Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Kaneki Flesheater

I am officially making a video game! (Demo almost ready)

Hey Vodka! I didn't even realize it was you! Get your name changed xD

Anyways, same as catmaster, tell us a bit more about the game man, I knew you were making one, but you should fill us in about what's about or at least what kind of game it'll be.

It's been a while since I've replied to this topic but don't worry, I'm still going to give you guys loads of updates! :D

The game is a turn based RPG (But don't worry if you hate turn based games because it's still packed full of interesting puzzles and story!) based around a few young students well-versed in the arts of magic. Their job as magic users is to protect the people of Earth, a job that's both as difficult as it can be frustrating.

The people of Earth don't appreciate magic, as they believe it will cause them harm. But of course, this is to be expected from normal humans. Sometimes, magic can make you extremely sick, giving you only a short time to live.

This is why the magic users put their magic to good usage within several magic colleges. They want to make a difference before they die. Of course, other magic users who aren't as unfortunate want to help because they want to train themselves.

It's a pretty simple system, but a pretty interesting one too!

(If there is any more people would like to know, feel free to ask! I can answer almost anything. ^-^)

I'm also still seeking a digital artist! So if anyone's interested, please message me!

Thanks for the comments! Erin is an amazing artist, and each piece she does is better than the last! :)

Development is going very smoothly and I can't wait to release the demo for you guys! If you can find me a digital artist who would help for free that'd be super helpful! That's all I need before I release the full version of the game to be honest. :P

Daaaaang, Erin is an insanely awesome artist!  And I'm loving the logo of the game!!!  Man, this gets me all pumped up!  LET GAME INFORMER KNOW OF THIS GAME! They're always promoting indie games, so I'm sure they'd promote yours in a heartbeat!  Man, I can't wait to see this game in action! :D

I sure hope so!

The team is working extra hard every single day to make this the best game we possibly can! The Digital team has even started redoing the title screen. (Here's a sneak preview)

Of course, this won't be the final version. The final version will look so much nicer, with menu options and other things. I'll make sure to keep you all updated!

r1ldzm.png

EDIT: It looks gorgeous now ;)

2qvsiro.png

EDIT: Added Title Screen Options and Logo

280s0nr.png

Edited by Kaneki Flesheater

Thank you so much! I can't wait to release the demo!

The whole team is excited for completion and we're so close to finally finishing it! I apologise that the game keeps getting pushed back, but this is because I keep finding new, amazing and talented people willing to help, and it adds a whole new depth and development difficulty to the game. It's MUCH better than it was originally supposed to be!

The game will now have its own fully illustrated cutscenes, as well as really nicely made music! The story has even been improved so much more than it was.

Keep checking back, I'll keep posting updates as soon as something new happens! :)

Thank you so much! I can't wait to release the demo!

The whole team is excited for completion and we're so close to finally finishing it! I apologise that the game keeps getting pushed back, but this is because I keep finding new, amazing and talented people willing to help, and it adds a whole new depth and development difficulty to the game. It's MUCH better than it was originally supposed to be!

The game will now have its own fully illustrated cutscenes, as well as really nicely made music! The story has even been improved so much more than it was.

Keep checking back, I'll keep posting updates as soon as something new happens! :)

Oh wow, that sounds exciting!  Seriously man, it sounds like you've got the makings for your own gaming studio!  I'm pretty sure that after you release your game, you may find that you may want to keep working on projects and keep all the people who've been helping you as your partners, ya know?  Wow, I'm so happy things have gotten better for your game!  I can't wait to see the end product! :D

Good for you man, I'm glad you're living the dream!  My kudos goes to everyone on your team as well! 

Now then, an important question...WILL THERE BE A TRAILER FOR THE GAME!? O.o

There will be a trailer.  :)

Also thanks a bunch for the kind comments!  :D

BRAND NEW EDIT!

After a VERY long wait, we have more news! The series will be doing a manga in the future (Hopefully!) and we should have a brand new artist (Or more, perhaps!) joining the team and helping out with the game. For now, I've got some amazing news prepared to show you.

