Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Glad to see you're back Unversed.

And well. you've been gone for months, and...we thought you were gone so. Don't blame Mystics.

Thanks man,

It's alright, I don't blame Mystic. I was gone a while after all. 

Hey there doods! I'm back! :D 

Sorry I was gone for like... ever :P BUT! I'm back & ready to RP again! I'm also mostly caught up with the RP, just speed running through the last few pages before I'll be up to date. However I have no idea what's been said here in the signups so if I missed anything important here please tell me K? :) I'll update the character list on page 2 soon too, K doods. :)

Also Mystic, I've noticed you've been RPing both Midnea & Visco without my permission while I was gone. I've looked at those posts for them & I'm willing to let it all slide since there was nothing totally to my disliking about them. But maybe for the future if you should need my characters for story progression or just in general, ask in advance just in case I happen to vanish again, K dood? :) I'll also be taking back control of those 2 now that I'm back. Also, I have some stuff I wanna PM you about to Mystic, regarding the path you've put Midnea on & the remaining Punishers which there'll be only 3 left, since 1 was defeated within the world below events that took place before that world exploded. I see I also got a few PMs I gotta read too. Also Mystic! I see you've created the Helvadore king already but, I please name him?! I got a name thought up that I think you'll like & I think will suit his king status. 

The first thing I'll be doing now that I'm back is make a sum up flashback post that'll tell everyone what happened to my character's that where in the world below & the events that took place too. Then I'll make a current post soon after, K doods :) Glad to be back again! :D 

I must agree with Scrap, to be honest.

We're nearing the end as well, though at least you've appeared. :P I jest, welcome back.

Hey there doods! I'm back! :D 

Sorry I was gone for like... ever :P BUT! I'm back & ready to RP again! I'm also mostly caught up with the RP, just speed running through the last few pages before I'll be up to date. However I have no idea what's been said here in the signups so if I missed anything important here please tell me K? :) I'll update the character list on page 2 soon too, K doods. :)

Also Mystic, I've noticed you've been RPing both Midnea & Visco without my permission while I was gone. I've looked at those posts for them & I'm willing to let it all slide since there was nothing totally to my disliking about them. But maybe for the future if you should need my characters for story progression or just in general, ask in advance just in case I happen to vanish again, K dood? :) I'll also be taking back control of those 2 now that I'm back. Also, I have some stuff I wanna PM you about to Mystic, regarding the path you've put Midnea on & the remaining Punishers which there'll be only 3 left, since 1 was defeated within the world below events that took place before that world exploded. I see I also got a few PMs I gotta read too. Also Mystic! I see you've created the Helvadore king already but, I please name him?! I got a name thought up that I think you'll like & I think will suit his king status. 

The first thing I'll be doing now that I'm back is make a sum up flashback post that'll tell everyone what happened to my character's that where in the world below & the events that took place too. Then I'll make a current post soon after, K doods :) Glad to be back again! :D 

I have tried contacting you over the course of two months over several PMs with no response; how would my request to use your characters have been any different?  You were also gone for five months, which is an incredibly long time in an active RP.

We are already in the end game, and truthfully I feel that your lengthy absence without a word was just too much.  I understand that things come up, but letting us know would've been appreciated.  I have no problem working with people, but I need to be kept informed on what's going on.

Unfortunately I cannot let you return to the RP, though I am willing to absolve your characters from it, if that is what you wish.  I will, however, rewrite Visco as a different character--Alderon's daughter--for the sake of the story.  I'm sorry, Unversed. :(. It is good to see you, and I'm glad that you are well.  I hope that we are able to RP together again one day.

I must agree with Scrap, to be honest.

We're nearing the end as well, though at least you've appeared. :P I jest, welcome back.

haha xD The hero always shows up at the last second man!  

I'm hoping to make the challenges be entertaining.  I want to test each character on an array of aspects, some pertaining to strength, while, yes, others will be intelligence.  I was thinking that there's also the possibility that some characters may simply not pass, and as such they would face either being left behind, or, potentially, death.

If anyone has any thoughts or requests for the trials please feel free to share them with me either via PM or on here.  I'm working on putting them together now, but am hoping to gain enough of them that this part of the RP lasts for at least a little while.

