Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

Which animated Disney film are you most excited for?

Which animated Disney film are you most excited for?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which animated Disney film are you most excited for?

• Moana
    • The Incredibles 2
    • Gigantic
    • Cars 3
    • Frozen 2
    • Coco
    • Toy Story 4
    • None of them.
    • Something else? Comment below!

I voted Cars 3 because A) I kind of figured no one else would, and B) I am kind of genuinely interested, I've never really hated the Cars franchise and I'm kind of lost as to why everyone else seems to hate it. What, toys, bugs, fish, and robots can be sentient, but cars can't? Yeah that makes a whole lot of sense. :P

But in truth I am excited for all of them. It's Disney, no matter what it is, you at least have a guarantee that it'll be entertaining...well, the animated stuff at least.

Ghibli, where art thou..?

Apparently, still trying to figure out where to go forward following Miyazaki's retirement.

Anyways: I don't have a specific film to be excited for, I'm just glad to know that Disney is expressing their creativity with new films instead of making more sequels and or live action reboots... well, except Incredibles 2, that could be good.

Oh yeah, and screw Cars 3. Not really for the sake of the topic, just in general.

Kubo and the Two Strings

Incredibles 2, honestly. I loved the first one, and used to watch it all the time. I'm glad it's finally getting a sequel besides a crappy video game  xD

The Disney Animated film I'm looking forward to the most is definitely Pixar's The Incredibles 2!  I absolutely loved the first one, and I always wanted a sequel of the film to be made!  Though the question is, since the Underminer was already used in a PS2 video game which kinda served as a sequel to the movie, how will Incredibles 2 pick off?  For those that didn't play the game, such as myself, we'll be curious as to why Incredibles 2 doesn't deal with the Underminer, since he was teased at the very end of the movie, ya know?  But yeah, whatever the case, Brad Bird is directing again, and that dude makes amazing movies, so Incredibles 2 is in very capable hands! :D

I'm also excited for Moana!  Not sure about Toy Story 4, though.  I mean, everything ended so perfectly with 3, so why make another sequel? Besides franchise milking. xD

But yeah, I'm excited as heck for Incredibles 2! :D

I voted Cars 3 because A) I kind of figured no one else would, and B) I am kind of genuinely interested, I've never really hated the Cars franchise and I'm kind of lost as to why everyone else seems to hate it. What, toys, bugs, fish, and robots can be sentient, but cars can't? Yeah that makes a whole lot of sense. :P

But in truth I am excited for all of them. It's Disney, no matter what it is, you at least have a guarantee that it'll be entertaining...well, the animated stuff at least.

Don't worry!  I'm with you!

As for why everyone seems to hate Cars, I think it is more the story than anything else.  From what I can tell, it doesn't seem quite up to the usual Pixar standards to most people.  I don't agree with that, but that is just my opinion.  Everyone has different tastes, and mine happen to include Cars.

I look forward to all animated movies because I'm actually a princess myself.

Though I myself have never hated the Cars series (I even liked the Planes spin off film), though personally I don't think we needed a Toy Story 4 or a Frozen 2.  

1. Disney Sequels always shit all over the greatness of the original (though considering they're not using hand drawn animation anymore the large drop in visual style probably won't be as bad)

2. Toy Story 3 kinda nicely rounded off that series (I personally didn't like it), feels like the more they push out of it it'll end up leaving a bitter taste like when a series has too many seasons

Though imma see Finding Dory when it comes out here.

Don't worry!  I'm with you!

As for why everyone seems to hate Cars, I think it is more the story than anything else.  From what I can tell, it doesn't seem quite up to the usual Pixar standards to most people.  I don't agree with that, but that is just my opinion.  Everyone has different tastes, and mine happen to include Cars.

It seemed perfectly Pixar to me, but hell, I guess people who AREN'T Pixar understand Pixar better than people who ARE Pixar do. Logic! X)"

The toys, bugs, fish, and robots all had interesting themes, well written characters and plots, and other quirks tied into their concepts. Cars is literally just cars. That's it. No inspiration, no creativity, just talking cars for the sake of talking cars. It's soulless, a low that both Disney and Pixar are too good to stoop to.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

The toys, bugs, fish, and robots all had interesting themes, well written characters and plots, and other quirks tied into their concepts. Cars is literally just f*cking cars. No inspiration, no creativity, just talking cars for the sake of talking cars. It's soulless, a low that both Disney and Pixar are too good to stoop to.

