Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

- Rufus Contralto and The Merchant, currently within the marketplace of Kilkes Seres -

The merchant licked his lips tentatively, his wild eyes filled with astonishment and excitement that he found himself unable to fully express.  Two choices of highly valuable items lay at his disposal for a stolen homunculus, and he was unable to decide which one he should immediately choose.  The stones and the necklace seemed beautiful and tempting, an easy profit to be made when exploiting nobles of their noble eye, but the ring could prove to be the most valuable of all over time.

Chafing his thin, wiry wrists, he decided and held out his hand.

"Milady, if you will privy me the possibility, let me see your ring, this Cor'umarth.  I must test its enchantment to weather my choice," he voiced, trying his best to be eloquent and coax the trade.

Within the lava lamp, everything was getting much clearer and the lava bubbles dispersed to the bottom and top, merging anew.  Rufus now coughed every now and again, highly intrigued in what was going on outside and listening intently.  He was one decision closer to freedom of his squalid prison and to his first owner in decades!

Rabiyu - Kilkes Seres
Rabiyu stared at the Merchant for a couple of seconds, studying the situation.
"That I can do." She said honestly. "Although I should warn you, you will feel a slightly magical backlash coming from the ring, perhaps it will leave you feeling dizzy for the rest of the day. You can feel its magic, but you will be unable to use it's power until I say so."
The High Elf closed the box and placed it in the hand of the merchant.
"I can't have one of mine creations fall in the hands of people with questionable intentions. Surely, you understand."
Nodding to no one in particular, she put her hands on her hips.
"One last thing, Master Merchant." Rabiyu said, a little more serious tone in her voice. "The Prince, Jynn Venas, sent me on an important mission. I need you to make a choice or else the deal will be called off. My time here is running out and the Prince is waiting for my return."
Rabiyu suspected that giving the shady Merchant a small warning and naming someone important would make him take a choice faster. Also, his "treasure" would be forever lost unless he made a choice. It was true that she had to leave, but what about the rest?

Aeternum Siblings - The Prancing Pony Inn
Aurion listened to every word that the neighbor next door had to say.  
"Perhaps we could be of assistance?" Aurion said while going out to the balcony. "I apologize, but I overheard your words."
The Older Sibling leaned on the banister and looked at the next room's window.
"It seems that you need some help against the King. Perhaps we could help you, if you want."
Perhaps this was the chance they were waiting. Both siblings knew that the King was not a good person, and perhaps this was the chance to find out the truth about the King and his strange experiments.

(You can choose to refuse if you want, Scrap.)

Edited by Elrandir

-Arthur, at the King's castle, heading to Visco's room-
Arthur nodded and quickly walked off to the direction given. And man it was pretty far! Though by all means it only meant that it was more secure for the princess, as more knights and guards would be in the way were anything to happen. He couldn't help but to feel slightly anxious. What if the princess found him annoying? Or if she wasn't in the mood for jokes? What if he ended up making her even more sad? Arthur pushed away the negative thoughts, instead focusing on thinking up jokes that he could tell. "What did the sea said to the other sea? Nothing, they just WAVED! Wait wait, I got one. A new type of broom came out! It's SWEEPING the nation!" Arthur whispered to himself, just thinking stuff up at the top of his head. When the time came though he had no idea how he was going to be able to respond, or how his mind would work it out. He eventually found the room, guarded by two of the toughest and meanest knights he had ever seen. They wore large and heavy armor, equipped with deadly two handed battle axes. One kick from either of them and he'd land on the opposite wing of the castle! He cleared his throat, walking up to them as he mustered up the courage. "Good evening, fellow knights." Arthur began. The two knights glared down at him, and just like that Arthur's bravery went out the window. "U-Um..." Arthur stammered, clearing his throat. "W-Well! I was sent over in order to help cheer the princess up." Arthur said. Their glares never wavered. "I was sent by Effie..." Arthur gulped. "...Becker?" Arthur carefully watched their reactions, and soon they retracted their battle axes, allowing Arthur to walk through. Phew. "Thanks." Arthur murmured. He stepped through, before knocking on the wooden doors. "Er, your majesty? Princess Visco? I was sent by miss Effie, I'm coming in, ok?" He said. He then opened the door, stepping inside and closing it behind him. The scent of the room was sickly sweet, most likely coming from either the perfumes that decorated the counter top or the dozens of flowers that sat in multiple vases. He stepped gently, walking until the princess came into view. She sat on the bed, looking just as upset as Effie had described. "Princess Visco." Arthur said, smiling a bit. He quickly remembered his manners, and gave a small bow. "Your highness." He added. How would he start a conversation? Oh! Jokes! "Hey princess, ever heard of the knight named William? I heard his least favorite phrase is 'Fire at Will'!" Arthur said, smiling as he tried to lean on what he thought was a solid surface. He felt it lean with him and Arthur quickly panicked, throwing his arms around the pedestal and catching the flower pot with his foot. "Oh!...I meant to do that!"

Edited by Stardustblade358

Rabiyu - Kilkes Seres
Rabiyu stared at the Merchant for a couple of seconds, studying the situation.
"That I can do." She said honestly. "Although I should warn you, you will feel a slightly magical backlash coming from the ring, perhaps it will leave you feeling dizzy for the rest of the day. You can feel its magic, but you will be unable to use it's power until I say so."
The High Elf closed the box and placed it in the hand of the merchant.
"I can't have one of mine creations fall in the hands of people with questionable intentions. Surely, you understand."
Nodding to no one in particular, she put her hands on her hips.
"One last thing, Master Merchant." Rabiyu said, a little more serious tone in her voice. "The Prince, Jynn Venas, sent me on an important mission. I need you to make a choice or else the deal will be called off. My time here is running out and the Prince is waiting for my return."
Rabiyu suspected that giving the shady Merchant a small warning and naming someone important would make him take a choice faster. Also, his "treasure" would be forever lost unless he made a choice. It was true that she had to leave, but what about the rest?

Aurion listened to every word that the neighbor next door had to say.  
"Perhaps we could be of assistance?" Aurion said while going out to the balcony. "I apologize, but I overheard your words."
The Older Sibling leaned on the banister and looked at the next room's window.
"It seems that you need some help against the King. Perhaps we could help you, if you want."
Perhaps this was the chance they were waiting. Both siblings knew that the King was not a good person, and perhaps this was the chance to find out the truth about the King and his strange experiments.

(You can choose to refuse if you want, Scrap.)

- Rufus Contralto and the Merchant, currently being sold or selling to Rabiyu in Kilkes Seres' market -

The merchant sniffed indignantly at the commentary about the magical backlash.  It was true that he had an amateur background with enchantment and tasting the magical properties of things, but he was more resilient than for which she gave him credit, being a Deva (a nature guardian in New Age philosophies).  However, she further prompted that they finish their trade quick or else lose the trade altogether.  Licking his lips in worry, he agreed with her and prepared the trade, withdrawing his hand in order to snatch Rufus' lamp.

"As milady is in a hurry, you'll forgive my not prewrapping your present, and besides it might look better free from wrappings.  However, I would like the jewels and pendant as compensation.  There's no guarantee, after all, that your ring would work for someone other than yourself, after all," he spoke with a wry grin, ready for the swap.