Whoa, wait when is this happening the next for days, weeks, months? How are we getting to this? Is there a way a character could not be a part of it? PM me any info so I can work with this. You should understand why.

I'll try to post tomorrow everyone, It might not be until late afternoon... we have a pest control guy coming to spray and I'm not sure when so I'd rather wait until he leaves to post. Thanks for understanding!

Whoa, wait when is this happening the next for days, weeks, months? How are we getting to this? Is there a way a character could not be a part of it? PM me any info so I can work with this. You should understand why.

I'll try to post tomorrow everyone, It might not be until late afternoon... we have a pest control guy coming to spray and I'm not sure when so I'd rather wait until he leaves to post. Thanks for understanding!

Don't worry, I'm going to give everyone the chance to get their characters involved in this.  I'll be PMing you with some ideas shortly. :)

I have tried contacting you over the course of two months over several PMs with no response; how would my request to use your characters have been any different?  You were also gone for five months, which is an incredibly long time in an active RP.

We are already in the end game, and truthfully I feel that your lengthy absence without a word was just too much.  I understand that things come up, but letting us know would've been appreciated.  I have no problem working with people, but I need to be kept informed on what's going on.

Unfortunately I cannot let you return to the RP, though I am willing to absolve your characters from it, if that is what you wish.  I will, however, rewrite Visco as a different character--Alderon's daughter--for the sake of the story.  I'm sorry, Unversed. :(. It is good to see you, and I'm glad that you are well.  I hope that we are able to RP together again one day.

... Well, I can't say that I don't feel hurt or sad from what you've just said to me. But you should've taken precautions in order to prevent important story characters like Visco from being left out due to that character's missing player. As for me being gone & wanting to rejoin, I happen to recall Yuffie also went missing without a word & that if she ever should want to come back to rejoin the RP, you were going to welcome her back... but not me it seems? :( I'm starting to think your not being truly honest with me here. I'm sorry I couldn't let you know, but you understand that things do indeed come up in life.

If you truly feel that I can no longer be apart of this RP then I'll leave. Also, if I have to leave then yes, please absolve my characters from the RP & I'll be fine with you rewriting Visco's character too.  

It's also good to see you too.     

... Well, I can't say that I don't feel hurt or sad from what you've just said to me. But you should've taken precautions in order to prevent important story characters like Visco from being left out due to that character's missing player. As for me being gone & wanting to rejoin, I happen to recall Yuffie also went missing without a word & that if she ever should want to come back to rejoin the RP, you were going to welcome her back... but not me it seems? :( I'm starting to think your not being truly honest with me here. I'm sorry I couldn't let you know, but you understand that things do indeed come up in life.

If you truly feel that I can no longer be apart of this RP then I'll leave. Also, if I have to leave then yes, please absolve my characters from the RP & I'll be fine with you rewriting Visco's character too.  

If I may say something here? Maybe we could give Unversed another chance? 

Mind you, Unversed, Yuffie's characters were pronounced gone after a few similar events of much shorter nature than five or more months.  You ignored PMs, and you left without any notice.  More important characters have been removed from roleplays, and yours stuck because there was some slight potential for continuing the story without much change, out of the kindness of Mystics' heart.

Perhaps next time you shouldn't make your characters so involved in the RP if you are just going to up and leave without a word.  Actually, perhaps you shouldn't up and leave without a word at all.  I think of you as a friend, Unversed, yet I cannot help but agree with Mystics' decision.  Regardless of what happens, I hope we roleplay again sometime as well.

Unversed, I hate to say this, but I also have to agree with Mystics. Leaving without a word can severely interfere with the progression of the RP. I currently work for a big company, so I'll have a lot of shifts to cover, and I might even have to stop posting for a week or two sometimes, but I always will make sure to come back here and let everyone know so my absence won't interfere with the RP. I'm glad to see you're back, but I have to take Mystics' side on this.

Edited by Endless Thundaga

We did give Yuffie a chance...then she vanished again.  And has given nothing of a warning ever since, so her characters are gone.

Things do come up but you couldn't have warned us in these 5 months of your absence? I know shit's tough and I myself nearly vanished for like a month, but I still kept posting in the OOC and saying what was going on to keep everyone posted I WAS ALIVE.

