Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

- Helios & Arthur - /w everyone else - Xeno'jiva Room-

Arthur would hold onto his blade as the creature fell, uttering its final words before the cave of crystals became eerily silent. Helios would witness the creature fall, defeated by the barrage of attacks upon it. Even though it meant that they would move on, and that they had passed the trial, it didn't mean that it felt any better. Especially considering that the creature they had just killed was practically extinct...the hint of sadness was still there, aching in his heart, but he had to continue. He would carefully slither off the creature, slowly transforming back as his hand had long stopped bleeding, the dried blood serving as a patch of some sort against the wound. Arthur would pull his sword out, jumping down onto the floor as he glanced around the room. "Everyone alright?" He asked, his voice echoing as everyone kept up. Helios would walk over to the Xeno'jiva, watching as he passed onto the life beyond this one in the hands of the ancients. He couldn't help but to press his hands against it's head, closing his eyes. "May you join your brethren in the other side. I'm sorry." He whispered, watching the large beast take its final breath. He would only turn when Jynn gave the suggestion, letting go of the beast to explore with the rest. "I'll see what I can find." Helios spoke, smoke covering him as he transformed into a bird, flying off into the air. Arthur would nod, turning as he began to walk around in search of something, anything to move on. He would walk around until he found what seemed to be a cave of the crystals. It was made up of crystals growing up and crossing across each other into the air, more crystals surrounding it as a table of the same material sat in the middle. "Guys, I think I have something here." He called. Helios would reach down, transforming as he landed on the floor. Arthur placed a hand on the table as Helios stepped inside, a hand pressed against the carvings within the crystals. Arthur took a look. "What language is that?" "Draconic." Helios pursed his lips. "Ren spoke it..." He whispered, looking down before looking back up. "Er...Kril sil dar unt ruz miiraad..." He squinted his eyes. He was terrible at this, sadly "I can't read it. But I know that Soren might be able to."

- Rabiyu, Aura and Sifrei - Third Trial: Xeno'jiva fight -

Finally, the dragon was dead. It had taken the conbined might of the group to bring down the beast, but they had managed to succeed. It took a moment, but with Mariel's help, both had managed to get Elia out of danger. Sifrei carefully took the lead and floated slowly into solid ground.

"There you go," he said to Elia, "You are out of danger now. Do you have any injuries that may need healing? I can help you with that."

Sifrei heard the sound of metal near him, the sword that had been created by Alastor before was close to him. Apparently it had served for something after all! He looked at the prince and gave him a slight nod. The moment Aura noticed that the dragon stopped moving she ran towards her white haired friend, being careful not to fall into any of the fissures.

"Eli! Eli, are you alright?" She asked Rabiyu,

"Just peachy. Nothing to worry about. Everything will be just fine in a moment," Rabiyu answered as her hand immediately moved towards the wound on her abdomen, "Lend me your aid. What that creature said worries me. Let's take a look around to see if we can find a lead."

Aura was about to protest but she saw as Rabiyu's hand glowed faintly with a pale white light. She was worried that her friend's injury was dangerous, but if she said that she was alright then she was going to trust her, even if she was really worried for her. Aura put Rabiyu's arm around her neck and helped her move around the chamber, looking for any kind of hint as to what they had to do to move into the next part of their journey. After a moment of finding no leads Aura heard the voice of Arthur and Helios, apparently they had found something. As they moved closer, Rabiyu heard the words of the ancient tongue.

"Nicely done, Helios. With enough practice you could learn the ancient tongue. If you don't mind, let me take a look at it," Rabiyu said to Helios as Aura helped her to get closer to examine the writing, giving Helios a nod as if to say 'good job with the dragon', "Kril sil wo geblaan daar untak, wah bex borii ven, gein kent zahrahmiik sogaal do krinaan sivaas wah palaar."

It took a moment for Rabiyu to actually give meaning to the words, as the ancient tongue was different that the modern one. Words could have different meanings depending on the context, but after a few seconds Rabiyu understood what those words meant.

The words mean 'Brave souls who completed this trial, to open the next path, one must sacrifice the gem of the slain beast to the pedestal.' It is a rough translation, but it's the best I can offer for now." Rabiyu said calmly.

"So...the creature, the dragon has the key to move forwards? What is the "gem" of the slain beast? The beast is made of crystals. Could it be talking about something inside the dragon? Maybe its heart?" Aura said while looking back at the corpse of the dead creature.

- Soren Monroe, The Sentinel Renewed, Human Form - Isopolis, Post-Trial of Might -

Despite Soren's offer of assistance, Xion completely ignored him, presumably out of pride or just a silent refusal, he might never know for sure. Nevertheless, the rest of the group did their parts, a cacophony of incredible power raining down upon the beast thanks to them all, particularly a super-powered Alastor and a...different Henry Hansees...but soon enough, the Xeno'jiva was mortally wounded, collapsing to the ground in defeat; One last taunt escaping its lips before death arrived, leaving the once mighty, cruel crystalline beast, cold and lifeless upon the equally shimmering, translucent ground beneath their feet. A collective sigh of relief was had, Soren's less so yet still he did, thankful that no one had died in this clearly arduous battle.

Henry's development caught Soren's attention during the battle and now, Soren could sense his power had indeed changed. No longer did Henry bear an immense weight upon his shoulders, barely supported by Darkness and the Earth. Now? He too was renewed, more so than Soren, who's powers had not changed, but he knew that Henry held a rekindled purpose, just as he. Soren would be lying if he said he wasn't impressed, proud even, of the Human that was mightier than some Fey, in many ways more than just strength.

"It's good to see you all made it in one piece!" Soren called out, approaching the greater proportion of the group, giving Odin a small smile and nod on the way, though he moved toward Helios, along with Rabiyu and Aura, as they read the words upon the wall aloud in ancient Draconic. Soren folded his arms as he listened.

"The translation is correct enough, Rabiyu. Well done." He spoke, pleased yet subtly so, turning to Aura as she stated her hypothesis. "It would be far too easy indeed to simply break off a crystal from the beast and hope it works...as for inside..." Soren had an idea, sharply looking to their Cyph ally, recalling the potentially useful armblades of the Cyph as he did. "You! Typhon, was it?" He called out, then when his attention was grabbed, he gestured with his head toward the Dragon. "Care to help me out here with the...carving?" Soren offered with a light smile, though his eyebrows were slightly curled downward, suggesting at least a bit of eagerness to perform this task.

(Meksis comes later, I am tired.)

--Alderon, Elia, Everyth, and Athena -- Heading into the Final Trial--

Pale-faced, Elia gratefully accepted the aid of both angels and emerged back on solid ground.  She smiled at each in turn, smoothing down her dress awkwardly.  "Thank you, both," she said.  "I wouldn't have survived if it weren't for you.  I guess it's true what they say about angels!"

Meanwhile, the dragon had fallen victim to the party, leaving taunting words in its wake.  Alderon grunted, a look of satisfaction twisting his features.  He withdrew his claymore and braced it over his left shoulder, frowning ahead at the uncertain path.

"Clear as mud, it would seem," he murmured under his breath, before noticing something aglow within the dragon's remains.  "I think you would be correct, young Aura," he voiced, moving forward and hacking the beast open.  It was a grotesque image, causing Everyth to roll her eyes and distance herself as far as she could from the dissection, though Alderon emerged with the glowing jewel in his hand, its appearance reminiscent to a heart.

"Is this useful?" Alderon asked, moving toward Soren and his fellows.

(I will post the final trial sometime tomorrow, but wanted to give a little bit of time to allow everyone to clear out of the room if they so wished)

- Soren Monroe, The Sentinel Renewed, Human Form - Isopolis, Post-Trial of Might -

As fate would have it, Soren didn't need Typhon's assistance, nor did he even need to act, for they were blessed with a sharp-eyed Human King, who had found the item in question, plucked it from the Xeno'jiva's chest and offered it to Soren for assurance that it was of use. The Sentinel couldn't help but smile as he took hold of the heart-shaped Gem. "Heh. Very much so. Many thanks, your majesty." Soren spoke with a reserved joy, giving Alderon an additional gesture; A simple nod, as he eyed the Gem closely, then his gaze passed over to the pedestal the wall inscription spoke of. "Now, to provide the offering." He uttered while heading toward the table, coming to a stop and placing the Gem upon it gently, folding his arms in waiting.

"Everyone? I ask that we all be prepared for what's coming!" Soren began, looking over his shoulder to the majority still talking and reeling from the battle. "For this was not the final trial, I'm afraid...and what's coming may be the most difficult. For all of us." He spoke clearly, but with an almost solemn tone. In truth, Soren didn't exactly know what was coming, for Isopolis tended to mix things up for every group that has ever pushed through its Trials, but he knew that the final test before the Source of All Life was always the hardest in some form or another. And he knew it'd be too much to hope for an exception as he eyed those present...they had all made it through alive thus far, this was true. But there is always a chance.

And Soren would be there to take whatever is thrown their way. No one would die on his watch. Even if he had to to make it so.

