Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

{Mariel: Isopolis; Back in time!}

Mariel took in a deep breath after the time spell deposited the party back in time. Elia and Henry had done it! She had had her doubts, but there was nothing to lose and everything to gain.

“And could be lost again.” The icy thought stormed through her mind.

Her eyes fixed on Yevgeni, her muscles tensed to launch herself at him should the elf choose treachery once again. But he kept his word, speaking to Nergal before calling on the source. The angel gave Yengeni a lingering look. He had done well, but his part in this disaster was not easily forgotten. 

She moved on to the next threat. Her eyes sought out Odin, though she found some of her comrades were seeing to him. 

“Enough, Odin!” Mariel snapped. “This is about more than mere vengeance. Your son knows this. Your wife would have as well. So, step back and think.”

She hoped her former charge wasn’t too far gone to take the rebuke to heart, the last sentence a common phrase she would use on a young Odin when he had been too reckless in training. Still, she moved so that she could go after Odin or Nergal, should they try anything. She gave the assassin a warning glare, her eyes faintly glowing red.

“I echo the request of my friends and comrades.” She called out to the five interconnected beings. “We beg that the world below and those lost in its destruction be returned.”

- Nergal, the Queenslayer - Isopolis, City of Isolation -

As he was not present when the decision to travel back in time was made, Nergal was as he was before his merging with the traitor, Odin One-Eye: Standing with Yevgeni, ready to act on the elf's word at a moments notice. Something did feel different in the air and the auras of all who stood before and beside him...a unified stillness, before a gentle hand fell upon Nergal's shoulder, eliciting a soft gasp before he looked to the one in question, Yevgeni and listened intently. His praise was met with a modest gaze from Nergal, but then Yevgeni said something bewildering: Their quest would not end in the favour of the pair and that whatever happened next, Nergal should trust Yevgeni.

"My friend...I trust you implicitly. Say the word and I will do as you ask. I, admit I am a little taken aback, but I trust your judgement. Make it so."

Nergal affirmed, never breaking eye contact with Yevgeni as he spoke, his expression stern and sincere with the words and tone to match, then watching as Yevgeni beckoned the Source to hear their plight, with many voices speaking at his request.

In a truly unexpected move however, Prince Jynn Venas suddenly lunged for Odin-One Eye and faceplanted him into the ground, enraging the supposed Lord of Mystras who was soon bound by Helios in Snake form. All the while, Yevgeni's call allowed others to pipe up and express their desire for the World Below to be restored and all lives lost brought back in doing so. Nergal would've been lying if he said he wasn't shocked, but he was not angry...his friendship with Yevgeni wouldn't allow it. But more than anything, he was more confused.

"Raiden...is Odin, as Mariel called him? Jynn, speaks of trouble the man has yet to cause, but wholeheartedly believes he will be the one to make such ill events come to pass...? What did he plan on doing with that Source, I wonder? I am confused, I am ashamed to admit, Yevgeni...but, I still stand with you...as for Odin...perhaps they require assistance?"

- Soren Monroe, The Sentinel, Human Form - Isopolis, City of Isolation - Back in Time -

"They have plenty..." Soren uttered in a half-conscious reply to Nergal, swinging with the base of his ignited Blade of Cinder at the back of Odin's legs to knock him down, but not cut his legs off, followed with an elbow, reinforced temporarily with his demonic form's rock skin, to the back of the head, as to help disable him further and would attempt to restrain his head in a headlock, while his eyes glowed in preparation to transform fully should the need arise.

"Heed me, Source, for I too wish for the restoration of the Human World and all that were lost to live again!" He bellowed, silently hoping that Yevgeni wouldn't use this as a chance to backstab them, though the unpredictability of Nergal was something to worry about overall, even has he proclaimed his trust in the elf and stood down. Aside from this, he could only wonder what all of this would mean for the recently deceased Ahriman...would his wish still apply? Would he return in due time despite what they were doing here?

Only time would tell, but for now, Soren knew their primary concern was not allowing Odin to claim the Source for himself.

- Odin, quite possibly the shortest post I've ever made -

Odin wrestled with Helios, fighting to get free while keeping his hands from attempting to cut down the group of traitorous individuals that dared to jump him in a unified manner.  If it were not for the words of Mariel that rang in his ears, he may have continued his efforts of dislodging himself, but the phrase he often heard from his senior, friend, and mentor all in one clung to him.  He wrinkled his nose, finding the rebuke repugnant, but there was some truth to her words, he felt.  Something was off, very off, and he wondered if it was not because of Yevgeni after all.  What if, for whatever reason, they were correct?

The trip and afterwards clobbering to his neck was unnecessary, but he suffered it anyways, probably because Helios was coiled around his neck like a beautiful scaly scarf and blocked the blow well enough.  Quite irritated by Soren, and having more than his fill of annoyance, he snarled, "ENOUGH!  Explain what is going on, or I will fight back against your cowardice.  Imagining I would challenge this unified wish is a foolish mistake, so leave me be."

Jynn Venas

The prince had enough of his father’s struggles. He had no choice but to reveal what is going on, but still holds him down.  “Fine. I’ll enlighten you. As absurd as this sounds, we came back from the future. We’ve seen the events that were about to unfold had we not stopped you. You went haywire, you betrayed us. You struck down Henry, and took the Source for your own purposes.” Jynn looks towards Nergal, recalling the events. “As soon as you activated the Source, you somehow fused with the queenslayer into a merciless monster, clouded by the thought of giving the worlds a new start, you wanted to destroy the Overworld, believing you could stop future wars. But we managed to stop you, but we could not restore the world below. That is why we had to traverse back in time.”

Jynn looks down to Odin, snarling. “And I’m sure that idea is still in your mind. Henceforth, we cannot allow you to get your hands on the Source of All Life again.”

Edited by Endless Thundaga

-Eclaire, Xion, and Rhea-

Rhea yelped as she fell on her butt. "Wow that worked." Genuinely, she was impressed. She got up though, with a hand up from Xion. They turned. "We wish for the world below to be restored, the lives lost returned." They nodded.

Eclaire was like lightning. The moment she had her senses, as Yevgeni called forth the Source, she flashed before him, facing Nergal. Should he attempt anything, she would strike without a sense of mercy, the Wish for Power not yet faded. She let everyone speak first...because....she didn't trust herself. She didn't trust herself to throw herself at the feet of the Source and beg for Shiva, to beg so selfishly for the woman she had fallen for...but Odin, screaming about his wife, caused her feline ears to lay flat. She had no right. Shiva may have loved her...but it was not her request to make.

She was at peace...and...and Eclaire could not use her as a crutch. She couldn't always think of her. To do that would be akin to betraying her wishes, her memory. She had been given a second chance at life, a new view. Sight unburdened. But. It was not her request to make.

And so, she half-turned to the Source, the five figures.

"Whatever Jynn, Rightful Heir to the Throne of Kilkis Seres requests, weigh my word with his. I...I cannot ask for anything." She closed her eyes, then turned back to watch Nergal, the silver sword, named after the Queen he killed raised at him. "Move for the source, Queenslayer, and I shall run you through with her name." She promised. And at that, Eclaire felt silent...for she did not trust her mouth to stay still, her heart to stay calm, and her passion to remain tempered.

