Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

1 hour ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

No, I am really glad that you brought this up, and I appreciate it immensely.  I do want everyone to feel like they are apart of this story, and my fear is that someone is going to get left out.  I have been fearful for Mariel especially, since I know that she joined late and I have not incorporated her into the main story as I would have liked.  I was partially trying to help engage Mariel with Alderon a bit, but I know it is not enough.  I am sorry for not doing a better job here.

Every bit from every character helps immensely, so your contributions indeed mean something!  If it helps, all of my attacks have been nullified as well, so you are not alone.  I am hoping that the rest of the story rolls out with a bang, and that it is an experience that everyone can look back on fondly and smile.  This is a rough patch, admittedly, and I'm looking back and seeing ways that I could've made this better.

Speaking up is indeed better than bearing with it silently, so I thank you again for bringing this up.  I'm glad that you're hanging in there, and if I can help work on some way to better utilize Mariel's abilities with you, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do! 

Thanks, man. I’m not sure how much we can do, though. She sacrificed her training and skill to get to the Source. Giving her too much expertise would feel like undoing that, which would be sad because I thought it was a cool touch that I actually had to think about when it happened. I’ve kind of felt some of the magic I did was pushing it, in hindsight. So, she’s kind of a blunt instrument, at the moment. *shrugs* I wrote myself into...maybe not a corner, but at least a tight corridor. 

Don’t worry too much about her incorporation. I knew I was jumping in for the tail end of something, so wouldn’t have the same impact as the veteran characters (nor, in certain ways, should). I’m actually very thankful and pleased with how she’s integrated in the story she’s been around for. 

59 minutes ago, Vaude said:

Yeah . . . the battle is a bit protractive, that is for certain.  Please rest assured that things will be ending quick, and I mean quick.  I'll be posting shortly so things aren't dragged on for another week (after a nice bit of sleep, as my eyelids are sagging to the floorboards right now).  Sorry as well for my part of the issue.  I hope to remediate this so that everyone is contented in the end, even with all of these unforeseen pitfalls, so please bear with me a little while longer.

On a separate note, I feel saddened that I may not have mentioned this, but the Sanguis Vindicta was very interesting.  A blood defense is a bold and innovative idea, even if one of the mightiest flaws of the technique was a berserkergang of sorts, and I loved its implementation.  Sadly I had no techniques to aid Mariel with Raiden/Odin gone, elsewise I would have attempted to assist.

Thank you! The idea for a more savage side for Mariel was in my mind from near the beginning of her introduction. I just wasn’t sure how to present it. Working it into the blood popped in my head as we were negotiating the traps of Isopolis and the sacrifice to get to the source seemed perfect for the loss of control. I am kind of sad Raiden/Odin wasn’t quite himself either to work off of, but it was a late twist I threw in, and you already had a plan going. 

It’s honestly quite late to throw this kind of thing in at all, but the pieces were swimming around in my head long enough that it felt good to enact them. Heh, if people are up for a sequel, I have a good hook for Mari.

By the way @Nero Kunivas and @Vaude, I have purposely left Elia's time arrow up for your interpretation in terms of its effectiveness.  The length of time that it takes to destroy Ahriman is entirely up to you; the party could defeat Ahriman by other means before then, or the party could also lose before his demise.  Though with the end eminent, I figured this may be plausible (plus, I wanted to make the time mage useful somehow, since she no longer has the ability to heal ;) )

On 1/19/2019 at 12:09 AM, rikunobodyxiii said:

Thanks, man. I’m not sure how much we can do, though. She sacrificed her training and skill to get to the Source. Giving her too much expertise would feel like undoing that, which would be sad because I thought it was a cool touch that I actually had to think about when it happened. I’ve kind of felt some of the magic I did was pushing it, in hindsight. So, she’s kind of a blunt instrument, at the moment. *shrugs* I wrote myself into...maybe not a corner, but at least a tight corridor. 

Don’t worry too much about her incorporation. I knew I was jumping in for the tail end of something, so wouldn’t have the same impact as the veteran characters (nor, in certain ways, should). I’m actually very thankful and pleased with how she’s integrated in the story she’s been around for. 

Thank you! The idea for a more savage side for Mariel was in my mind from near the beginning of her introduction. I just wasn’t sure how to present it. Working it into the blood popped in my head as we were negotiating the traps of Isopolis and the sacrifice to get to the source seemed perfect for the loss of control. I am kind of sad Raiden/Odin wasn’t quite himself either to work off of, but it was a late twist I threw in, and you already had a plan going. 

It’s honestly quite late to throw this kind of thing in at all, but the pieces were swimming around in my head long enough that it felt good to enact them. Heh, if people are up for a sequel, I have a good hook for Mari.

Hmm, yes, that does make things rather limited for Mariel . . . .  The most that I could suggest would be teamwork.  Working in tandem with another player to do combos that would wreak more havoc on Ahriman would be useful, since she could still work with the basics but potentially be aided by another.

Given the short duration of time that Mariel has been in the RP, you have done an incredible job with her character development and giving her connections to other characters.  Considering there is such a large cast and there was so much to consider you have done beautifully at integrating yourself, so many kudos are in order there.  I do believe that @Elrandir is still cooking up a sequel, so hopefully we will get to see even more of Mariel in the near future!

On 1/18/2019 at 7:23 PM, Sora's Baby said:

1. It has three hits (attacks) max or five turns (Replies) 

2. Aqua is going to faint (I'll explain that in my post). 

Sound fair?

