Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Everything is looking great so far, guys! I just wanted to let you all know that I'm going to give everyone until next Sunday, August 14th, at 4:00 EST to respond to the current events and wrap things up, so please feel free to move at your leisure and do as you wish until then. After that we're going to be moving forward in the plot to the next day, involving the Phoenix's voyage to the Overworld. Thanks!

Alright so.

Mystic's gonna hate me for this buuut.

Vote now!

What strategy Henry will take to rescue Helios from Alderon before the man can depart. To foil his plans! or at least delay them.

SHould Henry do.

Plan 1 - 

Frontal assault, pretty self explanatory. Henry can show his powers and get an edge on the soldiers and it'd be cool to see his fighting ability.

Plan 2 -  Infiltration of the castle. 

Pretty self explanatory as well I guess. But this would show Henry's cunning and cleverness in the infiltration.

I dunno how to make a Poll xD

Edited by Scrapmaster

Alright so.

Mystic's gonna hate me for this buuut.

Vote now!

What strategy Henry will take to rescue Helios from Alderon before the man can depart. To foil his plans! or at least delay them.

SHould Henry do.

Plan 1 - 

Frontal assault, pretty self explanatory. Henry can show his powers and get an edge on the soldiers and it'd be cool to see his fighting ability.

Pretty self explanatory as well I guess. But this would show Henry's cunning and cleverness in the infiltration.

I dunno how to make a Poll xD

You're right;I do hate you. :D (never, I'm completely kidding).

I think Henry should go with option 2. It would be the safest and most practical. A frontal assault would mean many casualties and probably would end up with Henry either imprisoned or killed. Alderon has prepared well for the journey above, and has worked with Midnea and engineers to create armor that sort of reflects magic. Not all magic and not entirely, but it is more magic resilient, which would be dangerous for Henry. It'd also probably be inevitable that Draksis and Henry would face one another. :D

So tl;dr: I vote option 2.

You're right;I do hate you. :D (never, I'm completely kidding).

I think Henry should go with option 2. It would be the safest and most practical. A frontal assault would mean many casualties and probably would end up with Henry either imprisoned or killed. Alderon has prepared well for the journey above, and has worked with Midnea and engineers to create armor that sort of reflects magic. Not all magic and not entirely, but it is more magic resilient, which would be dangerous for Henry. It'd also probably be inevitable that Draksis and Henry would face one another. :D

So tl;dr: I vote option 2.

IsThat-a-Challenge.gif

The thing with Henry is that he's a physical fighter that uses magic to complement it. Even with such an armor it won't stop Henry from using his highly enhanced strenght to puncture through it with force, using wind magic to just accelerate the attacks to put even more impact behind each of them, while earth will be enhancing his strenght.

THe way I'l play Henry is that as the fight goes on he gets more "powerful" as in. Think of Asura's wrath. At the beginning of the fight you start off without the upper hand, maybe its a tough fight at first, but as you charge up the burst meter, the more powerful Asura would get and it would lead to the next phase of the battle or he would do a super powerful move against the said boss.

Henry's mostly human now, his magic isn't as powerful as a fey, but it has the trait of getting stronger as the fight progresses by Henry's sheer cussness (Recklesness, Being a total jackass, all of that). So Henry can match up to the bigger, more powerful beings in this RP should the fight drag on a bit, and Henry'l make it drag on :D

Kinda want to rescue Helios, get him to the overworld safely, and get hunted by the punishers. Henry's interaction with them would be stand up comedy levels of hilarious. xD

Edited by Scrapmaster

I think Henry should go with option two for multiple reasons:

• It's safer for Henry in many terms
  • I (and Helios) would love to see the King's reaction to seeing that his only remaining Fey has gone missing (Though he could just try and kidnap another one in the Overworld it's still a loss)
  • Would give Helios a chance to transform into something to help Henry out, maybe a Griffin! ("HANG ON HENRY WE'RE FLYING OUT OF HERE! *eagle screeches*")

Though the fun sides of option number one:

• One guy kicking butt without mercy against a bunch of knights
  • Gives a chance to spread rumors of whatever happened there, as word spreads like wildfire ("I heard he set himself on fire." "I HEARD HE PUNCHED A MAN AND THE GUY THANKED HIM.")
  • Arthur running around in his pajamas (if its a night assault) or half dressed in armor trying to get in on the action

Buuuut I think option two would be interesting to see in my opinion.

So I got a question. What is the overworld made of?

I keep imagining that it's invisible from beneath, but once you reach a certain height, you'll find a doorway of a temple and once you walk through it looks something like this?