((Half-post time to push things along in a positive manner.))

- Odin -

The one-eyed man glared at Jynn back, his look becoming more and more quizzical as time went on.  The story seemed entirely far-fetched to him, ludicrous, even, but if everyone else had targeted him then it probably meant that it was the truth, or that it was for some other manner.  Furthermore, they spoke of his thought of giving the worlds a new start in favour of a new utopian society, a secret idea that he never told anyone, and one that crossed his mind when he took into consideration the Source of All Life.  Could it be that this was so, that this future gone haywire actually happened?

Looking over to Mariel, speculation written all over his face, he voiced, "Mariel, is what the prince is saying true about this . . . alternate me?"

Next, he waited expectantly, almost assured of the answer.

- Helios & Arthur Remnants - /w everyone else - Once again; Isopolis -

Helios would listen to Odin complaint plenty. His snake head would slowly sneak his head against Odin's head, sticking out his snake tongue a few times before leaning against his cheek. "He speaks the truth, sire. Physically our bodies remain intact as it would before your actions. But mentally, we are already exhausted and scarred of what we have witnessed and suffered. It is not an alternate you. It is a possibility, one that we have almost died to prevent, and we are not very keen on risking it as we speak. Therefor, with all due respect, sire, I will remain as a fashionable restraint jacket until we can make sure that the Source of Life is genuinely safe and away from you." Helios explained, his tail wagging lightly before tilting his head to the side. "I have stared death at the door, spat on it, and have proceeded to give the middle finger to the god and broken the laws of Shapeshifting and metamorphism, and I shall remain. Bite me or stab me and I will turn into a whale without a single ounce of regret." Helios said. He sounded very tired, but mostly, he just wanted to make sure that they would get getting out of this one alive.

{Mariel: Isopolis}

Mariel gave Jynn a warning look as he began to explain to Odin what had been. With a lot of the details of Odin's actions and Ahriman's birth hazy in Mariel's mind due to the Sanguis Vindicta's influence, she wished to get things straight before trying to deal with her former pupil. Speaking too soon without knowing his mind might trigger the same result. But the young prince let the cat out of the bag, leaving the angel with little options aside from carefully watching Odin's reaction. 

"Yes." Mariel answered after a moment hesitation. "Whatever your intentions to begin with were, the result was madness and destruction. We were left in a situation where the risk of time travel was the better option."

The Source of All Life listened to the requests of each, gaze shifting from Eclaire to Mariel, Helios and Aura.  The face of a young woman turned in Jynn's direction.  Its eyes were a myriad of green, blue, and gold, with pupils that were nonexistent.  "Fey and humankind are such odd beings," it said offhandedly.  "First you seek to destroy, and now you wish to revive?  Such is the course of fey and humans ever since the dawn of time.  It always has been, and it always will be–"

"And yet"–a deeper, masculine voice sounded, the speaker seeming to come from another visage of the source–"you would desire to restore that which has been lost, to repeat the cycle once more?"

"It always has been," said a third, "and always will be.  We must abide by our laws and grant that which they request, regardless of the foolishness behind their actions."

It spoke as though their words were justified, regardless of whether it insulted those around.  One visage of the Source, its eyes slanted and wide with a triangular face, turned toward Henry, seeming thoughtful.

"It would seem that someone has not yet voiced his desire," it said, beckoning Henry forward.  "There is something burning within you to say, and yet you still your tongue.  Come forth and speak, else we shall restore that which has been lost and return to our sleep."

------

Meanwhile, Everyth withdrew her longsword, blocking Soren's attack upon Helios and Odin.  "Are you mad?!" Everyth cried out.  "What are you doing?  We are working with him!"

It was then that Jynn explained that they had traversed time, to which Everyth's brow pinched in a frown.  "I do not believe it," she said, stepping forward.  "For if it were true, why do I have no memory of this?"  She turned upon each face quizzically.  It seemed that they were all in on this "traveling from the future" thing, and yet wouldn't she be as well?  How could they all speak the same note, if it were not true?

Across the room Yevgeni's eyes turned toward Odin and those holding him, a bemused smile playing upon his lips as he watched Odin struggle against his friends.  Perhaps he did not desire the Source for himself yet, though Yevgeni found it difficult to believe.  What could have swayed him, if not for his sacrifice?

He had lost.  They had won.  His years of trying, plotting, and planning were wasted.

I have failed you, father.  My king.  I am so very sorry.  Forgive me.

Yevgeni's gaze shifted to the floor, warmth welling up in his eyes as though tears threatened to rupture.  Never would he see Veriti again, nor Shiva, the other sister whom he'd killed in order to gain this chance.  This moment.  What a waste of life; even if he did not see eye-to-eye with the late queen, he still did care for her, even marginally.

"Thank you, Nergal," he said without glancing this way.  "I know that I have promised you much, the reward of the Source of All Life being among them, and yet sadly I have taken that away.  As the prince says, we have returned from an alternate future, one which I do not wish upon you or any of us."

((Sorry for the swift posting; here is another half-post to conclude things with Odin.))

- Odin -

Odin could not help but smirk at Helios' blasphemous remarks and tired threats, curious to see if his words will bring down divine judgement sooner or later, as well as being fully confident in his own abilities to strike faster than others can react.  However, he was reluctant to do anything but stay his hand.  Thousands of years of life did him service as he shelved his irritation and focused on the more important information from both Helios and Mariel.  It seemed that he had enacted his plan and things went horribly awry, and this confirmation from three individuals of varying loyalties affirmed the situation.

"I see," he sighed, relaxing his muscles.  "My intentions were for the greater good.  However, without my garnered wisdom to guide them, thanks to that demanding fell white being, all attempts to change the world's path this way will fail.  I"--he stiffened again militarily and breathed out a laboured breath--"concede, and leave the wishing to you."

It was a sizable pill to swallow, the accumulated experience from dozens of years of meticulous weavings of ideas being tossed aside, but swallow it he did.  He did not know what would happen to the Source after the wish had been fully decided upon and made, but it would likely take centuries or millennia before a chance like this existed again, should he ever decide to follow this path again with more potent planning.  While he had a long natural life ahead of him, that was far too long to watch a flawed world destroy itself.

As the Source spoke, he gazed on towards it, then to Henry, on whom it seemed to focus its attention.  What did the adamant human want that the Source identified?  He himself did not know, and he onlooked through his snaky binds.

Edited by Vaude

- Soren Monroe, The Skeptical Sentinel - Isopolis, City of Isolation -

Any attack plan Soren had was immediately thrown to the wayside by the unexpected interruption by Everyth, utterly shocking him to his core with a sharp gasp as she stopped his blade in its tracks. "E-Everyth...?!" He called out, standing down immediately and taking a few moments to attempt to recompose, unable to believe his eyes considering...past events.

