Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Jingilator

How would you react to intertwining storylines in KH3?

Just as the title says. Besides Sora, I was thinking that Riku and Kairi could be playable, with Demyx-Somebody as a joke character who doesn't really contribute too much to the story. Riku and Kairi start off a bit at the same time as Sora, while Demyx-Somebody starts off near the end of KH3D; in this state, he realizes Xemnas's true intentions for the original Orginization XIII, and decides to take revenge on him for being using him as a puppet. He travels to the Keyblade Graveyard through a dark corridor, stumbling upon a rock with a dark aura surrounding it. He touches it, causing it to release a wave of darkness that eventually forms into Vanitas, who was in an eleven-year hyper-paralysis after his defeat in Birth by Sleep. Vanitas then tells Demyx-Somebody that he trapped him in the rock shortly after he was nearly consumed by light. The two then battle each other, with Demyx-Somebody reigning victorious. The story then goes on from there in the perspective of Demyx-Somebody.

Certain characters meet up at certain times in certain worlds, but all of them are destined to meet at least one of each other. Sora, Riku, and Kairi even fight Demyx-Somebody at certain points in their respective stories, usually over misunderstanding.

Please leave your opinions on this topic in the reply section and your ideas for intertwining storylines.

I definitely want more than just Sora as a playable character since there are so many keyblade wielders, but I don't want something like birth by sleep where you have to keep replaying the same worlds with every playable character. If it's something like final fantasy xiii where the different characters are playable & all meet up at different intervals i'll be fine with that, as long as Sora is used the majority of the time.

Of all people why did you choose demyx?. And Demyx win against Vanitas is just.. strange..

Anyway, well maybe if you COULD choose a character you want to play with that would be amazing (maybe you have to unlock it, buy it, DLC, or finish certain quest to get a character) imagine you use Xehanort as Sora to fight Xehanort, then fight Xehanort Nobody, then fight another Xehanort Nobody. It would be like, wow

I wouldn't really like this all that much. For one thing, because the dynamic of Sora-Donald-Goofy is such a staple of the numbered KH games, now. Sure, in non-numbered games we can switch it up and do a system similar to BBS and DDD but for numbered games, the majority of it should center around Sora, Donald and Goofy with the occasional quick playthrough as another character. (Roxas in KHII, for example) Intertwining stories implies they're sharing the screentime and that's no good, in my opinion. 

There is only 3 story paths I could see that would make sense as intertwining stories.

Sora, Donald and Goofy.

Mickey and Riku

Kairi and Lea

And possibly if they decided to go the route of choosing the side of the darkness as well you could play as Young Xehanort.

Sora, Donald, Goofy (the heroes)

Mickey, Riku, (Aqua) (the masters)

Lea, Kairi, (a disney character) (the beginners)

These are the storylines I wish for KH3. This would mean we are visiting every Disney World three times.

The length of this game would be sick.

The Demyx-Somebody could be a nice sidekick for Sora's story, but nothing more. He shouldn't be that important.

No. I HATED that part of BBS because 

1) Every story was short, so we never got enough time in the worlds, leveling characters, etc.

2) Did not leave a lot of room for character development, or relationship dynamics between the trio

3) Totally killed the pacing

If you think it'd be different with a full blown console game, you'd be wrong. It'd be better probably, but not by much. They should focus on one character storyline, and then at most have you switch to different characters at moments when relevant. 

I want KH3 to be a classic numbered KH. Meaning Sora has the main playable character for the main story and other characters playable for short parts of the game (like Mickey, Riku and Roxas). If there's multiplayer, then I want multiple playable characters.

nah let's just stick to Sora, Donald and Goofy. so much is going on at this point in the series that Nomura ought to just focus on making one tight story for us to play through. 

plus the last time we got intertwining stories we ended up with 2 decent ones and 1 lackluster one. Nomura wrote the stories for BBS in the order Terra, Ventus and Aqua and it shows. Aqua had little to do with anything until the last moments of the game. Wouldn't want a similar issue to happen in KH3. 

like i said, one sturdy single play campaign to play through is just fine. 

There is only 3 story paths I could see that would make sense as intertwining stories.

Sora, Donald and Goofy.

Mickey and Riku

Kairi and Lea

And possibly if they decided to go the route of choosing the side of the darkness as well you could play as Young Xehanort.

This is all I want tbh. This would be perfect.

The idea of intertwining stories is cool, and if done right, it could make the flow of the story shift quite nicely during the overall branching arc of Kingdom Hearts III! As for Demyx, I honestly only see him as a side character, although I also do consider that he might be one of the Thirteen Seekers Of Darkness, so there's that! So yeah, we probably wouldn't play as him.  Rather, we'd fight against him!

