Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M0mTw3qDv0

Source

Blue Exorcist, or Ao No Exorcist, is getting a new anime season in 2017. According to the info, the season will adapt the "Impure King" arc from the show's source material, that being the BE/ANE manga.

I would first like to clarify that I am person who is a fan of the Blue Exorcist series, more so the manga than the anime, and has been very vocal about his displeasure for how the first Blue Exorcist anime turned out due to being cut off from the source material about halfway through and instead focusing on original content.

With that said: I've read that like other shows like the new seasons of Black Butler i.e. Kuroshitsuji that the studio may simply ignore their original content in favor of simply sticking to the manga's content since they no longer have the excuse of the manga not having enough content to adapt, which still raises a bunch of questions when thinking about how their content will mesh with the continued source material at the time the Impure King arc starts but... eh. I can live with it.

Overall, I would still prefer an complete remake of the show in order to properly adapt the source material from its beginning and so on, but I guess this is still a step in the right direction. If more interest goes into the BE/ANE property, there might be more seasons that adapt the manga and maybe even interest for said remake.

Edited by Felixx

OOH, SWEET!  I WAS READING ON THE IMPURE KING ARC, AND IT WAS BADASS!  (I stopped reading it quite a while ago, since I've been busy with other things, so yeah. xD)  So when I saw "Impure King" in your paragraph, I immediately jumped the gun, because I was reading that arc, and I'm glad it's getting adapted into anime! True, a remake could've been better, but hey, at least we're getting this arc, ya know?  It'll probably get even more popular, which will most likely lead to the whole manga series being adapted, hopefully! :D

I really really hope they don't mess around with the new Blue Exorcist, because I remember how mad I was about what they did to Kuroshitsuji.

I mean seriously these anime studios need to stick with the content of the manga if they are going to adapt it into an anime.