"I, had no idea you were still--" Soren began, cutting himself off, briefly half-covering his mouth, then holding his chest softly, slightly bowing as he tried to find the right words. "Forgive me...but, you don't remember because...you weren't present." He went on, choking on his words almost, but he kept speaking nevertheless. "...in the previous timeline, you sacrificed yourself to bring life to a dying Henry..." Then Soren sighed deeply, looking her in the eyes. "You died, Everyth." He concluded, but almost immediately afterwards Soren felt regret and sorrow in his heart, squeezing his eyes shut as he looked away in shame. "I'm sorry..." Shaking his head as he did, Soren forced himself to put those feelings aside, at least for now, looking to Nergal and then Odin, suddenly seeming angry.

"I could not stand by and allow that future to happen again. That's why I helped Helios with subduing Odin...yet, now he concedes...and I cannot believe it, not for a second...but, for your sake, amongst others, I will stand down." Soren sternly spoke, visibly calming down as he went on, sheathing his Blade of Cinder, huffing as he was still mentally worn out. "I just hope neither he nor Nergal make us regret this mercy."

- Nergal, the Queenslayer, the Loyal - Isopolis, City of Isolation -

The Visages of the Source were fascinating to Nergal, being surprisingly present representations of an ancient power and all. Eclaire's warning caught his eye, where he simply looked at her for a few seconds, before exhaling through his nose and softly nodding in acknowledgement, unable to really express what he really was thinking in the moment that a vengeful Eclaire threatened his life with a weapon created in remembrance of the woman he ended the life of...

What really perplexed Nergal was his immediate notice of Yevgeni's tears, immediately looking in his direction as he then began addressing Nergal amidst his sorrow, expressing his want for Nergal to be spared from the dreadful future they had just returned from. From what was spoken, from talks of a merciless monster being born from Odin and himself merging together, nearly destroying everything and necessitating a return to the past to prevent it and restore the World Below, topped off with Yevgeni thanking Nergal for his loyalty and adherence to the request to stand down, the Queenslayer felt several surges of emotion in the space of a few seconds...

Sympathy as he saw Yevgeni's tears fall.

Dread as he imagined what would happen if the monster had been created a second time.

Irritation as he couldn't quite work out the next feeling...but this would give way fairly quickly as it hit him:

Regret.

Regret...regret.

With a shaken gasp, Nergal fell to his knees, as a crushing realization fell upon him.

"This...t-this future, you speak of...it, was all because of...of me...!"

Yevgeni would not be alone in the shedding of tears, as Nergal too wept for the first time in his life, brushing away the tears in confusion at first, but he soon shook his head, struggling to suppress these feelings.

"It all started when I killed Queen Shiva...and in the end, her death got us nowhere...and...and you mourn...and I..."

Nergal could not speak any further, choking on his words completely for a few long moments, feeling as if he had let his friend down and wasted the life of a Queen just to learn that he would've became a monster and killed his one and only companion for five millennia without a second thought, were it not for their time travel. Bringing himself to one knee, he pleadingly looked to the Elf, his eyes red from the grief.

"You averted this cruel future...that's enough for me. Thank you, my friend...and...and I'm...I'm sorry, Yevgeni."

Nergal concluded, his apology both for his outburst and for actions he technically hasn't committed, nor will he ever, wiping the tears away, but he did not rise from his kneel, instead he looked to Soren, then Eclaire and Jynn, taking a deep, still shaken breath.

"You know me as the Queenslayer...I do not expect forgiveness from any of you, nor will I ever. Shiva's death weighs heavy on my heart, as does the...the very idea that, because of such a transformation, I would kill my one and only friend in this world...just don't say anything to me, I already know what's on your minds...spare me the speeches. Just for this day..."

Nergal spoke with a heavy, solemn tone, basically begging that no one else speak up against him, remaining in a kneel to Yevgeni as he clutched his chest for the last few words.

- Aura, Rabiyu and Sifrei - Isopolis -

Aura looked towards Odin and those who were holding him, Helios included, but for some reason she felt somewhat guilty, maybe because the man hadn't done anything, yet.

"That is enough Sifrei, he said he will not do anything," She said while looking at the Archangel and making him lower his spear, "you don't have to worry about him. For now, at least."

The Archangel stared for a few seconds at Odin, the man who had fused with another to form a great danger to reality and, very deep down, he felt some hint of pity for him, or perhaps for the one that was destroyed. Meanwhile, Rabiyu kept looking between the Source and Yevgeni, everyone wanted the same, to restore the world below and the lives that were lost, but she was more interested in if Nergal would stop after what Yevgeni had said to him. She slowly made her way towards Yevgeni and Nergal, managing to listen what they were saying, Nergal's face giving away many different emotions in the span of a few seconds, but most noticeable was the hint of deep regret. She, however, was more surprised to find out tears on Yevgeni's eyes, he had sacrificed everything to reach his goal, only to be shown a future in which his plan had failed.

"We all made mistakes when all of this began. People lost their lives in this battle between humans and fey, between Kilkis Seres and Mystras, between those who wanted to keep the barrier and those who wanted to give humans a chance," she said calmly as she as she wiped Yevgeni's tears away, "we will have to live with those mistakes for the rest of our long lives, but that doesn't mean we cannot change. You are proof of that, you changed your mind and you helped make this possible. The world below the Sea of Clouds will be restored along with all the lives that were lost. I am glad that you changed your mind, I am glad that there is no more reason for us to fight."

She didn't really knew what to say to Yevgeni to make him feel even a little better, she was bad at getting close with others ever since she could remember, but she could see a lot of her in Yevgeni, especially the loneliness both of them carried inside, and so, if he needed someone to rely on, she would be there for him.

~Aqua: Isopolis: Guess Who's Back (Back Again)~

Aqua shook her head as she came to her senses. It was an odd sensation to be back in time. She couldn’t fully believe she was back in time. Many emotions filled her very being, fear, confusion, happiness, joy, more confusion. It was odd to her. She had expected Yev to still want the Source, yet he seemed to have given up on it for now. She wanted to know just what had happened while she had been unconscious, but it seemed as if she’d need to wait to learn it in full. For now, there were other things to attend too. A quiet sigh left her mouth as she realized the others were still going to use the Source. Aqua couldn't agree with the wish to bring the humans back, but she couldn't bring herself to say anything in disagreement. She couldn't bring herself to ruin such unity. So instead she busied herself with marveling about Elia's and Henry's time travel feat. 

- Alastor and Alicia - The End - 

Alastor looked as things progressed after leaving the time travel process, apparently his mind was sent back in time, enabling them to undo everything that was done without any paradoxes. Clever, still. The others were quick to grab and restrain Odin, who quickly surrendered after listening in to everyone's explanations of what he did, Nergal seemed to do so as well. Alastor still did not buy anything Odin was saying, not for a second, but before he could do much the Source of all life was activated and a omniscient being appeared, or at least their silhouette, as it spoke about the Feys nature and everything they had done. Alastor was silent, not wishing anything, letting the others make the wishes as they all agreed on the same, Alastor figured it'd be best not to wish for anything.

Alicia was much the same as Alastor, deciding not to wish for much, staying by Jynn's side as she waited for everyone else's wishes to be done.