Within the lamp, Rufus felt entirely elated.  The trade was happening, and he was sure to gift the young lady that purchased him a wish as generous as he could make it.  He waited patiently even as the lamp's contents jostled and expectantly looked up to where he supposed Rabiyu was.

Edited by Vaude

--Alderon and Curvis -- Kingdom of Sondon--

The knight in royal-blue was ecstatic that he was chosen for the voyage to the Overworld.  Never had he anticipated on embarking on such an adventure!  He couldn't wait until his family found out.  A part of him wondered what would dwell in this new world, and if the creatures there--if any--would be friendly and give them a warm welcome.  Probably not, but it still excited Curvis all the same.

At the table along the opposite wall sat a woman that caught his eye.  The scarlet-red of her cloak was all too familiar, and immediately Curvis realized how he'd recognized her.  The woman was notorious, perhaps famous, and it was rumored that there was nothing she could not do.  At this particular moment it seemed that she could never eat her fill, as Curvis watched in awe as she stuffed herself with as much food as she could in a very curious fashion.  Strangely the knight had always taken a particular fancy to Raleigh; he admired her determination and accomplishments, and wished that he'd share even a quarter of her success in his entire lifetime.

Always he'd wanted to speak with the mysterious woman, and always the opportunity would slip by.  Eventually the knight slipped a couple of slices of cheesecake onto a plate and snatched a glass of wine, before carefully marching up to where the lovely dark-haired maiden of the night sat.  He cleared his throat, watching with a pounding heart as he interrupted her feasting.  "Pardon me, my fine lady in red, but I thought you may care for some dessert and another glass of wine to wash your supper with?  As well as some company?"  Without awaiting her response he slid the plate of cheesecake before her and took a seat, careful to avert her gaze as he did so.  At last he was finally in her presence!  But that didn't make him any less nervous.

"Forgive me, I haven't even introduced myself, milady: my name is Curvis Sourati, and I have been serving King Alderon's court for several years now.  Word has reached my ear about your grand feats over the past decade or more, and I constantly find myself in awe at your accomplishments.  It is wonderful to finally make your acquaintance, Lady Raleigh."

Meanwhile, Alderon resumed his seat alongside Draksis, watching as the feast seemingly returned to normal.  He nodded to Midnea as the witch begged her leave, his thoughts seeming to stray from the feast and his gaze penetrating the glass of wine before him, which happened to belong to Draksis.  The king said nothing, not even when Manel approached the table and began speaking with his general.  His thoughts, of course, strayed to Visco, and the absolute look of hatred, disappointment, and betrayal upon her face when he refused her entry to the Overworld.  It wasn't that he wished to be cruel, but he was determined to protect his daughter.  Someone had already targeted her and cursed her; if he brought her what other atrocities would they perform upon her?  It was bad enough that he'd lost his dear Elysia to the plague that had swept through Sondon many years back.  He couldn't bear to lose Visco, too.

Yes, he was doing the best thing for her, he thought as he accepted a fresh glass of wine that he delicately brought to his lips.

--Elia -- en route to Mystras--

The young fairy was enthusiastically enjoying the flight to Mystras.  The cool air whipped her ebony locks around her face as she soared, her pearlescent and semi-transparent wings reflecting the setting sun.  She turned around to offer her friend Aqua a wide smile when she realized that the blue-haired elf could not fly!  "Oh no!  I totally left her behind!"  Elia murmured, her brows contorting into a frown.  The fey then shot like a rocket down toward the ground, where she found Aqua huffing and making her way to Mystras as fast as her elven legs could carry her.  Elia landed, her expression somber.  "Hey, I'm sorry, I'd forgotten that you can't fly," she murmured apologetically.  "Here."

Her slender arms wrapped tightly around Aqua's waist as she kicked off the ground once more, this time with her friend in tow.  They spiraled as they emerged into the clouds, Elia whooping as they accelerated.  She didn't give a second thought to this frightening the elf, though perhaps she should have.

"We might be a little far behind now," Elia murmured darkly as she searched for any sight of her friends.  There was one solution to this that the raven-haired fairy could think of, but she wasn't sure if she wished to resort to time magic now, especially not after what happened the last time that she tried to use it.

- Rufus Contralto and the Merchant, currently being sold or selling to Rabiyu in Kilkes Seres' market -

The merchant sniffed indignantly at the commentary about the magical backlash.  It was true that he had an amateur background with enchantment and tasting the magical properties of things, but he was more resilient than for which she gave him credit, being a Deva (a nature guardian in New Age philosophies).  However, she further prompted that they finish their trade quick or else lose the trade altogether.  Licking his lips in worry, he agreed with her and prepared the trade, withdrawing his hand in order to snatch Rufus' lamp.

"As milady is in a hurry, you'll forgive my not prewrapping your present, and besides it might look better free from wrappings.  However, I would like the jewels and pendant as compensation.  There's no guarantee, after all, that your ring would work for someone other than yourself, after all," he spoke with a wry grin, ready for the swap.

Within the lamp, Rufus felt entirely elated.  The trade was happening, and he was sure to gift the young lady that purchased him a wish as generous as he could make it.  He waited patiently even as the lamp's contents jostled and expectantly looked up to where he supposed Rabiyu was.

Rabiyu - Kilkes Seres
"Do not misunderstand my words, Master," Rabiyu said, "You will be fully capable of using this ring."
The High Elf then closed her eyes and held out her hand.
"Panta i' men en' i' aute en' marth, ten'oio tenna' i' tyela en' lle men."
Once the incantation was done, there was a faint golden glow coming from the small box.
"The Cor'umarth is yours and yours alone, along with the Mire Elenath, Master," she said, "A relic of the House of Cydal and one of mine creations, both made by High Elves and both priceless objects in the right hands."
Rabiyu gave one last look at the necklace and jewels that were on the table before looking at the Merchant.
"I have given you both items, now it's your turn to give the item you were willing to trade."
Rabiyu's hand was wating for the artifact that was promised in return for her items.

Edited by Elrandir

--Curvis -- Kingdom of Sondon--

The knight in royal-blue was ecstatic that he was chosen for the voyage to the Overworld.  Never had he anticipated on embarking on such an adventure!  He couldn't wait until his family found out.  A part of him wondered what would dwell in this new world, and if the creatures there--if any--would be friendly and give them a warm welcome.  Probably not, but it still excited Curvis all the same.

At the table along the opposite wall sat a woman that caught his eye.  The scarlet-red of her cloak was all too familiar, and immediately Curvis realized how he'd recognized her.  The woman was notorious, perhaps famous, and it was rumored that there was nothing she could not do.  At this particular moment it seemed that she could never eat her fill, as Curvis watched in awe as she stuffed herself with as much food as she could in a very curious fashion.  Strangely the knight had always taken a particular fancy to Raleigh; he admired her determination and accomplishments, and wished that he'd share even a quarter of her success in his entire lifetime.

Always he'd wanted to speak with the mysterious woman, and always the opportunity would slip by.  Eventually the knight slipped a couple of slices of cheesecake onto a plate and snatched a glass of wine, before carefully marching up to where the lovely dark-haired maiden of the night sat.  He cleared his throat, watching with a pounding heart as he interrupted her feasting.  "Pardon me, my fine lady in red, but I thought you may care for some dessert and another glass of wine to wash your supper with?  As well as some company?"  Without awaiting her response he slid the plate of cheesecake before her and took a seat, careful to avert her gaze as he did so.  At last he was finally in her presence!  But that didn't make him any less nervous.

