Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Hello there, everyone. V-mon again here, and finally, I am bringing a topic after such a long time.

This discussion is going to be about, you guessed it: Dragons. But before we get to that, I would like to say a few words.

As we discuss here, I may or may not speak as serious as I am now, but for the most part, this is a topic in particular that I take pride in talking about. Now I'm not saying we can't be silly at times, but let's try to respect each other, like in most discussions we do. If we keep it on-topic, we'll all get along.

In this topic, you can talk about all sorts of dragons!

We'll talk about these dragons...

Posted Image

...these dragons...

Posted Image

...And most importantly, these dragons...

Posted Image

We will talk about all the different kinds of dragons you want, ones from games, movies, anime, and even dragons in culture!

Also, want to just talk about dragons in general? Or perhaps you wanted to show us a drawing or image of a dragon? You are free to post about that, too. Poems about dragons are allowed as well! (I don't know how many people actually do stuff like that, but hey, why not?)

As a starting discussion, can you recall the FIRST dragon you ever heard of or ever seen? Did you see it in a movie, a book, a show, or something more mystical like folklore?

For me, the first dragon I can recall seeing was either the one from the movie, Shrek, or the ones from the kids' TV show Dragon Tales. It was such a long time since then, I'd say I was about 4-5 years old when I saw a dragon for the first time.

Rock on!

The first dragon I ever seen was from the first movie I ever seen in theaters. I was a little more than one year old, and I was in Okinawa. I remember next to nothing but when I close my eyes I can vaguely picture clinging to my mom's hand and her complaining about prices. 

We went and saw a film called Spirited Away. 

It's a truly remarkable film if you've yet to seen it and I recommend it with all my heart. There is an eastern dragon character named Haku in the movie who plays a major role and he just so happens to be my favorite character in the movie. 

one of my first experiences was not with a dragon per se but a wyvern, which are pretty much bipedal dragons, but a friend of mine never let me forget that distintion and now i rome the lands and correct when necessary, to whether the impending doom is a dragon or wyvern 

one of my first experiences was not with a dragon per se but a wyvern, which are pretty much bipedal dragons, but a friend of mine never let me forget that distintion and now i rome the lands and correct when necessary, to whether the impending doom is a dragon or wyvern

So your first dragon was a Wyvern, eh? So that's the distinction!

Dragons are very fascinating creatures, mainly because not all of them breathe fire and have wings. For instance, this Water Dragon, generally known as a Leviathan, doesn't really have the power to do either of those things, but it can swim underwater like a giant eel.

Posted Image

In the end, people can draw and come up with whatever kinds of dragons they want. In fact, there are a bunch of good examples of this in Puzzle & Dragons! There's Robotic dragons, Toy dragons, and even Skyfruit dragons. The possibilities are pretty much endless.

Rock on!

The first dragon I can recall being told about was Smaug, as my dad read us The Hobbit as a bedtime story. Tolkien's take on dragons is kind of an interesting one when compared to contemporary interpretations of them. Whereas now they can be made either good or evil, Tolkien makes no bones about the fact that they were created for evil, designed by Melkor for the purpose of upping his war effort against the Noldor.