- Meksis, the United, Armour of Twilight - FLASHBACK: Battle Between Brothers -

This was now their chance, Maxis had not yet acted, seemingly still needing to recover from either his attack or his wound, if it had flared up and caused him a moment of agony. Meksis looked to his newfound ally with a sharp glint in his 'eyes'. "Hektor! Keep his attention how you think best! We'll wear him down." He ordered, the Defiled flashing fully from his 'eyes' for a moment as he looked to Maxis and extended his wings, taking flight with a furious burst of speed toward the elevated vessel for the Mad God's spirit; prepared to dodge anything he would throw at him as he approached, feinting an upward slash into a twirl, conjuring many Summoned Swords around himself and within the blink of an eye they were sent around Maxis instead, pointed toward him, but they waited for Meksis's command as Light and Darkness swirled within them visibly.

"Fire!!" He called out and the moment he did, they were already hurtling towards Maxis, who was now also being assaulted with several hard slashes from Meksis, who ended a left-to-right downward slash with a kinetic-force infused Shield Bash and attempted to sneak in a stab into his weakened gut.

The Final Trial: The Gate

Upon leaving the dragon's lair you have entered a space of white, with seemingly no end in any direction, and you are alone.  Before you is a large gate, with engravings in many a foreign tongue.  In Ancient Elvish upon the gate's archway it reads: "To gain is to lose, and to know thyself is the absolute truth."

Before you stands yourself: the perfect mirror image.  Your double smiles at you, taking a step closer.

“Well done,” it says to you.  “You are almost there.  Beyond this door lies that which you seek: the Source of All Life.  Without it we would not be, yet with it we cannot truly live.  If you truly desire what lies ahead you must be willing to pay the toll.”

Your other self extends a hand.  “You must surrender to me what is most dear to you, and you mustn’t lie: we both know what that is.”

​Note to the player: You may choose how you wish to translate this, and give up what you see fit.  You may get creative with what you choose to sacrifice (for instance, desiring to see someone again may mean that you lose your sight).   The only "law" to the sacrifice is that it cannot affect the existence of other characters, unless it is mutually agreed upon by both players. Do not feel discouraged by giving up something, because:

By the end of the RP your sacrifice will be returned to you.

The human king had managed to take a gem inside the body of the fallen dragon and Soren had taken it and put it on top of the pedestal. After what seemed like an eternity they found themselves in a white, endless room. Completely alone. Well, except for another person.

- Rabiyu - The Final Trial: The Gate -

The moment Rabiyu's vision came back she looked around only to find a large gate with engravings in many different languages. Some known to her, while others completely unkonwn.
"To gain is to lose, and to know thyself is the absolute truth." She muttered.
At that moment a mirror image of herself appeared before her. The doppelganger explains that, in order to enter the final door, must surrender what is most dear to her. Also saying that she mustn't lie, as both of them know what it is most important.
"A sacrifice to enter the final gate. That which is most important to us." Rabiyu said, "In which case, I will surrender this."
As she kept her eyes on the double in front of her, Rabiyu took out a worn looking book from inside her cloak, she then gave it to her doppelganger, not without letting to book fully go.
"After all these centuries, what I've come to cherish the most, are the happy memories I have made. I may not leave my forest often, but those times I do get to travel around the floating lands I feel free, I can keep learning, see a purpose, see the beauty of our world," Rabiyu said to her double, "I will gladly give my happiest memories so I can help save the world below the Sea of Clouds."

(Rabs will lose the happy moments in her whole life, leaving her to only remember the bad and slightly bad ones. Not that she would tell that to anyone.)

- Aura - The Final Trial: The Gate -

Young Aura was staring at the person if front of her, a perfect double of her image. Asking to give up that which was most important to her. The question was: Was she capable to give up that?
"Is there no other way to pass?" Aura asked, not getting an answer from her double, "Nothing? Damn it..."
What she could give up in order to pass through the gate? The more she tought about it, the more she came to realize that she already knew what she her to give up.
"The most important thing to me is...being able to remember my mother and my brother, to see their faces every time I close my eyes at night, to remember the days I spend on the farm with both of them," she said as tears appeared in the corner of her eyes, "You can take that from me if it means we can restore our world."

(Aura will be unable to recall the name and faces of both her mother, Aulea, and Aurion. Partial blindness.)

- Sifrei - The Final Trial: The Gate -

One moment Sifrei was offering to help Elia and the next he was in a white room with nothing buth a huge door and a copy of himself. Made him wonder if they had failed the test, but the copy said that the Source was close, he only had to give up the most important thing he had.
"The most important thing to me? That is something hard to give up, me," Sifrei said to his double, "But if there is even the slightest possibility to get the source and use it to help the humans, well, that is something that I'm willing to sacrifice."
Without saying another single word Sifrei grasped the hand of his double, a smile on his face.
"The feelings I have for those around me. My allies, my friends, my family. Take them and let me move forwards"

(Sif will be mute after this. He won't be able to express anything, as he will be without any feelings. He will be able to cast spells or use his abilities, but he will not help willingly, to some extent.)

{Mariel: Isopolis; Final Gate}

With Sifrei's help, Mariel got Elia to safety. She smirked at Elia's comment about Angels.

"Mostly." She replied before turning to the Archangel and giving him a thankful nod.

With the dragon down and others dealing with the gem they were suppose to have, Mariel moved to find the way forward, but ended up in some sort of white space. She whirled around, her hand on her remaining sword. She came to look upon her mirror image, who told her what must be done to proceed.

The idea confused and terrified the Guardian Angel. She had long been taught and been ready to lay down her life for what she protected. But to lose just a part of her, something vital to her core. She had never thought of this kind of sacrifice. And like her reflection had said, they both knew what it was.

Wordlessly, Mariel pulled out her sword Bright Guard, turned it around, and offered it to the reflection. The blade itself was not what she held most dear, but what it represented was her honor and duty as a Guardian Angel. Not the honor and duty given by others, not even the Hosts, but the calling that was bred into her bones. If restoring humanity and the world below meant no longer being a Guardian Angel, so be it.

(Mariel will lose her training and drive to protect others.)

- Helios & Arthur - /w everyone else - The Final Trial: The Gate -

Once again, Helios found himself alone. His surroundings were white, and endless. The only distinguishable feature being that of a gate. He walked towards it, hands carefully feeling upon the inscriptions on the steel. He gasps at the voice behind him, turning as he stared at...himself. It stood there, happily with a smile as if it were a mirror. It asked for what he held most dear of him...his mind began to race along with his heart. "...you mean my necklace right?" Helios asked, his voice a whisper as he held it. The last remainder of his friend. It ached his heart to even think about it, but he would- The copy would shake his head. "No. Close." It spoke. Helios' eyes narrowed. "Aura...I wouldn't ever-" "Not her either." The copy walked closer, before pointing at Helios' chest. "The one thing you hold most dear above everything else in this and other world...the beloved memories of your friends." Helios could feel his blood run cold. "The one thing that has kept you alive. Going and going. The memories that you hold so dear. That is the price you must pay to move onward." The Copy spoke, hands behind its back as it stared at Helios. The Fey grasped at his chest tightly, slowly gritting his teeth. "...there is no other way, is there?" The Copy would shake its head. Helios would remain quiet for a moment before letting out a soft sigh. He looked up, eyes gleaming at the verge of tears. "...Then so be it." "Are you sure about this?" The Copy asked, taking a step forward. Helios wiped away his tears. "I am sure." He said. "These memories...they are my most precious treasures. The memories of all who I hold so dear to my heart...but sacrifices must be made...there is no happily ever after." Helios extended his hand, offering it to the copy. "If my memories are the cost of the chance of saving the countless lives that have been lost...then I will just have to make new ones." He said, a single tear streaming down his face. The Copy smiled softly. "Then so it shall be." He reached out, taking Helios' hand. Helios would close his eyes, picturing their laughter and smiling faces one last time before it all went to white.

(( Helios has sacrificed the memories of Ren, Arianna, and all of their moments. He cannot recall their names, their voices, their faces. ))

(( It is as if they never existed...even though he knows better. ))

Arthur was surprised to find what he did. He touched the gate, only for the voice to startle him. He would turn to greet the Copy with a sword pointed at its neck, though the copy didn't move nor react. It merely stared at him with a smile, which only made it worse. Arthur slowly lowered his sword, staring at the copy of himself. "What I hold most dear?" He asked, narrowing his eyes. What could they possibly take? His home is gone. His kingdom is gone. His family is gone. His world is gone. What more could they take away from him? "You are a knight are you not? A proud knight of your kingdom! Even when it no longer exists!" The Copy would say proudly, walking back and forth, sort of teasing Arthur. The young man would stare at the copy, staring at him. "What are you trying to say?" He asked. The copy would pause, turning to Arthur before pressing a hand against his heart. "You have to give me everything that remains of you. Your pride. Your all." The Copy spoke. Arthur stared at the Copy, his heart sinking. "...me." He finally whispered. "That is correct." The Copy would lean in closer. "You have to give me your humanity." The knight would grit his teeth, but he would take a deep breath. "...this is the only way to get to the Source of All Life?" He asked. "Yes." "...well, not like I'm going to say no." Arthur would smirk at his copy, reaching out and offering his hand. "Then I give you my humanity." He said. The Copy chuckled, reaching out and taking his hand. "Father would be proud." "I know that already." Arthur watched as his skin would soon seem to crack and shatter, the energy from his draining as he closed his eyes. "I'm sorry, Athena." He whispered, feeling the humanity within him disappear. "I hope you don't sacrifice as much as I have."