I love how everybody seems to think they understand what Pixar is all about more than Pixar themselves. I mean, what's so wrong and "souless" about talking cars? I'm seriously lost on this, it seriously feels like everyone just decided to hate it because everyone hates it and nothing else. How exactly is there "no inspiration, no creativity, just talking cars for the sake of talking cars"? How exactly did this movie not have the interesting themes, plots, and characters the other movies did have? Soulless? I laughed so hard during this movie, I got excited when I was supposed to, and I never once regretted seeing this movie. Is that supposed to make me an idiot or something, because I really REALLY don't get where all of this is coming from. Everybody is explaining it so poorly to me, it feels like I have to be devil's advocate just because everyone thinks all they need to do is say that they hate it and that talking cars are stupid and that's it. xP

I love how everybody seems to think they understand what Pixar is all about more than Pixar themselves.

I don't need to be a chef to know that my meal tastes horrible.

II mean, what's so wrong and "souless" about talking cars?

It's. Literally. Just. Cars. Nothing else. Nothing interesting, nothing creative, just slap some eyes and a mouth on every vehicle and call it a film franchise. What is so hard to comprehend about this?

How exactly did this movie not have the interesting themes, plots, and characters the other movies did have?

See above.

I don't need to be a chef to know that my meal tastes horrible.

It's. Literally. Just. Cars. Nothing else. Nothing interesting, nothing creative, just slap some eyes and a mouth on every vehicle and call it a film franchise. What is so hard to comprehend about this?

See above.

Sensei, I tend to follow a lot of stuff you say, but this is probably going to be the one exception where I call BS.

I don't like how The Big Lebowski tastes, but does that mean that it's a terrible dish? That other people are wrong for liking it? No, it doesn't, it just means that I don't care for it and nothing else. I don't see why that has to be any different here.

This. Is literally. Just. Not. Saying. Anything. I really don't see how this is a problem, if you would design talking cars differently that's fine, but that doesn't mean that it inherently looks bad this way. I'll tell you one thing, I certainly like how they look in Cars a lot better than how Chevron has handled a similar idea, and they've been doing it for far longer. What is so hard to comprehend that I just like how they look? The personalities of each character are just as interesting to me as any other Pixar character and the appeal each one's design has is actually appealing to me. That doesn't mean that I really like cars in real life enough to have that be my only source of appeal for this movie, I just happen to think that it actually IS a creative and appealing look. And sometimes appeal can be just as important as creativity when it comes to design, sometimes even more important. What you're doing is expressing your taste and presenting it as a form of fact that I'm supposed to feel obligated to view this movie through, when in reality I just can't see it that way. That's why it's hard for me to comprehend, because it's just not the eyes I'm looking through and it's really hard for me to imagine what that looks like.

That didn't offer ANY form of answer to what I asked. All you said was "this tastes horrible", "it's literally just cars and I don't think it looks good", and literally nothing else about the plot, themes, or characters themselves. You only complained about how they look and how they felt, you gave me no insight as to why don't like the story, the setting, the theme, anything. You're just expressing your distaste for the design and aesthetic details and have not given me any reason why you don't think everything else involved is any good.

I feel like you're really letting your emotions drive this explanation without giving time to reflect on what your actual reasons are. It's fine to feel something but if you're going to explain your reasoning to someone it really helps to gather your thoughts together and remove yourself from your raw emotions at least for a little bit. I don't mean to be lecturing, but this really isn't helping me understand your viewpoint any better, and I'd really like to, because as I said, almost nobody has given me a "legit" reason to declare this movie is bad yet.

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

Look, I don't have the energy to go any further with this. 

There are other people with a lot more tolerance than I could ever hope to muster for this films. They can give you a better argument as to why they suck so much. Go read what they have to say. I'm done.

Edited by Firaga Sensei