"Forgive me, I haven't even introduced myself, milady: my name is Curvis Sourati, and I have been serving King Alderon's court for several years now.  Word has reached my ear about your grand feats over the past decade or more, and I constantly find myself in awe at your accomplishments.  It is wonderful to finally make your acquaintance, Lady Raleigh."

- Raleigh Marin, currently feasting at Alderon's banquet alongside Curvis -

Raleigh was, for the moment, oblivious to everything that was happening in the room, the only thing snagging her attention being the roasted guinea hen and small potatoes before a surprise guest cleared his throat beside her.  Much to her confusion, it was one of the men picked by Alderon for the voyage, and he was talking to her.

Suspicion flickered across her gaze as she looked up at the nervous young man, wondering if this was a ploy or plot to kill her, but the knight seemed genuine in both eagerness and status.  He carefully thrust a plateful of cheesecake slices toward her, but she did not dare eat it even after her medicinal draught of common poisons.  Well, at least . . . not immediately.  Dairy reacted poorly with the nightshade extract.  Listening carefully to the young man as he introduced himself and prattled on about his and her accomplishments, she readied to speak and finally did.

"Likewise," she replied, smiling in equal pleasure and caution.

It was rare for her to be acknowledged by anyone but her clients, and frankly speaking she did not know stories of her were told.  It would explain, however, why some on the streets stared at her even when she had her hood up.  Maybe she should change her wardrobe.

"Wait, Sourati, was it?" she asked, her eyes flashing with recognition.  "I find myself unequally informed about you, to be frank, but the death of a general with your surname had caught my ear years ago.  Are you related to him?"

Rabiyu - Kilkes Seres
"Do not misunderstand my words, Master," Rabiyu said, "You will be fully capable of using this ring."
The High Elf then closed her eyes and held out her hand.
"Panta i' men en' i' aute en' marth, ten'oio tenna' i' tyela en' lle men."
Once the incantation was done, there was a faint golden glow coming from the small box.
"The Cor'umarth is yours and yours alone, along with the Mire Elenath, Master," she said, "A relic of the House of Cydal and one of mine creations, both made by High Elves and both priceless objects in the right hands."
Rabiyu gave one last look at the necklace and jewels that were on the table before looking at the Merchant.
"I have given you both items, now it's your turn to give the item you were willing to trade."
Rabiyu's hand was wating for the artifact that was promised in return for her items.

- Rufus Contralto and The Merchant, now parting ways in Kilkes Seres' market -

The merchant could only be surprised by the results of the trade.  He gained not only the jeweled pendant and gems but also the ring of luck.  Looking up in disbelief, he bowed his head and handed the damsel the lava lamp, taking great care not to fumble too much or drop it.  Many people within the marketplace were watching and heavily impressed by the trade, and other shopkeepers shouted out their desire for her perusing their wares.

"Blessings of the Many upon you, miss!  May heaven shine upon your head for many years," the merchant spouted, even though he was a terrible practitioner of religion.

Rufus shouted a little war whoop in happiness, churning his arm and jumping up and down on a blob of heated lava.  He was free from the tyranny of the abominable man that sold him, and he hoped that very soon he will be free from the monotonous fiery glass as well.

Edited by Vaude

- Rufus Contralto and The Merchant, now parting ways in Kilkes Seres' market -

The merchant could only be surprised by the results of the trade.  He gained not only the jeweled pendant and gems but also the ring of luck.  Looking up in disbelief, he bowed his head and handed the damsel the lava lamp, taking great care not to fumble too much or drop it.  Many people within the marketplace were watching and heavily impressed by the trade, and other shopkeepers shouted out their desire for her perusing their wares.

"Blessings of the Many upon you, miss!  May heaven shine upon your head for many years," the merchant spouted, even though he was a terrible practitioner of religion.

Rufus shouted a little war whoop in happiness, churning his arm and jumping up and down on a blob of heated lava.  He was free from the tyranny of the abominable man that sold him, and he hoped that very soon he will be free from the monotonous fiery glass as well.

Rabiyu - Kilkes Seres Plaza
Rabiyu took the lamp and looked around at the sudden increase of noise around the market. For once she was the reason to said noise, not because she was selling her items, which was mostly a hobby since she really didn't had any use for money. No, it was because now everyone wanted for her to take a look at their wares.
"If you excuse me, Master," Rabiyu said in a calm tone, "I must take my leave. The Prince must be waiting for my return."
Taking another quick look Rabiyu found the person she was looking for, another merchant, a girl this time, one by the name of Carlotta if she heard correctly. The Elf then went to her table and took another box from her cloak.
"Do not let him bother you," She said with a small smile on her lips, "Soon, he will understand the consequences of his actions. Never follow his example and keep walking through the path of humility and honesty. This is a gift, a real gift from me."
Said box contained a few precious gems along with a few chunks of mithril, perhaps the girl would make good use of the small fortune she just got. Rabiyu then left the market place. Once she was back at the spot the others were before she took a look at the lamp.
"I wish I could watch that Utinu en lokirim's face when he discovers that the Necklace and jewels are nothing but a perfectly crafted forgery, it will be hard for someone to know it is not the real necklace. And the true purpose of my ring." Rabiyu said as she looked at the lamp. "A little dusty, but nothing a good cleaning can't fix."
Rabiyu then rubbed the surface of the item. Waiting for something to happen.

- Henry - The renegade - The Prancing pony. -

"...firetruck" Henry whispered as some man spoke to him from the balcony, which he left open, sloppy...dammit. Henry walked to the balcony, emmiting a sigh, leaning in order to face the man. He thought for sure he was going to get reported and an arrest attempt was gonna be made. 

"Well you heard it all...no point in hiding it..." Henry spoke before taking a deep breath, as he looked at the man. "I am indeed planning something against the king, and I'l do it tomorrow morning. Before he departs with his volunteers i'l take away his most precious experiment, the prisoner." Henry explained, crossing his arms. "I don't have much to offer you and your friend for the help...but I think the prisoner can...you see, he's not exactly from this world, comes from a magical place of sorts, and he might know how to go back to it." Henry spoke.

"My plan was to sneak in using my knight's armor to fool the security, now though, my plan might have to chance to fit you two. Not a problem, we'l think of something." Henry spoke. 

"That is, if you wish to help".

- Alastor - The storm - Mystras - Flowring Hyssop -

Alastor left Raiden's company without so much as a word, only a nod, he'd try to keep this foxchild alive, but if he tried anything, he couldn't promise much. It didn't take him long to arrive, it wasn't very far, and Alastor loved his lightning step spells, which allowed him to travel much faster than usual. 

Standing in front of the door of the Flowering  Hyssop Alastor overheard the Foxchild's voice. Taking a breath before entering, opening the door slowly, taking his helmet off and walking towards the foxchild, exchanging looks with the bartender and maybe the Foxchild who noticed his presence, Alastor had a serious look in his face as he looked at both of them, taking a seat beside the foxboy, putting his helmet on the side of the counter.

"Give me your strongest drink," Alastor knew the gazes he was receiving...suspicious, hostile...possibly gonna try something, but he didn't care, he could take them all on. 

Glancing at the Foxchild before turning back towards the counter, waiting for his drink. 