(( Arthur has sacrificed his humanity. What happens to a human when you take all that they are? ))

- Odin, within the final trial of Isopolis -

As soon as he followed the others into the next room, the world dropped into whiteness, blinding Odin temporarily with its splendor before he could see the outline of a grand gate, its entrance carved and etched with great scrawling in many languages.  While he was very studious and learned in many languages, he could not decipher all of them, but he understood the overlying theme of the writing:  "To gain is to lose, and to know thyself is the absolute truth."  His gaze soon shifted to a figure standing between him and its base, a perfect replica of himself, clad by an all-too-knowledgeable smile on its face.

Going through the ordeal others have had as well, he paused and weighed his options.  This entity, this . . . embodiment, was not meant to be fought if it was to be believed.  If so, he must give something he had found precious to him, and, quite sadly, he knew what it was.  While his thirst for human understanding was profound, as was his ambition, the great abundance of wisdom and knowledge he gained from drinking from the Well of Wisdom was nearer and dearer to his heart.  That is what worried him.  Without his wisdom and knowledge, what would be done for his desires, his ambitions?  He would likely still keep his power, but would he be able to claim his goals if he lost all of that?

He looked down upon the hand of his doppelganger and, very reluctantly, placed his hand on its.

"I bequeath to you my helping from the Well of Wisdom, one I will reclaim it from the great spring once all is said and done, even if I have to sacrifice my other eye to do so."

His mirror's smile only widened as the withdrawal took place, and Odin felt all of his earnings from that spectacular day be plucked, one by one, from his mind until it was gone.  The memory that it existed remained, leaving the deepest craving of knowledge that he felt since nearly two thousand years ago.  A whole ocean filled with books, filled with memories, would not be enough to satiate his lust, and his brow furrowed with rage upon feeling this sensation and seeing the smug expression, his smug expression, upon his copy.

"You took that away slowly purposely, didn't you?" he voiced, molten anger seemingly frothing from his mouth.

"I did, just to see how what you would be like in such a predicament," replied the clone, expression unwavering.  "After all," it continued, coming to Odin's side and dropping its voice into a whisper, "you of all people deserve it."

The clone slipped behind him, and when Odin turned it was gone.  The unlocking of the grand gate snapped him free from his immediate ire, and he continued forward through the snapping stone and creaking metal to head for his destination.  He would get his revenge later, once he reclaimed what was his, and once he claimed the Source.

((Odin has sacrificed his great amassing of gained wisdom and knowledge from the Well of Wisdom, leaving the greatest of voids nothing else can fill.))

- Rufus Contralto, within the final trial of Isopolis -

Rufus observed what lay before him with a bright twinkle in his eye, not exactly understanding what was going on but guessing that it was like the illusionary hall he was in previously.  He looked around for an exit, saw only whiteness, broke down in panic and sobbed uncontrollably for a minute or two, then wiped his cheeks with a fine handkerchief and looked about again.  A gate?  A gate!  Oh, joy, an escape route!  But what is this thing that stands between him and certain escape?  Why, it is none other than himself, and a very serious version of him, too.

"Hello there, and goodbye!" he called out, waving sillily as he tried to step around.  The clone took a step with him, blocking his path, and when he tried doing the same again the same thing happened.  "What gives?  Why are you stopping me?" he voiced incredulously.

After the message and the holding out of a hand, Rufus frowned his deepest frown and pouted.

"So, you want a toll?  What are you, a highwayman, making such a demand?"

He tried once more to go around.  It did not work.

"Oh, come on."

Again to no effect.

"Fine!  You want something?   Let's see if you can take it."

Rufus backed up a few steps and pondered deeply about what it was exactly that he really wanted.  It was a topic he did not fully contemplate over the centuries of his existence, and it puzzled him for a few moments.  The other Rufus waited patiently.

"I have come up with an answer for you," he finally stated, his air full of determination as he stared down the copy in front of him.  "If you weren't me, you wouldn't like it, I think."

"I am you, quintessentially, so I would adore it, I am certain," voiced the clone.

"Are you sure?  Well then, I give you the one thing I can think of that I hold most dear.  My memories of Mouse the Elephant, the pachyderm queen of my heart -- is that enough to slake your lust?!"

"That's your second most dear thing.  I mean your hope of humanity."

"Oh, my mistake.  So that's the first most dear!  Thank goodness, as that would be horrible to live w--DID YOU SAY MY HOPE FOR HUMANITY?!"

" 'Of humanity,' but yes.  All of it, and that means your ability to become human again, too."

"Oh, you're a devil in disguise, that's for certain!" huffed the loud, obnoxious djinni, pacing wildly and twisting his lip in place of a mustache.  He was just that focused.  "You take away my chances of changing things, and in exchange you give me access to the next room?  What a load of horse apples!  I'm not even going to be able to touch this Source of all Strife!"

" 'Life.' "

"Same difference!" exclaimed the mad djinni before throwing his arms up in the air.  "All right, fine!  Take your prize and go, but I walk into that room over there with pride knowing that I did the right thing.  Pride, you hear?!  I'll be helping people out, with or without a reward, and you are a remarkable pig of a fallen to ask me such things."

A hand clasped his own as he shook it, the two landing perfectly in a handshake.  The clone emitted an insanely large grin, patted him on the shoulder, and slipped off into nothingness as Rufus started towards the door without his toll, the massive thing creaking open.

(( Rufus has lost any possibility of becoming human, his hopes dashed upon the rocks.))

Edited by Vaude

Aqua, The Holy Shrine in Isopols: The FINAL test

Aqua followed the group inside only find the room on the other side to be a crystalline craven. A dragon emerged from a crystalline cocoon. It was a rather fierce and yet beautiful creature at the same time. She watched as the dragon began to attack the group. Aqua choose to not to fight, but rather to watch what happened. She could always step in if she was really needed. Eventually, the fight ended and she watched as the dragon was felled by the other members of the group. She closed her eyes once she saw someone walk toward the beast with a weapon in hand, she had heard the others speaking of a gem inside the dead creature. Aqua wasn't found of gore.

As Aqua slightly leaned back as she waited for the deed to be done, however, she found that the wall was gone. She nearly lost her balance but caught herself at the last second. Her eyes fluttered open from shock.  She was in a white room and what she saw before herself was her very own doppelganger. She looked around in confusion. She then saw the words written in elvish on the wall. "To lose is to gain thyself." She very loosely translated as she looked at her mirror image. "We need to brush up on our elvish." The mirror image joked in a very dry manner.

Aqua chuckled at that. "Go ahead and explain the test this time." The mirror Aqua explained it. "To give up what I hold most dear." She eyed her staff know what she would need to give up. "My staff, a family heirloom past down from my grandmother to my mother to me. The last thing I have from my parents." She explained as the other version of her reached out its hand wordlessly. She handed the staff over and watched as the other Aqua dissipated. Behind her was a gate that opened the moment the other Aqua was gone from view.  Aqua walked toward the opened gate.

(Aqua has lost control of her magic, the extent will depend on what I think works best. Due to how much Aqua relies on the staff for her emotional support her emotions will be harder for her to control as well.)

- Soren Monroe, The Sentinel Renewed, Human Form - Isopolis: The Final Trial -

After presenting the Gem as an offering, Soren too would find himself in a seemingly endless white void, a gateway laying ahead of him, Ancient Elvish inscribed upon its archway and...Soren? A perfect double of himself stood before the real Soren, congratulating him on making it this far...and extending his hand, giving Soren the terrible truth of what had to be done:

"You must surrender to me what is most dear to you, and you mustn't lie: We both know what that is."

Soren could only glare at his mirror, shaking his head at Isopolis itself. "You are a cruel mistress indeed...what can you take from a man who has little else?" Soren began, giving his duplicate pause. "I've cared about a great many people, but those who are dear to me...are all gone. Dead, missing, whatever. Queen Shiva. Ren Mordecai. Amon Monroe." He solemnly spoke, gesturing around the area and to himself where appropriate. "I've even lost my old honour and dignity, something I am slowly rebuilding...and--" Soren paused suddenly, his hand over his chest when he caught eye of something...slowly reaching into the chest plate's upper opening and fishing out the Sapphire Necklace he and Harrison made; Its engravings still clear as day: Shiva's name in Elvish on one side, Sentinel in Demonic upon the other.

"...and this...this is my reminder. My last vestige of the Queen. The final remnant of my long since lost honour." Soren was overwhelmed by a mixture of emotions; Joy, Grief and anger, his eyes beginning to wet as he reminisced, grieved and reflected all at once, never once taking his eyes off of the brilliantly blue crystal.

