Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

Which animated Disney film are you most excited for?

Which animated Disney film are you most excited for?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which animated Disney film are you most excited for?

• Moana
    • The Incredibles 2
    • Gigantic
    • Cars 3
    • Frozen 2
    • Coco
    • Toy Story 4
    • None of them.
    • Something else? Comment below!

The toys, bugs, fish, and robots all had interesting themes, well written characters and plots, and other quirks tied into their concepts. Cars is literally just cars. That's it. No inspiration, no creativity, just talking cars for the sake of talking cars. It's soulless, a low that both Disney and Pixar are too good to stoop to.

To help clarify for Hero of Light XIV, are you saying that there is nothing special about Cars unlike the other Pixar films?  That, unlike the other films where there was a point to making them toys or bugs or fish or robots, there was no point to making them cars?

I respect your opinion, and everyone else's who didn't like Cars.  However, there was a reason for making the movie about cars.  John Lasseter said he came up for the idea for Cars when he went on an old fashioned road trip with his family down Route 66, and he said that it reminded him that the journey in life is the reward, not the destination.  I think that Cars is a creative way to show that message, since it is about a racecar that learns to slow down and enjoy the simpler things.

John Lasseter also said that the two sides of his family inspired it, because his dad was a parts manager at a Chevy dealership and his mom was an art teacher.  He said that it represented his love for cartoons and animation, so it merged the two worlds together.

So, I do personally think that there is good inspiration for this movie to be about cars, and I also think that it has a good theme and it is creative in the way it gets that theme across.  Now, I don't think that means that everyone has to like the movie, but I think that it shows that it was more than just a soulless attempt to make a popular franchise and to sell merchandise.

John Lasseter also said that the two sides of his family inspired it, because his dad was a parts manager at a Chevy dealership and his mom was an art teacher.  He said that it represented his love for cartoons and animation, so it merged the two worlds together.

Doesn't mean it's acceptable to make the film in the first place.

I also think that it has a good theme and it is creative in the way it gets that theme across.

This is something I actually should have brought up before. Please enlighten me, what is the theme of Cars? 

And please, give me an answer that goes beyond "talking cars do talking car things and that's it, who cares, watch it" as well as "generic story about a egomaniac who learns to be less of an egomaniac", because neither answer is going to help your cars.

Edited by Dave
Unecessary rudeness.

Doesn't mean it's acceptable to make the film in the first place.

That may be, but it still served as inspiration for making the movie about cars.  Also, it wasn't just that that inspired John Lasseter, it was also the old fashioned road trip that he took with his family down Route 66.

This is something I actually should have brought up before. Please enlighten me, what is the theme of Cars? 

And please, give me an answer that goes beyond "talking cars do talking car things and that's it, who cares, watch it" as well as "generic story about a egomaniac who learns to be less of an egomaniac", because neither answer is going to help your cars.

While a major part of the movie is Lightning McQueen learning that life isn't all about him and to care for others, I wouldn't say that is the theme of the movie.  John Lasseter came up with the idea for the movie during his road trip, when he was reminded that the journey in life is the reward, not the destination.  And as I watch the movie, I see that present throughout it.  So, I would say that is the theme, to take life slower and enjoy the simpler things in life instead of always focusing on where you are going in life and getting there as fast as possible.  In a world of instant gratification, I would say that is a very good theme.

Edited by Dagesh Lene

the journey in life is the reward, not the destination. 

"Life's a journey, not a destination". Alright, that's my bad, I forgot that generic theme too.

It's also too bad that not even the slightest bit of worth can be found in it thanks to the paint-by-the-numbers quality of literally everything else in the movie either.

"Life's a journey, not a destination". Alright, that's my bad, I forgot that generic theme too.

It's also too bad that not even the slightest bit of worth can be found in it thanks to the paint-by-the-numbers quality of literally everything else in the movie either.

You don't have to like it.  I am just explaining why I like it.

Sorry if I made this more of a mess to talk about. I just hate it when people think that just saying something sucks and never should have been made is the only way they need to explain their opinion to me. It comes off as intolerant and immature and it just irks me to no end. I appreciate the time others took to explain what they could to me and of those who didn't for at least having enough patience to try and elaborate to me for as long as they did. In the end, I still look forward to all of these movies and sequels, Cars included.