Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Seyin95

The importance of memories and illusions in 0.2

Before I dive into this thread: I'd like to apologise for being absent for so long ( university etc). Anyway now back to the topic. Today I'd like to discuss memories and illusions in 0.2 and express what I feel the connections will be to the plot and gameplay.

I predicted on the day of trailer as well as others did that Terra was a mere illusion and wasn't real. Now I feel that 0.2 will centre around this completely and will lead to certain revelations.

For some reason; I have a ' layers of fear' feeling for this game. Where the deeper we go ( the more worlds we visit) the clearer the picture will be to us; however the character Aqua will dive deeper into despair ( I hope the pun was appreciated).

If this is the case; Castle of Dreams will end with Aqua moving on from the Terra illusion to what I feel strongly will be the Enchanted Dominion. I have a feeling here; we'll see Aqua see Ventus similiar to how she saw him in BBS. He'll fade away; Aqua will become more and more disillusioned and we'll see the effects of being in the RoD.

I'd also have Aqua visit Destiny Islands ( before Sora saves the world) and have her explore the islands in darkness and then have her hear Sora and Riku in child form ( as she remembers them) before seeing them fade away too.

By this stage Aqua will be close to being mad; with the memories not being safe and her seeing events differently. This is where I'd have her run into Mickey; where we see her thinking he is an illusion and despite Mickey's attempts to save her see her run away.

I'd then end the game; with Aqua preparing to wander another world; when all of a sudden she spots a figure in an organization coat walking deeper into that world and have the player know it's a real person; but have Aqua remain convinced she is only seeing Illusions and dismissing the hidden identity.

End the cutscenes with Mickey saying she needs to be found and that before Aqua left him she was convinced the secret to rescuing her friends was somewhere to be discovered.

Whilst slightly dark; I'd have no issues with 0.2 following this pattern and it would be unique in the series and would prepare us for a more dark KH3

Before I dive into this thread: I'd like to apologise for being absent for so long ( university etc). Anyway now back to the topic. Today I'd like to discuss memories and illusions in 0.2 and express what I feel the connections will be to the plot and gameplay.I predicted on the day of trailer as well as others did that Terra was a mere illusion and wasn't real. Now I feel that 0.2 will centre around this completely and will lead to certain revelations.For some reason; I have a ' layers of fear' feeling for this game. Where the deeper we go ( the more worlds we visit) the clearer the picture will be to us; however the character Aqua will dive deeper into despair ( I hope the pun was appreciated).If this is the case; Castle of Dreams will end with Aqua moving on from the Terra illusion to what I feel strongly will be the Enchanted Dominion. I have a feeling here; we'll see Aqua see Ventus similiar to how she saw him in BBS. He'll fade away; Aqua will become more and more disillusioned and we'll see the effects of being in the RoD.I'd also have Aqua visit Destiny Islands ( before Sora saves the world) and have her explore the islands in darkness and then have her hear Sora and Riku in child form ( as she remembers them) before seeing them fade away too.By this stage Aqua will be close to being mad; with the memories not being safe and her seeing events differently. This is where I'd have her run into Mickey; where we see her thinking he is an illusion and despite Mickey's attempts to save her see her run away.I'd then end the game; with Aqua preparing to wander another world; when all of a sudden she spots a figure in an organization coat walking deeper into that world and have the player know it's a real person; but have Aqua remain convinced she is only seeing Illusions and dismissing the hidden identity.End the cutscenes with Mickey saying she needs to be found and that before Aqua left him she was convinced the secret to rescuing her friends was somewhere to be discovered.Whilst slightly dark; I'd have no issues with 0.2 following this pattern and it would be unique in the series and would prepare us for a more dark KH3

That sounds really good :D

Honestly, I agree with you on this!  This does seem to be what 0.2 is moving towards!  One has to wonder how Aqua could have been able to stay sane during her time in the Realm Of Darkness, but odds are she went insane but was able to regain herself at some point, since in Blank Points, she doesn't seem too rattled up, ya know? But yeah, all the memories and illusions will serve as trials for Aqua, and she'll probably be disheartened with the fact that her mind is playing tricks on her, ya know? No matter how you put it, Aqua is literally in a dark situation, and there's no sunshine and rainbows in the Realm Of Darkness!  But yeah, I'm expecting 0.2 to be as dark as Birth By Sleep! :3

Edited by The Transcendent Key