The Sentinel then looked slowly up to his double, who listened intently but his hand was still raised, beckoning. "I cannot forget my oath to her. To Raiden. To myself. You can never take that from me..." Soren almost growled in detest of his clone, seemingly about to refuse to sacrifice...until he clutched the necklace firmly and tore it from his neck, the chain still intact, but it had detached with a snap, Soren dangling it over his double's hand. "Take it. My final keepsake from yesteryear, reforged into my guiding blue light. Take her." He finished, dropping it into the other Soren's hand, albeit more hesitantly than his words and behaviour would suggest, his final words were shaken, almost tearful.

Then Soren forced a smirk, its countenance false, yet it let him leave Isopolis's Illusion with one last comment. "Don't break it."

(Though he hasn't sacrificed something within him, this trinket holds significant value to Soren. It is his only remnant of the Queen he so faithfully serves...now it is gone. And to him? Forever it shall be taken.)

Edited by Nero Kunivas

- Typhon - The Cyph - New Trial -

When Xeno fell, Typhon was the most excited person in the room, even as Alderon cut the beast open for the Gem Typhon just approached it eagerly to use it on his evolution. "S'cuse me" Typhon spoke as he used his armblades to cut a hole on the Dragon's corpse's stomach...and crawl into it, activating his evolution process as the others figured out the puzzle for the door. 

They'd hear the tearing of flesh, rending of bones, blood gushing out, every gory detail would be heard, and seen if they dared to look behind them, regardless. By the time they opened the door, Typhon had already evolved, into a form not much different from the one he held now, but with draconic energy outlines and armored "veins" pulsating with purple dragon energy as he walked confidently into.

And before he knew it, which he didn't. He was alone, he couldn't see the environment due to lack of eyes, much less notice the mirror and his body double coming out of it.

"You must surrender what you ho-" Before it finished its sentence Typhon stumbled right onto it, he couldn't feel its presence as it was probably magical, but this caused both Typhons to stagger and stumble to the ground, as his body double would also notice...he couldn't see either, they then spent several minutes trying to find the other, hands outstretched trying to touch the other, when they would, the body double repeated its words as Typhon chuckled.

"And you think I have precious possessions? buddy, i've lost everything I ever cared about, and now I have to tag along with the people whose's race was the downfall of mine, and others who barely know or care about me, trying to save a worthless world that is at war more than at peace with itself and I HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE FACT I'L NEVER BE ABLE TO BRING MY PEOPLE BACK!" Typhon shouted back at his body double. Who remained silent, simply "looking" at his direction.

"You know what?" Typhon spoke, as he held out his hand...and pierced his own torso with it, recoiling and twitching in pain as he pulled his literal, beating heart out, much like a human's heart, but a bit smaller. "There, take it." He held out forward, in the wrong direction to his double, as the double missed grabbing it a few times before finally being able to. "You may pass..." It spoke as it disappeared, as Typhon then began to walk in a random direction, seemingly none the worse for wear...

(Typhon has sacrificed his heart...good thing he has three hearts.)

- Alicia - The Grimoire Wielder - Sacrifice Trial -

Alicia walked into the empty, white space with the mirror, she hesitated, stepping back as her double walked out of the mirror and uttered the ultimate words. stammering her words as she spent several seconds thinking up what she could sacrifice.

"I have so many things I care about...why must you take it from me? Haven't we sacrificed enough?" Alicia asked the clone.

"You cannot proceed without a sacrifice" Alicia's words fell on deaf ears as the clone simply denied her.

Alicia closed her eyes, as he moved her hand to her grimoire, which sat at her waist, a small tear rolling down her eye, the grimoire was all she had to remember her "father", what connected her to her true lineage and blood, he grabbed it within her hands and extended her arms, offering it. Even if her father was now here, and she knew who he was now, she still treasured his childhood gift to her...even if he had abandoned her...she still cared for him somehow.

She quietly walked off afterwards, frustrated and sad. But all the more determined to finish this now, and make things up...with her father.

(Alicia sacrificed her Grimoire, her sole means of learning more about the ancient dragon history and magic, and her only keepsake of her father.)

- Alastor - The Bringer of Storms - 

Alastor's expression did not change as he walked towards the enchanted mirror, nor did he move as his reflection walked out of it, and grinned. As it asked him to sacrifice what he held most dear.

"That is not an easy thing to do..." Alastor spoke, his tone...regretful? "I have sacrificed great many things in my life, my life as a Dragon Hunter...my tribe's honor, my arm..." Alastor monologued before stopping completely, complete silence for a few seconds.

A steady stream of tears began rolling down his eyes, "But my worst mistake was leaving my daughter, leaving her to fend for herself because of my foolishness and irresponsability, And yet now, that i've finally met her...I am proud of what she has become...but I am still ashamed she grew up without someone to look up to...not that I am the best role model." Alastor spoke looking straight at his clone's eyes.

"Take any connections I have with her...those are what I hold most dear." Alastor proposed. As the clone simply walked towards him and brought a hand to his forehead...moments afterwards Alastor would feel as if a piece of his brain was burned, and as his memories began to disappear, he struggled and recovered from the pain as the procedure finished, and the clone and the mirror disappeared. Clutching his head with one of his hands, he walked off to finish this once and for all.

(Alastor sacrifices all of his memories and connection to Alicia, leaving any sort of reconciliating impossible).

- Mikhail - The Witcher - Sacrifice -

"Oh great" Mikhail snarkily replied as his reflection, now turned clone asked him for a sacrifice.

"Why do I always have to bargain with supernatural beings? I never even wanted to be here...but fine." Mikhail spoke as he pulled out his pendant, and handed it to the clone. Which soon disappeared.

"I hate you Thane." Mikhail spoke, as he walked off.

(Mikhail sacrifices his pendant in this rather short section...sorry)

- Henry - The Ultimate Sacrifice - 

Henry soon found himself alone, yet again, this time in a white void, with a mirror, and his reflection walking out of it. Great. But then it asked him to give up something precious.

"What?" Henry stammered as his clone walked out of the mirror, seemingly in shock at the sudden request, hasn't enough been taken from him? hasn't Isopolis tortured him enough? Maybe it was payback for him using it in the mind trial?. Henry's hands turned into fists, as he launched one towards the clone, which easily blocked it. Frustrated Henry stepped back, in anger and disbelief.

"All my life I have been a peon, I have been a tool for war and murder...and when I finally decide to change that, and try to save the world...all that I find is immeasurable pain, sadness, regret, anger and sacrifices." Henry began to speak, frustrated and confused.

"My actions led to the death of my family and friends, those I cared about, I have no more posessions to give away. Not even my minds is reliable as It plays tricks with itself" Henry spoke to his clone, who simply remained silent while staring at him. Causing Henry to slowly, but steadily recompose himself.

"I've made a promise...both to myself and those I care about, that I would sthrive to protect the others and the worlds, to the best of my ability, as long as I lived." Henry began to speak, with full resolve and conviction in his tone. His hands shaking.

"So take my life then..." Henry spoke, proposing complete suicide to his clone. 

"Are you sure this is what you wish to give away?" It spoke back, its tone neutral and merciless.

"Yes." Henry spoke, as he'd feel his life force being sucked out of him, his very soul being drained of life as well, the process was the worst pain he had ever felt, his body twitched and recoiled from the pain as it was all drained, right into his clone's hands, the moment it stopped draining him, Henry quickly let out a sigh...and fell foward onto the ground, staying motionless and lifeless... As the clone and mirror disappeared, Henry remained on the floor, for what seemed like minutes his corpse stood there...But then it moved. His heart began to beat again, his organ returned to work, his brian shot up, sending signals to all parts of his body that he was not dead yet, as he slowly began to get himself up, weakly, weary and woobly, as his aura began to emanate around him, it was what was keeping him alive...the extension of his willpower was what kept him alive now, he used his very energy, his very willpower to power up his body and maintain it functioning. 

"I can't...just die like this...I've come too far to let it end now." Henry spoke, with a flash of crimsom light, a green, pulsating aura appeared around his chest's heart region, signifying it was now what fueled him, his eyes glowing with power as he began to walk foward. "I will only die...after I finish this." Henry spoke, with conviction in his voice. To face the Source.

(Henry, having not had enough sacrifices apparently, sacrifices his OWN LIFE, his very life force. Now being driven and maitained alived by PURE WILLPOWER.)

(This also means his appearance now will permanently be with glowing eyes, and if sensed, one will notice he has no life energy anymore...only Aura keeping him alive). 

- Maxis - The battle of brothers -

Maxis had to admit, unleashing a power of that magnitude was exhausting, albeit momentarily, he needed a few seconds to catch his breath and composure, giving Meksis and Hektor ample time to strike.

Meksis's attack was mostly succesful, the swords hit their mark, but they inflicted minimal damage due to Maxis's madness aura supressing their elements as Meksis attempted to shield bash him, prompting Maxis to simply block and hold him with his hand, as Meksis attempted to sneak a stab at him into his gut, which was also stopped by Maxis grabbing it, his weapon floating behind him, he had Meksis in a hold, as he began to infuse Meksis with Madness, possibly causing immense damage to his armor and spirit, but he was stopped by Hektor, who had teleported right between them, and slashed his throat with his Rapier, causing Maxis to drop Meksis, who was safely grabbed by Hektor as they fell onto the floor of the dimension.