"An honest drink, for an Honest day's work...isn't it?" He commented.

- Draksis - The black guard's commander - Attending the feast.

Exchanging glares at Midneah as the woman left, Draksis was...disappointed that he'd have to accompany someone as foul as her to another world, but it was the king's choice...so Draksis didn't really have a choice in the matter.

He, however noticed the King, stuck in thought, clearly distraught by what he was forced to do to his daughter. Draksis didn't drink the wine, gently pushing it aside, and placing his hand at Alderon's shoulder. 

"You may be a king, you may be the ruler, but you are still a father...I understand how you feel, don't dwell on it too much, Visco needs some alone time to understand your choice...and besides, seems like Effie is up to something sending Arthur to comfort her...If you don't mind that..." Draksis commented as he noticed Effie speaking with Arthus here and there and sending him away, it was easy to deduce. 

He was then approached by a very familiar face, Manel Fienna, an old friend of his. "Manel?!" Draksis spoke as he got up from his seat in surprise, he had not noticed her presence during the whole feast. "I haven't seen you in a long time, it is good to finally see you again my dear." Draksis spoke with a smile, Draksis held a lot of respect for Manel, taking over your father's military division wasn't easy, and he was partially responsible for the woman she became today, with some tactical advices on her military and all.

"Eh, its been well, not many raids thankfully, scouts haven't seen a threat yet." Draksis spoke as he motioned for her to sit. 

"How about you? How's work? any news?...possibly anything about the 'Dreadnaught'? The bastard has avoided our grasp for too long..." Draksis spoke, directly to business.

- Alicia - The Grimoire wielder - Flying to Mystras -

Alicia kept silent, reading her grimoire as they flew, she wasn't the biggest fan of heights but she wasn't bothered much by them, only uncomfortable, she was used to teleporting and not flying, but she figured it'd be much more interesting flying, just to get to know others better.

SHe frowned as Jynn asked where they all grew up however...as Alicia...didn't know. "I...don't know, i've lived in an orphanage until my teenage years before leaving...it was an Orphanage in Lareesa" Alicia spoke with a somber tone. 

"i've been a drifter ever since, traveling from place to place, facing down magical monsters and taking jobs here and there, I am surprised to have been called to such a mission by the queen herself, however." alicia spoke.

Edited by Scrapmaster

- Henry - The renegade - The Prancing pony. -

"...firetruck" Henry whispered as some man spoke to him from the balcony, which he left open, sloppy...dammit. Henry walked to the balcony, emmiting a sigh, leaning in order to face the man. He thought for sure he was going to get reported and an arrest attempt was gonna be made. 

"Well you heard it all...no point in hiding it..." Henry spoke before taking a deep breath, as he looked at the man. "I am indeed planning something against the king, and I'l do it tomorrow morning. Before he departs with his volunteers i'l take away his most precious experiment, the prisoner." Henry explained, crossing his arms. "I don't have much to offer you and your friend for the help...but I think the prisoner can...you see, he's not exactly from this world, comes from a magical place of sorts, and he might know how to go back to it." Henry spoke.

"My plan was to sneak in using my knight's armor to fool the security, now though, my plan might have to chance to fit you two. Not a problem, we'l think of something." Henry spoke. 

"That is, if you wish to help".

Aurion stared at the neighbour for a little while before nodding.
"Magical place, uh?" he said while smiling, "In any case. If your objective is to help a prisoner then I, well, me and my sister can help you. The King isn't exactly on our "friendly" list."
"We sure can," A female voice said, "If you want to fool security with your armor, then we could be your prisoners. A couple who wanted to infiltrate the banquet that was held tonight."
The younger sibling then came out of the room, her eyes half lidded.
"That would give you access to the dungeons, which I suppose is where this prisoner is, right?"
Aura then finally took a look at their neighbour.
"My name is Aura Aeternum. A pleasure."
Aurion rubbed the back of his head and smiled sheepishly.
"Sorry, forgot about introductions," he said, "Name's Aurion. The older sibling.'
Aura just rolled her eyes at the comment.

Edited by Elrandir

-Aqua~On the way to Mystras:In Elia's Arms~-

"I'm sorry. I wasn't aware of the fact the we'd be flying. I just came with no plan." Aqua gave a nervous laugh.

She gave a sly smile. "If you are thinking of doing that don't.I'm sure we could use a simple safe spell." She brought her staff closer to her side.

(It's the 18th I'm getting Internet back,so I think my next post will be the really long on.)

Visco's heart was racing in hopes Arthur would accepted the letter, for it was a love letter for Arthur that Visco made for him.

tumblr_inline_o8nxgeUwZQ1s4kjob_500.gif

-Arthur, at the Kingdom of Sondon, visiting the princess in her room-

Well that could have gone terribly wrong. The flower pot could have crashed, which would cause the knights to run in, which would cause Arthur to beg for his life as the two brutes would have most likely tackled him. But instead it managed to make the princess laugh, which Arthur was grateful. Mission accomplished! He fixed the pedestal and settled the vase back to where it belonged, surely not on the floor. "Well clumsiness is one of my weaknesses, sadly." Arthur said with a sheepish smile. It was a family curse. His father was clumsy too...but unlike his father Arthur actually cared for his job and had pride in it. "Effie told me you were bummed over the King not allowing you to go onto the voyage, so she asked me if I could cheer you up a bit. You laughed, so I guess it worked." Arthur added. He tilted his head as he watched Visco walk up, saying that she had a letter for him of some sort. However she seemed rather persist ant on him reading it anywhere but here. Arthur happily nodded. "A letter for me? I'd be honored to take it, milady." Arthur said, gently taking the letter in his hands. It seemed so delicate, the heart shaped stamp that closed it awfully cute. "I promise to read it somewhere else but here." Arthur said with a tiny bow, taking the letter and getting it in his uniform, putting it in a safe place where he wouldn't lose it or crumple it. "I wish you could have come with the group to the new world, but we have to make sure it's safe, you know? Besides, if the King is absent, you need to be here to make decisions in his stead." Arthur began, trying to make it sound like being left behind from this expedition wasn't that bad. "Besides, if we make a path in the first trip, when you go it will end up being much more pleasant. I'll take note of different places to visit, too...if there are some." Arthur's eyes then seemed to gleam with an idea. "I'll bring you a souvenir! I'll bring you a bouquet of flowers only found in the world above, or a small fluffy creature that might be found, or some amazing treasure...if your father doesn't end up getting you something amazing first though. Knowing his majesty, he would bring you a castle of gold if he could." Arthur said as he chuckled. As far as he knew, their king was great, and truly an amazing being who cared for his daughter and his people. It wouldn't surprise him to find something very pretty and say 'that's for Visco'. Though, Arthur would do the same. "So no more frowns, and turn them upside down. You'll have the kingdom to yourself for a while. You and Effie can have fun while the King's busy." Arthur added as he tried to look on the bright sides. Yes, it was a bummer that one could not go into an expedition into a whole new world, but there had to be some good sides to it too. Even if it was little ones. "And hey, when we return, I'll give you a personal tour of the new world!" He joked. In all honesty, he hated to see the princess sad. She was usually happy, and when she became sad, it felt as if the world wasn't working right, and he had to fix it to make her smile again.

