Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

New Types of Weapons/Powers for Future Games?

Keyblades are cool, but how about introducing a new type of weapon for the next saga? Not for Sora, but for new characters. Maybe a new villain creates a special type of weapon that suppressing the power of a keyblade?

We know that keyblades can lock and unlock the doors of worlds,( I haven't brushed up on the lore in a long time) so what about a weapon that destroys the doors of worlds?

Or, a new power that's extremely deadly. Maybe the ability to create hearts and destroy hearts.

To destroy a heart you would also need to destroy all those people that came in contact with that heart. Sounds like a hassle. Considering hearts are the metaphors for existence in kingdom hearts, being able to destroy the very essence of anything seems like a bit of a OP power. Personally I like the concept of the hearts greatest enemy being itself. Manipulation is what makes xehanort such a great villan. Thats what makes enemys in kingdom hearts that dont wield keyblades compelling, the ability to manipulate. 

Oh yes, I'm sure that we'll definitely get a new weapon type when the next saga rolls around!  What weapon will it be, I don't know!  I just hope that the weapon equals or slightly surpasses the power of the Keyblade, so that whoever wields it provides a challenge for Sora and friends! :D  During the off season after Kingdom Hearts III, after Nomura takes his long deserved break, I think he'll come up with great ideas once he's ready to begin the next saga! :D

In terms of what powers we could see in the future...maybe the power to alter reality?  Change the essence of living things?  Distort a person's soul? Subdue darkness and light? Because sure, we've gotten a great deal of the heart in this saga, but I think it'd be interesting if the next saga explored the soul, ya know? :3