The wound to Maxis was swiftly regenerated, "How dare you!" He spoke, in rage as he created around twenty orbs of pure madness energy, each double his size, all floating in the area behind him, as he sent them towards Meksis and Hektor.

Hektor quickly grabbed Meksis's shoulder and allowed him to go into the dream realm alongside him, avoiding the attack.

"We need to coordinate an attack if we are to damage him and get through his guard. He can win in an endurance match." Hektor commented to Meksis, trying to give his brother ideas on how to proceed.

-Xion, Queen of Lust-

The dragon dead, the wounded healed, and her daughter standing atop The carcass alongside the others...then everything was brilliant white. She stood there as her double seemed to melt into existence.

Well done,” Xion 2 said.  “You are almost there. Beyond this door lies that which you seek: the Source of All Life.  Without it we would not be, yet with it we cannot truly live. If you truly desire what lies ahead you must be willing to pay the toll.”

Xion 2 extends a hand.  “You must surrender to me what is most dear to you, and you mustn’t lie: we both know what that is.”

The Queen stood there for a long while. Unmoving, her bandaged hand gripped in a corrupted fist...then her normal hand went up, and a necklace that somehow had remained unnoticable despite the Succubus Queen's manner of dress, was tugged from. She carefully slipped it off, and she held it out to her double, the beautifully crafted pendant shining with the light of dawn.

Xion was crying.

“An oath to keep with final breath.”

Her double took it with the utmost respect, cradling it. “The Mark of the Eternal Bond. Forged by both Light and Dark for a union frowned upon by even the Angelic Creator, but who saw fit to see how it played. Tangibility to a promise strained by death and despair, yet held most dear. You give the last material thing that She did make with you, your last link to the Queen of Light. Your daughter is most precious, but your heart sings loudest for her. I accept this, but I shall silence your song.”

Xion looked away, tense...and sorrowful. “Zion would never forgive me if I didn't protect Eclaire. She would rather I forget her, forget her love and never hear that silent song once more.”

“You will forget Zion and her Light, o’ Queen mine.”

And so did her double fade into light, leaving Xion to fall to her knees and weep as the memories of her precious Zion were torn away, leaving her heart empty...her love gone...leaving only a sense that losing Eclaire would complete the dark uprising within her heart.

“ZION!” She screamed, so the echo would stay for the briefest time, as the memory of that last, soft smile slipped away into the abyss. Xion hugged herself.

“...who did...who did I birth Eclaire with…?”

((Xion has given up her betrothal necklace and all memories of Zion, her lost wife. She is depressed and only knows she must protect Eclaire.))

-Rhaedyn Thane, He of many Titles but claims only One - Lord of Iron-

Before him stood his double, hand in the head of his axe, other hand extended. His gravelly voice said the same thing, and the last King slammed his arm into the double's in a powerful forearm grab.

”I, Rhaedyn Thane, give my life. My that which is my most precious is thine Kingship; I who slew Midgardsormr, Father Drakon. I, who have done all in the name of Justice, had only himself to lose. One day the Ithurians will return and rebuild. Any King or Queen can lead us to greatness. So I give thine life for the good of many.”

He did not pause. He did not waver. His voice clear and strong, his heart did best with purpose. His double almost imperceptibly nodded to him, and faded...and so did his armor. Geirskogul fell to the wayside, as he lifted up, body engulfed in ice and fire.

”Fufill my final wish, oh Keeper mine. Bring the Queenslayer to justice. Return the worlds to whole. Bring peace, and justice. Ars Nova and Ars Antiqua forever shall bear my touch, Rhea of the Heavensguard.”

Rhaedyn Thane disappeared in a burst of fire and ice, leaving in his place a young girl with blonde hair in twintail, to fall to the floor. She laid still, before slowly sitting up. Looking to the fallen Spear of Rule, the girl began to weep, not just for herself, but for the Last King who gave himself for his people, and those who needed him.

“You selfless fool...you self-righteous bastard!”

-Eclaire de Wynter, Retainer of the Queen-

Her doubled appeared before her. Eclaire's armor could only fade, leaving her in the very traveling clothes she had met Shiva in. The worn red shoulder cape hung limp, as she looked at herself. Same worn cloak. Same worn clothes. That smile. That damn smile she thought lost. But unlike others, the double reached out.

“You know what you must give up.” She said softly. “She is gone. You have yet to let go. You move but not leave, you walk yet not away. You loved her. All those years, all those master's who either sent you away, or died, or you were forced to flee from. Your mind created a white lie, a white lie that everyone would abandon you. Then you met her.

You met a woman who only saw the good. Who saw your strength and asked for it. Who saw a broken girl and knew she could give you the strength to put yourself back together. You fell so deeply in love, like your mothers did.” The double moved right up to her, resting a hand on her cheek.

“Surrender.”

Eclaire was frozen. Hey eyes wide, she could feel the tears welling. She didn't stop them.

“I...I always loved the rain.” She whispered. “I wish...I could have danced with her...under the dark clouds…”

Her double rested her forehead against her. “She doesn't want you to dwell. She wants you to protect her son, her kingdom. She wants you to be happy...no?”

Eclaire let out a choked sound. She nodded. “Take them. Take those precious three seconds...those three seconds...that were the only kiss I ever gave her. The only kiss I ever asked for. Just don't take her.”

The double gently gripped the back of her neck, then her arm went around her. There were no words.

Then she was gone, and Eclaire felt empty. As if a part of her that she clung so hard to finally slipped away. Three seconds was nothing to everyone. A single step, a fee blinks, a deep breath. But to Eclaire...those seconds were everything. The true beginning of a new life, the fall into foolish love...the March to war, and the anguish that still yet lingered. Now she lost those three seconds...lost the feeling of Shiva…and felt the despair and anguish those three seconds had kept at bay flood her body. She felt her blood boil, the Valkyric blood pulsing in tandem with her sorrow, and her Succubus blood boiling in rage.

“Goodbye...Shiva.”

((Eclaire has given up the 3 seconds of Shiva's lifeforce that she took all that time ago. The three seconds that was their only kiss...and the only thing that kept the anguish from consuming her further.))

Jynn Venas-Final Trial

Beyond the door, Jynn finds an empty white room. He is alone, until he turns around and finds a double. It greets him, notifying the prince that the Source of All Life is up ahead. But, it demands a haunting favor. “You must surrender to me what is most dear to you, and you mustn't lie: We both know what that is." Jynn freezes. “Most dear to him”? That could be anything....... or anyone. But the double tries to put less weight on him. “Don’t stress. I’d be biting off more than I can chew if I asked for a sacrifice of life, Jynn. But, if I recall correctly, there is something that gives you the power to communicate with someone you hold dear. She is not with us right now. I know you understand who and what I’m talking about.” Jynn sighs, raising his hand, with the Waking Leviathan materializing. “You’re referring to mother and this, correct?” The double nods. “Indeed.”

Jynn stares at the eye inside the sword. “Mother. I asked a favor from her, I asked her to guide Bherna throughout her trials........” He fell silent. The room was completely quiet. Jynn looks up at the double. “What will happen if I give this up?” The double crosses its arms. “Not much, fortunately. However, you will forget that you asked your mother to perform such a task, and the fact that you can communicate with her. But, on the bright side, perhaps you could lose your memories of your suffering, hate, and vengeance.” Jynn shakes his head. “I’m done running from my pain. It’s actually...... kind of what pushes me forward.” The double sighs, but smiles. “Very bold words. However, I must warn you. Your suffering will be just the way it was before you communicated with your mother; worse. You will fall victim to vengeance more easily than you would now.” Jynn raises the Leviathan to the double. It was clear that he was unfazed by its words. “That a risk I am willing to take.” The double grabs the sword out of the prince’s hand. “Very well. Proceed.”

(Jynn has given up the Leviathan. He will not remember he communicated with Shiva, and his suffering will worsen, back to the way it was before. He will fall more easily to vengeance.)

Bherna Lao-Final Trial

“What I hold most dear?” Bherna takes a moment to think about it. It’s a hard choice to make, but she knew she had to move forward. She raises her head. “My memories with my father.” The double nods. “Correct. You will not remember the good times you spent with him as a child. You will only know your training, growth, and the fact that he is your father.” Bherna nods. “I understand. That doesn’t sound too bad.......... I hope.” The double allows her forward. “Take it as you wish. Proceed.”

(Bherna has given up all her happy memories with Jynn.)

Dawson-Final Trial

“Give up what I hold dear?” Dawson presents his club to the double. “This weapon.......... I suppose.....” The double takes it. “This is more than just a weapon, douchebag. This is a representation of all the hunts you’ve been on with Jynn. You desperately want him to hunt with you again, correct?” Dawson nods. The double allows him to move on. “Proceed.”

(Dawson has given up his weapon along with the memories of the countless hunts he went on with Jynn.)

Earlier that day, Yevgeni Malachite -- The Final Trial

Isopolis, thus far, had proved to be simple.  The riddles, the labyrinth . . . .  Nothing stretched farther than his and Nergal's capabilities, the two even having a bit of time to reflect upon many things and learn more about each other.

