Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

- Rabiyu, Aura and Sifrei - Isopolis: The City of Isolation -

Sifrei watched as Mariel charged at Odin, followed by Alastor. She looked fine now, mostly. That mean that she didn't need his help anymore, which meant he did whatever Aura had told him to do. He took a quick glance at where Aura and the princess were and quickly moved from where he was standing to behind the two girls. Aura screamed before throwing a punch at whoever stood behind them, said punch being stopped by the Archangel.

"Who is-" Aura said while trying to focus her sight, "O-Oh..it's you Sifrei. Is the person who was injured safe now? Did you help them?"

Sifrei offered no verbal response, only a slow nod. Aura sighed and nodded. Rabiyu listened as Soren walked closer to Yevgeni, his words giving away the way he felt towards her fellow elf.

"This squabble can wait until we take care of the current threat. Raiden, or Odin, is not himself, or perhaps that is his true nature. Whatever it is, we need to put a stop to him," Rabiyu said flatly, "We can deal with each other once the bigger threat is taken care of."

Rabiyu then listened to Yev as he spoke to the Prince, telling him to not get to close to Odin, as he would be needed by both humans and Kilkis Seres. Although she didn't had the Prince in high regards, she agreed with what Yevgeni said to him. They would face Raiden, Odin, themselves. The white haired elf followed Yevgeni while reaching out her hands and focusing on a spell to use against their new enemy, but the sudden winds made her lost her focus, instead she watched both Odin and Nergal.

"Impossible," She said as she watched the blue aura, "Did he used the Source for a wish?"

{Mariel: Isopolis; Final Chamber}

Mariel followed in after Alastor's lightning step and attack, trying to slam into Odin, but got tossed away by the gale force finds that lifted Odin and Nergal up. She landed awkwardly, but got up quickly. Her eyes fixated on the Source. Though the red mists clouded her mind again, enough of her mind was able to point it towards what mattered here. Get the Source, remove the problem. Damn anyone who gets in the way.

Gritting her teeth, the angel spread her wings wide as she moved closer to the gale. Coming at it from the side, she threw herself in the winds, hoping to ride it up to Odin and Nergal, and most importantly, the Source.

- Helios & Arthur Something - /w everyone else - Isopolis: City of Isolation -

Helios was digging his nails onto the ground beneath was he watched with a hitched breath. His potion was healing him, but it also did absolutely nothing to help with half of his side, his human side. He had given him a double edged sword, useless. "I have no doubt." Helios spoke, staring down at Henry. "He is one of the strongest people I have ever met in this world or below." He said, looking up at Elia. He would look back only to see a tiny bug arrive to start healing the wound on Henry's chest. He would look up as Odin had gotten the source of life, changing sides and using the source. The wind began to pick up and everything started to get out of control...well, as if it wasn't out of control already, that is. Helios would focus on his energy, transforming into his dragon form once more. "What has he done?" He whispered, looking up as the once valiant Raiden had turned sides. What had he lost to gain entry to this place that had changed him so drastically. He would curl protectively around the group, serving as a shield against the incoming winds. "Damn it all." Helios hissed, wagging his tail as he watched the swirling winds. He didn't know what Odin was thinking, but he wasn't going to risk it either. He would look at Elia. "Take care of Henry, then. Be wary of the lightning." He huffed before taking off. He uncurled himself, taking off into the sky and into the winds. He didn't know how this would end, but he knew that he had to try. He would attempt to ride on the winds and reach towards Raiden, and attempt to take him down.

- Nergal, the Queenslayer - Isopolis, City of Isolation, Odin's Ambition -

Though both Odin and Nergal held a grip upon the Source of All Life, the former seemed to disregard the Queenslayer as he began to do the unthinkable: He beckoned the Source and by extension Isopolis, to grant him its power, so as he may uphold his ambitions. Though his intentions were ambiguous to most around him, Nergal too heard the voice of Isopolis in his head, still addressing Odin personally, but it allowed him to feel at least a tiny portion of what lay within Odin's Heart...and all he could feel was an emptiness, akin to his once hollow Heart. Afraid of what this might lead to, Nergal seemed hopeless for a moment, though this quickly gave way to a harrowing realization, at least to himself, as he slowly looked to Yevgeni, his expression visible to all.

"My dear friend...forgive me."

A now angered and wind-swept Nergal faced Odin and he focused upon the crystal, deciding to drain from its limitless energy pool, as to counteract Odin One-Eye's claim to power. The electrifying barrier around Odin and the typhoon-like aura that began to envelop Odin did little to dissuade Nergal, nor did inspire a need to retreat...he simply looked the man dead in his eye and kept an iron grip upon the Source, while attempting to tug it away.

- Soren Monroe, The Sentinel Renewed, Demonic Form - Isopolis, City of Isolation -

Soren took little heed of Yevgeni's venom, having had his fill of the treachery-based slurs, as well as knowing that Yevgeni didn't know, nor would he care, about his true change of heart and spirit. He instead took solace in Yevgeni acknowledging his suggestion about Nergal, preparing to stand with him, at least for this brief period, to put an end to Odin's plans, whatever they might've been, they certainly weren't honourable or even good, judging from his earlier actions.

It was then however, that Odin called to Isopolis, to the Source itself, for power and it would seem to have answered his prayer; an aura of wind and power surrounding the Thunder Lord and the Queenslayer, the latter being only just caught in it. Inside, Soren cursed Isopolis's impartial nature, though he could only watch in silence...at least, until Nergal spoke, truly from the heart, requesting forgiveness from Yevgeni prior to his attempt at stealing the Source's power from Odin.

