Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

After the identity of the 6th Apprentice being revealed, I decided to see what his name meant, this is the result that I got for typing the name Rushu.

"The king of all Shushus. A fiery demon, he is in another world, one that has mostly been destroyed down to rock and ash. He is looking for a way to enter the world of light and life so that he and his demons can keep destroying things."

What's everybody's thoughts on this? do you think that this meaning will influence said character?
Edited by Guest

After the identity of the Master of Master's being revealed, I decided to see what his name meant, this is the result that I got for typing the name Rushu.

"The king of all Shushus. A fiery demon, he is in another world, one that has mostly been destroyed down to rock and ash. He is looking for a way to enter the world of light and life so that he and his demons can keep destroying things."

What's everybody's thoughts on this? do you think that this meaning will influence said character?

In today's KHX update.

I didn't know he had a name xD

So he's probably not Xigbar or Sora like everyone is saying. Hopefully, the new name implies he's an ORIGINAL character and not another xehanort clone or Sora clone. WOOP, a NEW character, hopefully he has an original look as well. If I see another Xehanort clone or another Sora clone I'm going to cry.

After the identity of the Master of Master's being revealed, I decided to see what his name meant, this is the result that I got for typing the name Rushu. "The king of all Shushus. A fiery demon, he is in another world, one that has mostly been destroyed down to rock and ash. He is looking for a way to enter the world of light and life so that he and his demons can keep destroying things." What's everybody's thoughts on this? do you think that this meaning will influence said character?

For me personally it's very ambiguous. At a quick glimpse I'd associate the destroyed world to that similiar to the Keyblade Graveyard and the demons to be the common foes such as the heartless etc. However I feel that's too obvious; the king of all Shushus suggests this dude is the main antagonist and maybe Xehanort is merely a demon? I have a feeling; this isn't as clear cut as one imagines, and actually this could be a decent way of expanding the series. Have various ' Demons' attempt to destroy the light. Maybe Xehanort is the first of a multitude before we take on this dude? Also what If he isn't from the Kingdom Hearts universe? Going a bit Yuuzhan Vong here ( alien invaders from another galaxy in the old Star Wars canon), but what if he originates from outside the known universe and is merely trying to destroy and move on? It would be certainly Interesting and would be an achievement in making the series more complex haha

After the identity of the Master of Master's being revealed, I decided to see what his name meant, this is the result that I got for typing the name Rushu.

When was his name revealed?

I didn't know he had a name xD

So he's probably not Xigbar or Sora like everyone is saying. Hopefully, the new name implies he's an ORIGINAL character and not another xehanort clone or Sora clone. WOOP, a NEW character, hopefully he has an original look as well. If I see another Xehanort clone or another Sora clone I'm going to cry.

It's supposed to be evocative of lux (Latin "light") and luxuria (Latin "lust").

For me personally it's very ambiguous. At a quick glimpse I'd associate the destroyed world to that similiar to the Keyblade Graveyard and the demons to be the common foes such as the heartless etc. However I feel that's too obvious; the king of all Shushus suggests this dude is the main antagonist and maybe Xehanort is merely a demon?I have a feeling; this isn't as clear cut as one imagines, and actually this could be a decent way of expanding the series. Have various ' Demons' attempt to destroy the light. Maybe Xehanort is the first of a multitude before we take on this dude?Also what If he isn't from the Kingdom Hearts universe? Going a bit Yuuzhan Vong here ( alien invaders from another galaxy in the old Star Wars canon), but what if he originates from outside the known universe and is merely trying to destroy and move on? It would be certainly Interesting and would be an achievement in making the series more complex haha

Actually guys, that's not the MoM, it's the 6th apprentice, Master Gula states this.

Actually guys, that's not the MoM, it's the 6th apprentice, Master Gula states this.

We all had to rely on improvised translations at the time of conceiving this topic... anyway, It's interesting how the 6th Forteller and Master of Master are in cahoots with each-other.

Hmm, a fiery demon, eh?  Well, for the whole foreboding Keyblade War looming, and the end of the Foretellers in sight, that description accurately describes the 6th Apprentice/Master Of Masters!  And if this is the case, then damn, things just took a much more sinister turn!  I can't wait to experience this part of the story in Unchained X! :D

Actually

I don't remember who brought it up, but someone on this forum stated that the foreteller names were based off the 7 cardinal or deadly sins.

• Lust or "Luxuria"
  • Gluttony or "Gula"
  • Greed or "Avarita"
  • Sloth or "Acedia"
  • Wrath or "Ira"
  • Envy or "Invidia"
  • Pride or "Superbia"

Pride was considered the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins: the source of the others- thus it is able to father directly and/or indirectly all sin. (Source from Wikipedia)

It then stands to reason that the Master of Masters would be worst amongst the seven as his name would be associated with "Hubris" or "Superbia"

Actually

I don't remember who brought it up, but someone on this forum stated that the foreteller names were based off the 7 cardinal or deadly sins.

• Lust or "Luxuria"
  • Gluttony or "Gula"
  • Greed or "Avarita"
  • Sloth or "Acedia"
  • Wrath or "Ira"
  • Envy or "Invidia"
  • Pride or "Superbia"

Pride was considered the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins: the source of the others- thus it is able to father directly and/or indirectly all sin. (Source from Wikipedia)

It then stands to reason that the Master of Masters would be worst amongst the seven as his name would be associated with "Hubris" or "Superbia"

I'm glad that you brought this back up again, though an interesting thing to note is that, Master Aced demonstrates lust for the most powerful members for his Union whilst Luxu demonstrates Sloth by just "watching" events unfold. It's a neat little detail to observe.