Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

KHUX [UPDATED][SPOILERS] New Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] story update for Daybreak Town

ルシュ in kana. Whatever it's supposed to be translated as, it's clearly evocative of "lux" (light) and "luxuria" (lust).

...but I'm personally just going to continue calling him not-Braig :^)

EDIT: I just got a response on reddit speculating that it might actually be the yet-unseen sixth apprentice's name, not the MoM's...okay, we're gonna need some context (+ translation) for the scene.

Edited by Ultima Spark

On July 7, 2016, Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] underwent maintenance in-game. With the maintenance, a new story update was released in Daybreak Town concerning the Foretellers and the Master of Masters. The story advances and the plot continues to thicken as secrets are revealed and scenes unravel. 

Additionally, with the maintenance in-game, new features are brought back to celebrate the game's 3rd anniversary. This includes the Crystals of Light, where you must defeat enemies in order to obtain Crystals of Light, this goes on from July 7th to August 4th. Furthermore, the in-game 'Hall of Fame' has returned where the top 5 players get a signed postcard by Tetsuya Nomura, director of the Kingdom Hearts series. The Hall of Fame rankings go from July 16, 2015 to July 7, 2016. 

As we gather translations for the new story update, you can check out images from the story update courtesy of KHInsider

What do you think of the new story update? Are you excited? Tensed? Let us know in the comments below!

This post has been promoted to an article

Oooh, I get it now.

This guy, is pretending to be the MoM... Ava however sees through his eyes, and sees that he's actually not, but instead, one of the lost Foretellers, the 6th Apprentice, Rushu, the 'traitor'...

post-44539-0-05726500-1467895203_thumb.jpg

Holy crap, that's why he acts so 'know it all' in the 2.8 trailer, and flexing his arms and stuff... then he has nicknames for each of them, like if he's the only one in that group that sticks out and treats everything like it's some sort of game... stands out...

Ira = Terra

Gula = Ventus

Invi = Aqua

Aced = Lea??

Ava = Kairi

Ephemer = Sora

Rushu = ... Riku?!

So... Nomura kind of lied to us... "You're saying he was WRONG?!"

But seriously, now we need to know who the REAL MoM is, where he is, and what he looks like...

Edited by Moochieh32

Oooh, I get it now.This guy, is pretending to be the MoM... Ava however sees through his eyes, and sees that he's actually not, but instead, one of the lost Foretellers, the 6th Apprentice, Rushu, the 'traitor'... 

Are you just assuming the guy in the black coat isn't the Master of Masters based on the Keyblade he has or for other reasons? I mean it would make scenes for him to have this keylade because from the secret movie that was added in Re:coded cinematic young Xehanort says that Master Xehanort's Keyblade is the most ancient of them so it would make scenes for the Master of Masters (who seems to be the first ever Keyblade wielder) to have that Keyblade. Unless something is said during the scene with Ava and him that would point out that he isn't then I would still say he is the Master of Masters, even Nomura said he was the Master of Masters, which could be a misdirection but why would he do that?

"In numerology the life path number for Rushu is 6. This figure was calculated using numerology and has it's own specific meaning."

http://www.namekun.com/name-meaning-of/rushuCoincidence? Who knows xD

Trying too hard. Most likely "Luxu" or similar, since the foretellers' names are truncated forms of their respective sins.

THIS PICTURE 7 lights (+ others) vs 13 darknesses This is clearly a KH3 scene. Stop teasing us Square. Posted Image  This picture is also interesting: Posted Image Posted Image He saw Kingdom Hearts in a dream and the first thing he says after he woke up is "Ephemera"? Ephemera must be connected to Kingdom Hearts or something, he may even be the X-Blade in person (Ephemera = "things that are important or useful for only a short time")[/size]

There are indeed 7 lights and others on the right side and after recounting how many there were on that side, there are two additional ones making it a total of 9!

I'm counting nine on the right side.

For people puzzled as to whether this is a retcon of 7 vs. 13, I don't think it is. With the 7 Guardians of Lights, Donald and Goofy are associated with Mickey and Sora so they'd obviously jump along with the action!

There are indeed 7 lights and others on the right side and after recounting how many there were on that side, there are two additional ones making it a total of 9!

The nine people on the right side must be Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku, Mickey, Ven, Aqua, Roxas and Lea.

I assume this won't make the 7 guardians of light complete and during the battle something unexpected will happen, but we are just one step away from the truth.

Edited by Komali

For the 100th time.

HE HAS XEHANORT'S BLADE BECAUSE he's Xehanort's master, that's why YX was talking about the keyblade being a will passed down and how it's ancient. This is the only logical explanation.

Why does that mean he's Xehanort's master? I mean, you said it yourself, it's a will that's passed down, and it's ancient. There's plenty of generations between him and this guy, AND considering the keyblade was on the wall in the LoD, I find it unlikely it was being used recently.

Why does that mean he's Xehanort's master? I mean, you said it yourself, it's a will that's passed down, and it's ancient. There's plenty of generations between him and this guy, AND considering the keyblade was on the wall in the LoD, I find it unlikely it was being used recently.

Because it was on the wall in the room in the LOD. He must have passed his will down to Xehanort, what other conclusion can you come up with?

Ahhhh my suspicions were correct! The Masters of Masters is the 6th apprentice or so it looks like.

If I may just point this out it does parallel Master Xehanort becoming Xemnas. One apprentice out of six to betray them all who would ultimately become the leader... Granted this is just based off of what I have read so far and may not be entirely accurate.

I'll maybe drag my half japanese ass to translate these scripts later if I'm not too lazy. 

Edited by Shimmy

THIS PICTURE

7 lights (+ others) vs 13 darknesses

This is clearly a KH3 scene. Stop teasing us Square.

Posted Image

This picture is also interesting:

Posted Image

Posted Image

He saw Kingdom Hearts in a dream and the first thing he says after he woke up is "Ephemera"?

Ephemera must be connected to Kingdom Hearts or something, he may even be the X-Blade in person (Ephemera = "things that are important or useful for only a short time")

where can i find videos of the scene of keyblade graveyard?

Lux - Luxuria - Luxord... You think this might be something to do with it? He was kinda saved for the important members in KHII along with Xigbar and Saïx on TWTNW. Though he never actually seemed to have importance enough to be there in the first place but now... I mean even the whole KHX experience is surrounding about cards, which Luxord preferred as his weapon. And the "GAME" attitude of this cloaked figure could very much relate to that of the gambling nature of Luxord. You think I might be onto something here?

Anyway as far as the pictures show I do think this guy is impersonating the real MoM. I mean come on... Nomura would´ve never gave up such an answer that easily without having a card under his sleeve... Just because he said THIS GUY is the Master of the Foretellers doesn´t make him the MoM! He could be meaning that everything the Foretellers think they know is because of their "master´s teachings" which Aced mentioned they had to defy to protect the world. They are being manipulated I AM CALLING IT! Nomura damn you! You have us all damn confused! :P 

Because it was on the wall in the room in the LOD. He must have passed his will down to Xehanort, what other conclusion can you come up with?

But that doesn't mean it's specifically Xehanort's master. Like I said, that was probably passed down through the generations. It'd be pretty stupid if it was Xehanort's master. If that were the case, then he could just possess Xehanort to keep on living (which, let's face it, is an idea that no one wants).

Well let's see what new fuel can be added to my theor-

*sees picture of figure with Xehanort's Keyblade*

Well f*** all this work then!

*flips over table of hard-thought theories*

But geeeeeeeeeeeez, this is really making you remember just how close September really is, isn't it? Why is summer vacation always so fleeting?