I should have mentioned this, but the barrier works for physical attacks too. Sorry, I thought it was implied. 

1 hour ago, Sora's Baby said:

He kissed someone. 

Well, he kissed her hand, something that is customary during that day and age for men to do to ladies, or for servants to do to nobles and rulers.  Perhaps there was more behind it, or maybe he was just acknowledging Lady Eliltari with fondness and respect.  It wasn't a particularly romantic action, but--it may have had implications.

I thought we felt Aqua was a bit young for him, though maybe I'm confusing this with someone else.

On 2/3/2019 at 7:55 AM, Mystics Apprentice said:

Well, he kissed her hand, something that is customary during that day and age for men to do to ladies, or for servants to do to nobles and rulers.  Perhaps there was more behind it, or maybe he was just acknowledging Lady Eliltari with fondness and respect.  It wasn't a particularly romantic action, but--it may have had implications.

I thought we felt Aqua was a bit young for him, though maybe I'm confusing this with someone else.

Physically? Mentally? Or actual years too young? 

Just waiting on a short blurb from @Scrapmaster for Henry concerning the time travel aspect, and we will be on our way to the grand finale. : )

22 hours ago, Sora's Baby said:

Physically? Mentally? Or actual years too young? 

I don't know?  I just remember from the past when we were discussing parings that it was stated that Yev was too old for Aqua, though in what manner I don't think was specified.  Aqua is 18, while Yevgeni has been on the face of the Overworld for over two millennia.  Physically he's probably in his mid-thirties'ish(?), though mentally I would think he is considerably older.

Regardless, Yevgeni is incapable of truly loving another unless he gets extensive therapy.   The only people that he has ever truly loved was a father that used him, a mother who hid him, a sister who needed his protection, and Ariana, who did not return his affection and betrayed him.  While he has connections with Rabiyu, Nergal, and Aqua it would be a very complex matter for him to actually maintain a healthy romantic involvement with any of them (though I have, personally, always enjoyed the thought of a Rabiyu/Yevgeni pairing off-stage because they share so many commonalities).  Perhaps in Elrandir's sequel he may open his heart to love, though as it is now the thought of love is more of a brief fancy.

2 hours ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

Just waiting on a short blurb from @Scrapmaster for Henry concerning the time travel aspect, and we will be on our way to the grand finale. : )

I don't know?  I just remember from the past when we were discussing parings that it was stated that Yev was too old for Aqua, though in what manner I don't think was specified.  Aqua is 18, while Yevgeni has been on the face of the Overworld for over two millennia.  Physically he's probably in his mid-thirties'ish(?), though mentally I would think he is considerably older.

Regardless, Yevgeni is incapable of truly loving another unless he gets extensive therapy.   The only people that he has ever truly loved was a father that used him, a mother who hid him, a sister who needed his protection, and Ariana, who did not return his affection and betrayed him.  While he has connections with Rabiyu, Nergal, and Aqua it would be a very complex matter for him to actually maintain a healthy romantic involvement with any of them (though I have, personally, always enjoyed the thought of a Rabiyu/Yevgeni pairing off-stage because they share so many commonalities).  Perhaps in Elrandir's sequel he may open his heart to love, though as it is now the thought of love is more of a brief fancy.

Well, if it helps it's just a crush on him. Aqua has too many trust issues to have anything beyond a crush on another. Love requires a level of trust that Aqua doesn't have to give. Although, if Aqua did have the level of trust you need to date...who would she date? I can't think of anyone. Not that's it's important to the story. I just like shipping my characters. 

On 3/10/2019 at 11:00 PM, Scrapmaster said:

Well...Mariel went postal.

And didn't even leave a forwarding address.

18 hours ago, Elrandir said:

That was one interesting way to end Mariel's story on Overworld. Really caught me by surprise!

Great job rikunobodyxii!

4 hours ago, Vaude said:

Dang, Mariel went out with a note that I would never have guessed!  Like everyone else, I was taken aback and yet impressed.  Nicely done, RikuNobody.

Thanks! From the beginning, I didn't think Mariel would have that happy an ending. Originally, it wasn't this dire, but when the Sanguis Vindicta came together, I realized that going down that path would preclude this chapter of her story ending with the identity of Guardian Angel she clung to surviving. 

Very great posts from everyone so far.  I am really enjoying seeing the way that everyone is wrapping up their tales and tying things together.  I will be especially interested to see where some of these things lead up to, if @Elrandir is feeling up to a future sequel and is gracious enough to host it for us.

I want to make sure that everyone has the chance to fully complete their character's stories before wrapping this up officially.  I think I've seen posts from everyone except @Saber Lily and @Scrapmaster.  @Sora's Baby and I are working on a merged post, which should come over the next week or so, most likely.  I'm also planning to write Yevgeni's epilogue as well, after the events of this RP.

1 minute ago, Scrapmaster said:

I'l try to post soon, home has been very hectic as of late.

No problem!  Take as much time as you need.  I am taking forever to update as well, so I am not one to complain.  I am sorry to hear that things have been hectic on your end. :( 

I am very sorry for the delay on the Yevgeni/Aqua scene.  It was predominately my fault, as I took a very long time to respond around Anime Boston and get it all situated.

It has now been posted, however, and I am considering foregoing Elia, Athena, and Alderon's final epilogues to close the RP for good.  I think that @Elrandir and @Scrapmaster still had some content to add, right?  Along with the remainder of @Nero Kunivas's scene?   Did anyone else have anything for the RP?