- Typhon and Mikhail - The End -

Typhon, who was now sitting back in a chair made out of rubble of a nearby pillar was just looking at the feys and the humans making their wishes, joined in by Mikhail who was now drinking a healing potion as a beverage as they wathed everything unfold. "I really don't understand you Feys, doubt i'l ever will too." Typhon exclaimed, which caused a chuckle to come from Mikhail. 

"WHy won't you wish for your people back, Typhon?" Mikhail asked him, which caused Typhon a few seconds of silence. "My people have been dead for years now, I don't know if that would work, and besides...I think its better this way, we feys were in the hundreds, we would give it our all to save millions if we could..." Typhon solemnly spoke, sighing. Deciding to let the feys make their wish.

- Henry - The End -

As everyone made their wish to the source, and it responding in kind, soon enough turning towards him and contemplating his silence, was he ready for what he was about to wish? not even he knew anymore. So much had happened in so little time, and yet. Everyone had lost so much already.

"I..." Henry tried to word his wish, but found himself unable to even think of the words. Nevertheless his wish would most likely shock all others near him.

But as he thought, in the end, he smiled, a small chuckle chuckled escaping as he thought about his decision. "I know what I will ask is against everyone else here, but I do not wish for their wish to be ignored, in fact. I wish to make a trade..." Henry offered the source, much to the possible surprise and dismay of his companions. Looking back at each of them with a face of...acceptance? he turned back to the source's apparition. Closed his hands into fists and began to explain his wish.

"We have all lost so much, sacrificed a piece of ourselves to save a world that might not even appreciate us, that might not even aknowledge our efforts, we've all given up so much for the world below." Henry began.

"I am already a dead man, even should we leave here I will die in a few hours at most. No life force or anything to offer anymore other than...myselfwhat is left of my life...or...my existence if it means...that everyone's sacrifices would be returned to them." 

"I am not a good man, I've done so many horrible things, I killed dozens of defenseless people...I even killed Ariana, taking away Elia's sister from her, dragged others into their deaths, I do not deserve redemption ,but nevertheless I find myself asking you...no...begging you. Take my lif-no...my essence, all that I am. And return everyone's sacrifices back to them, I fully accept my death. Let me at least do something of good in my last moments...Please." Henry begged the source, his life, so that everyone can be returned what they've lost coming to the final room, his last gift to them all. 

Henry soon began coughing a lot, blood coming out of his mouth and into his hands as he covered his mouth, it was true, he was dying, this trade would be an all or nothing deal for him. He could die happy knowing that everyone else could leave without their sacrifices. 

"It is all that I can ask..." Henry spoke, looking directly at the source's apparition. Adamant about his request.

As he said it all, he knew the others would find him crazy, some might try to top him, but he had to do this. His death was already certain, but he would give what else he could in his last moments. Strangely...he felt at peace, as he spoke, a weird feeling of relief even. Everyone there deserved to continue their lives, to live and be happy. 

Edited by Scrapmaster

The woman's visage with hollow eyes bored into Henry, as though gazing through his very soul.  "How very interesting, indeed.  You would sacrifice what is left of your existence to spare your friends their parting gifts?"

"Humanity is curiouser yet," the masculine voice spoke, craning his neck to glance at Henry.

Henry's words were not taken as well by Elia, however, who screamed his name and bolted to his side, throwing her arms around his torso and burying her face into him.

"No, Henry, no!" she sobbed.  "There must be another way!  I would–I would choose never healing again, if it means that you could live!"  She withdrew her face from him, tears creating streaks along her dirty cheeks.  "We have come so far, done so much.  Please, don't do this!"

"Traditionally we would decline your request," the woman's voice interjected, ignoring Elia.  "We only fulfill one request, which is unified amongst you to restore that which has been lost below the sea of clouds.  However–"

"What you ask if of a different nature," spoke up the fifth voice, who had remained silent until now.  "For you see, we are Isopolis, and Isopolis is us.  You have bequeathed your sacrifices to obtain us, which under normal circumstances would be ours for eternity.  You seek to barter, however, your life for those sacrifices.  An act of selflessness, which we have not seen in many millennia."

"As such," the elderly woman continued, "we shall grant your request and return those lost gifts, provided that you will part ways with your body and soul."

Behold! the voices spoke in unison.

Slowly they rose, an eerie blue light emanating from within them, and above the twilight sky grew dark.  Stars twinkled overhead, though slowly they descended upon each party member, bearing the gifts that they had painstakingly bestowed upon Isopolis in order to get there.  Memories returned to those who lost them, bodies became whole, and healing and time were unwound.  Elia would feel her white magic return and spread through her fingertips, while she desperately clung to Henry.

"Please don't take him!" she cried out, though to no avail.  The Source of All Life was deaf to her, as it focused its energy and expanded a ring of light.  It spread out through Isopolis, creating a shockwave that rippled throughout the City of Isolation, bounding across the Overworld, and the rebirth of the World Below.

"The two worlds run parallel once more," it said.

"And now, we must return to our slumber–"

"Until another great calamity falls–"

"And we are summoned again–"

"You shall come with us," it said to Henry.  "For such is the exchange of your request."

With that, Henry would find himself enveloped in a blue light, momentarily seeming intwined with the Source of All Life, before it all faded away into nothingness, leaving the remaining party alone, in the City, under a sky streaked with stars.

(Character responses below; I just wanted to put them in a spoiler tab because this post was becoming rather long)

Spoiler

–Everyth–

The woman's vibrant violet gaze never left Soren's, disbelief written all over her face.

"I–" she paused, considering the story presented before her.  It seemed ludicrous, impossible even, and yet it all fit.  She would've indeed sacrificed her life for Henry if it were required, what with the half-life that she carried with her.  She hung her head, nodding before stepping aside.  "I had no idea," was her response.  "I believe you . . . ."

The weight of knowing she had perished in a previous timeline fell heavy upon her, causing her to remain silent throughout the rest of their exchange.  Finally she turned to Soren and said softly, "Don't apologize.  It was not your fault–there was nothing that you could have done.  We all knew the price of arriving here and knew that some of us would inevitably die.  I am only relieved that it seems we are given a second chance to right things."  She offered him a gentle smile, before her gaze shifted toward Henry, Elia, and the Source of All Life, and what was about to happen therein.

–Yevgeni–

It surprised him to find Rabiyu wiping away his tears, tears that he did not realize he had.  Apart of him wanted to wrench away from her touch, and yet another part of him desired to embrace her.  He didn't know what to feel about any of it anymore, his gaze carefully averting hers as she spoke.

"It was the right thing to do," he murmured at last.  "I am in no need of recognition, nor praise, though your words are touching . . . thank you, Eli.  That you regard me so is . . . well, it means something to me."  He straightened himself, finally able to meet her eyes without cringing.  They reflected himself, and something more.  In them was pain, buried deep within, and something else he could not quite decipher and yet he so greatly wished to.  Perhaps if there were more time, perhaps if their situation were different.

And then Nergal broke down, the realization hitting him far harder than it had the elf.  For a moment Yevgeni could only watch him, startled, as he apologized profusely to himself and those around him.  He stood there, uncertain of what to do, before finally kneeling before Nergal and offering him a hand to lift him to his feet.