"What?! What are you thinking of?!" Soren exclaimed in surprise as the ashen-skinned Slayer held fast to his intent, dreading to think what was about to happen.

- Meksis, the United, Armour of Twilight - FLASHBACK: Battle Within the Mind -

The assault had worked and now, Maxis was vulnerable for what seemed like the first time in an eternity, with Hektor further disabling the Madness-powered Maxis, who was now reeling and flailing, a tell that the Mad God had become desperate...and afraid.

Leaving his greatsword inside Maxis, he kept his grip upon it and used it as leverage to force Maxis to partially face him and, at Hektor's behest, grip the right side of his face with his left hand, channeling his power into Mad!Maxis's mind with a bellow:

"I see you!!" An ethereal form of Meksis, borne from Light and Darkness combined and representing his former appearance as a Fey, formed over his body in Maxis's eyes, showing him his true self as he Dominated him, his eyes piercing through to the Mad God within.

"You are beaten...leave my blood brother's mind, never to return! ...Now!" Meksis commanded, planting his other hand upon the left side of Maxis's face upon the last word he spoke, wrestling with the entity inhabiting his friend's body and mind in order to ensure he was forced out from his very core.

~ Aqua: The City of Isolation~

Aqua looked devastated, yet it didn’t seem as Aqua would have the time to lament Yev’s words. It seemed that yet again a new turn of events would play out. Aqua watched as Yev ran out of her reach once again.  She frowned, annoyed. Aqua wasn’t going to sit around and watch others die anymore. She was frustrated by her lackluster ability to stop the cycle of pain and death before her. The female elf was disgusted at herself for not doing more to stop it. She just watched from the sidelines.  She couldn’t sit and watch as others fought for her, refusing to fight would mean a high chance of her death without her magic to aid her. She looked to her empty hands. She'd have to try her magic without her staff to help her.

-Eclaire Oathkeeper, Rhea the Unaging, and Xion Izanami- before the storm-

Life was strange. Eclaire stood before a vortex, shocked still by the sudden betrayal. Henry wounded, Typhon trying to save him, the group both in disarray and distraught. Raiden...no, Odin...had betrayed them. Nergal and Odin One-Eye now were in a vortex, the Source of All Life in their grasp. Even Yevgeni was shaken. Eclaire's sword dropped, scraping the ground. She turned slowly to look...to look at yet another failure.

"Shiva..." She whispered.

No.

Not again.

She'd not fail again. Not while she remembered that last word, not while she had her mother and her friends...and yes...not even while her enemies looked before her. She refused to fail again. She wouldn't.

Sheathing her silver sword, she marched over and hauled Yev up, right to her face so she could glare into his eyes. "I hate you with every fiber of my being. You dislike me for a myriad of reason. But right now, I need your help." She loosened her hold, making sure he didn't lose his footing, and raised her voice. "I need everyone's help right now." She turned, a plan forming. "I need everyone to gather what power they can..." She held out her hand. "And use it to charge In Paradisum. The chaotic mass of energy should be enough to break through the barrier, but I'll need more than it." She looked at Alastor. Yevgeni could use his light to charge her...but she needed to get above the vortex. "Man of Lightning. With how much power can you throw me?" She asked, letting go of Yevgeni. "The top of the vortex should be thin enough, but I need speed and power. Can you get me high enough, with enough speed, to reach a rune my mother can create?"

She then turned to the others. Friends. Foes. She would let Alastor answer, then extend her spear, resting the end on the ground. "We all are here for different reasons. For different purposes. Some of us want to restore a world, others have ambitions. But right now, we have been betrayed. The Source is taken by a man who not only tried to kill Henry, a man who has more honor then I ever will, and now resides in that vortex with a Queenslayer. I'm not asking anyone to ally with me. I'm not asking anyone to promise anything. I'm asking for your help, your trust." Her hand slid up, resting on her heart. "I don't want the source. I just wanted Shiva. But she is gone, and bringing her back would be wrong. She and I had a final word, and she passed on peacefully. I am here to ensure the Source is not misused. That is my promise....not....that is my vow." Her ears slightly raised, and the girl found her heart. "So please. All of you - friend, foe, ambivalent bystander - I ask you for your help. We don't know the ambition of Odin or the machinations of Nergal...nor you, Yevgeni...but this is beyond our fight. This is beyond our differences. Within that vortex could be the end of everything we have fought for or want to create." She seemed to shake. "I could die trying to pierce the vortex. And I am okay with it. I...I have feared dying. I wished to die but ran away. I was a coward. But today...today I...I will stand." her voice nearly cracked. "So please. Help me. If not for what I stand for, then for what you stand for.For what you wish for." She turned to Yevgeni. "Help me ensure that there is a world left to save." She asked softly. "Please."

Xion and Rhea alighted beside her. "Don't have to ask us." Xion said. "I'll begin the runes." She kicked off and began to fly, already inscribing the air with acceleration runes. Rhea grabbed In Paradisum. "Take what I can offer. Fire, Ice, and Light. The wrath of Ithuriel."

Eclaire nodded, then looked at the others. It was their choice to help or not. Either way, she'd need to be thrown higher and higher, then someone would need to maintain her acceleration and help her into the descending line of acceleration runes.

Then...she would succeed to die hitting an impenetrable vortex at high speed.