Once_Upon_a_Time_in_Wonderland_S01E06_KI

I could be wrong and it could all be made out of cheese though

Vote now!

SHould Henry do.

Plan 1 -  Frontal assault

The second option seems the most reasonable to me.  One man tanking a hundred with Asura's Wrath power constantly growing and the man receiving little to no damage sounds undoubtedly fun, but causes too much mischief for this RP or might even break it.  This isn't Kill Bill.  However, one man sneaking in and combatting two to five seems much more manageable.

I keep imagining that it's invisible from beneath, but once you reach a certain height, you'll find a doorway of a temple and once you walk through it looks something like this?

I vote for cheese!

c19138e575fd96152189e7d0087e00df-d5mluv5

I vote for option 2.

Stealth is the best option in my opinion, but like Stardust said, the King could kidnap another fey once he is in the overworld. Perhaps the Aeternum siblings could help Henry with his infilitration? They need a job and the King is not in their "Nice guys" list.

The second option seems the most reasonable to me.  One man tanking a hundred with Asura's Wrath power constantly growing and the man receiving little to no damage sounds undoubtedly fun, but causes too much mischief for this RP or might even break it.  This isn't Kill Bill.  However, one man sneaking in and combatting two to five seems much more manageable.

I vote for cheese!

c19138e575fd96152189e7d0087e00df-d5mluv5

cheese-cheese-everywhere-thumb.jpg

She'd have the time of her life trying, Machiav is not one to just let himself be punished, he'l fight back, and he's pretty good. Specially now with over 5000 years of pure combat experience backing him up.

After hearing this, I just want to fight him even more now haha xD

SHould Henry do.

Plan 1 - 

Let me see here... If I where a villain I'd vote for option 1 - Henry charges into the castle head strong & faces off against many knights, including some of Draksis knights. Then the truly advanced knights enter, meaning all our characters that are Effie, Draksis, King Alderon, Raleigh, Manel, Arthur & more high ranking knights. If he goes for Visco he'll have a very pissed off power using Effie on his back & if he so much as goes for King Alderon he'll have Midnea enter which means death or worse my friend haha xD Better heed Mystic's warning on that frontal assault man haha xD

But the best option for Henry would be option 2, as it will keep him alive longer haha xD Or better yet! Since Henry's in the same building 'The Prancing Pony' inn as the 2 Aeternum Siblings are Henry should met them both somehow & the 3 should join together to save Helios. That way Henry will have not only backup but a better chance to escape when he saves Helios. 

Also man, that's pretty cool! so Henry's powers are a type of Enhancement power & that would make the resistance armor kinda useless in a way since his powers effect him mainly. Henry will have a great time fighting against either Jimba or the unknown irritated voiced punisher, haha xD

P.S - I've had the other punisher's character sheets finished for a while now & they will make awesome fights haha xD

I'm glad to hear that we have magic resistance armor to a degree, this will create a good balance when battling against not only the Overworlders but also some of the punishers to create a great battle :D  There are only 2 punishers that their magic won't be affected by the resistant armor & one of them is Pracia's magic since it targets the body itself :P but that just means a much greater! awesome! intense fight will be had with her haha xD

Stardust made a great visual of the overworld!

but if your question is more like what kind of things are in the Overworld I'd say it's a massive other world filled with all kinds of creatures not in the human world & has different people from races of all types that also have strange powers from their race & magic too. The land would have way more nature than buildings apart from the kingdoms I would think too. Hope this also helps ya out :)

Edited by The Unversed

IsThat-a-Challenge.gif

The thing with Henry is that he's a physical fighter that uses magic to complement it. Even with such an armor it won't stop Henry from using his highly enhanced strenght to puncture through it with force, using wind magic to just accelerate the attacks to put even more impact behind each of them, while earth will be enhancing his strenght.

THe way I'l play Henry is that as the fight goes on he gets more "powerful" as in. Think of Asura's wrath. At the beginning of the fight you start off without the upper hand, maybe its a tough fight at first, but as you charge up the burst meter, the more powerful Asura would get and it would lead to the next phase of the battle or he would do a super powerful move against the said boss.