I have to side with mystics on this, as vaude said, you didn't give any signs of life for five whole months. The worst part is that your characters were of crucial importance to the plot, and that is honestly, to me, unnaceptable. 

Edited by Scrapmaster

Mind you, Unversed, Yuffie's characters were pronounced gone after a few similar events of much shorter nature than five or more months.  You ignored PMs, and you left without any notice.  More important characters have been removed from roleplays, and yours stuck because there was some slight potential for continuing the story without much change, out of the kindness of Mystics' heart.

Perhaps next time you shouldn't make your characters so involved in the RP if you are just going to up and leave without a word.  Actually, perhaps you shouldn't up and leave without a word at all.  I think of you as a friend, Unversed, yet I cannot help but agree with Mystics' decision.  Regardless of what happens, I hope we roleplay again sometime as well.

It's true that Yuffie's characters were marked as retired on the list within a shorter time & I would know since I marked them as such. However, them being marked was not set in stone much like the rest, as it was talked over with Mystic that if Yuffie or the others should come back & want to rejoin I would reinstate them on the list so their characters were seen as active again. I never ignored any PMs but just needed time to respond to them is all, & from what your saying to me sounds like it you decided to control my characters without permission just cause it was convenient. :P But I'm sure Mystic didn't mean it like that.

I am not trying to be mean or cruel, but trying to run a role-play while maintaining fairness.  I do not see what kind of precautions I should've taken for missing players, unless I chose not to give everyone a pivotal role to the plot, which would've made no sense and would've been boring to everyone else.  I figured that, worst case scenario, if a player did go missing we could either make use of the characters or compromise, which I did.  I've left other role-plays where the host took control of my characters, so it is a common practice.  It is the host's role-play and their job to ensure that it runs smoothly.  That's just how it is.

Yuffie was a different case entirely.  She was gone for a shorter duration, and normally she is very good about keeping me informed so I decided to give her another chance.  After she disappeared again I decided that I wouldn't allow her to return, thus, as you saw in the war, they were non-participating characters.  I didn't make a public announcement saying "Hey!  It's been too long, so Yuffie's not coming back now" because I'm just not like that.  I also don't recall ever telling you that I would welcome her back whenever she came back.  If it was within a reasonable duration, sure, but that wasn't the case.  If she was gone for five months I wouldn't have let her back either.  I wouldn't have let anyone come back after five months without any contact after my efforts of trying to contact them.

I do not see how I'm being dishonest with you?  I am telling you, very forthcoming, that you were gone far too long.  Five months is a very long time, and I have sent you at least two PMs that I recall checking in to see if/when you would return.  I never heard back, and so I assumed that you were gone for good.  You could've at least kept me posted so that I could work something out with you, but you didn't even do that.  How am I being unfair to you, or dishonest?  I'm even offering to erase your characters from the RP, which technically I don't even have to do but am trying to be courteous of your character creation.  It wasn't "convenient" to take control of your characters.  Far from it--I didn't WANT to take on more characters because I already have plenty.  Why would it be convenient?

Once more, I apologize, but we are near the end and I feel that you were gone for too long without making an effort to contact me.  It is nothing personal--I would do the same to anyone who left for five months without a word, as almost any RP host would.  I hope that you understand.

I am not trying to be mean or cruel, but trying to run a role-play while maintaining fairness.  I do not see what kind of precautions I should've taken for missing players, unless I chose not to give everyone a pivotal role to the plot, which would've made no sense and would've been boring to everyone else.  I figured that, worst case scenario, if a player did go missing we could either make use of the characters or compromise, which I did.  I've left other role-plays where the host took control of my characters, so it is a common practice.  It is the host's role-play and their job to ensure that it runs smoothly.  That's just how it is.

Yuffie was a different case entirely.  She was gone for a shorter duration, and normally she is very good about keeping me informed so I decided to give her another chance.  After she disappeared again I decided that I wouldn't allow her to return, thus, as you saw in the war, they were non-participating characters.  I didn't make a public announcement saying "Hey!  It's been too long, so Yuffie's not coming back now" because I'm just not like that.  I also don't recall ever telling you that I would welcome her back whenever she came back.  If it was within a reasonable duration, sure, but that wasn't the case.  If she was gone for five months I wouldn't have let her back either.  I wouldn't have let anyone come back after five months without any contact after my efforts of trying to contact them.