Rabiyu managed to hear the sound of footsteps getting closer to them, and the moment she turned around she saw how Eclaire hauled Yev up. She was about to say something to Shivas's former retainer but the girl did something Rabiyu though would be impossible, she asked Yevgeni for help before letting him go. The white haired elf listened closely to what Eclaire was saying and, to some point, she was slightly impressed by the change she had.

"You are a brave soul, Retainer, no, Eclaire, the Pale Mistress would be honored to guide your soul beyond the Divine Gate, I am sure. It takes a lot to push one's feelings away to do something important for the good of all. To discard hate and rage to fulfill a common goal," Rabiyu said as she dismissed her bow for a moment, "Raiden or Odin or whoever that is must not be allowed to possess the Source of All Life, no one should, but we are in need of its power, and to complete our goal we must work together to succeed."

Rabiyu walked towards Rhea, a person she did not know, nor she was interested in at the moment, though there was something familiar about her. She pushed that thought aside and instead touched the spear, her mind focusing on the weapon.

"I will offer you the remaining three of the four elements. Earth, Wind, and Water," She said as she closed her eyes.

Something deep within the mind of the northern elf stirred from its slumber, something that only wished to return to the outside, something dark and powerful, something that knew that if the elf perished it would perish too. Instead, it tried to reach out, tried to snatch control to offer power to the foolish girl with the hero complex. Thanks to Rabiyu having her eyes closed no one would notice the change in her eyes as they turned a scarlet red color.

"And you can also have my Darkness. Let its cold embrace help you succeed in that that you have planned to do," Rabiyu said as she clenched the spear, " Mond! Come here!"

Before anyone could even realize it, the Archangel was already at the side of the Elf, it was like he had been there always.

"Eclaire needs our help. I do not know what happened to you, or what you gave up in order to access this place, but I need you to help her. Anything to help once she is up there will suffice.

The Archangel turned his head towards Eclaire and looked at her for what felt like a long time, until he walked closer to her. Sifrei reached his hand out, almost making contact with Eclaire but stopping mere inches away. While he couldn't speak, that didn't mean he couldn't perform magic, a glowing rune appeared between his stretched hand and Eclaire, it remained there for a few seconds until an almost invisible barrier formed on top of Eclaire, slowly making its way down until the former retainer's whole body was fully surrounded by it, after which it disappeared from view. Sifrei, feeling that he had done his job, disappeared and returned to Aura and the Princess.

"I see...He created a barrier around your body to protect you from harm. Mond's magic is powerful, I am sure that barrier will prove useful, " Rabiyu said as she opened her eyes, now back to the normal blue tone, "We do not know what could happen once you begin, so protection, however little or much it is, should be appreciated. That is all we can offer for you and your plan. I truly hope that you are successful, and that we can stop whatever Odin is planning to do with the source. Good Luck."

The whole atmosphere changed. It was no longer a fair game as a whole new presence had entered the field. As the wind dissipated, a new figure would show. He would be familiar, yet something new all together. The immense power that they contained was enough to compare to a god, suffocating and piercing. Helios would stop his flight, now hanging around as he saw what would be a new person, a new enemy of sorts. Something born out of the power of gods. His speed was already beyond capable of being seen by the naked eye as it was. Helios would bear his teeth, listening as they preached of their own intentions. To join, or to perish. Because all would end the same in the end. Helios wagged his tail, watching the man cautiously. How were they going to fight against this one? He growled loudly, the hair on his back standing on its end. "I am tired of hearing such excuses!" Helios roared, standing his ground as he had yet to charge. "It is the same excuse, that the two species, that the two worlds cannot live in coexistence, that they cannot live without wars, but can you say the same of the Fey? History is littered with wars long after the humans were gone. Because evil, greed and disagreements will always exist. It is not something that can be erased. It is part of nature for us to have free will and have our opinions. It has always been like that! And always will be!" Helios roared, shaking his head. "Look around you! In the end of the day, we're all the same! We've all come together, human and fey, for the sake of the innocent lives around us! Yes, such expectations and wishes could be mad, but that is what it means to be alive! To stumble, fall and to rise up again! To succeed and fail, and to experience it all!" Helios' eyes narrowed. He was running out of Magika. He had to stay in this form, or he wouldn't be able to transform again any time soon. "Why is it so hard to understand the simple desire to live?!"

--Yevgeni Malachite--

"I am not certain," Yev responded to Rabiyu's musing over the Source of All Life's usage.  "Though it does appear–"

He was unable to finish as he was hoisted up by none other than Queen Shiva's retainer.  The elf couldn't help but smirk.  "Eclaire," he started, though fell silent to hear what the woman had to say.  Yevgeni's gaze softened once she was finished conveying her plea to himself and the rest of the individuals standing there, his previous mockery replaced with some other new expression.  Was it respect?

"I am willing to set our differences aside, Eclaire."  He bowed his head respectfully toward the succubus, blond locks falling over his shoulder and into his face.  "Alas, you would be correct.  I will aid you and lend you my holy magic: a gift from Queen Shiva's father."  His father, too, but for some reason he could not bring himself to say it.  Stealing a sweeping glance over Eclaire, he gripped her sides and lifted her up, rising into the air as he did so.  He allowed some of his magical energy to pour into her, though just as he prepared to throw her the winds began to die down.  Yevgeni frowned.

"Something is wrong," he said stiffly, still gripping Eclaire firmly and yet losing altitude.  "I do not think this is wise–"

An entirely new entity appeared in place of Odin and Nergal, this individual appearing to be a cross between both, and yet this seemed impossible.