Henry's mostly human now, his magic isn't as powerful as a fey, but it has the trait of getting stronger as the fight progresses by Henry's sheer cussness (Recklesness, Being a total jackass, all of that). So Henry can match up to the bigger, more powerful beings in this RP should the fight drag on a bit, and Henry'l make it drag on :D

Kinda want to rescue Helios, get him to the overworld safely, and get hunted by the punishers. Henry's interaction with them would be stand up comedy levels of hilarious. xD

Wait, Henry has THAT much power?  Yikes.  Either way, I still think option one would be a bad route for him, as one man alone still couldn't take on a castle full of men, regardless of his power.  This is the kingdom that had captured three fey that we're talking about; if they were capable of this, I think they should be able to take one man alone.  While Henry is indeed powerful and very dangerous I believe the sheer military power possessed by Alderon would have to win.  There is no way that he could take out hundreds on his own, and if he did I would agree with Vaude that it would probably break this RP (and also pretty unfair to everyone else). :D

Actually, Stardustblade did an amazing job of explaining it!  It is a world consisting of many continents, not unlike our own, though it doesn't exactly have oceans the way that we do.  Thousands of years prior there was no barrier between the worlds, permitting the Overworld to be visible from the world below which had eventually led to war.  The humans had lost practically everything, including the advancement of their society and predominately all records of said war, though it is whispered among some as legend.

Now there is a barrier between the Overworld and the world below, shielding the visibility of the Overworld from human eyes.  It was created by Shiva's father, and has been in place ever since.  Stardust was kind of on to something in discussing the temple, but I sense too many spoilers so I won't go into detail on that just yet. : )

I think Henry should go with option two for multiple reasons:

• It's safer for Henry in many terms
  • I (and Helios) would love to see the King's reaction to seeing that his only remaining Fey has gone missing (Though he could just try and kidnap another one in the Overworld it's still a loss)
  • Would give Helios a chance to transform into something to help Henry out, maybe a Griffin! ("HANG ON HENRY WE'RE FLYING OUT OF HERE! *eagle screeches*")

Though the fun sides of option number one:

• One guy kicking butt without mercy against a bunch of knights
  • Gives a chance to spread rumors of whatever happened there, as word spreads like wildfire ("I heard he set himself on fire." "I HEARD HE PUNCHED A MAN AND THE GUY THANKED HIM.")
  • Arthur running around in his pajamas (if its a night assault) or half dressed in armor trying to get in on the action

Buuuut I think option two would be interesting to see in my opinion.

Once_Upon_a_Time_in_Wonderland_S01E06_KI

Lovely image and great description!  As I was mentioning earlier, this is almost exactly how I envisioned things.  The temple concept is similar and yet slightly different, but we'll get there in the RP soon enough. ;)

looking to his daughter with somber gray eyes.  "My dear," he began, voice low so as not to be overheard by all, "we will discuss this much more in detail--even all night, if you would prefer--but I will not grant you passage, at least not right now.  Someday I will invite you to see this world, but not now." 

"How could you Mystic!" yelled Visco in tears as she ran to her room. I hope you got some doggy treats cause it's gonna take more than a walk through the park to fix this haha xD even though we all saw this coming haha xD

I just wanted to know because I had a funny thought of if it was all just made of clouds and the humans step off of the ship to nothing and just kind....fall. Splat!

Haha xD to funny 

Edited by The Unversed

Hey Mystic, thought I'd give ya this list with the characters missing from the RP's main character list K :)

OverWorlders:
Alicia Kross (Female, Fey-?, 976) (Page 3)
Aqua Lumen (Female, Elf, 18) (Page 4)
Machiav Froiss (Male, Fey-?, 5490 Looks in his thirties) (Page 5)

Hey!

Hey Vaude, random question but will Rufus have wishing rules? & by that I mean like will he have certain wishes that he can't grant. I just thought I'd ask this question as it just come to me randomly when I rewatched Aladdin (along with other Disney movies) & how Genie told Aladdin he can't wish for the dead back to life or make people fall in love or kill anyone. 

Alright then stealth plan it is.

Since there is no living armor...i find myself wanting to fix that.

Time to make a sheet of a very fine character!

Edited by Scrapmaster

Hey Vaude, random question but will Rufus have wishing rules? & by that I mean like will he have certain wishes that he can't grant. I just thought I'd ask this question as it just come to me randomly when I rewatched Aladdin (along with other Disney movies) & how Genie told Aladdin he can't wish for the dead back to life or make people fall in love or kill anyone. 

Hola!  Rufus will definitely have wishing rules to make things fair, but they will be less strict than the Aladdin Genie.

Impossible wishes:

- Infinite wishes are a no-go.

- Breaking the laws of time is also a no-go, making time travel out of the question.

- No killing.

Possible wishes:

- Anything not discussed unless it has the possibility of breaking the RP.

- Insight on past or present occurrences and foresight on how to do something or kill someone is possible, regardless of the impossible wishs of breaking the laws of time and killing.