"There now, do not take all the credit," he said.  "It was I that sent you to murder the queen, and I have employed you to commit these atrocious acts that you speak of, for what I believed was for the good of the realm and to fulfill the promise to my late father, King Alexander.  You served me loyally, Nergal, and for that you shall have my eternal gratitude.  However, do not take the blame so heartily, as it is I that am the truly guilty party among us all.  Had I not devised the destruction of the World Below, the death of Shiva, and the recreation of the Source of All Life, what had transpired would not have come to pass."  He turned his head, unable to look at Nergal as he spoke his next words, which came in barely more than a whisper.  "If anyone should be apologizing, it is I to you.  You deserve a better friend than I, Nergal, and a brighter future.  You would do yourself a favor to spit at my feet and never look at me again, and seek out someone who can serve you well to bond with.  Not I."

Before much else could be exchanged, however, the Source of All Life bequeathed its parting gifts, both to them and the world below, disappearing and taking Henry as the price for their returned sacrifices.  With it, his pride had returned, his senses of humility being blotted to near nonexistence.

"We should go," he said, gazing straight ahead and disengaging from both Nergal and Rabs.  "The Source of All Life has kept its word, though I cannot acclaim to how trustworthy it is.  Soren"–he turned to the demon, who stood nearest to Odin–"what do you know of this City of Isolation?  Can you escort us out?"

Spoiler

Helios would slowly allow himself to slide off Odin, releasing his grip on the monarch before sliding across the ground. He would slowly morph back into Fey form, on one knee as he would look up, witnessing Isopolis as a whole. When Henry offered all he had left as his sacrifice; Helios' head would perk up, eyes wide. "NO!" Not him! He had already given his all for a war that was never meant to even happen! Not him! But he remained quiet, merely listening. "No..." He whispered, shaking his head. "Henry! Henry!" He called, stumbling onto his feet as he ran to him. Right by Elia, he would drop down, placing his hands on Henry as he grasped at his shoulders. "You can't do this! You have already sacrificed so much! You have given up everything! You can't leave!" He begged, watching him. "We promised we would go see your home once it was all over...remember?" His voice was broken. But teh choice had already been made. There was no going back. Isopolis had accepted. Helios shook his head, wrapping his arms around him alongside Elia, burying his face against his shoulder. Warm tears blurred his vision, his grip only tightening as he could feel the force of power surging from the holy beings. "Henry..." What could he possibly say? Thank you for saving me? Thank you for being there to believe in me? Thank you for fighting alongside me? Thank you for showing me how to love humanity again? He felt the shockwave rock the whole city across. The light was blinding, but his eyes remained open onto Henry, watching what remained of his form. He leaned up, pressing his forehead against his as he looked at him in his eyes. Heartbreak, sorrow, and yet, Helios gave him the warmest smile he could muster. What could he possibly say to a dying man? A last goodbye? A sorrowful don't go? Helios smiled, hugging him again once more, trying to memorize everything of him in the last few seconds as the blue light enveloped him.

"Thank you, Henry, for teaching me to live again. For everything, and beyond."

And like that, he was gone, Isopolis taking him with them. Helios' arms would collapse into nothing, finding himself holding onto thin air. It didn't hit him at the first few seconds. He just stared in a gaze, silence following as the wish was granted at the given cost. He moved his hands back, staring down at the spot where he once was. He was gone. For a single moment those memories seemed to overwhelm him, and the cost of it all...suddenly seemed to have been all that it could possibly take. Helios sobbed, slowly pressing his hands against the floor, tear drops staining the tile beneath. How could a hero so brave, and so selfless, be given such a cruel end? He sacrificed absolutely everything...and there was nothing that they could give back to him. Helios breathed, before letting out a painful scream, just letting out the sorrow out of him. He didn't hold back. What was there to hold back any longer? He cried. He openly cried, sobbing like a heartbroken child. That was all he could do as he knelt, his heart wrenching sobs echoing in Isopolis. Helios could feel his sobs aching through his chest, the realization hitting him hard. They had done it. They had won. But was the cost worth it? Most likely. Yes. But it didn't mean it didn't hurt. It didn't mean that the sacrifices that had been made wouldn't be yearned for, missed, mourned. They had done it...and as the weight would fall off their shoulders, sorrow and mourning finally broke them. They could finally rest. They could finally mourn in peace. At least for now.

Arthur would remain quiet, lowering his head before glancing back up at the starry sky. "Henry." He spoke, before looking around. Athena. He would carefully approach the princess, not touching her. He wouldn't dare to bring harm to her in such a way. He wouldn't risk it that way. "Athena." He spoke. "I am so sorry, my dear." His voice cracked with the static, the figure of what was once Arthur shifting in between reality. "But I am so glad...we have restored home and our people once more..."

- Aura, Rabiyu and Sifrei - Isopolis -

Aura had been busy with preventing Sifrei from attacking Odin, but once he gave up the Archangel relaxed, and Aura took this as a sign to not worry anymore, but that was not meant to be, not when she heard Henry's and the Source's voice just as she recalled the faces of both her mother and brother. This couldn't be, he wouldn't dare, not when they had saved the worlds. Aura quickly turned around just in time to see Elia embracing Henry, she felt glued to the ground but she was also moving towards Henry and the young fairy at a quick pace.

"No...No! You can't do this! You can't! We won and we saved the worlds from Ahriman!" Aura yelled as she stopped in front of Henry and began to hit his arm over and over, "Don't you dare to do this now. I have already lost two people who I loved, please, don't become the third."

Aura was currently looking to the ground in order to hide the sadness in her face, and to hide the tears that were now coming down her cheeks. Why was it that she had to lose those she loved as her family. It was not fair. It was simply not fair.

Sifrei was looking towards Aura at this point, and now, he felt pain in his chest. Not physical pain, but pain nonetheless. Ever since they had arrived to this particular place he had been unable to say anything, as he didn't feel anything, but now that his sacrifice had been returned, he felt sadness for Aura and also Henry.

"Sacrifices have been made in order to regain that which was lost, whether it was the world below and the lives lost, or our own personal sacrifices to the Forbidden Shrine," Sifrei said calmly, "What has happened here must not happen again. It must be prevented from happening once more."

"You are not alone in this, Yevgeni, remember that. No matter how, no matter when," Rabiyu said as she looked at Yevgeni into his eyes, "whenever you need someone, I will be there. I will not let you suffere alone, you don't deserve that."

Something inside her heart told her that Yevgeni would understand what was buried inside her own heart, whether it was pain, loneliness, sadness or despair, there were things that Rabiyu wanted to tell Yevgeni, things from the bottom of her heart, and her lips parted for a moment, clearly ready to come clean, but from one reason or another, she felt that it was something that was better left unsaid. This was not the place nor the time, after all.

Yevgeni's focus then changed to Nergal, his companion, and Rabiyu looked towards her own comrades, that's when she saw Sifrei in the distance and Aura punching Henry's arm. Even when she had been speaking with Yevgeni she had listened to what Henry Hansees had done, what he had given in order to regain that which was lost to all of them. Her happy memories were back, but the cost had been great. She began to walk towards Henry, Elia and Aura, and stopped just a few meters away.