The blond elf paused when he found himself engulfed in an endless white, stretching as far as his eye could see.  Before him stood a mirror image of himself, his grin smug and arms crossed over his chest.

"What I hold most dear," he murmured, considering this for a moment.  "That would be my sister, would it not?"

"She is not yours to give," replied Yev's double.  "You have already parted ways with her.  But there are other things.  Think hard!  What is it that you care about?"

This did take Yevgeni much time to muse over, as there were many things of which he cared about but none that he could truly give as tribute.  Eventually understanding did hit him, however, and he removed his ornate robe from over his shoulders, leaving him in a solid white tunic and plain pants.

"Take this," he said, "as a symbol of what I am parting with.  For it is not only my robe that I bestow upon you, but the emotions from which they stem from.  I take great pride in being an accomplished person, and my pride is incredibly important to me.  Strip me of it, so that I may cross this threshold and embrace what matters more."

His double's eyes lit anew as he seized the robe, stepping to the side and granting Yevgeni entrance to the gate.  "Then by all means, proceed.  I do wonder, however: what are you, if not an arrogant, prideful individual?"

Yevgeni shrugged, avoiding meeting his double's gaze as he moved forward into the bleakness of the gate beyond.  "I suppose we will find out, won't we?"

(Yevgeni has lost his pride)

Elia -- The Final Trial

One moment Elia had been surrounded by the two angels, and now she stood alone, with nothing but white surrounding her.

"Hello?  Sifrei?  Mariel?"  She cupped her hands to call out their names, hoping that one of them would answer, but instead she found herself looking at . . . herself, only it couldn't be because she was herself.  The girl frowned.  "What's going on?"

Panic started to flood her, until her double gripped her shoulders firmly, explaining the price of proceeding.  A frown furrowed Elia's brow, as she considered what it was that she held most dear.

"Well, I guess my life is not what is most important, even though it is pretty important to me," she admitted finally.  "I think, what I want most of all, is to help others.  I want to save everyone."

Her double bit her lip and nodded grimly, in agreement for what she must part with.  Elia sighed, reaching in toward her chest and procuring an amber orb.  It hovered in her outstretched palms, before the clone Elia snatched it away and brought it to her chest, to where it dissolved into her.

"Go," her clone barely whispered.  "Save the World Below.  You've done well."

The raven-haired fairy barely nodded as she emerged into the unknown ahead.

(Elia has lost her ability to help others, and can no longer use any form of white magic)

Everyth -- The Final Trial

"Hmm, this looks ominous," Everyth commented, placing her hands on her hips as she eyed some unknown text along the sides of the gate.  "I really had no idea that they fey knew so many languages.  What happens if I can't read it?"

"How about I just fill you in and we can skip all of that?"

Eyes wide, Everyth turned to find her mirror image behind her.  Did she really look that old?  She straightened her spine, arms falling at her sides.  "Who are you supposed to be?"

"I am you, and you are me," said her clone calmly.  "Though what that means is the real mystery.  What are we really, in this massive universe?"

Everyth shrugged and crossed her arms.  "Look, I do not have time to figure out the philosophy of existence and the universe.  What I need is to find my way back to the others.  Can you do that for me?"

Her clone then explained the cost, and what it would mean to proceed.  All the color flooded from Everyth's face; she knew instantly what meant most to her.

"No," she muttered, backing up until her exposed flesh hit the cold of the gate behind her.  "I can't–you mustn't ask me to–"

The clone laughed.  "That didn't take you long to catch on.  And sadly, it is the only way, darling.  It's either that, or you can keep me company here forever.  Take your pick."

The raven-haired sorceress looked like she might cry.  Her clone looked merciless, however, hand outstretched, as if impatiently waiting for the price that she would pay.  Everyth reluctantly took her hand in her own; the clone's skin felt cold and lifeless, with no pulse that she could detect.  In moments Everyth had aged years, until finally she was entirely unrecognizable.  Her clothing sagged on her smaller, sallow form, the exposed flesh wrinkled beyond her years.  Her hand, which held that of her younger clone, was bony with visible veins sticking out.  She reached for her long hair, once so thick, lush, and of a deep ebony, now blanched white.  Deep sobs came from her chest as her throat tightened painfully.

"Go now, you hideous hag," Everyth's clone barked, pointing at the gate.  "See if anyone would want you now."

And Everyth left, without daring to glance back at the clone that once was her.

(Everyth has lost her youth, and now is akin to an 80-year-old woman)

Alderon -- The Final Trial

Alderon glanced around apprehensively.  Nothing was in sight, except for a gate in languages that he could not comprehend, and–

"What are you, a demon?" Alderon demanded, raising his claymore high, prepared to cleave his double in two if it came to it.

His clone raised a hand defensively, trying to instill calm in the human king.  "No, I am you.  It is a troublesome tale, but hear me out if you want to move onward and save our world."

Alderon lowered his weapon slightly, though he still was distrusting of the clone.

"To give up what I hold most dear is to see my daughter, quite simply," Alderon said, voice growing hoarse.  "But I can't–I will not–"

"I will make it easy for you," his clone said, before suddenly slamming his claymore into the ground.  A brilliant light surrounded them, one that was brighter and more intense than any Alderon had ever encountered.  After several moments Alderon expected it to go away, but it did not.

"Will you stop it?!" Alderon roared, swinging his claymore blindly about.

"But I have," was the response from his double.  "You just cannot see it."

Alderon paused mid-swing, realization suddenly sinking in.  "Do you mean to say . . . ?"

"I am afraid so," the double replied grimly.  "You will never see your daughter–or your kingdom–again."

At least it did not cost Athena's life, Alderon thought bitterly, taking a step forward.  This was terrible, just awful.  How could he aid the others in restoring the world now?  He had no magic, and now he could not even fight.  Regardless, he would press onward until his last breath, and thus he did, using his sword as a guide as he moved through the gate.

(Alderon has lost his sight, and will never be able to see his daughter again.)

Athena -- The Final Trial

"That is ridiculous," Athena murmured under her breath.  "I cannot pay such a price!  My world is gone as it is!"

Her clone offered her a look of indifference, one that Athena wondered if she herself gave others when she was annoyed but didn't want to show it.  "But was your world truly what you held most dear?  Is it?"

No, Athena answered inwardly, there is something.  Someone, but–

She looked up and gulped.  "But I cannot give up Arthur!  I just reunited with him, and I love him with all my being–"

"Then you will have to leave your world in its current state," the Athena clone replied sympathetically.  "No one is forcing you.  It is your choice."

Was she truly willing to give up the one she loved, for her world?  After all, her and Arthur could build a home in the Overworld, and her father was here; what more did she want?  And yet, she could not turn back.  Not now, when they had come so far, and everyone had sacrificed so much.  Athena fell to her knees sobbing, before procuring an envelope from her pocket.

"Take it," she whispered.  "It is the letter which Arthur wrote to me, just before he came to the Overworld."

The princess clone nodded, taking the letter and ripping it in half.  "Arthur is now gone from you.  You will never see or speak to him again."

Tears continued to stream down her cheeks but she attempted to keep a brave face.  She strode carefully through the gate to see what was on the other side.

(Athena has lost Arthur, and will be unable to see or communicate with him in any manner, even if he can see her.)

((I wanted to post this first, but the update will come shortly.))

Isopolis: The City of Isolation

Upon paying the toll each person was granted access to the gate.  You merge through it, and find yourself standing upon a ruined slate of granite.  Your allies surround you, each having paid their own price to get here.  Above you is a sunset sky, the sun burning a deep orange low in the sky.  It is set permanently, however, and here it seems that time has stopped.  Around you there are ruins of buildings, though you seem to be above most of them.  If they are real or illusory it is difficult to say, though jumping off your platform to find out may not be ideal.

Ahead rests two crumbled figures on the ground.  Indistinguishable at first, though upon closer inspection one would find the black knight, Alex, a journal clutched under his arm, and the dark witch Midnea, her face an ashen gray.  Elia darts ahead, falling at Alex's side and extending her palms before remembering that she cannot even attempt healing him.  Her eyes then fall to the book, which she snatches up from his lead arm and peels back the cover.

"Henry," she says, walking over to the dreadnaught with book in hand.  "What's this?"

Before you is an altar, where the Source of All Life once rested.  Standing before the altar are Nergal and Yevgeni, the latter holding a small sapphire-blue stone in his hand.  The stone was no larger than a golf ball and the shape of a diamond.  Yevgeni's eyes fell onto your group, before muttering lowly, "So you came.  I had a feeling that you would, but you are too late."

He holds the crystal over his head, and it begins to glow.  A sound, no, a voice, echoes around you, though its words are unintelligible.  Something seems to have happened, but what?  What have they done, and what are they planning to do?  What can you do?

Edited by Mystics Apprentice
Edited for clarity and adding Alex

-Eclaire, Rhea, and Xion: At the Altar of the Source of All Life-

Rhea and Xion stumbled back a bit from the Light, Rhea still adjusting to life outside of Thane, and Xion from the light.

