Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

In KH2 Axel was essentially chasing around Sora, trying to get Roxas back. So I was thinking,

In KH3 when Roxas comes back (It's going to happen), him and Lea will finally be together again. To make the Keyblade War climactic and dark, Lea should die. This will make people take the war very seriously, it is a war after all. To add, Lea should die in Roxas' arms, this will add to the tragic element of Roxas' life and create character development for him. It will also remind the player of how Xion died in Roxas' arms. Heck, Roxas could even start getting flashbacks of Xion's death.

This will isolate Roxas and push him further away from the cheerful side of his former 'other half'.

Roxas could then go off and focus more on himself rather than surrounding himself with other people. He'd become the opposite of Sora in a sense. He could even try to attain Kingdom Hearts from Master Xehanort in order to revive his fallen comrade. 

Edited by Shinobi Palace

I agree that Axel should "die" however, I see him dying differently. I hope Roxas doesn't come back since he basically fused with Sora, but I do hope Sora resonates with Axel again to the point of emotional breakdowns.

That way, when Master Xehanort possess Axel for his thirteenth vessel, which I what I personally believe will happen. When Sora has to "kill" him, he'll be broken because the Roxas in him will have just killed his best friend in some sick twisted justice of setting his heart free of Xehanort's will.

Either that or Saix should kill him

Edited by Heartless Plush

Lea is awesome, why should he be dead? :O One of the most unique KH characters, killing him would'nt be smart.

Lea dying would make the whole point of him being a part of the "Ones That Must Be Saved" completely pointless, especially in how it relates to both Roxas and Xion.

That's so redundant and boring. 

Agree with this word for word 

Seriously KH fans have a serious death fetish.

Bad generalisation^^^

Needless death does not equate a better story, it's just a lazy way to get the point across.

^It's not needless, it builds tension and escalates things.

A character shouldn't die simply to build up another character, they should die to either enhance the narrative or develop their own character. Lea' s death would serve neither purpose, especially in the scenario you're presenting. Not to mention it would be extremely redundant, as well as take away from potential storylines that Lea can be involved in. They are already building towards a Lea vs Isa climax. Roxas doesn't need more tragedy to enhance his character nor to distinguish himself from Sora. He already is as far away from Sora as you could get, something even Sora himself recognizes.

LEA has no purpose after KH3, what's he gonna do after everything? He's had his character development. It's a war, people die in wars... So everyone should just survive a war? How anti climactic. How is it redundant and boring? It's more boring if he doesn't die.

Edited by Shinobi Palace

LEA has no purpose after KH3, what's he gonna do after everything? He's had his character development. It's a war, people die in wars... So everyone should just survive a war? How anti climactic.

We don't know that yet, how big his role will be after KH3. Or if he even gets a role. I still don't want him to die xD

What are all the others gonna do after KH3? We don't know that. That makes no sense as a valid reason. The same logic could apply to lots of the main characters.

We have a good indication, Lea should die to create tension and escalate thngs. Unless people die then the idea of having a war is stupid.

We're not saying people can't die, but it has be done well. Your reasoning for making Lea die wasn't very well thought out. Death can still be cheap if its done for the sake of doing it.

Besides, as stated before, death really isn't a major factor in the storyline anyway, the universe just operates on a whole different structure of metaphysical planes. Even the closest things that we can perceive as "death" in the games is mostly a metaphor for losing one's self or something or other.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

People die in wars yes, but people also survive in wars as well. Three quarters of the cast don't really serve a purpose after the KHIII, should all of them die. Hell by your logic they should kill off Riku in the first seconds of the game he's had more development than anyone in the series. It just serves no purpose to senselessly kill characters for the hell of it. It's just bad writing.

I think Riku should die too lol, but not in the first few seconds. It's not senseless........................................... I explained why, you clearly read the title and jumped to conclusions.

I think Riku should die too lol, but not in the first few seconds. It's not senseless........................................... I explained why, you clearly read the title and jumped to conclusions.

I obviously read the post and addressed why it's senseless in my other posts, I stand by what I said it's just bad writing. Edited by Robbie the Wise

We have a good indication, Lea should die to create tension and escalate thngs. Unless people die then the idea of having a war is stupid.

Actually you have no such indication of what happens after KH3. Wanting people to die just for the sake of dying is stupid.

I never said he should die for the sake of dying omg... I gave REASONS.

That's basically what you are saying though. ***people die in wars so someone HAS to die or it sucks***  So he has to die bc you feel someone has to die lol Same thing. About a character who already died = REDUNDANT 

I never said he should die for the sake of dying omg... I gave REASONS.

In KH2 Axel was essentially chasing around Sora, trying to get Roxas back. So I was thinking,

In KH3 when Roxas comes back (It's going to happen), him and Lea will finally be together again. To make the Keyblade War climactic and dark, Lea should die. This will make people take the war very seriously, it is a war after all. To add, Lea should die in Roxas' arms, this will add to the tragic element of Roxas' life and create character development for him. It will also remind the player of how Xion died in Roxas' arms. Heck, Roxas could even start getting flashbacks of Xion's death.

This will isolate Roxas and push him further away from the cheerful side of his former 'other half'.

Roxas could then go off and focus more on himself rather than surrounding himself with other people. He'd become the opposite of Sora in a sense. He could even try to attain Kingdom Hearts from Master Xehanort in order to revive his fallen comrade.

All the reasons you listed are senseless. Death for the sake of darker tone story is unnecessary. There is plenty of well written ways to create a dark tone within the narrative, without the needless killing of your roster of characters. Again Roxas does not need Lea's death to distinguish himself from Sora nor does it really enhance his character in any way that's truly meaningful.

An example of the death that actually make sense and is done in well written way: Kill off Terra. Why? Because it furthers and enhances the narrative, while completing Terra's personal character arc. Master Xehanort has been using Terra's body to cause every problem in the series thus far. How does Xehanort get stopped? By having Terra sacrifice himself to destroy Xehanort. Terra completes his character arc by making amends for his past mistakes, and saves his friends as he always wanted to do. It makes sense, it doesn't digress the plot, it completes the story arc of the character, and it brings a meaningful resolution that has actual build up to back it up.

Edited by Robbie the Wise

So you're saying if there's one thing Roxas needs, it's MORE angst.

I'm inclined to disagree. If there's one thing we need more of, it's characters getting over it.

Anymore angst and we'll have another Riku on our hands...

That's so redundant and boring. 

Agree with this word for word 

Lea dying would make the whole point of him being a part of the "Ones That Must Be Saved" completely pointless, especially in how it relates to both Roxas and Xion.

Would like but quota lol, I'll come back tomorrow.

Edited by Robbie the Wise

This does me thinking. If Roxas comes back and Lea might probably die.

He will say then this: "Goodbye Roxas, See you again. I'm glad I got to meet you."

You know since it is Lea and not Axel will this trip be his first time meeting Roxas.