"You have made such a great sacrifice for the sake of those present here, Henry Hansees, even though it was not something that needed to be done. You have shown us your selflessness, and your interest to help the rest of us at the cost of your own existence," Rabiyu said as she looked at Henry square in the eyes, "may the Pale Mistress bless you and, hopefully, the Source allows you to find your way beyond the Divine Gate. Your sacrifice will be remembered by all of us."

- Soren Monroe, The Sentinel, Human Form - Isopolis, City of Isolation: Henry's Final Sacrifice -

In response to Everyth's words, Soren could only reciprocate a soft smile in return, though unconsciously, a tear fell down the side of his face, without him even noticing. Then, something truly unthinkable happened...something tragic. Something beautiful. Something noble. Something...horrific. Henry offered himself to Isopolis, the remnants of his life, his existence, in order to give back the sacrifices everyone had to make in order to enter the City of Isolation, to return what was lost to them, but at a terrible cost...the loss of a noble, truly admirable human.

Soren's eyes widened at this prospect, but inside he knew it would be futile to reason with him...yet he did anyway. "Henry, no! No!! Don't do this! Not you...!" He called out in vain, knowing that Henry was going to die anyway did nothing to alleviate his desperate grief. In a surprising act, the Spirits of the Source, Isopolis Itself, accepted Henry's selfless proposal, then enacted their deed to the Worlds in a blinding display of light and power, restoring the World Below. Soren could almost feel it, though he would also notice a star twinkling and falling to his now extended hand. Just as it made contact, it erupted into a brilliant glow of light, before softly fading to reveal the Frost Sapphire Necklace he had given up, in his palm, the chain wrapped around his hand as if to affirm its realness to him. Soren clutched it softly as he watched Henry and the Source's Spirits depart from sight in a blue light...leaving them all to grieve for Henry and celebrate their costly victory.

"Henry...is gone..." Soren softly stated to himself, but soon he took a deep breath and huffed, slowly unraveling the necklace's chain from his hand and putting it around his neck, clipping it in place, the Frost Sapphire slightly glowing as it settled upon his chest plate. His Demonic Armour was scorched, battle-worn, though this wasn't unusual, it bore entirely unique scars from battling a God, a battle that never was...but would forever be remembered.

"But we will never forget him." Soren stated aloud this time, looking to all present. "There is a hall in Kilkis Seres, in the Royal Palace...the Hall of Heroes. A vigil for those we've lost...the great people that have been lost, be it in battle or through great sacrifice. I want his name inscribed there...no, I want more than this! If I could, I would have his name written as a Constellation, so that all who look to the skies would know the name Henry Hansees and would know that he was a hero!" Soren erupted, his words laden with an angered passion, gesturing to the skies as he made mention to them, but then lowered his arms and looked ahead to the others. "I'll do it myself if need be, but I want all Fey to know that a Human gave his life for them, for all people of the universe, to save them all." He concluded, sighing as he did.

Then Yevgeni caught his attention with a reasonable question that perked his interest. "None know Isopolis better than I, even though my knowledge does not cover all of its mysteries...but the City of Isolation? I know the way out. If you will all follow me!" Soren answered sincerely and humbly, then called out to everyone, but before he set off, Helios caught his eye, his open sorrow giving him pause, before he approached and placed a hand upon his shoulder.

"Don't forget him." He stated comfortingly, but then he looked away for a moment, almost squeezing his eyes again, before making eye contact with Helios again. "I'm proud of you, Helios..." Soren uttered unconsciously, but wholeheartedly to the shapeshifter that he had spared and witnessed the growth of into a man worth the pride he felt in that moment, even seeming surprised himself by what he had said to Helios, but nodded slightly to show he meant it. "Now get up...I'm tired of this place." He finished with genuine exhaustion in his last words, looking to the south where the exit lay, walking forward to lead everyone out, gesturing for them to follow his lead.

- Nergal, the Queenslayer, the Loyal - Isopolis, City of Isolation -

The final end of Henry Hansees brought many feelings to the Queenslayer, who looked on, forlorn and bereft with grief already, he too felt sorrow for the Dreadnought: A Human who had given up everything, suffered greatly and was given nothing in return but a chance to die to save what others had lost. Nergal only felt a small drop of blood return to his veins...a mark of shame as far as he was concerned, regarding his narcissism that had all but faded away into grief, shame and misery. The words of Yevgeni before his pride returned to him hurt Nergal further, with the Elf pleading that Nergal spit at Yevgeni's feet, never look him in the eyes again and turn his back on him, taking some of the responsibility that had crushed the Queenslayer mere moments ago. Such humility would never escape the lips of Yevgeni Malachite ever again, as even Nergal could see his pride returning, from the look in his eyes before he turned to address Soren, as to inquire how they were to leave the City of Isolation.

"But...but, you are the only friend I've...I've ever known...!"

Nergal's words were barely above a hoarse whisper, yet they still carried across Isopolis with their astonishment and despair, worse yet, fear of being alone again, something he hadn't felt for five millennia, originally being content with being alone after he originally found no meaning in life...but now? One of his greatest surges of emotion in such a long time...and it was fear of loneliness. Nergal wondered only for a second if that was all there was to being able to feel, to have a heart...was it just pain?

Yet even amidst this self-destructive thinking, Nergal realized something, mainly from the open sorrow of Helios and the words of others: Pain was part of being alive...whether you were Human or Fey. Helios, despite his screaming to the heavens and unrepentant sobbing, would still go on after all was said and done. Soren would persevere because it was his job, his role in life and because he was strong-hearted just like the shapeshifter. Everyth, despite learning that she had died in the darkest future, accepted what was being spoken to her and offered a smile to the Sentinel who reluctantly told her of a fate she had avoided.

"For...you all to keep going, even after all of these terrible things you've endured...it must take incredible strength..."

Nergal spoke aloud, finally rising to two feet once more, addressing everyone directly, wiping his face of tears once again and clearing his throat.

"I've only recently learned what it means to feel...to live. And I almost squandered it all. By taking the life of your beloved Queen and in the dark future you escaped from, becoming a hateful monster that brought nothing but ruin...I've been nothing but a blight to you all. Furthermore, a source of pain that you shouldn't have had to endure..."

Nergal went on, looking to each individual that was there with sincerity and regret in his eyes, knowing that to some present, this was just drivel. Pointless. In vain. Nergal's crimes were great and in spite of his genuine sorrow and regret at a life wasted and a Queen murdered, some simply would never forgive him or even offer him a second chance and he knew this full well. But at this point, his heart was doing the talking from hereon.

"And for all of that, I am truly sorry...I've taken this life for granted...but no more. I, don't know what I can do, nor what I will do...but, I want to make right by you all...even you, Yevgeni. Even if you are so incapable of bonding or caring for others as you say you are, I will not turn my back on you. You are my friend and that's an end of it...friends don't just abandon one another."

He spoke his words with honest remorse, hand on heart when he spoke his apology and keeping eye contact with Yevgeni as he told him exactly how he felt. Then Soren told everyone to accompany him to the exit of the City of Isolation and Nergal followed along without a second thought.

"Yes, even you, Nergal...we can discuss what will happen to you later."