Yevgeni's boots clicked as they hit the ground, placing Eclaire tenderly down beside him as he withdrew his rapier from his sheath.  "Who are you?" Yev demanded.  "And how do you propose to make the Overworld 'better'?  That term is . . . subjective."

Yevgeni's gaze fell to Nergal's glaive gripped in one hand and his heart sank.  This was indeed partially Nergal, or so it seemed.  Nergal had vowed not to use the Source without him, and yet here he was.  The elf felt saddened, disappointed, irritated, and . . . understanding.  With Odin charging him it was likely that Nergal had no choice, and perhaps it wasn't of his own volition that he took the form that stood before them now.  Regardless, things suddenly felt more grave.  Yevgeni gripped the hilt of his rapier tighter, preparing to make his move depending on what Nergodin's response was.

--Elia Cabret--

"Please take good care of him," Elia murmured to Mikhail, her gaze falling on Henry's pallid face.  He could not die; she could not forgive herself if he did.  Already they had lost too many friends as it were.  The raven-haired girl tenderly planted a kiss on Henry's forehead, her eyes welling with tears before she quickly swept away.  Everyth watched the scene with a curious expression, though said nothing as the fairy left.  She joined Helios' side, giving him a nod as though encouraging him on.

"Our worlds can stand united," Elia continued.  "I have seen so much loss of life, so much bloodshed, and it has been between us fey!  These poor humans just want to live in peace and harmony, and we are depriving them of that very chance.  Our superiority complex is doing us no favors; only more and more people are continuing to get hurt."

Her violet eyes met Helios, and it was then that she recognized him.  It had been a very long time, so long since she had seen him.  She had been such a young fairy then, and at the time she was mostly fixated on her sister to notice her friend.  "You knew Ari . . . didn't you?" she whispered, eyes wide.  "You were her friend.  I remember now."

--Alderon Niles--

"And if we join you, what then?"  It did not take sight for Alderon to discern that something was amiss.  There he stood, firmly planted several feet before Nergodin, claymore digging into the granite below their feet.  He lifted his head in the speaker's direction, though his gaze fell to the ground.

"I do not see how my ambitions are considered a 'mad wish'.  You speak in riddles to me, which I am not fond of.  So how about you answer me this, before we all charge in to take your life: what will you do with the worlds, if you were to so choose?"

- Nergodin, after a successful Polymerization -

His face returned to blankness as he stared at Helios, then the others.  The choice really was simple, to join or potentially die, and everybody turned it into a riddle.  Perhaps it was because he explained himself that everyone else decided to explain themselves and debate the topic, and as a result he entertained it for now.

"And how often are you willing to fall and rise up again, young Spriggan?  A second time?  A thousand times?  A million?  You misconstrue life with riding oceanic waves, Helios.  The meaning of life changes for the individual, as does the desire to live and be successful.  Eventually one gives up.  For mortals, the meaning is immortality or ill wishes for others.  For immortals, it is ideals or whatever suits their fancy.  I am no different.

"Yevgeni," he voiced, his piercing eyes intent on meeting the elf's, "I intend to return everything to a zero, where sentient life begins anew.  How this plays out depends upon your answers, you I called friends and allies as Odin, as the Infiltrator, and as Raiden.  This leads me to your topics, Elia, Alderon.  Harmony is but temporary.  A momentary peace, time and time again without halt, leads to complacency and weakness, or bitterness and stockpiling of hate and resources for war.  To remake the world and all beings everywhere would cure this destructive cycle.  A single world with uniformity, adaptability, and consolidarity."  He allowed himself a smile.  "My fragment Raiden's and my wife Shiva's ideals for true peace are, while chivalric in their own ways, flawed to a fault because they allowed for individual thinking.  With the Source, I will have the ability to change things for all, in truth, for the better.  Unity can be realised flawlessly."

Jynn Venas-City of Isolation

Yevgeni seems to team up with the group, but still keeps his word on his ideals. Meanwhile, Jynn couldn’t help but chuckle at Odin’s claims. “Heh. ‘Flawlessly’ huh? Maybe, father, you didn’t hear me earlier. I would gladly explain once more so your simple mind can comprehend. No matter how much you try to maintain peace, arguments, conflicts, and war are inevitable. Even if you used the power of the Source and begin life anew, you cannot change the fact that everyone is different in every possible way. And to be honest, what’s the point in living, if everyone in the entire world share the same ideals? The same personality? And blindly follows the same rules? It would destroy everyone’s sense of self. I have no idea why this subject is so hard for people to grasp, its ridiculous.” 

He puts his head down. “And as hard as it is to take in, our worlds are shaped by our differences. Upsettingly, there is no ‘absolute peace’ and there never will be because of those reasons.” He raises his head at Odin once more. “Even if you try to use the Source, it will not go the way you want it to. It will all be for nothing. You’d rather sacrifice the power to restore a world, just so you can begin life anew, only for history to rewrite itself? Your ideals are of that of a delusional dictator. There is no scenario where you are right.” 

He faces Yevgeni, then back to Odin. “You both are two peas in the same pod. You both clearly have no idea how the mind works, or, at least, have not taken a psychology class. I don’t know what little imaginary dreamy fun land you two live in, but this is real life, and now’s the time to start living in it. After all, your eyes can see more clearly, when your heads are out of your asses.”