It is now time for phase two, where we will be leaping ahead to the following morning upon the voyage to the Overworld.  For those who have fallen behind you should be able to determine your objectives by reading this post.  Also, if you wish to continue any conversations or character development prior to the timeskip you are welcome to do so in spoiler tabs with an indicator that it is a flashback scene.

A stifled yawn escaped King Alderon as he overlooked his fleet.  The sun barely peaked over the horizon, casting a dim light upon his knights' faces.  Those joining him to the Overworld were mostly present, likely eager to board the Phoenix and venture into unknown territory.  If anyone was missing it was possible that they were still in their quarters within the castle, though they wouldn't want to miss out on the takeoff and would do best to wrap up their affairs and arrive soon.

The king wrapped up a scroll that he was holding, handing it to one of his men behind him.  He did not carefully study him, nor did he particularly look at him.  "It is time.  Go, fetch the fey child and bring him here.  It is vital that he ventures with me to this Overworld."

Whether the man was who he seemed, or even going to help him, is uncertain.  It may have even been an old ally that he entrusted to the task, which he may regret heavily later.  But the king wasn't particularly concerned about traitors.  No, he was more worried about what lie in store above.

His gaze flickered to the horizon, wondering whether Visco would emerge from the crowd to see their departure to the other world.  He'd hoped that he would have the chance to say goodbye to his daughter and formally apologize, but he couldn't very much leave at a time like this.

------------------------

In the world above Jynn's group of fey arrived to their destination.  The mountains soared high into the clouds, their peaks coated in a blanket of white snow.  This continent belonging to Queen Shiva made it no surprise to find snow wherever it were possible.  Upon their arrival they had decided to set up camp, the fey alternating who would remain on guard.  Presently it was Erica's turn, and it was not an uneventful watch indeed.

Shapes could be visualized from the outskirts of the mountains surrounding them.  It was possible that they were merely shadows, though anything in the Overworld could take the form of many things, many of which were threatening.  Soon Erica would smell the rancid breath of something awful, before turning to find an Ogre standing beside her, its club raised and prepared to strike.  This Ogre was hideous, with sickly green skin and rotting teeth.  The abomination was not alone, either.  In close pursuit eight others arrived, prepared to destroy the group in one fell swoop.

When battling these menaces remember that they are huge, perhaps twelve-feet tall, and each has a very devastating club and a few spells at their disposal.  Your objective is to fight them, but what strategy will you use?

Inside of the security of the tent, Elia still remained asleep, her eyes securely closed as she dreamt about something that put a silly smile on her face.  The raven-haired mage was completely oblivious to the sounds of the approaching Ogres, and did not even realize that they were in any form of danger.

Back outside, however, Erica was fully surrounded by these creatures.  The one looming over her in a threatening manner was preparing to strike her with its club, until a white blinding light surrounded it.  The Ogre cried out in pain wildly, its shrieks echoing off the mountains and probably disrupting all of the fey asleep inside.  A short distance away the figure of a person loomed into view, his robes whipping in the wind as he narrowed his eyes at the other Ogres stomping toward the camp.  "We cannot take them alone," Yevgeni murmured, darting over to Erica's side. "Quickly!  We must gather the others to our aid!"

Meanwhile it would seem that Alastor and the foxchild have met in the Flowering Hyssop, though the circumstances under which they met do not seem to be the best.  Henry and the Aeternum siblings are getting ready to infiltrate Sondon, or perhaps they already have.  The tides of change are upon us, and soon everyone may not remain as they once were.

A few flashbacks of mine.  Don't worry, these aren't too important to read if you want to only proceed with the plot; this was mostly for character interactions from earlier.

--Curvis and Alderon -- Sondon--

It was a wonder as to whether anyone else in the room would detect the infatuation that Curvis had for the assassin, his chin propped in his hands as he watched her intently.  In fact, it took Curvis a moment to realize that Raleigh hadn't even touched her cheesecake.  A look of concern washed over his face upon this, getting ready to seize the plate from her.  "Oh, forgive me, my lady!  Do you have a dairy allergy, perhaps, or a distaste for the cake of cheese?  If you will it, I would be more than happy to fetch you something else from the banquet table."

Before he could dart off, however, he was mildly taken aback by Raleigh's sudden words, perhaps the very first that had been uttered in his direction!  The soldier blinked, before recognition finally lit his eyes and died somberly.  "Ah, yes.  General Sourati was my late father, serving his Royal Highness for over 30 years.  He was a great man and one which I admire heavily.  Perhaps you knew him firsthand?"

Meanwhile the king was gracious for Draksis' words, clapping his general on a very-armored shoulder and offering him a slight smile.  "It eases this old man's heart to hear you say such things, Draksis.  You would be quite correct in that Visco means the world to me, and I would do anything to protect her."

Still, he felt it was only best if he could somehow make things up to his dear daughter.  While Draksis certainly understood it didn't mean that his daughter hated him any less.  Finally the king rose from his seat, nodding to Draksis and taking Manel's hand and kissing it.  "It brings me sorrow to bid you adieu when we have only just greeted, milady, but I am afraid that I must retire for the night.  We have a long day ahead with little knowledge of what we are getting ourselves into, so I must prepare.  Take care, both of you."

And with that, the king departed from the dining chamber, his long thick robe trailing behind him.

Jynn Venas - Mountains near Mystras

Jynn awakens to the sound of yelling outside, but he also senses large body movements. Ogres. "Ugh....... Damn ogres.... They always start a fight at the worst times." Even though this was not his first fight with some ogres, he still knew that they are very dangerous. He quickly gets ready and tries to awaken everyone else inside. "Everyone wake up. We've got company." He summons his sword and runs outside to see Erica, Yevgeni's, and eight ogres. He runs up beside Erica and Yevgeni. "I see you guys are going to need some help. Everyone else should be waking up." Suddenly, he sees an ogre running up to them with its club ready to strike. Jynn readies up for a counter. The ogre swings it's club at him. Knowing the ogre cannot control his blade, Jynn places his blade in a blocking position and "BAM", the two weapons clash together. Despite the ogre's humongous stature, he cannot push Jynn's blade back, but at the same time, Jynn cannot push the ogre's club back. Using the ogre's inability to control his sword to his advantage, Jynn then charges a large orb of electricity and launches it at the beast. The ogre is pushed back and left temporarily stunned by the voltage.

Edited by Endless Thundaga

-Arthur, in the Kingdom of Sondon, on his way to meet up with the King and the rest of the volunteers for the journey-

~FLASHBACK~

Arthur blinked. "Oh you're right! I definitely wouldn't want to see your father's anger personally." Arthur said as he chuckled. Angering the King? No thank you. He wasn't ready to die just yet. He gave a small bow, almost rather dramatically just for you. "Do not worry, my princess Visco. I shall return to you with all limbs attached and a bouquet of flowers that will make the world envious." Arthur said dramatically. He then gently took Visco's hand, and kissed it. "Until next time, then." Arthur added, and with another wave of goodbyes, he retreated to the bedroom given to him for the night.

