Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

Favourite Plot Twist in the Entire Series (Spoilers)

I'm not sure if this really counts as a 'twist', but when I first played Birth by Sleep on the PSP, I never managed to unlock the Final Episode and see what happened to the trio of characters. It took until 2.5 about 2-3 years later for me to realize what actually happened to them all, the origin of Castle Oblivion as well as the Terra+Xehanort thing. However, the single biggest thing for me was finding out that Aqua was and has been roaming the Realm of Darkness this whole time. I was sure throughout BBS that she'd bite the dust as she's the only character to have bear any resemblance to anybody in other games. So, seeing her speaking to Ansem the Wise on the Dark Margin and sobbing when she hears Sora's name and then cutting to the DI trio as they decide what to do with Mickey's letter is one of my favorite video game experiences of all time. 

And now we're going to see more of her adventures in 0.2 and that makes me happy. 

Edited by Kaweebo

Favorite plot twist would have to be the revelation of Apprentice Xehanort's origin like you.

Not so much a plot twist as much as it is a realization, but one of the most memorable parts in my history of playing Kingdom Hearts (which I credit as the start of my appreciation of Saïx) was when I replayed KHii and got to Saïx's boss battle. I had always been fond of him if purely for aesthetics, but hearing the line "Different Name, same fate." again after playing days forced me to realize I had been (potentially) interpreting that line wrong. That marks the first time I cried at Kingdom Hearts, as it hit me that Saïx lost his battle with Roxas and he indeed did suffer the same fate.

Ouch. 

Edited by Shimmy

Pete stole Pete's boat.

Dat paradox doe.

My favourite plot twist is the Master of Masters wearing the Organization XIII cloak. It completely shuts down the archetype that Masters have to always be like Ansem and Eraqus: kind, serious and noble. Having a nutter lead five Keyblade Master who themselves lead people is certainly an interesting power structure!

I got into the series really late so there weren't really any big surprises other than the whole Nobodies have hearts thing, and that didn't really blow my mind.

My favourite plot twist is the Master of Masters wearing the Organization XIII cloak. It completely shuts down the archetype that Masters have to always be like Ansem and Eraqus: kind, serious and noble. Having a nutter lead five Keyblade Master who themselves lead people is certainly an interesting power structure!

While my current favorite plot twist was the reveal of Castle Oblivion essentially being the reconstruction of the Land of Departure, I feel like the Master of Masters is going to top that come December. We know he's the guy in the black coat, but aside from that there's not much else known except that he apparently has an eccentric sort of personality and is kind of quirky. I'm curious to learn more about him, and I feel like he's definitely a plot twist just waiting to be unraveled.

Dat paradox doe.

I think this one will be interesting as well it's pretty unique to have a good guy be the possible instigator.

Ooh...this is a particularly tough one to answer!  There's just so many amazing plot twists sprinkled throughout the series that I just can't decide on which one to choose! D:

But okay, to me, one of the biggest plot twists was when Xemnas revealed that Nobodies could actually grow hearts!  Which meant that everything Roxas, Axel and Xion had gone through in Days had been real, because by then, they had already developed hearts, and so they could feel pain just as much as a regular person! The fact that Nobodies could grow hearts blew me away, because this meant Xemnas had been playing all the Organization members for fools! (Except for Braig, since he was in on all that, so yeah!)  It definitely surprised me! That, and the true purpose of Organization XIII, are top contenders for epic plot twists in the KH series! :3

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Not much of a 'twist' since a lot of people predicted it, but the whole notion that Nobodies can grow hearts finally confirmed what a lot of fans figured, even if most of them were probably yaoi fanfic writers wanting an excuse to ship the Organization minus Larxene and Xion (because eww girl cooties). It's not my favorite twist because I considered it mind-blowing or anything, but it was relieving. Like, FINALLY we have an answer and the arguments are settled!

Of course, it just started a new argument over whether the 'twist' was a good idea or not, but oh well. Personally I think it makes more sense that they do have hearts...

Of course, it just started a new argument over whether the 'twist' was a good idea or not, but oh well. Personally I think it makes more sense that they do have hearts...

Same here. What makes more sense? They are able to grow hearts or they pretend to have hearts? Yeah, cause Larxene's attitude was something you could pretend. -_-