra will continue to live as separate beings?I believe that MX will eventually fuse again with Terra in KH3 to reform Terranort to both become stronger and lengthen his life span

i agree with you too, i think xehanort will try to take over terra near the end of the story.

Hi guysas you may know after Ansem and Xemnas were destroyed in KH2, MX and Terra were reborn as separate people instead of returning as a single person(Terranort) and in KH3D Xehanort told us Terra is still under his possession.So do you think Terranort will return in KH3 or the old MX and Terra will continue to live as separate beings?I believe that MX will eventually fuse again with Terra in KH3 to reform Terranort to both become stronger and lengthen his life span

Actually, Xehanort never told us he had Terra. He said he now had "two of the Lights," referring to Sora and a second -- whom I believe was Ventus, since owning Sora meant he had Ventus' heart. That aside, though--

Terranort should no longer exist. Terranort was created by Master Xehanort's full heart possessing Terra's body; Xehanort's heart is now back in his own body, as we see when he's reborn, and he creates his Seekers of Darkness by putting pieces of his heart in them. Considering how much trouble he had controlling Terra with his WHOLE heart, I really doubt he could do so with only 1/13th of his heart now. Consider also their words in Blank Points, when Xehanort basically says "if I ever did lose you, it's okay, I have a bunch of back-up plans." It can be assumed that he did lose Terra upon being reborn, and getting him back will be too much trouble (consider Terra's words, as well, which all but confirm that he too has become immune to darkness like Riku).

All that said, I do believe they are and will remain separate, and Xehanort won't bother with Terra at this point. :)

Would be lame to be honest, if Xehanort takes over Terra's body again. That barely happens in any story. So no, I doubt we'll see Terranort again, and if then just as version from the past.

Actually, Xehanort never told us he had Terra. He said he now had "two of the Lights," referring to Sora and a second -- whom I believe was Ventus, since owning Sora meant he had Ventus' heart. That aside, though--

Terranort should no longer exist. Terranort was created by Master Xehanort's full heart possessing Terra's body; Xehanort's heart is now back in his own body, as we see when he's reborn, and he creates his Seekers of Darkness by putting pieces of his heart in them. Considering how much trouble he had controlling Terra with his WHOLE heart, I really doubt he could do so with only 1/13th of his heart now. Consider also their words in Blank Points, when Xehanort basically says "if I ever did lose you, it's okay, I have a bunch of back-up plans." It can be assumed that he did lose Terra upon being reborn, and getting him back will be too much trouble (consider Terra's words, as well, which all but confirm that he too has become immune to darkness like Riku).

All that said, I do believe they are and will remain separate, and Xehanort won't bother with Terra at this point. :)

Why do so many people seem to overlook all that (in addition to Eraqus's heart, of course)?

Why do so many people seem to overlook all that (in addition to Eraqus's heart, of course)?

We were slammed with a lot of info in KH3D, so I can't blame people for overlooking the more subtle hints, I suppose. xD And a lot of it takes Terra's character development in BBS into account, which gets overlooked a lot, either because he's not one of the more popular characters, or because his development was all managed in one game as opposed to stretched out more obviously over several (like Riku). Mostly, though, I think Terranort just seems like the obvious answer to a lot of people because there's nothing blatant saying otherwise yet.

(And YES, Eraqus' heart, too! Another good point.)

I believe Terra is still after Xehanort's influence otherwise we would have seen him (as a free person) in DDD but as you know he doesn't make any appearence, and it wouldn't have been difficult for Xehanort to capture him again since they were both reborn in the same place Terranort became Xemnas and Ansem, I think this place is Radiant Garden btw

Edited by MasterLorX

I believe Terra is still after Xehanort's influence otherwise we would have seen him (as a free person) in DDD but as you know he doesn't make any appearence, and it wouldn't have been difficult for Xehanort to capture him again since they were both reborn in the same place Terranort became Xemnas and Ansem, I think this place is Radiant Garden btw

I'm gonna break this up into pieces if you don't mind--

otherwise we would have seen him (as a free person) in DDD

Not necessarily. Assuming Terra is free and whole at present, any number of things could have gone wrong so that we didn't see him. He could have run off to recuperate; he could be amnesiac and wandered off; he could have fled from Xehanort or another enemy; someone else could have grabbed him. (Alternatively, as I currently suspect, Terra isn't whole and has yet to be reborn, which would also explain why we haven't seen him.)

it wouldn't have been difficult for Xehanort to capture him again

As I said in my previous post, BBS makes it clear that keeping a hold on Terra is difficult, and Xehanort said that he's open to backup plans if he did lose Terra. If they were separated upon being reborn (which only makes sense), that does count as "losing him," and as I said before I don't think Xehanort would bother when he has so many other vessels already and Terra nearly beat him out once before. Considering Terra is now aware of Xehanort's intentions and is most likely immune to darkness, taking possession of him again would be difficult.

they were both reborn in the same place

We don't know that for sure. It's likely, considering that was where Apprentice Xehanort turned his Keyblade on himself, but it has yet to be confirmed. And even if they did wake up together, I go back to my argument that Terra could have woken up first and left, or Xehanort could have simply left him there because he didn't want him.