~CURRENT TIME~

Arthur walked down the hall to the meeting place. He had cleaned up his armor last night, rubbing away any dirty spots to make sure he was presentable in it. He reached the area, looking out as the knights were already ready to see them off at any moment. Arthur fixed his hair, walking over as his shield rested on his back and his sword on his hip. "Good morning, your majesty." Arthur said as he gave a small bow. "A beautiful day we're having today so far. Perfect for us to take off into this adventure." Arthur smiled as he stood about a foot behind the King. He felt around his uniform, gently taking out Visco's letter from yesterday. He hadn't gotten a chance to read it last night, he had gotten so overwhelmed with preparing for the trip he'd figured he would read it when he had the time. Now he had time. He gently opened the envelope, careful to not break the stamp. He took out the letter, opening it up to read as it still had the scent of a familiar perfume mixed with flowers. He read the letter, his eyes widening as he shook his head. He then read it again. Then a third time. Then a fourth. Then a fifth just to make sure that he wasn't imagining things. He felt his heart's beat become faster, slamming against his chest harshly as he gently pressed the letter to his chest. OH MY GOD.

-Helios, in the Kindgom of Sondon, inside his cell-

He couldn't tell when he had fallen asleep. He was crying the agony out of his heart when somewhere around that he had ran out of tears and had simply collapsed when the headache became a bit too much for him to handle. Now he had woken up and he didn't even know if it was day or night anymore. He had lost that advantage the moment he was put into a cell made specifically for isolation. No windows, only thick concrete walls on three sides, and the one massive, thick metal door with heaven knows how many locks. The only light was the one of the metallic lamp in the middle of the roof which was lighted by a seemingly endless candle that was changed whenever he was out of the room for any experiments. Sometimes he wished that door never opened at all. Because it would mean no experiments, and it would mean no pain. Pain, pain, pain that no mater how many times it is done it never slows down and you never get used to them. Either way by the muffled sounds of activity, he could tell that it was already day time. Helios crawled away from the door and into the furthest corner, the chains dragging behind him. He didn't want to go to the Overworld. He was already hated, a traitor of his own kind. How worse can it be to return with the enemy in tow?

- Rufus Contralto, flashing back to the Kilkes Seres plaza with Rabiyu -

Rabiyu - Kilkes Seres Plaza
Rabiyu took the lamp and looked around at the sudden increase of noise around the market. For once she was the reason to said noise, not because she was selling her items, which was mostly a hobby since she really didn't had any use for money. No, it was because now everyone wanted for her to take a look at their wares.
"If you excuse me, Master," Rabiyu said in a calm tone, "I must take my leave. The Prince must be waiting for my return."
Taking another quick look Rabiyu found the person she was looking for, another merchant, a girl this time, one by the name of Carlotta if she heard correctly. The Elf then went to her table and took another box from her cloak.
"Do not let him bother you," She said with a small smile on her lips, "Soon, he will understand the consequences of his actions. Never follow his example and keep walking through the path of humility and honesty. This is a gift, a real gift from me."
Said box contained a few precious gems along with a few chunks of mithril, perhaps the girl would make good use of the small fortune she just got. Rabiyu then left the market place. Once she was back at the spot the others were before she took a look at the lamp.
"I wish I could watch that Utinu en lokirim's face when he discovers that the Necklace and jewels are nothing but a perfectly crafted forgery, it will be hard for someone to know it is not the real necklace. And the true purpose of my ring." Rabiyu said as she looked at the lamp. "A little dusty, but nothing a good cleaning can't fix."
Rabiyu then rubbed the surface of the item. Waiting for something to happen.

Rufus listened intently to what was happening outside of his bubbling prison, enjoying the luxury of being in someone else's care rather than the shamelessly crude hands of the merchant.  The girl outside handled his lava lamp gingerly, probably recognising the beauty of the relic or the decency of carrying a caged sentient being.  It made Rufus smile.  More importantly, it made him forget about his forgetting.  No longer was he burdened by the thoughts of living a lie this way or that.  He was living in the now, and that was a blessing.

After an exchange of words with what sounded like an extremely happy and humble lady merchant, they headed far, far from the marketplace and its boisterous occupants.  Unfortunately, he could not see anything along the journey even if he were not thrust into a potato sack, but he could imagine rolling green hills, kicking brown dust, and a brilliant blue sky.  He missed so many things, but strangely what he missed the most was colour.  One can only handle so much red and orange.

Finally, his liberator on the outside spoke as if to him, pleased of her actions and enjoying the thought of what was going on through the merchant's head.  Rufus shared in the moment, but not for long before he felt the tugging sensation he once hated but had so missed.  He plunged into the fiery vortex in the base of the lava lamp and appeared outside of it, tethered by a smokey trail and rubbing his eyes to witness the world's full beauty.

"I'M FREE!  I'M A FREE ELF!" shouted Rufus excitedly, twirling in joy before abruptly halting.  "Not that I am an elf or would like to be an elf.  No offense to any elves in the room."  He glanced around to find Rabiyu, and his face paled when he recognised her pointy ears.  "Oh, Brussels sprouts," he muttered, quickly attempting to change the subject.  "Salutations to the lucky bearer of my vessel, namely you, young mistress in employ of royal princelings!  I am Rufus Contralto, genie of this lamp.  Your humble servant may grant you whatever wish milady desires--to a degree, anyway, and there are limitations, but hey! who's counting those, right?--so feel free to speak your mind and unleash your imagination!  It will be the least I could do for saving me from years of ridicule and lonesomeness.  So . . . lonesome."

It took great effort to prevent himself from sniffling, instead tossing a hateful look at that squalid cage Rabiyu probably still held in her hand.

- Foxchild Jari, within the Flowering Hyssop with Alastor -

- Alastor - The storm - Mystras - Flowering Hyssop -

Alastor left Raiden's company without so much as a word, only a nod, he'd try to keep this foxchild alive, but if he tried anything, he couldn't promise much. It didn't take him long to arrive, it wasn't very far, and Alastor loved his lightning step spells, which allowed him to travel much faster than usual. 

Standing in front of the door of the Flowering  Hyssop Alastor overheard the Foxchild's voice. Taking a breath before entering, opening the door slowly, taking his helmet off and walking towards the foxchild, exchanging looks with the bartender and maybe the Foxchild who noticed his presence, Alastor had a serious look in his face as he looked at both of them, taking a seat beside the foxboy, putting his helmet on the side of the counter.

"Give me your strongest drink," Alastor knew the gazes he was receiving...suspicious, hostile...possibly gonna try something, but he didn't care, he could take them all on. 

Glancing at the Foxchild before turning back towards the counter, waiting for his drink. 

"An honest drink, for an Honest day's work...isn't it?" He commented.

Jari was not the first of the two to see Alastor--that honour belonged to Kouroo, if one could call wetting his pants honourable--but he was a close second.  Locking eyes with the deadly knight for a brief second was terrifying enough to have him turn away and tighten his grip on his tumbler.  Worse yet, however, was when Alastor sat directly between the two foxchildren and ordered the most potent drink out there.

"An honest drink, for an honest day's work . . . isn't it?" came the master of lightning's question, and Jari stumbled over finding the right wording to respond to it.

"You said it," he said shakily, still looking down at the glass tightly clenched in both hands.  That was enough of a start for him to regain his countenance and senses, and words came more fluidly afterwards as he smiled up at Alastor.  "Honesty's what I live for and drink to, and to a happier, healthier future!"

In the other seat, Kouroo contemplated fleeing and changing his trousers, specifically in that order.  He was a younger fox child, unsure of his place in the world, but he was certain that that stool was not a good place to sit  Even still, he was locked in place by fear, at least for the moment.

