Recommended Posts

Merry Christmas to everyone!  I hope that everyone has had a wonderful time with their loved ones this holiday season.

I do not think that I myself will be posting in the main RP until after New Years (though I may surprise myself and do so).  I am just in need of a little reprieve after the holiday rush.  Everyone else is welcome to continue posting in the main RP, though, and I will catch up a bit later.

As for the Christmas special, I am thinking to run it until New Years Day or so; does that sound good to everyone?  Is that too short of time?  Would you folks prefer it to last longer?

21 hours ago, Sora's Baby said:

I'll have to opt out of mini Christmas arc/roleplay/signup/thingy. I don't think Aqua has much in the way of Christmas spirit, too many family issues. 

No problem, though I am sure that there are those who would've enjoyed her companionship, if not her family.  In truth I don't think Yevgeni would honestly be much for Christmas in real life (or, at least as real as Overworld is), though I am having fun with making my characters loosen up for the holiday special, haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

As for the Christmas special, I am thinking to run it until New Years Day or so; does that sound good to everyone?  Is that too short of time?  Would you folks prefer it to last longer?

It think that should be enough time, but if everyone wants for it to last a little longer, that is fine with me. I think it depends how often we post to reach the end before New Years Day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

Sorry for the delay in posting, folks; I have been rather sick with a stomach bug.  I will see what I can do soonish, or at the very least try to catch up on what I've missed.

I hope you get better soon, Mystic. And don't worry, take your time, we can wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

Sorry for the delay in posting, folks; I have been rather sick with a stomach bug.  I will see what I can do soonish, or at the very least try to catch up on what I've missed.

Oh, hate stomach bugs. Getting better from that definitely takes precedence to posting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

Sorry for the delay in posting, folks; I have been rather sick with a stomach bug.  I will see what I can do soonish, or at the very least try to catch up on what I've missed.

Listen to these two. Rest up, drink plenty of water and try to eat in small amounts. 

6 hours ago, Elrandir said:

I hope you get better soon, Mystic. And don't worry, take your time, we can wait.

 

1 hour ago, rikunobodyxiii said:

Oh, hate stomach bugs. Getting better from that definitely takes precedence to posting. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy New Year!  I can honestly say that 2018 was a very good year for me and I will be sad to see it go.  Here's to 2019 being an even better year for everyone!

Also, thank you for the well wishes, everyone.  I am feeling much better after a couple of days on a strict BRAT diet (who knew that I was such a brat even still. :P).  I hope to continue Overworld soon and proceed to surge forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of friendly reminders that I wanted to go over real quick in terms of this final fight:

1.  I have noticed a bit of auto-hitting as of late, which I know can be rather hard to avoid with so much going on.  Instead of saying that hits land, it would be best to state something along the lines of "assuming the arrow hit its target," or "should this be effective, blank blank happens."  You can also go on to explain it would be nigh impossible to avoid, but you cannot declare an attack to actually land on your opponent unless they give the go-ahead.

2. This is the final fight and there are a lot of buffs, which is fine, and I expect everyone to exploit their abilities as much as possible.  However, please try to keep your attacks within reason; your abilities alone should not rival the final boss.  As such, I would expect the boss to not be invincible and skirt all damage (which so far hasn't happened, but I'm just throwing that out there).  For the most part all has been well, and with this new dragon blight in effect I think this will take care of any previous issues, though just try to make sure your attacks aren't coming across as overpowered.

3. I don't think I have seen this happen yet, but since it's been on my mind I wanted to voice it: make sure that you aren't posting twice in one turn.  One turn essentially would be you versus the enemy (multiple attacks in the same post are okay, just don't do back-to-back posts before your opponent can respond).  Make sure that your opponent responds before attacking again.  This may be obvious and go without saying, but like I said I just thought of it and wanted to mention it. :)

Everyone's doing great!  I can see the end is nigh.  Keep up the great work!  And, of course, if you have any thoughts, suggestions, or concerns please feel free to give them voice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it okay if I have Aqua put barriers around everyone (excluding villain number one)? I do have some rules and limits on it, but I need to know now so I can finish my post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sora's Baby said:

Is it okay if I have Aqua put barriers around everyone (excluding villain number one)? I do have some rules and limits on it, but I need to know now so I can finish my post.

That would be fine. :)  So long as it's destructible or has a time limit I'm good with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

That would be fine. :)  So long as it's destructible or has a time limit I'm good with it.

1. It has three hits (attacks) max or five turns (Replies) 

2. Aqua is going to faint (I'll explain that in my post). 

Sound fair?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sora's Baby said:

1. It has three hits (attacks) max or five turns (Replies) 

2. Aqua is going to faint (I'll explain that in my post). 

Sound fair?

That sounds good, though Aqua doesn't have to faint.  It is up to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

That sounds good, though Aqua doesn't have to faint.  It is up to you.

Well, I want her too. Are you planning on posting tonight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sora's Baby said:

Well, I want her too. Are you planning on posting tonight?