I do not see how I'm being dishonest with you?  I am telling you, very forthcoming, that you were gone far too long.  Five months is a very long time, and I have sent you at least two PMs that I recall checking in to see if/when you would return.  I never heard back, and so I assumed that you were gone for good.  You could've at least kept me posted so that I could work something out with you, but you didn't even do that.  How am I being unfair to you, or dishonest?  I'm even offering to erase your characters from the RP, which technically I don't even have to do but am trying to be courteous of your character creation.  It wasn't "convenient" to take control of your characters.  Far from it--I didn't WANT to take on more characters because I already have plenty.  Why would it be convenient?

Once more, I apologize, but we are near the end and I feel that you were gone for too long without making an effort to contact me.  It is nothing personal--I would do the same to anyone who left for five months without a word, as almost any RP host would.  I hope that you understand.

An easy precaution to a main character who's player is missing would be to gain their permission to control their character should they be gone for a certain amount of time or something comes up early in the RP, mainly when discussing the character's creation. Having my characters controlled without my permission is not something I like just so you know & It looks to be convenient for the RP's story, rather than you changing a few directions to make up for lost ideas & characters. Also, you may not recall the conversation about Yuffie's characters but I do. Cause I was the one who was concerned about them in the first place. 

One last thing Mystic, if I may ask. if your being honest with me, then please tell me what is the harm in me rejoining the RP? after you answer me this I'll leave, also I'm telling you since their my characters to please erase them from the RP as I don't like them being controlled by others. But I'll be fine with letting you control Midnea & rewrite Visco's character since you've made them rather involved with recent events. K?

Also, I hope to RP with you doods again someday too. :)  

Edited by The Unversed

An easy precaution to a main character who's player is missing would be to gain their permission to control their character should they be gone for a certain amount of time or something comes up early in the RP, mainly when discussing the character's creation. Having my characters controlled without my permission is not something I like just so you know & It looks to be convenient for the RP's story, rather than you changing a few directions to make up for lost ideas & characters. Also, you may not recall the conversation about Yuffie's characters but I do. Cause I was the one who was concerned about them in the first place. 

One last thing Mystic, if I may ask. if your being honest with me, then please tell me what is the harm in me rejoining the RP? after you answer me this I'll leave, also I'm telling you since their my characters to please erase them from the RP as I don't like them being controlled by others. But I'll be fine with letting you control Midnea & rewrite Visco's character since you've made them rather involved with recent events. K?

I'm sorry but, how was Mystics supposed to get your permission when you, again, disappeared for five months without a word? Not even a peep in the Sign-ups or to Mystics? This has been stated multiple times, we couldn't reach you and as such, the plot needed to move forward, with or without you.

I'm not gonna tell you what to do, Unversed. I'm not a Mod or the GM of this RP, but I'm going to advise you to stop bringing up the same point repeatedly that has been repeatedly answered already, it'll only frustrate those you're talking with.

Yuffie's characters were removed due to a similar situation, conversation about characters notwithstanding, she disappeared just as you did with naught but a whisper.

Mystics could not be more honest with you, they're literally telling you straight up that you were gone for five months without telling us, your plot important characters were reassigned accordingly and we didn't expect you to come back, let alone want your characters back. So forgive the host(s) for being hesitant to welcome you back, much less with open arms. I had to work to get my place in the RP back and that was before or during the mid-point and I was gone for less time, though still without a word like yourself.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding/being harsh, but I just want you to know what's what and how we can settle this calmly and properly. :/

I feel no explanation that I provide will be satisfactory to you, and that we're talking in circles.

First, I had no way to contact you, and thus could not even acquire permission if I wanted to. I suppose in the rules I could've stated that I may take control of your characters in case of your absence, but I thought that went without saying as this is the case in most roleplays. As host I'm entitled to make sure that the RP continues to run smoothly. Not trying to be a jerk or take advantage here. Midnea and Visco were important to a lot of characters, thus I felt it important to finish their story for their sake. I apologize if this offended you. As I said earlier, I respect your character creation and will discontinue your characters.