((I'll post for Raleigh sometime later.  I'm getting, quite sadly, very groggy at the present.))

Edited by Vaude

Rabiyu - Mountains near Mystras (Present Time)
The High Elf was already running away from one of the ogres who had separated from the others and now was following her.
"It is a little early to cause troubles don't you think?"
She asked without waiting for any kind of response. Instead she got her bow and an arrow ready. The giant ogre tried to smack her with the club, but barely missed her when she made a backflip.
"That was close."
Rabiyu said as she shot the arrow straight in the eye of the ogre. An awful cry of pain could be heard coming from the monster who, now more angry, rushed towards the Elf. Rabiyu also ran towards the giant and once he tried to smack her once again, she jumped into the club and ran towards the monster's head.
"Lights out."
The monster screamed in pain for a second time as Rabiyu stabed his other eye with a dagger, it was totally blind, but somehow managed to hit Rabiyu and send her flying against the rocks of the mountain. The Elf was hurt, but she got to her feet and held out her hand.
"Ast namor kal drumaan, Spirits of the air, unleash your fury and bring forth the lightning to strike down, Thunderstruck!"
Suddenly a blot of lightning fell from the sky and struck the giant ogre. It remained "looking" Rabiyu's way, but it wasn't moving. The ogre was still standing but his life was gone.
"I must go back and help the others."
Without waiting for a moment Rabiyu ran back towards the camp.

- Rufus Contralto, flashing back to the Kilkes Seres plaza with Rabiyu -

Rufus listened intently to what was happening outside of his bubbling prison, enjoying the luxury of being in someone else's care rather than the shamelessly crude hands of the merchant.  The girl outside handled his lava lamp gingerly, probably recognising the beauty of the relic or the decency of carrying a caged sentient being.  It made Rufus smile.  More importantly, it made him forget about his forgetting.  No longer was he burdened by the thoughts of living a lie this way or that.  He was living in the now, and that was a blessing.

After an exchange of words with what sounded like an extremely happy and humble lady merchant, they headed far, far from the marketplace and its boisterous occupants.  Unfortunately, he could not see anything along the journey even if he were not thrust into a potato sack, but he could imagine rolling green hills, kicking brown dust, and a brilliant blue sky.  He missed so many things, but strangely what he missed the most was colour.  One can only handle so much red and orange.

Finally, his liberator on the outside spoke as if to him, pleased of her actions and enjoying the thought of what was going on through the merchant's head.  Rufus shared in the moment, but not for long before he felt the tugging sensation he once hated but had so missed.  He plunged into the fiery vortex in the base of the lava lamp and appeared outside of it, tethered by a smokey trail and rubbing his eyes to witness the world's full beauty.

"I'M FREE!  I'M A FREE ELF!" shouted Rufus excitedly, twirling in joy before abruptly halting.  "Not that I am an elf or would like to be an elf.  No offense to any elves in the room."  He glanced around to find Rabiyu, and his face paled when he recognised her pointy ears.  "Oh, Brussels sprouts," he muttered, quickly attempting to change the subject.  "Salutations to the lucky bearer of my vessel, namely you, young mistress in employ of royal princelings!  I am Rufus Contralto, genie of this lamp.  Your humble servant may grant you whatever wish milady desires--to a degree, anyway, and there are limitations, but hey! who's counting those, right?--so feel free to speak your mind and unleash your imagination!  It will be the least I could do for saving me from years of ridicule and lonesomeness.  So . . . lonesome."

It took great effort to prevent himself from sniffling, instead tossing a hateful look at that squalid cage Rabiyu probably still held in her hand.

Rabiyu - Kilkes Seres Plaza (Flashback)

"I see. Phenomenal cosmic power, ity bity living space."
Those where Rabiyu's first words to the now free Genie.
"My name is Eliltari of the Calaquendi," She said, "An Elf of the Light, so to speak. Or Rabiyu, my name among the other tribes if you so wish. A pleasure to make your acquaintance."
The High Elf then looked at the Genie and shook her head.
"I do not have a wish nor do I see the necessity for one. I only wanted to help you get away from that awful person which had your...um...lamp."
Rabiyu looked at the now empty lamp then back at Rufus.
"Perhaps I could use my wish to vanquish this petty excuse of a prison?" Rabiyu asked. "Something tells me that you would be more satisfied if it ceased to exist."

Edited by Elrandir

Manel Fienna, Sondon, present

Manel was feeling much more comfortable than she had the night before. Whether that was her armor or the lack of abhorrent nobility to please was uncertain, although she expected it was a mix. The Lady quickly looked over her equipment as she waited for the other warriors to arrive and for final preparations, her thoughts traveling back to the conversation she had had the night before.

Manel Fienna, Sondon, flashback

"Work is fine." As fine as work could be, considering what her job was, at any rate. "There have a few more advances from Galvrok, mostly smaller parties." There was no need to explain to Draksis the implications of scouts in preparation for a larger army. He had taught her that tactic himself. She smiled. The poor fools had made excellent training for her Calvary. But the Dreadnaught, though... "I'm afraid to say I have had no news of the traitor since he was sighted in Fleuris a month ago." Something still didn't feel quite right, though.

Manel Fienna, Sondon, present

She still couldn't quite put her finger on it. Too many things didn't line up with the stories and the facts of the Dreadnaught, and she couldn't help but feel she was missing something very important. Oh well, there was no use putting much thought to that dirty traitor beyond his capture and execution.

~Erica, Mountains near Mystras, fighting a horde of angry Ogres~

Well that was sudden. One minute she was chilling out looking out for the monsters and stuff...the next moment there is a damn Ogre right behind her. 

The Ogre knocked her back, Erica springing into action and breaking her fall with a gust of wind. 

"How did you get passed me?!" she then yelled at the Ogre, it just looking at her like she was stupid or something. 

Prince Jynn woke up and kind of freaked out at what was going on, him springing into action...Rabiyu fighting in as well. Then Braxter came out...only to attract the attention of another Ogre and it knocking him back. 

Braxter quickly took revenge on the Ogre though...it was almost rather funny.

Erica lift herself up with a gust of wind, floating there for a second and looking the Orge that approached her in the eyes. 

"Well I am sorry we disturbed your sleep~" Erica giggled as she drew daggers from what seemed like the wind she conjured. The daggers were pitch-black and looked like they were made from fog. 
She then propelled one into the Ogre's eye, it going right into the poor things pupil. 

"Bullseye!" the fey exclaimed, the Orge lifting its arm as to slap Erica down from the sky. She moved over just a bit and the thing missed. How pathetic. 

"You guys are slow." she complained, the Orge stepping fowards to get closer to Erica, the moment the giant thing lift his foot, Erica dropped her flight and with the moment she hit the ground, let a gust of wind up, it catching the Orge by surprise.

The Orge fell down with a crash, Erica zooming over to where its head is and conjuring more daggers. 

"I have never fought something like you before!" she had a tone of happiness in her voice and it was almost disturbing.

It was probably best she just scared the thing instead of killing it. 

Jynn Venas - Mountains near Mystras

Jynn then uses the opportunity to finish off the stunned ogre with one of his more powerful attacks. A bright purple orb of powerful voltage radiates at the top of his sword. He then swings his sword vertically, sending the orb at the ogre's feet. The ogre is no longer stunned and notices this. Unaware of the purple streaks of electricity running from toe to head, the ogre assumes that Jynn missed and begins to taunt him. Suddenly, the streaks then explode, releasing so much voltage, the ogre's body could not take it anymore. The creature falls to the ground, lifeless.