- Maladies can afflict a person.  Someone can be wished to fall atrociously ill, but it will not kill or last permanently.  This requires the consent of Mystic's Apprentice, however, and anyone who owns the afflicted character.

- A second wish will be granted with great sacrifice, birthed through the efforts of Rufus' master, and the same can be said for the third and other wishes.  To gain a lot, you must give a lot.  This can yield dangerous results like insatiable hunger for unreachable things and loss of sanity and self-control.

- Dead people can come back to life, fully knit and with their souls and bodies intact.  I would love this to be used sometime on a previously dead character, but all in due time.

- Love can be initiated via pheromones and influence of hormone levels, but it isn't real love and often is dangerous to one or both individuals.  Rufus may be a benevolent djinni, but he can unknowingly cause maledictions that negatively affect the wishing individual.

That's all for now.  I might have to think up some other things in the future, so keep an eye out for me.  =)  Now, to kick myself into high gear and post!

Hola!  Rufus will definitely have wishing rules to make things fair, but they will be less strict than the Aladdin Genie.

Impossible wishes:

- Infinite wishes are a no-go.

- Breaking the laws of time is also a no-go, making time travel out of the question.

- No killing.

Possible wishes:

- Anything not discussed unless it has the possibility of breaking the RP.

- Insight on past or present occurrences and foresight on how to do something or kill someone is possible, regardless of the impossible wishs of breaking the laws of time and killing.

- Maladies can afflict a person.  Someone can be wished to fall atrociously ill, but it will not kill or last permanently.  This requires the consent of Mystic's Apprentice, however, and anyone who owns the afflicted character.

- A second wish will be granted with great sacrifice, birthed through the efforts of Rufus' master, and the same can be said for the third and other wishes.  To gain a lot, you must give a lot.  This can yield dangerous results like insatiable hunger for unreachable things and loss of sanity and self-control.

- Dead people can come back to life, fully knit and with their souls and bodies intact.  I would love this to be used sometime on a previously dead character, but all in due time.

- Love can be initiated via pheromones and influence of hormone levels, but it isn't real love and often is dangerous to one or both individuals.  Rufus may be a benevolent djinni, but he can unknowingly cause maledictions that negatively affect the wishing individual.

That's all for now.  I might have to think up some other things in the future, so keep an eye out for me.  =)  Now, to kick myself into high gear and post!

Awesome rules!! this will make us think more about what kind of wish we want now :D

& I have one last question about the bring the dead back to life wish if ya don't mind man, is it possible to wish for a bunch of people back to life? or is it one life per wish?

Ooh, a good question, that.  I think one life per wish sounds best.  One can probably pass around the genie lamp like a storytelling stone or stick for wishing a bunch of people back to life, but be sure to trust the others first.  It's tough to tell if someone will wish for a resurrection or wish for Excalibur in order to kill or otherwise hideously maim everyone around them.

Hey Mystic, thought I'd give ya this list with the characters missing from the RP's main character list K :)

OverWorlders:
Alicia Kross (Female, Fey-?, 976) (Page 3)
Aqua Lumen (Female, Elf, 18) (Page 4)
Machiav Froiss (Male, Fey-?, 5490 Looks in his thirties) (Page 5)

Thank you very much for this!  I keep forgetting to update the front of that page.  Also, that soldier in blue . . . .  I hate to do this, but I was actually intending to create a character sheet for him. :P  Would it affect your plans too significantly to make Midnea's human sacrifice a different person beyond the volunteer on the voyage, by any chance?  Sorry about that.  I've been wanting to get his sheet up but haven't had much time over the past couple of days.  Thanks in advance!

Alright then stealth plan it is.

Since there is no living armor...i find myself wanting to fix that.

Time to make a sheet of a very fine character!

A very *fine* character, eh?   Now I'm wondering who this fellow might be. ; )

Now I wonder if I should wish for the One Ring and the Rings of Power and have Rabiyu tempt the Rulers of the Overworld with their power?

Wait . . . a fine character?  Living armour?  *slaps forehead*, I recall this one.  Did you know that you have a sincere and passionate love for armour, Scrap (especially reconstructing armour)?

Also, in before Rabiyu goes full-on Galadriel and makes Ringwraiths out of the Eidolons.

Wait . . . a fine character?  Living armour?  *slaps forehead*, I recall this one.  Did you know that you have a sincere and passionate love for armour, Scrap (especially reconstructing armour)?

Also, in before Rabiyu goes full-on Galadriel and makes Ringwraiths out of the Eidolons.

You saw through my plans!