Now I went back through all of our PMs, and I saw no mention of Yuffie. It must've been brought up in the sign ups, and there's frankly too many pages for me to look through. If she came back in a reasonable amount of time: yes, I would have welcomed her back. Five months? That is too long, especially if she approached at the very end. There are limits to everything. Please stop using this argument here, as I promise there is no inequality here.

In sum, I cannot let you back because it would be unfair to everyone else, five months is too long, and because we're at the end of the RP and we already have plans set into motion. It is too late to reintegrate your characters again.

Take it for what you will, but it is the truth. There is nothing to further say or discuss. I feel like I have been very accommodating with you and have tried to work with you on multiple other occasions, but this is where I must draw the line and simply cannot bend. Thanks for your contributions and for joining us on this adventure. I do indeed hope to roleplay together again one day.

I'm sorry but, how was Mystics supposed to get your permission when you, again, disappeared for five months without a word? Not even a peep in the Sign-ups or to Mystics? This has been stated multiple times, we couldn't reach you and as such, the plot needed to move forward, with or without you.

I'm not gonna tell you what to do, Unversed. I'm not a Mod or the GM of this RP, but I'm going to advise you to stop bringing up the same point repeatedly that has been repeatedly answered already, it'll only frustrate those you're talking with.

Yuffie's characters were removed due to a similar situation, conversation about characters notwithstanding, she disappeared just as you did with naught but a whisper.

Mystics could not be more honest with you, they're literally telling you straight up that you were gone for five months without telling us, your plot important characters were reassigned accordingly and we didn't expect you to come back, let alone want your characters back. So forgive the host(s) for being hesitant to welcome you back, much less with open arms. I had to work to get my place in the RP back and that was before or during the mid-point and I was gone for less time, though still without a word like yourself.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding/being harsh, but I just want you to know what's what and how we can settle this calmly and properly. :/

I feel no explanation that I provide will be satisfactory to you, and that we're talking in circles.

First, I had no way to contact you, and thus could not even acquire permission if I wanted to. I suppose in the rules I could've stated that I may take control of your characters in case of your absence, but I thought that went without saying as this is the case in most roleplays. As host I'm entitled to make sure that the RP continues to run smoothly. Not trying to be a jerk or take advantage here. Midnea and Visco were important to a lot of characters, thus I felt it important to finish their story for their sake. I apologize if this offended you. As I said earlier, I respect your character creation and will discontinue your characters.

Now I went back through all of our PMs, and I saw no mention of Yuffie. It must've been brought up in the sign ups, and there's frankly too many pages for me to look through. If she came back in a reasonable amount of time: yes, I would have welcomed her back. Five months? That is too long, especially if she approached at the very end. There are limits to everything. Please stop using this argument here, as I promise there is no inequality here.

In sum, I cannot let you back because it would be unfair to everyone else, five months is too long, and because we're at the end of the RP and we already have plans set into motion. It is too late to reintegrate your characters again.

Take it for what you will, but it is the truth. There is nothing to further say or discuss. I feel like I have been very accommodating with you and have tried to work with you on multiple other occasions, but this is where I must draw the line and simply cannot bend. Thanks for your contributions and for joining us on this adventure. I do indeed hope to roleplay together again one day.

One of the host's jobs is to have precautionary measures in mind & act on those that could arise a problem, as an RP host Mystic you should've noticed that Visco & Midnea were rather important characters to the RP's story early on & thought up some precautions during their character creation, which I'm sure you might've done. However it seems you didn't take into account that if I should happen to become inactive for some time who would control them, you should've had a precaution to this problem thought up from the start & asked me early on if you could control them should I become inactive for to long, but I don't blame you since no one can have precautionary measures to every problem, which is why I let it slide.

Also Mystic, yes. Our conversation about Yuffie's characters is indeed within the many signup pages just so you know. I expected this kind of answer to be honest... it is a rather unsatisfying answer, but I know you've made up your mind now. I'll thank you for respecting my decision to have my characters removed from the RP, not including Midnea & Visco of course. Your by far the most lenient RP host I've met which I respect you for greatly, that's mainly why I'm kind enough to let you control both Midnea & Visco for the RP. That & I don't want to ruin it by having these important characters erased from it, think of poor Arthur never seeing Visco again! haha xD

Aaaanyways, thanks for being an awesome RP host Mystic & I enjoyed RPing with everyone here too.