Edited by Endless Thundaga

"As many times as it takes." Helios responded, his tone set. "You say that I cannot speak for everyone, but can I say the same for you? Your desire for a perfect world. To erase this one from existence and start anew from scratch. That would be ideal, wouldn't it?" Helios asked, eyes narrowed. "Everyone has a different wish, a different goal. That is the beauty of free will; to have so many wonderful dreams, and terrible nightmares to expand each other's horizons of the worlds around us!" Helios shook his head. "Peace is a difficult thing. Perfection though desired, unreachable. But that is what makes all of us; perfectly imperfect. If we were all to be gods, then there wouldn't be believers to fall behind. You could scratch the universe into nothing and rebuilt it over and over again, and it would always end the same way. Once someone realizes of their potential, of their gifts and graces...they come to lose belief in the gods if it means reaching what they seek." The hairs on Helios' back stood on end, roaring at the enemy. "I would rather die to fight for the freedom of will of the worlds, than to live with the blood of what it could have been." Helios spoke. He paused when Elia spoke, turning to look at her. He merely stared, confused as he tried to figure out what she was referring to. "...who's Ari?"

- Rabiyu - Isopolis: The City of Isolation -

"And what gives you the right to end all life? What gives you the right to meddle with the way others think," Rabiyu said to Nergodin,

The white haired elf's bow reappeared in her hand while in the other was an arrow, she was already aiming at the new being in front of her. Odin and the Queenslayer were gone, that could only meant that this person was, in fact, both of them fused through arcane means. Rabiyu knew of such magic, although she was unable to use it, most people tended to stay away from such kind of magic. She knew that dragons used to be able to fuse together to obtain more power, or at least the ancient dragons of the frozen lands of the north could.

"You will not be allowed to remake this world, nor its inhabitants. Forced unity at the cost of individual thought would only lead to a hollow life," Rabiyu said as she glanced at Aura and Sifrei, "Life is full of hardships, of sorrow, dispair, but it also has happiness and hope, you cannot have one without the other as they are two sides of the same coin. If you take that away, then life would be meaningless for everyone. But this is not a riddle isn't it? This is not about what drives us to keep moving forwards."

Rabiyu looked at those around her, each and every one that had come into Isopolis to help save the world below the Sea of Clouds, each one of them had a reason to fight, the only thing that this person wanted was an answer, not an explanation.

"I will stand against you and anyone who shares your goal."

- Nergodin, Impermissible Unity - Isopolis: City of Isolation -

As those who fancied themselves heroic, self-righteous and brave in the face of their new future or simple doom, something seemed to happen to Nergodin, in but a split second, something about him changed; His face visibly shifted in structure, yet remained lopsided and unpleasant to one's soul, while the colour balance of his clothing went into reverse with the white and purple switching places and gold coming into play upon the shoulders out of nowhere. Even his posture changed, albeit more subtly, simply gesturing and posturing more with his right side, though his words and body language were anything but calm or even Nergal-like.

"Stand against this form and die, or bend the knee and live...what is so hard about that?! Ahh, it matters not, one half of me only cares for one person here. And...a-and..."

Nergodin shook their head, his eyes twitching as he grimaced for a few moments, before sharply looking to the group once more, gesturing with Nergal's Glaive, continuing to speak with both of the voices that reside within, Nergal's unsettling yet comforting tones and Odin's baritone did not meld together smoothly, rather speaking with each other in a dull, mixed up unison, one voice overlapping the other intermittently.

"The Blind King. The Formless Spark. The Sentinel Renewed. The Dreadnought Reborn. The Elven Marksman. The Chimera. The New King. The Dark, Elderly Sorceress. The Angels. The Dreadnought's Consort? Shiva's Retainer. The Lycanthrope. The Once-Cursed Princess of Humanity. And the Lost Girl, one who shouldn't be here to begin with...someone, else should be in your place young one...yet here, he is no longer."

Nergodin steadily addressed all those he could see, the people he gave an inkling of a damn about today, those who stood in his way, along with even more than those called out. Soon however, an unstable aura of energy and power enveloped around Nergodin as translucent flames and purple arcs and sparks of lightning, with the slightest of effort on his part; a buffed out chest and a low grunt.

"We will send you all to your final rest for your disobedience!!"

Nergodin bellowed, the fused being was maddened, Nergal's mind rebelling yet unable to do anything but project his rage through the words of a mixed mind and mashed together ideals. Yet inside the mind of the new entity, things were...different.

- Mindscape of Nergodin -

Within an endless, swirling and violent white void, with only two figures to break the monotony of colour with their presence: The Queenslayer and the Thunder Lord, stood not too far from one another, in the midst of a property dispute.

"Odin..!" Nergal called out, his expression dour and reeking of contempt, much like his singular word.

"I care not what happens to most anyone present...but if you so much as think of having this...this, fusion, hurting Yevgeni? I will ensure any plans of yours fail simply to spite you for such a transgression!!"

The Queenslayer growled his words, true anger leading him as he gestured in an animated, vicious fashion, almost spitting at Odin while he did, unable to bear the thought of being a part of Yevgeni's death or even bodily harm.

(Big post, Soren can wait.)

Edited by Nero Kunivas

-Eclaire, Rhea, and Xion: After the Storm-

Xion stepped back, shaking. This....this thing was emenating power. Control. It was fully in control and it knew it...and all she could do was fall to her knees in defeat. Queen of the Succubi, on her knees...afraid. Afraid of the thing before her. Even Rhea took a step back, Geirskogul shaking in her hand. Failure. They both had failed. 

Xion, her people.

Rhea, Thane.