I call it the Book of Magic! Not sure where this part of the project is going, but it will add a whole bunch of lore to the series, and should be an interesting read once it's finished!

post-60505-0-72222500-1478155928_thumb.png

post-60505-0-83638800-1478155926_thumb.png

Again, I'm very excited to announce all this new news, and hope you can all forgive me for the long wait! The demo is currently taking a while due to the lack of a digital artist so it still may be a while! Keep your hopes up!

A trailer should also be available soon, once enough gameplay has been added to the demo!

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer!

Thanks once again,

Vodka~

Edited by Kaneki Flesheater

Well human, I've been observing this here game that Transcendent's been telling me about, and it seems you've worked really hard with it alongside your team! I know all about hard work!  Believe me, I didn't become a Dream Demon of the Nightmare Realm in a day! I had to work hard to achieve that kind of transcendence! :P

But anyways, point being, you've impressed me with all the work you've shown, human! Transcendent here says that he's excited to see this project meet success! I can also see it's got potential! Great job on it, kiddo! :D

Hey all, thanks a bunch for all the support you've given us over these past few months.

Unfortunately, I'm going to be the bearer of bad news and tell you something really depressing.

I don't think releasing a demo in the game's current state would be a good idea. I really want to make something amazing, and to do this I need to wait until development is almost finished. This will take a very long time, but please look forward to what we have in store for you. We have been working very hard to create new plot points, new characters and much, much more. The game itself has changed a whole lot since the last time we spoke, but the main story and the team's goals remain the same.

You've all been wonderful supporters and I'd hate to post this without giving you something brand new to get excited over, so without further ado, please welcome two of our newest characters:

Angel and Muffin!

post-60505-0-97824200-1482360232_thumb.png

I think it's more important that you keep working hard on the project rather than stress to release a demo and what not. So I highly support your decision. 

So many devs seem to do the opposite and things end up messy, or publishers just push games out when they aren't fully ready. I'm glad that you're at least doing what's good for yourselves, the project, and the fans. That's all that really matters.

Hey all, thanks a bunch for all the support you've given us over these past few months.

Unfortunately, I'm going to be the bearer of bad news and tell you something really depressing.

I don't think releasing a demo in the game's current state would be a good idea. I really want to make something amazing, and to do this I need to wait until development is almost finished. This will take a very long time, but please look forward to what we have in store for you. We have been working very hard to create new plot points, new characters and much, much more. The game itself has changed a whole lot since the last time we spoke, but the main story and the team's goals remain the same.

You've all been wonderful supporters and I'd hate to post this without giving you something brand new to get excited over, so without further ado, please welcome two of our newest characters:

Angel and Muffin!

attachicon.gifAngelmuffin.png

Ooh, new characters!? That's awesome! Thanks for the update, man! As for your news, thanks for letting us know about the game's state of development! And seriously, take all the time you need! If you feel the game still doesn't meet up to your expectations, then keep working on it till you're satisfied with the end results, ya know? A rushed game often ends up bad, so take your time and layer out every detail of the game to you and your team's vision! We'll be here to support you! :D

Sorry for keeping you all in the dark for such a long time, but we've been super busy and have a bunch of new artwork! Most of it, I can't share, but here's a piece I think you'll all LOVE! It's a promotional piece showing the Council of Gods interacting with each other!

The Council of Gods serve as antagonists for a large portion of the game~

post-60505-0-78546800-1489273900_thumb.png

Sorry for keeping you all in the dark for such a long time, but we've been super busy and have a bunch of new artwork! Most of it, I can't share, but here's a piece I think you'll all LOVE! It's a promotional piece showing the Council of Gods interacting with each other!

The Council of Gods serve as antagonists for a large portion of the game~

attachicon.gifScreenshot_8.png

Words cannot even begin to describe how badass this looks! Wow, the Council Of Gods does look like quite the colorful cast of villains, and each one seems like they'll be quite unique! I love their uniform, it's so classy and villain-esque! Great job!

Wow man, this is amazing! I'm really happy you guys are still going at it with this awesome game, I hope you keep pushing forward and make this game an epic masterpiece! I look forward to new developments! :D