So I'll see ya round doods! :)        

In legalese, Unversed, we the coordinating party are in no way at fault for the delinquence or deficiency of the active participant. Mystics cannot accomodate for you just because you abandoned your post, soldier. In the next RP I think everyone here will remember that you may leave for five months without word and will contemplate deeply about bringing you back on, or will make a new rule in the signups to resolve future occurrences.

One of the host's jobs is to have precautionary measures in mind & act on those that could arise a problem, as an RP host Mystic you should've noticed that Visco & Midnea were rather important characters to the RP's story early on & thought up some precautions during their character creation, which I'm sure you might've done. However it seems you didn't take into account that if I should happen to become inactive for some time who would control them, you should've had a precaution to this problem thought up from the start & asked me early on if you could control them should I become inactive for to long, but I don't blame you since no one can have precautionary measures to every problem, which is why I let it slide.

Also Mystic, yes. Our conversation about Yuffie's characters is indeed within the many signup pages just so you know. I expected this kind of answer to be honest... it is a rather unsatisfying answer, but I know you've made up your mind now. I'll thank you for respecting my decision to have my characters removed from the RP, not including Midnea & Visco of course. Your by far the most lenient RP host I've met which I respect you for greatly, that's mainly why I'm kind enough to let you control both Midnea & Visco for the RP. That & I don't want to ruin it by having these important characters erased from it, think of poor Arthur never seeing Visco again! haha xD

Aaaanyways, thanks for being an awesome RP host Mystic & I enjoyed RPing with everyone here too.

So I'll see ya round doods! :)        

All right, I'll update the rules to be more specific. Essentially if you abandon a RP I would assume that you've surrendered your characters, as they are apart of the roleplay and if you're not there to play them, well, I guess the host has to do something about it. In about 95% of RPs you'll see the host take control of the characters if they're important, with or without permission.

I am sorry if it offended you, though. I never meant to hurt your feelings by taking control of your important characters. I appreciate you allowing them to conclude the roleplay, but I am quite fine in having them exit the RP here and now. I'll just replace Alderon's daughter with someone else.

Sorry if my answer isn't to your satisfaction, but I don't have anything else to offer you? You wanted the truth, and you got it. Would you rather I make up some compelling story as to why I can't have you return? :P. Truly, five months without a word was too much, and we have everything planned for the final stages so trying to add you back in would be too complicated. I do not know how I could be more honest with you.

Thanks for being understanding. Hope to see you around in the future. :)

Wow, that was a lot to read.

I'll just replace Alderon's daughter with someone else.

So, question.

Is the princess going to stick around? Or is she being replaced? I need to know so I can make a post accordingly to the situation, either tonight or tomorrow.

Wow, that was a lot to read.

So, question.

Is the princess going to stick around? Or is she being replaced? I need to know so I can make a post accordingly to the situation, either tonight or tomorrow.

I'm going to be replacing Visco for a different character. She will still be Alderon's daughter, just will be a different character, so as not to use the Unversed's character. I'll try to work out her details a bit later. I'm heading out for some errands in just a bit, and the remainder of this week is pretty full for me, unfortunately.

Did we decide to go with the wish idea, or the rescue mission?

I'm going to be replacing Visco for a different character. She will still be Alderon's daughter, just will be a different character, so as not to use the Unversed's character. I'll try to work out her details a bit later. I'm heading out for some errands in just a bit, and the remainder of this week is pretty full for me, unfortunately.

Did we decide to go with the wish idea, or the rescue mission?

Personally I want to go with the wish idea, as it would save us time, time that the princess could have with her father before going to Isopolis. Taking into consideration that there is a possibility that Alderon may not return I think that would be better.

I told Scrap that the rescue mission could focus on Effie instead, but I suppose that option is not possible.

I'm torn between allowing Scrap have his rescue mission and give the Princess some time with her father.

Edited by Elrandir