And now they could only watch in fearful silence, as madmen controlled the source. Not even the words of the others broke them as yet...but the sound of a sword, sheathed in preparation for a daring plan, broke the momentary silence.

"In Paradisum, Fifth Configuration: Storm of Spears."

Around Eclaire did the spears slam, at apparently random...yet deliberate...intervals. Eclaire did not falter. She did not fear. She was done running....she was done losing.

"Everything is temporary. Harmony, peace, war, revolution, love, and loss. To dismiss the temporary is to dismiss life itself. Because that is what you desire. My comrades...my friends...they have said it, so I must as well!" She stood tall. "Uniformity will destroy individuality, and consolidarity will destroy free will! You do not want life, but existence! You stand there as a god, and in that you have lost the very thing that drives us all to reach our fullest. The looming threat of the end. The looming promise of the afterlife. You have thrown away your greatest gift for power - your endless ambition, your atrocious atrophy, twisted into something that wants to unmake reality, that wants to reforge us all into one image. I will not stand for this!" She roared. "Your flawless unity is at itself flawed, as you remove the very thing that gives us life! You stand there offering to make us better, when all you do is preach mere existence! I have existed for thousands of years, but I have yet lived!" She took a step forward. "You wish to remove war, strife, and hate. You will remove sadness and despair, you will remove crying. You will remove tears!" She had to wipe her own away, as memories of what she lost bubbled up. "I refuse to lose my tears. Tears are the truest way to show your heart! Because without sadness, how will you know happiness? Without despair....how will you know joy? If you do not cry, how will you know laughter? You wish for flawless unity, but unity relies on individuality. It relies on the idea that everyone is different." She put a hand to her heart. "I was born but a mistake, but no longer! In uniformity, I would not be here! It was the love of a woman, who saw a broken girl on her threshold, and said 'You are not a mistake!' and held her hand out. It was the free will of Shiva that gave me purpose, that gave me hope! And to remove our will, to remake the world into one mind, one thought, is a fate worse than death. I had nothing to live for, Odin and Nergal. But now I have everything to die for." She raised her sword to him, the sapphire shining. "Around me are those I have followed and fought. As you sat in your tornado, did these brave souls entrust me with their power to pierce such magicks and attempt to stop you! Shiva's ideals of true peace are fleeting, but so are the wars that follow! The seasons come and go, and people live and they die. But I will not let you take their laughter, and their joy. Their relief, their sadness. I shall protect their tears! My blood lusts for a new dawn, my body yearns to protect the sunset. Your world will never be better. It will be a coward's creation. It is braver to fix that which is broken then start anew. And I do not stand alone. One by one do my comrades call out against you, call out against your insanity. The power of friendship is a joke within tales of yore, but all tales, all stories, are ground in truth - and this truth, is that one need not stand alone. I stand with Jynn, with Henry and the angels. With the elves and the Succubi. Even humans" She pounded her chest. "I am not a mistake! And I will not let you take away the life I have created! The lives everyone here wish to create, and continue! I refuse to merely existence anymore! I will live, not just for me, or for Jynn, or my mother. I will live for Shiva. For the woman who gave me hope." her eyes began to glow. "So do not speak her name again! Her ideals of true peace shall be forged, not in reforging everyone into one mind, one shape! But by reaching out and saying you matter! That your tears and laughter matter!" She shook but did not waver, cried but did not crack. "I am Eclaire Oathkeeper, daughter of Queen Zion of the Brightest Dawn, of Queen Xion of the Traitorous Night, Retainer of Shiva de la Alexandria. I was born from the love of two realms, that broke from their uniformity, destroyed their consoldiarity! It is the love of a Queen who believed in me, that I now can truly fly. It is the support of all around me that I will stand. And if I must, with an oath to keep with final breath, if I must - shall I be the one to drag you across the threshold to the doors of death!" Her piercing teal eyes were as if In Paradisum itself were now piercing the man before them. "I will forever stand with those who wish for a brighter future, not reforged with ancient magic but forged in the hope for a brighter future. And you will not take the dawn from us!"

Yevgeni Malachite, Elia Cabret, and Alderon Niles

Yevgeni's eyes glittered with an unreadable expression as he listened to Eclaire's words.  Finally he drew a step toward Nergodin, his rapier drawn at his side.  "Your path is one which I cannot–will not–tread.  Already I have taken the lives of those who did not deserve it, shed mass amounts of blood that will forever stain my hands and soil my grave.  The least that can be done is preserve the life that remains, not destroy it.  Odin, Nergal, whomever you are, I will stop you.  Your dream dies here."

The elf stood his ground; it seemed a sizable amount of the group stood alongside him–allies he never thought he could call allies.  Some of which he'd stood alongside once before, but more often had stood against.  His attention strayed toward Jynn as he spoke, though his words did not please his elven ears.  "Perhaps it is you who should rise your head, my prince, for I am standing alongside you opposing him."  Was Nergodin singular, plural, or had the two hearts merged?  Initially Yev was uncertain, though Nergodin's next words did confirm his suspicion.

One that he cared about, his gaze swept the crowd.  Was it Jynn, his own son, or perhaps Mariel, who seemed to bear some connection to Odin?  Yevgeni wasn't certain, though he did not linger long on the possibility that Nergal could mean himself.

Elia meanwhile turned to Helios.  "I saw you with her, when I was young," Elia murmured, eyes falling at Helios' feet shyly.  "Ari was my sister's pet name.  Her real name is Ariana.  Ariana Cabret.  I am her younger sister, Elia."

