Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

The list pretty much applies to Men and Women, it sounds more like you're just giving a shout out to people who are like that rather then a certain gender. 

Yeah same here. I mean, it's good to give a shout out to stuff like that, but it's not like this applies to all females. Just like there are both kindhearted and self-centered men and boys or both adventurous and non-adventurous men and boys, the same can apply to women and girls as well. As much as I feel that positive reinforcement can be a good and needed thing sometimes, I often worry about some messages getting caught in the trap of saying just how awesome one gender is over the other that it comes off as if the other gender doesn't have anything similar to offer. On the flip side of that, you could also see it as imposing certain views and expectations of what an ideal woman "should" be, and how anyone who doesn't fall exactly under this model is not "awesome", but that could just be me being cynical.

I guess that what I'm getting at here is that while it's nice to acknowledge that either men or women are awesome, it's probably more important to stress that they are equal in how they are awesome. We shouldn't just be identifying one gender with a particular trait and constantly expect them to live up to that. Men can show just as much "lasting love in a lasting relationship" as women can, it just all depends on the guy or girl and their personality, it's not an inherent trait that any one gender "gets" relationships better. Men can also share just as much concern, and conversely some women can be just as apathetic as other men sometimes. My point is that this should not necessarily be seen as a list of why women specifically are awesome, but rather as a list of characteristics that would make ANYONE, man or women, awesome for having them. Because in a world today where hatred and being angry and resulting to radical extremes is becoming more and more dominating, I think we could do with having just more people acting like civil, caring human beings as opposed to alienating people further.

In short, these are nice things to say, I just feel like they should be applied to and expected of everybody, regardless of gender.

Yeah, I guess you're both right. I mean, I really just wanted to do this to cheer up any women who were struggling in life at the moment by telling them what great things most women (like them) are like. I never said these things can't apply to boys and men, but it's just through my own experiences that led me to make this topic more for women than men. Lately, I've also been kinda thinking of women more than men, so that's another reason. Sorry if it confused or offended anybody. I really never intended this to be a thing that's hating on guys (because why would I hate on myself? xD). :P

Yeah same here. I mean, it's good to give a shout out to stuff like that, but it's not like this applies to all females. Just like there are both kindhearted and self-centered men and boys or both adventurous and non-adventurous men and boys, the same can apply to women and girls as well. As much as I feel that positive reinforcement can be a good and needed thing sometimes, I often worry about some messages getting caught in the trap of saying just how awesome one gender is over the other that it comes off as if the other gender doesn't have anything similar to offer. On the flip side of that, you could also see it as imposing certain views and expectations of what an ideal woman "should" be, and how anyone who doesn't fall exactly under this model is not "awesome", but that could just be me being cynical.

He never said that men aren't awesome, he just said that women are. The problem is, is that we're so used to comparing women to men, that we do it automatically. He wasn't saying that women are more awesome than men. In fact, he didn't really say much about men at all. There is no comparison here. We just do it because that's what we're used to.

He never said that men aren't awesome, he just said that women are. The problem is, is that we're so used to comparing women to men, that we do it automatically. He wasn't saying that women are more awesome than men. In fact, he didn't really say much about men at all. There is no comparison here. We just do it because that's what we're used to.

I know that he wasn't implying that, I was just stating what I thought of when I read this. It just kind of came off as over-emphasis to me, that doesn't mean that's what he was actually going for. It's just my interpretation.

I think this was very kind, and I see where you're going with this, SteVentus.  I am a strong believer that both men and women are equal and that it's predominately one's personality and cultural expectations that shape a person into who they are and what they do.  However, much of society still has the unfortunate stereotype that women are inferior to men, so I can see why you wanted to be supporting and encouraging of them because of it.  I think it is a quite nice gesture, and while I slightly disagree that women have these traits because of their gender I respect your acknowledgement and think both genders are special the way they are. : )

Yeah, I guess you're both right. I mean, I really just wanted to do this to cheer up any women who were struggling in life at the moment by telling them what great things most women (like them) are like. I never said these things can't apply to boys and men, but it's just through my own experiences that led me to make this topic more for women than men. Lately, I've also been kinda thinking of women more than men, so that's another reason. Sorry if it confused or offended anybody. I really never intended this to be a thing that's hating on guys (because why would I hate on myself? xD). :P

I appreciate your intention, since I know you didn't mean any harm. :) Wanting to cheer up people is a nice thing to do. ^^ I was wondering whether or not I should even write a reply since I really don't want you to feel bad. D: People have different opinions, and that's fine.

I dislike stereotypes, and attaching certain traits on a specific gender (or ANY group of people for that matter) can be pretty harmful in my opinion... They don't only make you feel like you should be certain way to be accepted, but they can also distort the way we see people around us, and make us judge people before we even know anything about them. And sometimes those first impressions remain, even though we get to know them better. I've noticed that I do this a lot subconsciously, and it's honestly speaking very frustrating. At times it feels like I'm not really seeing the person who I'm talking to, since I'm assuming things about them that might not even be true. I'm not doing this intentionally, of course, but when you hear stereotypes literally everywhere, spoken like they're the absolute truth, it really does have some impact on your cognition.

Of course, it's pretty natural for people to categorize things so that the world would make more sense to them, so I don't think stereotypes are going anywhere. :D But it'd still be nice if people were trying to look past them, since there's more to people than that (though that's definitely not what you meant anyway, I'm getting off topic :D).

Oh, but it's nice to see the stereotypically more ''feminine'' traits get some appreciation, since they're often treated as inferior to the ''masculine'' ones. :)

Also characterizing them as female traits might make men ashamed if they have those traits as well or uncomfortable that it is looked at as a feminine thing. I just feel like this is something that should be appreciated within people in general, not women :)

All that has been said can and should apply to all Humans of any Gender and Race, yet it is a stretch to believe that all Humans can be like this what with Bigotry still so prevalent, Racism somehow clinging to life, Violence still present when it shouldn't be, you know. That said, it's still a goal that can be achieved, but I won't say it could happen now, soon or even in my lifetime, because that strikes me as being a little...idealistic. Doesn't mean we all shouldn't make an effort to make it happen though. :)

Regarding some of the things said, I am not ashamed to admit I display feminine traits myself. Not really into Chest Pounding, Testosterone Poisoning or the Grunting of Manliness myself, prefer the softer things, I don't even really call myself a "Man". Doesn't fit. :/ That being said, I know some of the things that can make someone truly a man, or in my view, a very respectable and admirable Human Being, such as respecting others or helping out others, sometimes without being asked to, or just being kind, polite yet still being able to remain steadfast and firm when the need calls for it, not bending to the will of the various pricks out there. I also tend to stray away from Hive Mind tendencies, not getting caught up in Fandom Hate Waves, such as LeafyIsHere's Fanbase who, while not all of them do it I might add, false flag videos that Satire Leafy, you know, stuff like that. :P

Girls/Women are indeed very bloody awesome and most are undeserving of the discrimination that can come with it, such as misogyny, lower pay, sexism, objectification etc. And I absolutely see where you're coming from here, especially the "cheering up" aspect of this. Really shows how kindhearted you are. :3 in the end, before I rant/go on anymore of a tangent than I am, I just have to say: Good on you, friend. :)

Besides, we can't all be AHNOLD SCHWAZENEGARR. NAHAAALALLLAL. xD

What you've described is a genuinely nice girl, but unfortunately they're not all like that, same as with guys you get absolute knob heads and then a few silver linings among them all.

Most people in the real world suck so don't let the good ones go.

I've personally found i get on better with girls so i get what you're saying

Edited by EternalReckoning