I am going to attempt it right now. :)  But don't wait on me.  Feel free to post what you've got going and I'll work with it when I'm able.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rikunobodyxiii said:

Sorry, for my part. Just growing a little...frustrated with the battle.

I honestly think it's going on too long. The boss has 4 different forms and is starting to get longer than a KH boss and FF boss.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, rikunobodyxiii said:

Sorry, for my part. Just growing a little...frustrated with the battle.

 

3 minutes ago, Sora's Baby said:

I honestly think it's going on too long. The boss has 4 different forms and is starting to get longer than a KH boss and FF boss.

 

I am very sorry; admittedly I thought that this battle was going to end quite a while ago and is lasting a bit longer than I anticipated.  I think a huge part of it is because some of us are slow in getting our posts out, dragging things out longer.  I will see what I can do.  Overall, I was hoping to making this experience more enjoyable for everyone and I think most everyone has been disappointed in some way, shape, or form.  It has been a learning experience for me as a host, that is for certain, and I will try to make better on it in the future.

Thanks for bearing with me, folks, as well as sharing your feedback.  It really means a lot that you both are sticking through this and working with it despite the odds.  I'll do what I can to make this right by everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

 

I am very sorry; admittedly I thought that this battle was going to end quite a while ago and is lasting a bit longer than I anticipated.  I think a huge part of it is because some of us are slow in getting our posts out, dragging things out longer.  I will see what I can do.  Overall, I was hoping to making this experience more enjoyable for everyone and I think most everyone has been disappointed in some way, shape, or form.  It has been a learning experience for me as a host, that is for certain, and I will try to make better on it in the future.

Thanks for bearing with me, folks, as well as sharing your feedback.  It really means a lot that you both are sticking through this and working with it despite the odds.  I'll do what I can to make this right by everyone.

*sigh* and this is part of the reason I didn’t want to say anything. Y’all have a plan and I don’t want to get in the way with the finale cooked up. I’m just having a hard time feeling like I’m part of it.

Now, part of that is my fault. I chose to implement an idea I had for Mariel for a while now that severely limited my ability to interact and contribute. I’ve been trying to figure out ways to mitigate this without losing the intended impact on the character. The wish helped a lot. But then the anti-magic field went up and I felt I was back to the basic stuff that did zilch before. 

I’m sorry for dragging this out. I’m in this for whatever you got planned. I just...don’t feel like I’m actually helping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rikunobodyxiii said:

*sigh* and this is part of the reason I didn’t want to say anything. Y’all have a plan and I don’t want to get in the way with the finale cooked up. I’m just having a hard time feeling like I’m part of it.

Now, part of that is my fault. I chose to implement an idea I had for Mariel for a while now that severely limited my ability to interact and contribute. I’ve been trying to figure out ways to mitigate this without losing the intended impact on the character. The wish helped a lot. But then the anti-magic field went up and I felt I was back to the basic stuff that did zilch before. 

I’m sorry for dragging this out. I’m in this for whatever you got planned. I just...don’t feel like I’m actually helping. 

No, I am really glad that you brought this up, and I appreciate it immensely.  I do want everyone to feel like they are apart of this story, and my fear is that someone is going to get left out.  I have been fearful for Mariel especially, since I know that she joined late and I have not incorporated her into the main story as I would have liked.  I was partially trying to help engage Mariel with Alderon a bit, but I know it is not enough.  I am sorry for not doing a better job here.

Every bit from every character helps immensely, so your contributions indeed mean something!  If it helps, all of my attacks have been nullified as well, so you are not alone.  I am hoping that the rest of the story rolls out with a bang, and that it is an experience that everyone can look back on fondly and smile.  This is a rough patch, admittedly, and I'm looking back and seeing ways that I could've made this better.

Speaking up is indeed better than bearing with it silently, so I thank you again for bringing this up.  I'm glad that you're hanging in there, and if I can help work on some way to better utilize Mariel's abilities with you, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah . . . the battle is a bit protractive, that is for certain.  Please rest assured that things will be ending quick, and I mean quick.  I'll be posting shortly so things aren't dragged on for another week (after a nice bit of sleep, as my eyelids are sagging to the floorboards right now).  Sorry as well for my part of the issue.  I hope to remediate this so that everyone is contented in the end, even with all of these unforeseen pitfalls, so please bear with me a little while longer.

On a separate note, I feel saddened that I may not have mentioned this, but the Sanguis Vindicta was very interesting.  A blood defense is a bold and innovative idea, even if one of the mightiest flaws of the technique was a berserkergang of sorts, and I loved its implementation.  Sadly I had no techniques to aid Mariel with Raiden/Odin gone, elsewise I would have attempted to assist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup. I feel we went a little overboard with the super abilities and what not, obviously a bit of lack of communication on our part. I think that now that we have realized that, we can do better to avoid making the same mistake again.

The moral of this is: We need to speak up once things start to get out of control, so everyone can continue to enjoy this.

Edited by Elrandir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now