She then lifted her head toward Nergodin, attempting to mask the fear that penetrated her heart.  "You're wrong," she called out.  "Peace is a state of being, something that we must all work together to strive for.  Fey and humanity must continue to work on improvement, to be better than our ancestors and build a nation filled with peace and prosperity.  What you envision is is annihilation, and I won't have it!"  She readied her bow, though her hands shook violently.  

Alderon folded his arms over his chest, though said nothing.  His allies voiced his heart, and now it was time to make Nergodin pay for his insolence.  "Where is the djinni?" Alderon roared, turning his head to face his companions.  "While he may not be able to return my sight, I would like to wish for guidance.  Augment my senses, so that I may lend my blade to restore my fallen kingdom and bring an end to this hopeless soul.  Raiden, it grieves me that you should have to end like this, though I know deep down that this is not your fault.  I will release you from what binds you, my friend, so that your dream will not be scattered to the winds."  With that the king bowed his head, bringing a hand to his chest plate.  "Of that you have my word."

(Not much to do for Athena, and I will have to think of what to do for Everyth later)

~ Aqua: The City of Isolation~

The female elf kept quiet. Her mind was going into to overdrive with everything that had happened around her. It wasn’t as if she was scared to fight she wasn't. It was that even in this dire of a situation she still hated the thought of a fight. Even more than that she was tired of this fruitless struggle to change the world. Aqua was disgusted. Her mind couldn't cope. How could the others around her be provoked into killing another person with just a few words? “Do none of you have no value over life?! There’s nothing that’s worth more than life itself!" Her conviction to keep everyone alive only grew stronger. "We aren’t fighting to kill them we're trying to save them, anyone with anything else in mind is grossly misjudging the situation! We don’t know who or what, is corrupting what or who, so we can’t think about killing until we know that, even then killing needs to be the absolute last resort.”  She took a few deep, ragged breaths. There had to be some way to end this without anyone being killed. “There has to be a way to unfuse them. Maybe a way to weaken or break the connection with the Source?” Somehow there had to be a way to return to normal. She wouldn’t even wish being forcefully combined into another being onto her worst enemy. She slight shuttered at the thought.  

{Mariel: Isopolis; Final Chamber}

Mariel managed a semi-graceful landing as the whirlwind died away. There was more talk. Always more talk. Odin was different yet again, but that didn't matter. She was going to see that he didn't cause even more trouble. While other prepared and considered how to deal with the fused Odin and Nergal, the half crazed Angel launched an attack. Her old skills and training would have given her better ideas than to directly charge, but without them, all she had was the Sanguis Vindicta to guide her. She was going for the throat, hands curled into claws, a sonic scream building in her chest.

- Nergodin, Impermissible Unity - Isopolis: City of Isolation -

The display of power Nergodin emitted, though merely a glance, did elicit a few looks of fear, The Queen of Lust almost submitting to the throes of despair, were it not for her spawn motivating her and all those present with a grand speech, denouncing the murky ideals of the Fused Fey and declaring herself as no mistake, but something truly belonging, a woman with great purpose behind her every word and action...the Nergal within Nergodin was able to smile, at least half of his face, in admiration. King Alderon and the others were spurred on, the former seeking a way to still fight despite being without sight. Though it shook part of Nergodin's core when Yevgeni stood against the two of them, Nergal wanting desperately to scream out, to beg him to stand aside, but his words froze within a seized up throat, like the claws of a hawk had strangled him. The best he could manage...was a single tear from his right eye, his expression unchanged or even indicative of sorrow.

However, something soon altered this; a quiet voice had finally spoken up, yet it was in defiance of the heroes. Aqua, the White Mage without a staff, was calling for pacifism, to not kill Nergodin, seeking to save those merged from their entwined fate. The viciousness of Nergodin blocking, enduring and throwing Mariel off with his left arm was more than telling of how he felt about this, tilting his head at the Elf.

"Perhaps you weren't listening, little girl? Did dear old Eclaire's posturing fall upon deafened, pointed ears? Or are you simply so self-absorbed that you didn't care, electing to project a foolish, failing ideal upon those who simply seek, to protect the lives of others? Granted, they too are misguided, they cannot see what I want for them...but you...you put them to shame, young one."

Nergodin shook his now straightened head at the last few words, gesturing at Aqua with Lysander lightly, smacking his lips as he went on with his train of thought.

"Do you not know who we are? A treacherous, nihilistic Lord of Thunder and a Queenslayer, melded together with the power of the Worlds within us, seeking to change the world, by force, starting from zero to restore it to a glory long since lost...and you wish to save us? Protect our lives even if it forsakes your friends and spits in their faces? Do you think yourself as the only one suffering here?!"

Lysander crackled with volatile energies, as he brought it to his face, to eye it closely, then swiping it to his side as a gesture of disdain, narrowing his gaze squarely on the young Elf, his aura seemingly getting more wild as he kept on.

"Then good! Excellent news for you, Aqua! You can now watch as your friends hopelessly throw themselves against me and stand proud amongst their corpses, while you hold fast to your morals and keep your head! Held! High! The good little girl...who did nothing, as your new God butchered the valiant warriors and now looks to drown you in their blood."

Nergodin spoke, gestured and even cast Lightning across the skies with his mind in hopelessly dramatic, and very hateful fashion, his words spat like snake's venom, his expression a misshapen grimace, but, just as quickly as it came, it faded into a cold distaste upon the last sentence, as he then literally spat at the ground to his left, shaking his head slowly at Aqua.

