Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

On 10/9/2018 at 2:07 AM, Sora's Baby said:

Guys, I should be posting in a day or so (maybe today). 

~
Adding this here I talked to Mystics using the PMs and we agreed to an idea I had with Aqua's magic. 

It would go 1-6. I'll explain what each number means if you want any changes or have replacement ideas I'd be happy to see it. 

1-Failure to use her magic. A second dice roll to determine if she gets hurt from her failure. 1-3 is yes. 4-6 is no. If yes I'll roll another dice to determine how much. I will make sure it doesn't affect any other character.

2. A weak attack that doesn't do much damage.

3. A stronger attack, but Aqua can only partly control it.

4. A strong attack, but it takes a higher amount of magic and Aqua can't use magic for a post.

5. A successful attack. 

6. A mega powerful successful attack, but Aqua has drained most her magic. She also most likely faints.

I  decided that I should post this here. 

I find this system interesting, kinda like D&D, and I like it.

I hope you get a good roll, Sora!

It has indeed been rather quiet here.  I apologize for my silence as well.  I've been rather preoccupied with real-life events, though I am pleased that we're moving along rather nicely in the RP. :)  How are things going for everyone so far?  Is there any suggestions from anyone that could improve the final battle for them?

Vaude made an interesting comment in his recent Nergodin post concerning the Lysander: it can turn allies into foes with a strike, so be very wary.

Also @Sora's Baby  I went ahead and posted for Yev as we had discussed via PM.  I hope that this is useful for your upcoming post. :)

Sorry for making my last couple of posts shorter. The next one should be longer unless some does something to delay it I'll have another out in a few days. 

29 minutes ago, rikunobodyxiii said:

Yeah. What with Mariel not up for much deep thought currently, my posts have felt unfortunately short of late.

Is there a way for Mariel to return to normal. Or at least to be more in control of her emotions?

1 hour ago, Elrandir said:

Is there a way for Mariel to return to normal. Or at least to be more in control of her emotions?

Control is possible, and it'll be more manageable when her sacrifice is returned to her. To get her to calm down without her training would either need an appeal to a strong, positive emotion or nearly putting her down like Yev did. 

It's a bit of a corner I put myself in, but it's something I was toying with since putting the character together, so it feels right to finally do it. 

I promise that I'm posting in Overworld soon.  I apologize for dropping the ball on this RP as of late; real life has been a bit overwhelming and I haven't been able to dedicate time to Overworld as I would liked.  How does everyone feel that things are going so far?  Anything that could be smoothed out/improved upon?

6 hours ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

I promise that I'm posting in Overworld soon.  I apologize for dropping the ball on this RP as of late; real life has been a bit overwhelming and I haven't been able to dedicate time to Overworld as I would liked.  How does everyone feel that things are going so far?  Anything that could be smoothed out/improved upon?

All good. 

7 hours ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

Everything feels alright on my side. 

And don't worry, we understand that real life can be a bit overwhelming sometimes.

7 hours ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

It's all good since I've gotten a case of writer's block since my last post!

On 11/17/2018 at 4:40 PM, rikunobodyxiii said:

All good. 

On 11/17/2018 at 4:52 PM, Elrandir said:

Everything feels alright on my side. 

And don't worry, we understand that real life can be a bit overwhelming sometimes.

Thanks for being so understanding, guys, and I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you both in terms of the RP. : )

On 11/17/2018 at 5:50 PM, Sora's Baby said:

It's all good since I've gotten a case of writer's block since my last post!

Ah, writer's block is no fun.  Perhaps Aqua can respond to this attack from Nergodin, giving you the chance to implement your rolls?

"Search Magic; Flying General:  Advisor," escaped his lips as he was tackled by Typhon, his eyes glittering in power again.  He called back Nergal's Glaive to protect him, summoned back from where Arthur was, and the weapon would spin backwards at incredible speeds in an attempt to cut down Typhon from his torso.  A change of plans was needed when Nergodin was thrown away from both Jynn and the bug, but he maintained his focus as the weapon spun clear of everyone and snagged the danger of the fireball.  As if it were by its own volition, the device gathered the fireball and stopped spinning, flinging it towards Aqua, whose power seemed to be gathered for an attack.

An explosion rocketed from in between Nergodin and Aqua as the fireball exploded two thirds of the way toward Aqua.  The Glaive carrying the fireball struck the earth below it, sticking into the ground, and Nergodin was sent backwards from the buffeting burst of heat and air, bearing with the pain of searing flames touching his skin.  He suffered some second-degree burns which would inflict pain, but it was nothing too serious.  Aqua would have to be quick to prevent herself from being hurt.

No problem at all, Scrap, and thanks for letting me know.  I was actually thinking to ask the group if they would like to go on a two-week break over Christmas and New Years and resume thereafter, or if you guys would like to power through?

I was also thinking to create a holiday special mini RP that involves Christmas in Kilkis Seres.  It would be a companion RP with no additional sign-ups, where you essentially would bring your characters over and just have fun.  Sort of think of it as an extras.  All previously deceased characters would also be returning (yes @Saber Lily, even Shiva :D).  Would anyone be interested in something like this?

We also would have the option of allowing guest characters (i.e. those from players who aren't in Overworld) to join us for the special, if the majority thinks this is a good idea.  I'm also fine–and perhaps partial–with leaving this as a closed group with who we have.

1 hour ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

No problem at all, Scrap, and thanks for letting me know.  I was actually thinking to ask the group if they would like to go on a two-week break over Christmas and New Years and resume thereafter, or if you guys would like to power through?

I was also thinking to create a holiday special mini RP that involves Christmas in Kilkis Seres.  It would be a companion RP with no additional sign-ups, where you essentially would bring your characters over and just have fun.  Sort of think of it as an extras.  All previously deceased characters would also be returning (yes @Saber Lily, even Shiva :D).  Would anyone be interested in something like this?

We also would have the option of allowing guest characters (i.e. those from players who aren't in Overworld) to join us for the special, if the majority thinks this is a good idea.  I'm also fine–and perhaps partial–with leaving this as a closed group with who we have.

Mini RP sounds cool! I’m in!

Edited by Endless Thundaga

4 hours ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

Well, I have a two-week vacation so If everyone wants to power through that is fine with me, or if everyone wants a two-week break that is fine too. I think it depends on everyone's schedules, but I'm fine with either choice.

And a mini christmas special sounds good, count me in.

And early Merry Christmas from your friendly neighborhood Pelgrim of the Stars and his silly Elf!

cQzU6fe.png

5 hours ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

I can safely say that I am fine with both options, as it would be nice to take time to ourselves during the holiday period, long as we remember to get back into things afterward and do so hard, with a vengeance toward the final boss. xD

I'm assuming that the Overworld: Christmas Special is non-canon in that case, but still would be quite fun, I say. :D

Alrightee, folks, the holiday special has been posted with some basic rules: 

The main point is to just be random and have fun.  Feel free to insert new characters in as well, especially ones that have been referenced to in Overworld but have not made actual appearances as characters. :)

I'll have to opt out of mini Christmas arc/roleplay/signup/thingy. I don't think Aqua has much in the way of Christmas spirit, too many family issues.