Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
sneakie1

KHUX HD medals of Micky and Riku revealed, what do you think about them?

Is this for Japan?

since it is posted on the japanese twitter of unchained x, yeah it is, but still interesting to see how they look.

Those are from a promotional Dream Drop Distance render, right? I don't see why anyone would have a problem with them, they look fine.

i have seen some tweets saying similiar things to the comments under the 2.8 reveal trailer when we first saw riku kairi and micky at yen sids tower, things like "they look horrible/like plastic" 

thats the full tweet if anyone is curious: https://twitter.com/KHUX_PR/status/748471181750083585

i have seen some tweets saying similiar things to the comments under the 2.8 reveal trailer when we first saw riku kairi and micky at yen sids tower, things like "they look horrible/like plastic" 

thats the full tweet if anyone is curious: https://twitter.com/KHUX_PR/status/748471181750083585

Now for these 2 that's just untrue. They're the same quality as the CG openings, and have way better lighting.

Now for these 2 that's just untrue. They're the same quality as the CG openings, and have way better lighting.

dont get me wrong, i love how they look :D

Posted Image

i cant get over the fact how good this looks man :3

Edited by sneakie1

When people are saying "they look horrible/like plastic", they're refering to the models made in Unreal Engine 4 which Kingdom Hearts 3 and KH 0.2 is on. These medals are a little misleading to be called HD in the same vein as the HD Aqua medal cause they're just old 2012 DDD promotional stuff. HD Mickey, HD Riku, and especially HD Sora are not Unreal Engine 4 models people. lol

Edited by Mirr0rVS13

When people are saying "they look horrible/like plastic", they're refering to the models made in Unreal Engine 4 which Kingdom Hearts 3 and KH 0.2 is on. These medals are a little misleading to be called HD in the same vein as the HD Aqua medal cause they're just old 2012 DDD promotional stuff. HD Mickey, HD Riku, and especially HD Sora are not Unreal Engine 4 models people. lol

after seeing sora i became a little sceptic too, but with riku and micky i thought it would be as you said, UE4 models. sigh, thats disappointing. Why cant they just use this style direction for kh3 ? y-y

Those look pretty good, and Mickey looks especially better, his mouth looks exactly like it's supposed to be. Really I think people were just complaining about the UE4 models, but I think those look fine, aside from Mickey's mouth. I can see why there's disappointment for Mickey, but everyone else looks fine, it feels like a very Kingdom Hearts-y style. It actually almost looks like these rendered figures, so I think it's perfect. Imagine how well the HD rendered scenes in KH3 will look! I really hope we get all these medals, I'd love to have a fully HD character set for my Starlight Keyblade!

Posted Image

unlike other people i think they look fine,especially micky, what about you?

These are old renders from KH3D posters.

Holy crud, these medals look gorgeous!  But I'm confused, are these designs promotional material of Dream Drop Distance, or is this their 2.8 renders!? CUZ HOLY DANG, THEY LOOK AMAZING!!! :')

These are old and from the promotional stuff for 3D on 3ds.