Two of Nine are already under Rabiyu's control!

And here is the character sheet for this mysterious knight in blue:

Name: Curvis Sourati

Race: Human

Age (if fey, keep in mind that they are immortal, but can appear like a certain age): 26

Appearance: Tall, brunet, and proffering a brilliant smile to all.  Curvis is a knight serving King Alderon, generally under the command of General Draksis Gunther.  Curvis normally has his dark-brown hair slicked back, decked out in his solders' armor.  His eyes are a bright-blue, often matching the blue clothing that he normally likes to wear.

Magic (if any): NA

Weapons: a longsword, a special gift from his late father who had also served as a general alongside Draksis.

Personality: Brave, loyal, and kindhearted.  Curvis is about willing to do anything for the people that he serves, understanding that his life is always at stake in his current occupation, but he would have it no other way.  Curvis loves his kingdom and his king, particularly his princess, and would do anything for them.

Biography:  Curvis had dreams of becoming a doctor, quite contrary to serving as a soldier.  His father fully supported his dreams and was going to even fund his education and pursuits to enter the world of medicine.  His father was a general alongside Draksis, and had volunteered for magical augmentation that Alderon was performing among select members of his men.  Not long after this horrendous ordeal his father passed away, leaving him with his mother and younger sister.  There was no way that he would be able to fund his career now, and he longed to live up to his father's legacy.  He joined King Alderon's ranks at the age of twenty-one and has been serving faithfully ever since, his intents keenly on helping society in any way possible, as well as pay for his family after his father's early and unexpected departure from their world.

Ooh, a good question, that.  I think one life per wish sounds best.  One can probably pass around the genie lamp like a storytelling stone or stick for wishing a bunch of people back to life, but be sure to trust the others first.  It's tough to tell if someone will wish for a resurrection or wish for Excalibur in order to kill or otherwise hideously maim everyone around them.

good choice, It sounds best to me also that it be one life per wish :D

I hear ya man, I can see alot of crazy people losing their minds to what they can wish for & just even the though of a wish can send even someone you trust into a crazy villain. It would be crazy to suddenly see someone backstab someone over a wish knowing just how nice most our characters can be. Also I recon with the wishing rules it'll make the wisher give some more thought into their wish, which I think is a nice little add on for any character's wishing post. Oh! & Arthur I bet will wish for the great sword Excalibur so he can become the best knight ever haha xD

Thank you very much for this!  I keep forgetting to update the front of that page.  Also, that soldier in blue . . . .  I hate to do this, but I was actually intending to create a character sheet for him. :P  Would it affect your plans too significantly to make Midnea's human sacrifice a different person beyond the volunteer on the voyage, by any chance?  Sorry about that.  I've been wanting to get his sheet up but haven't had much time over the past couple of days.  Thanks in advance!

No thanks needed Mystic, but thanks for the thanks haha xD

Also wha? he's a character now? you must have a plan for him then. I just thought he was a random guy haha xD but not to worry Mystic, I can work around this with ease. I'll just make the edit to my posts that Midnea's target that she did the ritual on was a young man wearing royal-Red clothing instead & will also be taking Effie's place on the king's voyage K :) that way this works for both you & me without changing each others plans.

Now I wonder if I should wish for the One Ring and the Rings of Power and have Rabiyu tempt the Rulers of the Overworld with their power?

I can see the name of the RP changing with that wish & it's... 'Overlords of the Rings' created by Rabiyu the RP host haha xD

Edited by The Unversed

good choice, It sounds best to me also that it be one life per wish :D

I hear ya man, I can see alot of crazy people losing their minds to what they can wish for & just even the though of a wish can send even someone you trust into a crazy villain. It would be crazy to suddenly see someone backstab someone over a wish knowing just how nice most our characters can be. Also I recon with the wishing rules it'll make the wisher give some more thought into their wish, which I think is a nice little add on for any character's wishing post. Oh! & Arthur I bet will wish for the great sword Excalibur so he can become the best knight ever haha xD

No thanks needed Mystic, but thanks for the thanks haha xD

Also wha? he's a character now? you must have a plan for him then. I just thought he was a random guy haha xD but not to worry Mystic, I can work around this with ease. I'll just make the edit to my posts that Midnea's target that she did the ritual on was a young man wearing royal-Red clothing instead & will also be taking Effie's place on the king's voyage K :) that way this works for both you & me without changing each others plans.

I can see the name of the RP changing with that wish & it's... 'Overlords of the Rings' created by Rabiyu the RP host haha xD

Overlords of the Rings: The Two Worlds.