But yeah, I'm all up for playing as Sora, Riku, Kairi, and possibly any other of the Guardians!  But if that isn't the case and we are to use only Sora, I won't have a problem with that either! :3

The idea of intertwining stories is cool, and if done right, it could make the flow of the story shift quite nicely during the overall branching arc of Kingdom Hearts III! As for Demyx, I honestly only see him as a side character, although I also do consider that he might be one of the Thirteen Seekers Of Darkness, so there's that! So yeah, we probably wouldn't play as him.  Rather, we'd fight against him! But yeah, I'm all up for playing as Sora, Riku, Kairi, and possibly any other of the Guardians!  But if that isn't the case and we are to use only Sora, I won't have a problem with that either! :3

I respect your opinion, but...I just can't see a Demyx-Nort in KH3. He was too awesome in 358/2 Days to wound as Xehanort's vessel, hence why I stated what I did in my first post on this topic.

I respect your opinion, but...I just can't see a Demyx-Nort in KH3. He was too awesome in 358/2 Days to wound as Xehanort's vessel, hence why I stated what I did in my first post on this topic.

Yeah, well, ya know what they say!  Oftentimes it's the unsuspecting ones that surprise you the most, ya know? :3

But yeah, in terms of Demyx, honestly, he could go either way.  He could either be with or against the heroes, or maybe he'd just be a supporting character, ya know? We'll have to wait till KHIII comes out to know for sure! :D

So, after KH2's release we got 4 new side games where we play as completely different characters instead of Sora. They are all given backstories and some form of character development, they each have their own personalities and so forth.

But because it's a 'tradition' in the main installments (Despite the fact there are only 2.............) we'll just forget about all of those characters and play as Sora.

You cannot build up to a giant climactic war by only making us play as Sora. That's a poor decision. Sora isn't interesting enough to carry the whole experience by himself. It's utterly pointless to have had us connect with all those other characters in handhelds but then reduce them to cutscenes at the height of the franchise's story.

To break up the monotony it's best for the game to have a change of pace, throw in a section where we play as Riku, throw in a section where we play as Lea etc. Why not? This thing about how it's a tradition to play as Sora in the main installments doesn't hold much weight since there are only 2 main installments.....................

Edited by Shinobi Palace

So, after KH2's release we got 4 new side games where we play as completely different characters instead of Sora. They are all given backstories and some form of character development, they each have their own personalities and so forth. But because it's a 'tradition' in the main installments (Despite the fact there are only 2.............) we'll just forget about all of those characters and play as Sora. You cannot build up to a giant climactic war by only making us play as Sora. That's a poor decision. Sora isn't interesting enough to carry the whole experience by himself. It's utterly pointless to have had us connect with all those other characters in handhelds but then reduce them to cutscenes at the height of the franchise's story. To break up the monotony it's best for the game to have a change of pace, throw in a section where we play as Riku, throw in a section where we play as Lea etc. Why not? This thing about how it's a tradition to play as Sora in the main installments doesn't hold much weight since there are only 2 main installments.....................

Not only that, but focusing on Sora, Donald, and Goofy was pretty much the reason that KH2's story was honestly pretty lackluster. Instead of focusing on characters like Riku, Kairi, or DiZ and their more interesting stories, we had to watch Sora and his talking animal companions sing songs underwater. Hell, for all we know, Kairi might've actually tried to escape her cage in the game!

I'm split on this idea. On one hand, it'll be great to play as the original Three Amigos again but on the other, I am sick to death of important plot details happening off screen. I wanted to know how Riku got his Keyblade or what Lea's training was like or Mickey's adventures through the Realm of Darkness or heck, what the hell Pluto has been doing this whole time.

It would be cool to have multiple playable characters, but I wouldn't want it to be like BBS. I would rather have certain moment's in the game where we go off to play another characters story and there skills are set

The  Active Time Events feature from final fantasy 9 would also be nice.

Pretty much the active time events were short optional scenes in the game where the player could see what was happening at the same time elsewhere in the world.

While the player is off in a different location, they can view the actions of their other party members, or non-player characters that occur roughly at the same time. The scenes weren't really all that important, but they were still a neat little feature

Here are my thoughts on multiple playable characters: http://kh13.com/forum/topic/87758-why-kingdom-hearts-3-must-have-multiple-playable-characters/

Also, ignore the part where I 'rant' on thinking Sora shouldn't defeat Xehanort and all that. I changed my mind since then.

Eh. 90 to 95% of the time i want the trinity trio. But I'm thinking maybe in the second keyblade war we suddenly swap over to say Lea or Kairi or whoever and you're fighting a seeker of darkness. But for sure- keep it with Sora.