Jynn then notices Rabiyu and Baxter fighting a couple of the ogres. Two ogres are dead, six to go. Suddenly, an ogre swings it's club at Jynn, sending him flying. However, Jynn recovers in midair. His sword's blade begins to heat up drastically, turning the blue blade to red-gold. A bright beam of lightning radiates across Jynn's left hand. It then forges a sword of solid electricity. He then aims his swords behind him and they fire two powerful orbs, sending the fey forward and towards the ogre. He then slashes the ogre with his real sword, burning a large gash across the ogre's chest, and then trips the creature with his forged blade.

"I see. Phenomenal cosmic power, ity bity living space."

Those where Rabiyu's first words to the now free Genie.

"My name is Eliltari of the Calaquendi," She said, "An Elf of the Light, so to speak. Or Rabiyu, my name among the other tribes if you so wish. A pleasure to make your acquaintance."

The High Elf then looked at the Genie and shook her head.

"I do not have a wish nor do I see the necessity for one. I only wanted to help you get away from that awful person which had your...um...lamp."

Rabiyu looked at the now empty lamp then back at Rufus.

"Perhaps I could use my wish to vanquish this petty excuse of a prison?" Rabiyu asked. "Something tells me that you would be more satisfied if it ceased to exist."

- Rufus Contralto, flashing back to Kilkes Seres Plaza -

Rufus looked at the girl in interest and surprise.  She was one who had it all seemingly figured out, not having any wish on her mind at all for her own gain.  Instead, she was willing to wish freeing him from his torture chamber.  That was a first, but if there was anything that Rufus gained over the years it was sagacity.  Sure, his head was full of holes like Swiss cheese, but intelligence and wisdom were two very different attributes.

"Verily I would be satisfied with removing this monochrome blot on the multiverse, but nigh powerless would I be in the end.  A curse has been set on me beyond wishing magic.  I cannot be djinni nor man upon its destruction until I am free of it.  So said that darn New Ager who cursed me long ago in the language of"--he shuddered--"hippies.  Alas!  Please tell that the fad of mullets and smelling of barn scrapings died down or I would wish my own destruction!"

He looked at her again from head to toe to discern whether she was a hippie, but thankfully he was safe there.  She looked far more attractive in her current wardrobe than in lace boho garb and flip-flops.  He decided to change the topic.

"No, you know it not, but you will need the wish.  Save my freedom for your second wish . . . if you ever get a second wish."

--Curvis--Sondon--

It was a wonder as to whether anyone else in the room would detect the infatuation that Curvis had for the assassin, his chin propped in his hands as he watched her intently.  In fact, it took Curvis a moment to realize that Raleigh hadn't even touched her cheesecake.  A look of concern washed over his face upon this, getting ready to seize the plate from her.  "Oh, forgive me, my lady!  Do you have a dairy allergy, perhaps, or a distaste for the cake of cheese?  If you will it, I would be more than happy to fetch you something else from the banquet table."

Before he could dart off, however, he was mildly taken aback by Raleigh's sudden words, perhaps the very first that had been uttered in his direction!  The soldier blinked, before recognition finally lit his eyes and died somberly.  "Ah, yes.  General Sourati was my late father, serving his Royal Highness for over 30 years.  He was a great man and one which I admire heavily.  Perhaps you knew him firsthand?"

- Raleigh Marin, flashing back to the Sondon feast and currently attending the Phoenix's maiden voyage -

Raleigh shook her head stiffly, but her eyes slumped and veered down towards the plate of cheesecake.  It was not hunger that drove her to do this, but regret.

"I met him only in a brief passing, shortly before his death and long before I heard his name.  He seemed a likeable fellow, and trusting and wise.  Had I not been caught up in my adventures, perhaps we would have met longer, but my directives in the West could not wait.  My being here is a rare situation of my staying in place for more than a day, and tomorrow it shall be business as usual."

She stole a glance back towards the young man and heaved a light sigh of irritation.  Voicing her thoughts like that were dangerous, especially if Curvis were not who he appeared to be.

"So you are going with the expedition, I take it?  What draws you to the land above?  Mystery?  Excitement?  Perhaps adventure like myself?"

She drew her hands close to her mouth, perching them beneath her nose pensively.

Raleigh was, as per usual, on time and well-prepared when the maiden voyage was about to commence.  On board the vessel and keeping an eye on everyone from a safe distance, she went through her mental exercises and afterwards flexed her strong fingers, readying them for anything.

The life of an assassin required skill and finesse in every area, but perhaps the most important exercises were hand strength and hand-eye coordination.  Anything below par in battle could ruin her career or her life, and the same can be said for conversation.  She would not let her guard down like last night . . . or at least she hoped this was so.

Midnea caught her eye, as well as the soldier in red that trailed nearby.  She did not like their closeness, not one iota.  His appearance seemed like that of one possessed, so to speak, and not at all like what seemed to be the day prior.  What happened greatly interested her, and to secure the safety of the entire crew (and a hefty reward while she was at it) she had to keep an eye on the both of them.

(I will make another post about the Battle in the mountain in the morning.)

Rabiyu - Mountains near Mystras (Present Time)

(Flashback)

- Rufus Contralto, flashing back to Kilkes Seres Plaza -

Rufus looked at the girl in interest and surprise.  She was one who had it all seemingly figured out, not having any wish on her mind at all for her own gain.  Instead, she was willing to wish freeing him from his torture chamber.  That was a first, but if there was anything that Rufus gained over the years it was sagacity.  Sure, his head was full of holes like Swiss cheese, but intelligence and wisdom were two very different attributes.

"Verily I would be satisfied with removing this monochrome blot on the multiverse, but nigh powerless would I be in the end.  A curse has been set on me beyond wishing magic.  I cannot be djinni nor man upon its destruction until I am free of it.  So said that darn New Ager who cursed me long ago in the language of"--he shuddered--"hippies.  Alas!  Please tell that the fad of mullets and smelling of barn scrapings died down or I would wish my own destruction!"

He looked at her again from head to toe to discern whether she was a hippie, but thankfully he was safe there.  She looked far more attractive in her current wardrobe than in lace boho garb and flip-flops.  He decided to change the topic.

"No, you know it not, but you will need the wish.  Save my freedom for your second wish . . . if you ever get a second wish."

The High Elf was slightly amused by the behavior of this Djinni. Or perhpas it was the lack of interaction since the last century.
"I see," she said. "I shame really, but there is wisdom on your words. I shall save that wish for a later time then. I just hope I don't have a need for it. Immortality is more fun that way."
She nodded to herself and smiled before putting the lamp inside her cloak were it disappeared.
"I will keep it safe for the time being if you don't mind. Perhaps there could be a use for it at a later time. "
Rabiyu looked at the sky, directly towards the direction of Mystras.
"I must say, It has been a strange meeting, Master Contralto," Rabiyu said while slowly rising in midair, "but I am afraid that I must bid you farewell. The Prince of Kilkes Seres is flying towards Mystras on an important mission and I must catch up with him and the rest of the group."
The Elf turned to look at the Djinnin once again.
"Perhaps you could come with me. The more the merrier, as they say."

Edited by Elrandir