"This may be pointless to ask, Sentinel, but...do you forgive me?"

"I accept that you were being honest with us just then. I'm sure we can be...lenient, as it were...but I don't forgive you. You still murdered our Queen and conspired with a traitor to take over the world...you'll have to do a hell of a lot to earn even a shred of forgiveness from me."

"I understand, Soren..."

"Good. That's all I ask of you, Slayer."

Jynn, Bherna, and Dawson

The prince lets Odin go once he surrenders to the group. But immediately after Jynn steps away, the Source disappears, taking Henry with them. Jynn immediately tries to run to Henry, but to no avail. “Hen-!” He was interrupted by a pound in his head. Grasping his forehead with his left hand, Jynn endures the brief pain. The sword the prince sacrificed, the Waking Leviathan appears in his right hand, as well as his memories of the promise between him and his mother. Unknowingly, Jynn sheds a couple of tears. 

As soon as he recovers, Henry was gone, leaving Helios and Aura in distraught. There was nothing the group could do to get Henry back. Jynn started to feel regret, humiliation, and sadness. He may have not made a deep connection with Henry, but this loss still means a lot to him. He drops the Leviathan And collapses onto his knees, with tears running down his face. “All of this......... is my fault. Had I returned to the Kilkes Seres forces sooner, I may have prevented all of this.” He pounds a fist on the ground.  “If only I was a less emotional person, Henry may still be with us............” 

Meanwhile, Dawson and Bherna recover their memories, but were unhappy with Henry’s demise as well.

Edited by Endless Thundaga

-Eclaire, Xion, and Rhea-

Xion looked away. She didn't know Henry, really. But...he gave himself up for her memories. And now, as rememberance of Zion flowed in, she cried. "Thank you....Henry." She said.

Rhea nearly flew at him. "NO! THERE HAS TO BE Another way.

Rhea was encased in armor...and one mighty step later did Rhaedyn Thane extend a hand. "You will not be forgotten, Henry.You have a heart of true divine iron. May your name never be forgotten." he intoned. Rhea could only scream, her body once more encased in the armor, mere aether to merge and give host to the Ithurian.

Eclaire...she had slid down and rested her back against the altar. Her sword replaced in the scabbard on her back, she let everyone else talk. She was mentally drained, and nearly passed out when Henry stepped forward. Her eyes shot fully open, and she was already beginning to stand. "N-No! No Henry!" She kicked off and flew at him, hand outstretched. "NO!" She yelled. "We wouldn't have gotten this far without you! DON'T -" The star hit her. She staggered and hit the ground, skidding. Her hand swiped the air where he once was as tears welled.

"Without you...we wouldn't have won." She sobbed softly. Eclaire began to cry as that familiar feeling spread through her chest....those precious three seconds...three irreplaceable seconds. "Thank you....Henry....for....for giving me these.....precious seconds." She whispered, sobbing. "Thank you..."

Eclaire just knelt there and cried, joyous that Shiva's three seconds were back, but....so sorrowful. Sorrowful over the loss of someone who saved her life, who fought....who did his utmost to save his world. He may have done bad, but so did she. He....deserved a new life. A new chance...like she did. Like Shiva had given her.

Eclaire cried...for the man who had given them back that which was most precious.

- Rufus Contralto -

Rufus found himself daydreaming about boneless chicken wings, chicken stirfry, and stuffed chicken parmigiana with ample amounts of herbs and spices before being dragged back to the present with a loud (and only heard by him) explosion as his thought bubble went POP!  He heard what the others spoke of and turned towards the human Henry, blinking in surprise.  It baffled him, but he had to respect the man.  In doing this, Henry gave Rufus a chance to truly live, to be human again, without the limitations surrounding a being once controlled by a lamp.  He did not feel anything different, but in a show of gratitude he rushed the man with wide-open arms.

"My man!" he shouted as he came near, eyes closed and bawling before passing through him and everyone near him in an attempt to hug him.  Realising that he failed once again, he cursed his intangibility and turned around, saying further, "Thank you, good sir.  You gave me a chance to live a normal life with your world's version of an oblation, and I will remember this . . . well, for as long as I am able."

- Odin -

The one-eyed man watched as the Helios and Jynn unraveled from him, and further watched the cacophony of crazed inviduals who loudly bewailed the death of someone they either barely knew or did not know at all.  Even Jynn was driven to sadness about the death of one person who played part on the sidelines.  He did not think too much on the negative repercussions of his sacrifice as much as the positives:  he, Odin, would be getting his wisdom back, and that set well with him.  He waited with composition as he was returned what he had lost, feeling the comfort of the garnered knowledge and wisdom of untold lifespans being passed back to him.

A smile encroached his lips before he dropped all expression.  Henry gave back what he considered most precious, a provision he would think back upon for many years as a noble and selfless sacrifice for the greater good of all, especially for himself.

{Mariel: Isopolis}

Mariel was relieved at Odin conceding. Maybe there was hope for him after all. Nergal too seemed taken aback by what he and Odin would have become. The angel was more suspicious of this lament, but perhaps even assassins had lines they feared to cross. It seemed like all was looking up. 

Henry’s words caught Mariel off guard. She reached out to the human, but the bargain had been struck. As the light enveloped Henry, the angel felt a fresh weight in her left hand. She looked down to find Bright Guard, the blade she had given up, along with her honor. It came flooding back to her. The training, the compassion, the duty. It made the ache of Henry’s sacrifice even more acute. 

“Rest easy, little brother.” She whispered. “Though your path was dark, you earned the title of guardian. May the Light show you the way home.”

Closing her eyes, the red haired angel murmured a prayer for a fallen friend and comrade.

- Henry - To the ashes - 

Everyone's reaction to Henry's proposal of sacrifice did not help the poor man's feelings, part of him wanted to listen to them...not give his entire exitence away, but he would be dead regardless, and he'd be damned if any of them didn't have their sacrifices returned, even if this meant of him being gone...from...well...everything, not a trace left.

And truthfuly, as the source spoke, as everyone's sacrifices were being returned, many hugged him, Elia and Helios especially, Aura tried to, ending up punching his arm, Soren bellowed his dismay, Jynn, Rhea and Eclaire all expressed their shock and feelings of his sacrifice, hell. Even Nergal expressed his sentiments.

However Henry still had a few lasting seconds, maybe even a minute of tangibility and well...existence, allowing him to hug Elia, Aura and Helios in a big group hug, in a warm, yet fading hug. As he released them from the hug he looked at each of them, with a warm and honest smile as he began to address them.

"I am sorry Elia, but I feel as If I must do this, for you...and everyone, in a sense...I guess my life finaly has meaning..." Henry spoke as he extended his hand to her, before wiping her tears with his hand "Don't cry Elia, smile, your smile is infectious." He comforted her , ruffling her hair he then pulled a necklace he had worn for years between his armor and clothing, a small pendant with a faint white crystal, which reflected any light that came upon it in the middle. Placing it around Elia's head, Henry simply nodded warmly to her.