But Eclaire...no, she stepped forward, drawing Shiva from her back, holding it pointed towards Yevgeni. She was shaking...from anguish...from rage...from sorrow. Her body crackled with lightning, her clothes shifting into the Valkyric armor that now ran black with Succubus blood.

"You ordered her death? You ordered the deaths of her, of Jynn?" Her foot dug into the ground, and she roared.

"YEEEEVGENIIII!" She shot forward, aiming to Pierce the Elf's heart with her silver sword.

Edited by Sabre Lily

Jynn, Dawson, and Bherna-Isopolis, City of Isolation

Jynn sees Yevgeni and Nergal with the Source of All Life. Yevgeni exclames everyone is too late, but Jynn scoffs. “Well done traitor. You’re going to waste the ultimate power to get what you, yourself, and Yevgeni want, instead of, you know, actually making the worlds better places.” He then turns his head to Nergal. It was clear that he did not tolerate the queenslayer’s presence. “Exactly what I’d expect from someone who would send his flunky to kill my mother, so you don’t have to do the dirty work. And not only that, instead of facing me yourself, Yevgeni, you send him to kill me. What? Am I not worth the ‘Great Yevgeni’s’ time? Well, I got bad news for you, I still breathe. And you, well....... your reign ends today.”

Suddenly, Jynn hurls La Justiceré at Nergal’s head.

Edited by Endless Thundaga

- Helios & Arthur Something - /w everyone else - Isopolis: City of Isolation -

It was another world all on its own. Standing in eternal twilight, ruins of what could have been a once grand city standing tall beneath them. Time is nonexistent, and neither seems to be life or death. But they could be wrong, because they were still mortal, after all. Helios would admire his surroundings before looking around. Aura, Henry, where they all there? He could see them, most of them were there...but it was obvious that something was wrong. Terribly wrong...and he couldn't figure out why, even as it nagged at his head. "Henry?" Helios asked, his tone soft. Why couldn't he feel his warmth anymore? Why was the life in his eyes gone, even as he stands tall alongside them? It was terrifying. His attention turned to Aura, quickly grabbing a hold f her hands. She seemed alright. Everyone else seemed...like they could have been better long ago. Yet that wasn't the end. The two bodies that lay before them. A human and...and the witch. His eyes widened, his whole body shaking as he approached Midnea. There she was. The one that had made his life hell. That had experimented on him, that had used him as a tool for her own selfish goals...dead. He should feel happy. Thrilled. Absolutely alleviated! The witch was dead!...then why didn't it feel like that? Why did it feel like nothing had changed? That her death brought nothing? He was glad. Of course he was. This was something to be happy about, even if it was the death of someone...but why didn't it release the pressure off his chest like he always imagined it would? But that had to be an answer for another time. His attention fell on Yevgeni. "No...how..." Helios whispered, standing on his feet. He could only watch as the Fey would contain Source of All Life within his hands, using it for himself...and like that it was gone. Everything they had done. Everything they had sacrificed...was all for nothing- "NO!" Helios screamed, his voice practically shattering as he watched it disappear...this was the end, wasn't it? All that they had done was for nothing! They had lost! Yevgeni would have his way and every life lost in this whole war would have been in vain- No. He refused. This couldn't be the end. He refused it. He gasped, snapping his head up as he saw the two royals attack. "Elcaire! Jynn! Wait!" This seemed to...easy. There was no way that could be the source of life, could it? Just a small sphere, containing such a great source of power...maybe he was overthinking it, but something just seemed amiss. "That couldn't have been the source of all life...could it...it just seems...much too easy." Helios whispered, standing up on his feet. He couldn't recognize the voice, he couldn't understand what it spoke to them. Instead he walked closer. He didn't run, he didn't charge. He just walked, eyes right on Yevgeni as he glared with his icy blue eyes. "What have you done, Yevgeni...have you not done enough?" He asked. Somewhere, in the area, a small being would exist. It wasn't real, but it wasn't unreal either. Energy, electricity...it just existed in the shape of a familiar figure. It would shift in and out of view, the sound of the sparks flying here and there. All that could be certain was his bright, blue eyes that watched them with curiosity.

{Mariel: Isopolis; Final Chamber}

Mariel stood still for a moment when spit out of the white void. In someway, she seemed smaller. She looked at her hands a moment, flexing her fingers, then clinching them. She quickly looked around at the party as if with new eyes. She wondered briefly what the others had scarified. So much had been given for this quest. She remembered being afraid giving up her honor would mean she wouldn't care about completing the quest. But as she stood there, a simple Angel, she couldn't walk away with what was sacrificed. It was a bitter price and it had to pay out.

The reveal of the other who came before caught Mariel for surprise for a moment. She had forgotten they were ahead of them. Their use of the Source of All Life felt like a red hot dagger into the angel's heart. All that work, all that sacrifice. For nothing. Something ancient deep inside her, a part carefully locked away and chained by the tenets and training of the Guardian Angels, awoke. Red hot rage spilled through her mind, melting everything else it came across. Right now, all she could think of was blood and revenge.

Letting out a roar filled with every ounce of rage she felt that veered into the sonic range, Mariel launched herself at Yevgani. She didn't have the training and skill in combat to fall back on, but she was still an angel, fueled by rage. She came in on Eclaire's heels, looking to pummel Yevgani with her fists.

- Rabiyu, Aura and Sifrei - Isopolis: The City of Isolation -

It looked like everyone had made their way into the final chamber. What their sacrifices had been, only them knew. Rabiyu was looking around, only to instantly notice the bodies of a human and the Black Witch laying on the ground. What was the meaning of that?

"Sifrei, Aura, are both of you alright?" Rabiyu asked

"I-I'm fine. But I feel like I'm forgetting something very important at the moment."

After waiting for a few seconds Rabiyu looked at Sifrei, waiting for his response, a response that never came. The Archangel only looked in front of him, barely paying attention to the the two figures ahead. Rabiyu quickly recognized one of the faces, the face of Yevgeni.

"Yevgeni, what have you done?" She said as Eclaire, Mariel and Jynn rushed towards Yevgeni and Nergal, "Wait, don't be reckless!"

Aura someone holding her hand, and she turned around to see the face of Helios, or at least, a blurry face. He quickly made hi way towards what looked like to bodies and then walked towards Yevgeni. She could barely see anything. Why? She didn't knew, but maybe it had to do with the strange feeling she had on her chest.

Sifrei simply watched, Rabiyu asked him if he was alright, and he was, or, at least, he felt fine, but he could manage to say those words, it was like something took his voice away. Not like he really cared to respond the elf.

- Nergal, the Queenslayer - Isopolis, Final Trial -

Like all others, Nergal found himself within the boundless white abyss, Yevgeni nowhere to be seen, an elvish-inscribed door before him and before that; His perfect, flawless double, extending a hand after a brief congratulations and simply asking him to surrender that which he values most, asking of him no lies, for neither could avoid the truth of the matter. Seemingly, Nergal was shocked, appalled, holding a hand over his heart as he lay affronted, gasping, shaking his head at his duplicate.

"You, would ask of me such a thing...? My reflection, from Isopolis riven. To give up that which is most precious, you fiend...?"

Nergal's thoughts centered on Yevgeni, yet, he could not give him up. Without him, or Alastor, Nergal would be nowhere and he knew he lacked the power to even consider sacrificing the Stormbringer...so what then? His newfound life? His very reason for being the way he was now, never again would he view the world in a nihilistic, destructive way...would it be sufficient enough of a sacrifice to throw this away?

Yet, as a smile curled upon Nergal's ashen lips, this was but pretense as he acted: He took out a dagger, scorched yet intact, the very blade he had attempted to end Jynn's life with and simply...scratched his free hand, holding it over his duplicate's extended hand and clenching it hard, forcing out a measly, singular drop, impacting and staining the forgery's glove.

"No matter what that elf or that thunder lord has done for me...this blood, is mine. My most precious thing, Isopolis, is in your grasp. Accept my sacrifice and grant us power eternal, oh beholder mine."

The reflection accepted his token, the technicality fulfilled as the replicated cadence of Nergal reciprocated his grin, apparently affected by his presence, or just happy to receive the offering as if it were as significant as all others given...and with that, Nergal was able to enter the Altar, appearing beside Yevgeni...

---------------------------

- Isopolis: City of Isolation -

Finally, Nergal and Yevgeni stood before their ultimate goal, the pinnacle of their journey together: The Source of All Life...and it wasn't quite as grand as Nergal had anticipated, yet its power was something he could feel and strongly so. He allowed his close companion to take hold of the beautiful crystal first, before their pursuers had emerged. Nergal faced them just as Yevgeni did, his expression soft and unfazed, though inside, he was intrigued for he spied a few familiar faces:

The Sentinel who had failed to protect his Queen: Soren Monroe.

The Dreadnought, his Darkness quelled yet he was no longer himself: Henry Hansees.

Shiva's Retainer, now looking just a bit more pitiful: Eclaire Tonnerre.

The Son of Shiva, Heir to the Throne and a sorry sight to behold: Jynn Venas.

The Feline Bomber: Dawson, one of his obstacles to Jynn.