Edited by ladydualwieldin

I'm gonna break this up into pieces if you don't mind--

otherwise we would have seen him (as a free person) in DDD

Not necessarily. Assuming Terra is free and whole at present, any number of things could have gone wrong so that we didn't see him. He could have run off to recuperate; he could be amnesiac and wandered off; he could have fled from Xehanort or another enemy; someone else could have grabbed him. (Alternatively, as I currently suspect, Terra isn't whole and has yet to be reborn, which would also explain why we haven't seen him.)

it wouldn't have been difficult for Xehanort to capture him again

As I said in my previous post, BBS makes it clear that keeping a hold on Terra is difficult, and Xehanort said that he's open to backup plans if he did lose Terra. If they were separated upon being reborn (which only makes sense), that does count as "losing him," and as I said before I don't think Xehanort would bother when he has so many other vessels already and Terra nearly beat him out once before. Considering Terra is now aware of Xehanort's intentions and is most likely immune to darkness, taking possession of him again would be difficult.

they were both reborn in the same place

We don't know that for sure. It's likely, considering that was where Apprentice Xehanort turned his Keyblade on himself, but it has yet to be confirmed. And even if they did wake up together, I go back to my argument that Terra could have woken up first and left, or Xehanort could have simply left him there because he didn't want him.

What you've said is possible not certain, I think it is just easier if Xehanort was referring to Terra in DDD, I'm not excluding what you've said from being revealed in KH3 but at the moment your theory is based too much on possible situations that were never explicitly mentioned in previous games

Someone please refresh my memory, when was it confirmed that Xehanort and Terra were reborn separately and that Terranort wasn't reborn with Xehanort having full control, thus his appearance in DDD. At least that was my personal understanding about the situation. or at the very very least Xehanort was reborn into Terra's body and Terra is sort of a free floating heart atm waiting for it's rightful vessel to be freed. ! that just got me thinking, what if because Xehanort has Terra's body now Terra's Heart actually returned to his armor and is now possessing that and in that way Terra is going to be able to help fight Xehanort.

I never thought of that!  That makes a lot of sense!  However, I still think it is possible for Master Xehanort to use Terra as one of his seekers of darkness without possessing Terra a second time (if Terra did indeed break free of Master Xehanort's control).  Remember, Young Xehanort used time travel to gather versions of himself from throughout time, and there was a major part of Xehanort's life when he was Terra-Xehanort.  So, we could see Terra-Xehanort return as Apprentice Xehanort, even if Terra is no longer a vessel for Master Xehanort.  In fact, we could even see Riku-Ansem return as a seeker of darkness, since Ansem, who is a Xehanort, was in possession of Riku's body from Sora's first visit to Hollow Bastion until the end of the first game.  I don't think this will happen, but it is a possibility.

I never thought of that!  That makes a lot of sense!  However, I still think it is possible for Master Xehanort to use Terra as one of his seekers of darkness without possessing Terra a second time (if Terra did indeed break free of Master Xehanort's control).  Remember, Young Xehanort used time travel to gather versions of himself from throughout time, and there was a major part of Xehanort's life when he was Terra-Xehanort.  So, we could see Terra-Xehanort return as Apprentice Xehanort, even if Terra is no longer a vessel for Master Xehanort.  In fact, we could even see Riku-Ansem return as a seeker of darkness, since Ansem, who is a Xehanort, was in possession of Riku's body from Sora's first visit to Hollow Bastion until the end of the first game.  I don't think this will happen, but it is a possibility.

There's another thing a lot of people seem to overlook (although it is a tad confusing) -- Master Xehanort says in DDD that because his plan with Sora failed, all the Darknesses are returning whence they came, but before that he explains that once a person has been affected by time travel, that leaves a mark on their heart even though their minds lose the memory of it. That mark is what will lead all his Darknesses to "their destiny" with him in the future (KH3) of their own accord, he says, since his last plan failed. This implies that all of the Darknesses in KH3 are people currently alive in the present, not individuals pulled from the past.

Master Xehanort was reborn and Young Xehanort holds the time travel powers, so I think they'll be the only Xehanort incarnations serving as Darknesses in KH3 (plus Xemnas and Ansem, but they're essentially their own individual people). The time travel shenanigans, with the exception of Young Xehanort, should be over with DDD; otherwise, Xehanort could have saved time and just pulled 12 versions of his younger self from the past. That would have been much faster, more efficient, and deadly.

Edited by ladydualwieldin

There's another thing a lot of people seem to overlook (although it is a tad confusing) -- Master Xehanort says in DDD that because his plan with Sora failed, all the Darknesses are returning whence they came, but before that he explains that once a person has been affected by time travel, that leaves a mark on their heart even though their minds lose the memory of it. That mark is what will lead all his Darknesses to "their destiny" with him in the future (KH3) of their own accord, he says, since his last plan failed. This implies that all of the Darknesses in KH3 are people currently alive in the present, not individuals pulled from the past.

Master Xehanort was reborn and Young Xehanort holds the time travel powers, so I think they'll be the only Xehanort incarnations serving as Darknesses in KH3 (plus Xemnas and Ansem, but they're essentially their own individual people). The time travel shenanigans, with the exception of Young Xehanort, should be over with DDD; otherwise, Xehanort could have saved time and just pulled 12 versions of his younger self from the past. That would have been much faster, more efficient, and deadly.

That's another good point!  Even though I did not come to this conclusion the same way that you did, I still assumed that we would not see more that one version of each character (other than Master Xehanort and Young Xehanort) in Kingdom Hearts III.  However, I still think that it is possible for Apprentice Xehanort to be a seeker of darkness, because, in my opinion, he is pretty much his own character (much like Ansem and Xemnas), due to the fact that he lost his memory.  I could be wrong, but at this point, I feel like anything could be possible.

I have a hard time believing that Master Xehanort has fully returned instead of Terranort. Partly because of how he disappeared in Dream Drop Distance (he faded away like his other selves which implied to me that he was time displaced like them) and partly because I just can't see the creators being able to replace the late great Chikao Ohtsuka and the late great Leonard Nimoy.

I ASK MYSELF THE SAME QUESTION. Its like do ppl just disregard this part of blank points, tons of ppl saying Terra wont be a guardian because he will be permanently taken by Xehanort, I just find that ridiculous, Terra will find his way back to the light just like Riku did.