As he then looked at Aura, who also displayed her displeasure. "I am sorry Aura, I wish I had words of comfort...but I don't." Henry spoke, placing a hand on her shoulder, if one paid attention the hand of which he placed his hand was slowly cracking and...vanishing in an ever engulfing blue hue. "Here..." Henry spoke as he reached for his longsword with his other hand, his Longsword intact from the time travel, without having had Odin shatter it again. "Its for you...as a memento." Henry spoke, with a smile.

Helios...probably one of hardest ones to say goodbye to out of them all, Henry walked over to him, placing his hand on his head and hair much like what he did with Elia. "I guess I just can't help myself with sacrifices...huh?" He half heartedly joked, as more and more of his body began to drift away, at this time most of his hand. "But I am the one who should be thanking you Helios, you've taught me...to hope again, I've learned that there is always more than meets the eye with you, that one should never give up...Thank you." Henry had nothing more to give as gifts to others, all he could really do...was hug him, with the warmest hug he could ever muster to give someone, he gave it to Helios. Before releasing him, and addressing a few others.

"Soren...for as little time we knew of each other, it has been an honor, may your endeavors prove succesful in the future..." Henry spoke with the demon, before turning to Everyth. 

"This is not easy for me to say, you may slap me if you wish. But I hope you can forgive me one day, and...Everyth..." Henry spoke, grabbing her shoulder with his still remaining hand. "Live, don't throw your life away." Was all Henry could really tell her as he turned to Rabyiu and Nodded, same for Thane and the others. Smacking Jynn softly in the shoulder with a smile, as a gesture of friendliness and to honor the man.

Henry would go and tell each one individualy his goodbye, but he had pretty much ran out of time, as he felt himself vanishing now, the process of vanishing was spreading much quicker now, engulfing most of his chest and shoulder already. As he walked in front of them all, turning to them. "Goodbye, everyone." Henry spoke, as he closed his eyes...and allowed himself to be erased. He felt at peace now, the weight of his power and body, gone. But it was bittersweet, as he did not know what would truly happen to him. Regardless, he willingly gave himself. As he disappeared along with the source.

- Alicia, Typhon, Mikhail and Alastor - 

They were all silent, they did not know Henry enough to give their input, albeit most were saddened. Alicia stood beside Jynn, unknowing of Alastor having walked behind her, having regained his memories and...well...love for his daughter, he hesitantly extended his hand to touch her shoulder from behind, but hesitated too much at the end, and ended up turning around and walking, out of shame...and out of respect for her, coming back into her life now? it would only cause problems. Even if she somewhat knew who he was, it was best to limit contact.

Alicia had regained her grimoire, as he looked at Jynn's despair at Henry's death, she could not do much other than keep at his side. But as she saw him despairing from his disappearance, she stepped up behind him, holding him from behind. "You did as any son would do...to learn of his mother's sudden death, and being faced with insurmountable responsability, it's not your fault..." Alicia held him for as long as needed, before the prince would be ready to get himself up.

Mikhail was just lost, completely and utterly lost, he did not know much of what was happening, or why he was even there in the first place, he was more annoyed about the possibility of not being paid, albeit Henry's sacrifice did prompt a few nods of respect from him.

Typhon was...more angered than sad, albeit Henry was an odd one, even if he hated the feys and what they did, he had to admit, some of them were not bad, even if his heart came back. Henry's death would cause a shift in Typhon's priorities for hate and well...snarkiness, the feys in front of him were not evil, nor were they truly good either, but he guessed he could respect them...except for one. Odin.

A feeling Alastor shared, albeit killing Odin now was a bad idea, he needed to get him by surprise if he wanted to bring Raiden back, somehow...maybe the Djninni's lamp would prove useful?

"Aura" Alastor spoke as he approached her, "Does the Djinni's lamp still work?" he asked her.

Edited by Scrapmaster

Helios would listen to the voice, looking up at what remained of Henry. He would reach out, watching him. The touch against his head was all the comfort he could feel, even though it felt so cold. Helios would stare at him, and when the hug came, Helios was a complete mess. He would hold onto Henry, wanting to remember the warmth and the feeling for as long as it lasted. It would be goodbye, and he wouldn't be able to return. It hurt. So many daydreams would be thrown to the wind, to be just that; fantasies. They had all made mistakes. Mistakes that had would cost so many lives and endless bloodshed. But to the ends that they have reached? To have had the chance to meet Aura, Auron, and the rest? To have had the chance to meet him, and share a journey with him? Maybe it was all worth it in the end after all. It seemed that his suffering had yet to end. There was no end to the goodbyes with no chance of seeing them son. He could merely watch when he pulled away, staring out as he left with the source. "Henry."

Helios would slowly look up to Soren, eyes and cheeks red from his tears. Don't forget him. How could he forget? Such precious memories. So little for a lifespan of a Fey, and yet some of his greatest treasures. How could he possibly forget? He would take a deep breath. They had to return home. They had to leave and greet everyone again. He wondered if they would remember? If they knew that they were dead, or was it all but a blur for them? He wondered if they will remember the survivors, but what about those who perished in the progress? No. He wouldn't allow it. When he was younger he had made it his goal to create a Beast Encyclopedia. Maybe even multiple books, each based on a different species of animal to which he would learn, and write about for the worlds to understand better. He still wished for that chance. But first? A historian. The worlds still had to know. About the three foolish Feys that walked down to the earth. Arianna, Ren, Auron, Henry- everyone. Their names would be engraved in stone for centuries to come. He would make sure of it.

"Let's go home."

Arthur would pause, looking down at his body as he felt a change. It was simple, almost like a tug on his heart. He would end up floating up for a bit more before there would be the loud crackling of sparks. Skin soon began to reform and reshape, and before long what he had lost was restored, his human body returning to him. He would take a deep breath, his eyes gleaming before he was finally fully back...but then he lost his gravity defiance. So, in a very Arthur-like fashion, he ended up falling back down to the ground...and right on Athena. He would groan, holding his head as he felt his body ache in adjustment...only to realize he had fallen right ontop of his princess. "Oh...OH NO, ATHENA." He squeaked, jumping right off her and quickly reaching out for her. "Are you alright?! I am so sorry-" He paused, looking down at his hands. He would stare down at the gloves, moving them up as he touched himself. "...I...I'm back..." He whispered. "I'm human again."

Edited by Stardustblade358
Forgot Arthur's scene

Jynn, Bherna, and Dawson

Henry leaves Jynn with a smile, before disappearing. Meanwhile, Alicia tries to comfort the upset prince, stating that his actions are not truly his fault. Jynn looks to her and smiles weakly. “You’re right.......” He wipes his tears, the pain of losing someone still made him unhappy, but there is nothing he can do now, other than claiming the throne. “........All I can do now, is to take my place in this world, and be a good leader.” 

He takes a few moments to lose his tears, holding one of Alicia’s hands. After those few moments, the prince grabs the Leviathan, and gets up off his knees. He takes one last look to the sky, a moment of silence for Henry. He withdraws the Leviathan and looks to everyone. “We all fought valiantly, although, I wish the outcome ended differently. We shall all remember Henry’s courage and bravery, and his sacrifice will not go in vain.”

“Helios is right, let us return home so we can get some needed rest.” 

Overworld, I’m sorry for taking long, but my moment has finally arrived.