The Last Cyph and a defiant endling to the very last moment: Typhon.

Yet as he scanned, some were unfamiliar yet still interesting to witness:

A strange girl who held the remnants of Thane's inspiring presence...who could she be?

An energy being, borne of Lightning, danced and buzzed around as if trying to exist fully, yet he couldn't...

The Human King, he presumed, who moved as if robbed of sight.

A grand sword headed toward his head--

Nergal caught this and a few others attempting to take Yevgeni's life and swiftly acted: Deftly sliding out of the blades way, summoning his 'Holy Glaive', in a deft, smooth motion, separated his Glaive into two blades, ready to impale either of those attempting to slay his dear Yevgeni.

"Yes indeed...don't be reckless, heroes."

- Soren Monroe, The Sentinel Renewed - Isopolis: City of Isolation -

The bereft Soren Monroe stood now with his comrades, all of them lacking something precious to them, just to face Nergal and Yevgeni, the Source of All Life seemingly claimed in the grasp of the latter, poised to unleash its spectacular power for their own gain. Yevgeni's intent was already clear to Yevgeni, but, the Queenslayer? He couldn't get even a slight read on his intentions...would be turn on his newfound elven friend? Stand with him till their ascension? What will he do?

Well it became clear that he intended to keep at least the Source safe, for he poised to protect Yevgeni by impaling those charging with extreme prejudice...

"Mariel! Eclaire! Stop!!" Soren called out, hoping she would be able to stop in time, before unnecessary blood was shed this day.

- Meksis, the United, Armour of Twilight - FLASHBACK: Battle Between Brothers -

Meksis's attack wasn't as successful as he had hoped, his strikes once more having little effect on the madness infused Maxis, headbutting the proverbial wall as it were, before his brother had had enough: Gripping Meksis and, as a cold, unwelcome feeling began to overtake him, Madness energy started to flood him unrelentingly quickly. All seemed lost in Meksis's stubborn move before Hektor's intervention; slashing Maxis's throat and allowing Meksis to drop away, the madness given form assaulting his spirit for a brief period as it flew off his armour during the fall.

Thankfully before more damage was done, Hektor, ever the gentlemen, caught Meksis and let them safely land, then transporting him to the dream realm to avoid Maxis's retaliation.

"I'm starting...to think you're right, Hektor..." Meksis thought for a moment, looking away for a bit to reflect on what had happened before Hektor's arrival, then it came to him. "His, his gut and back must still be sore from what you did to him, Hektor...if we both attacked those spots at once, it could stagger him greatly, weaken him perhaps?" He proffered, ready to accept Hektor's help.

Edited by Nero Kunivas

Jynn calls back La Justiceré into his hand. Nergal has deftly dodged the sword, and is now advancing towards Eclaire and Mariel, ready to impale them with his glaive, now daggers. The prince becomes irritated by his lack of focus towards the former. Jynn then tries to humiliate Nergal into fighting him. He calls him out so that everyone can hear. ”Can’t face me?! The one who literally suplexed the living daylights outta you?! You think I forgot about that?!” At the same time, he blasts two powerful electric orbs at Nergal. His anger builds, just like the double from the previous trial warned him about. “I want to see you suffer! To be humiliated! To be embarrassed! To die! And I will make sure I finish you from behind, similar to the way you killed my mother!” In an overkill attempt, he slams his fist on the ground, creating fissures towards Nergal. Should the queenslayer not respond to this, he will receive a nasty surprise. Jynn makes one final attempt to gain Nergal’s attention, in case the first attempts didn’t do so. “FACE ME!”

--Alderon, Athena, Everyth, Elia, and Yevgeni -- Isopolis City Ruins--

Yevgeni sighed as Eclaire charged toward him, extending a palm and creating an iridescent shield.  "Oh, noble retainer, if only you had listened and stayed where you belong," he drawled, shaking his head.  "I truly bode you no ill.  I thought we could get along rather wonderfully–"

His words fell short when Mariel decided to charge him as well, and he wasn't certain if his barrier would be able to hold both of them back.  Thankfully Nergal had him covered with his glaive, though drawing their blood made his stomach queasy.  The blond leapt back to stand upon the altar, now looking down upon those who despised him.

"I would take the wise words from your friends, if I were you," Yev stated warningly.  "Neither of us want to harm you, though if you keep assaulting us with weapons rather than words we might have to defend ourselves, and I cannot promise that drawing a little bit of blood won't come with it."

His gaze fell upon Jynn, eyes meeting with that of his nephew's.  "I never tried to kill you, Prince Jynn, so I have no idea what you are talking about.  I will confess that I was behind your mother's assassination, because she could not differentiate between fantasy and reality, and I needed her to see the light but she refused.  As you will come to find, if you survive this day, trying to maintain a kingdom is not as easy as it seems.  Between her having lied to you, and my using her to meet certain means, you can probably start to see that."

Alderon stepped forward clumsily, unable to see and feeling much like a fool.  "Daughter," he murmured, reaching out a hand.  "Athena, are you here?"

The princess, who hadn't spoken a word since the gate, fled to her father's side, grasping his hand and bringing it to her cheek.  "Yes, I'm here, but what happened to you?  Where is Arthur?"

The human king huffed.  "Well, I haven't seen him, but then again I cannot see anything, so it wouldn't surprise me if he were here."  It was then that Athena realized that his eyes were out of focus; he could not see.  She bit her lip, glancing around the platform at all of her companions, searching for the face of her beloved but failing to find it.

"I am so sorry, Father," she murmured.  "If only I hadn't come–"

"It would've made no difference; what is done is done.  I accept my fate if this is the price to restore our world."

Meanwhile Everyth approached Henry and Elia, whom stood to the side with Alex's journal.

"Something seems different about you, Henry," she spoke, in a voice that she herself did not recognize.  It was high and gravelly with age, and her appearance made Elia give a start.  "Your eyes are glowing, but what does this mean?  Did we both pay a steep price to come here?"

"Who are you?" Elia asked with a frown, to which Everyth merely responded with a dry laugh.

"Quick to forget your human allies, are you?  But then again, I wouldn't recognize me either, I think, with the additional sixty years handed to me."

It was around this time that Jynn had assaulted Nergal even further with his electrical orbs, causing Yevgeni to frown.  He leapt from his position and gracefully landed in front of Nergal, casting his shield in front of them both for the orbs to dance off of.  "Must all of your actions be offensive?" he asked.  "What happened to 'friendly negotiations,' or is this all that your mother taught you?"

He glanced around at the rest of the group.  Many of them shot questions, each revolving around the same concept.  "I did what had to to be done," was his simple response.  "Both worlds would've perished in combat had I not intervened, and now peace will be everlasting.  I have finally fulfilled the promise that I made to King Alexander, as well as the one that I made to my dying sister."  His fingers stroked the smooth surface of the Source of All Life.  "I will see her again, and bring her back into the world that she was removed from all too soon."

Edited by Mystics Apprentice
Edited to be more inclusive

Yevgeni manages to block Jynn’s assault. Stating that he never wanted Jynn killed. The prince growls. “Acting ignorant are we? Well then. If you didn’t want me dead, then why did your little sidekick there try to kill me? He tried so hard, and yet, failed to even injure me. And I got the witnesses to tell the story.” The regent then asks why “all” of Jynn’s actions must be offensive. The prince is quite irritated by this. “I’m sorry..... ‘all’ my actions? Here you go again, playing the ‘I-know-it-all’ game. You don’t know the first thing about me! You’re never even around me enough to safely make that assumption!”

It was then at that moment, Yevgeni revealed what he was planning to do with the Source of All Life; to bring back his sister. Jynn is shocked, but angered by what he just heard. “All of this, so you can see your sister again? Instead of actually trying to help people? That is such a Yevgeni thing to do.” He pauses, clenching his fists tightly. “There is not one day where I don’t wish to see my mother again. I loved her, with all my heart.” He turns his head back to the regent. “But once she died, I had to learn to accept that. To face the fact that she was no longer with me. It was torture. It was painful. But you wouldn’t understand that, because you just care about yourself. You think I wouldn’t want to use that power to bring her back? I would be so happy to do so. But I know, that deep down, it is wrong. It is selfish, narcissistic, careless.”

He closes the gap between him and Yevgeni. It was clear that he was hurt. A tear actually dripped down his cheek. “And you know what the worst part is? Her life was taken by the hands of someone I used to see as a friend, an ally, a ‘general’. That is what hurts me the most. And now I have to live EVERY DAY KNOWING THAT.”

At this point, he stops three feet away from the regent. “But........ you don’t care. About anything to do with others! And because of this and your ‘know-it-all’ mentality, I’ve lost my mother, and the world below has been destroyed!” Another tear runs down his cheek. “And it’s all your fault! AND I CAN NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THAT!

Jynn suddenly punches Yevgeni’s shield with all his might, as well as preparing for any tricks he had up his sleeve. Should Yevgeni even block the punch with his shield, he would be sent flying backwards. Jynn would also jump backwards, firing two more homing electric orbs at Nergal, as well as hurling La Justiceré at the queenslayer’s head.