"At least these Fey and Humans have something to fight for. Something to live for. Something to die for. What hope do you have? You're not even worth the effort and yet...I cannot stomach the sight of you any longer!!"

Within an instant, Nergodin focused all of the energy from before into his Glaive and tossed it at lightning speeds towards Aqua. Whether it hit her or not, it would swiftly expel all of the energy within it violently in a large radius, such was his intent to wipe her off the face of the Overworld.

Jynn, Dawson, and Bherna-City of Isolation

Jynn could not help but roll his eyes as soon as Aqua started talking. “Kid, I think right now would be a great time for you to stop talking.” However, Nergodin did not tolerate Aqua’s naivety, and hurled his glaive towards her direction. Jynn did not want to lose any of his teammates, even if they were painfully naive. Immediately sensing Nergodin’s movements, he positions himself in front of Aqua and the group. He calls fourth a huge rune, obviously acting as a shield, and braces for the impact. The glaive itself slightly budged the shield, but the energy within violently blasts Jynn backwards, causing fissures on the ground where he slid backwards. Afterwards, the shield dissipates, and Jynn’s armor immediately begins recovering any minor damage. 

The prince looks back. “Aqua, I’m going to have to ask you to stand down. He is way beyond reasoning right now.” He then looks to Bherna “Bherna, keep an eye on her, and get her out of here.” The latter nods and attempts to escort Aqua in a safer location. 

Jynn looks to Nergodin once more, snarling at the idea that Nergodin is their ‘god’. “So that’s what this is about. You just want a place on top. You want recognition. You want to matter. The fate of the worlds mean nothing to you.” Noticing his tossed aside draconic sword, La Justiceré, he extends his arm and calls the blade into his hand. A red flame emits from the blade, and draconic energy surges throughout the sword. “As we all implied: we will not let you have your way!” A blue aura emits around his body, and dark plasmas cackle out of the bioluminescent patches on his armor. He suddenly slams his sword into the ground, sending massive fissures of dragon energy, along with a powerful shockwave of dark lighting at Nergodin. 

Dawson pulls out a large horn and starts playing it. He gives all his allies a massive boost in their attacks, but is quick to warn them. “Act quickly! This massive boost will not last long! Make your attempts count!”

Helios was still confused. The name sounded familiar, but nothing clicked. The only thing that he could think of was static whenever he tried to come up with any memory. "I don't know any Arianna." Helios admitted, staring at Elia. "I'm sorry...but I don't know who your sister is." He said. He would say the same if asked for Ren, even as he wore his necklace around his neck. Helios would snap his head back up, glaring at Nergodin. As Eclaire gave her reasoning, it only seemed to add to the cloud of emotions that surrounded the area. They were not going to give up, not after all who they have lost, all that they have suffered, all that they had gone through. At Aqua's cries, Helios would look up at her with a hiss, bearing his fangs. "They have joined with the source of all life, and have become a new person, a new being all together! How can one reason with a god that refuses to kneel?" He saw as Nergodin charged, attempting to wipe her off of existence, only to be saved by Jynn. The heir to the throne would send out a massive surge of energy across the field, giving his allies the needed boost. Helios' eyes dilated, letting out a roar. He charged right at Nergodin, leaving a wave of wind behind as he sped up, bearing his teeth and sharp claws at him to scratch and bite.

The energy that remained of Arthur would feel the sudden charge of energy, giving it the boost that it desperately needed. The energy would dash across the field, straight at Nergodin as it proceeded to transform into a wolf of lightning. He bit down, sending pure electric energy right through the god, glowing eyes glaring through. "GiVE RaiDEn bAcK!"

Aura managed to listen to the words of Alderon, who was asking the whereabouts of Rufus. Apparently the King wanted to wish for something, something to help him, to make him able to join the battle. Aura untied the lamp from her belt and stared at it. If she could give the King the lamp, maybe he could have his wish.

" Sifrei, I need to get close to the king," She said to the Archangel, "He needs the lamp. If I can reach him, then he will be able to use it. Stay here and protect the princess, alright?"

Sifrei did not answered, only stood in front of the princess. Aura took a deep breath and dashed towards Alderon.

Rabiyu was impressed by Eclaire's speech, it reflected much of what everyone thought about Nergodin's current plans, everyone except for one. Nergodin was apparently impressed by their will, but his face quickly changed as he listened to Aqua's words. Just as quickly he focused all his power on his blade before tossing the blade towards the elf girl. Rabiyu made a jump backwards to put enough distance from the attack, at that moment she saw Aura running towards...somewhere. Not even the sound of Dawson's horn, or his words, did not mattered at the moment. Not even as Nergodin's attack made contact with the Prince's shield rune.

"Oh no, what is she doing?" Rabiyu thought, "She could get hurt unless I do something."

Without Rabiyu's knowledge, Dawson's horn had augmented the power of the elf, and made it possible for Rabs to cast multiple barriers around those who were not able to protect themselves. Aura, Alderon and Everyth, Mikhail, Henry, princess Athena and Sifrei, would be protected from the coming impact of Nergodin's attack against the Prince's shield. Aura made her way and reached Alderon, or she hoped it was him, she had only followed his scent. It was at that moment that a barrier appeared around her and the king.

"What was that? Nevermind. King Alderon? I brought you this, " Aura said as she put Rufus' lamp on the king's hands, "This is Rufus' lamp, you can make your wish. Just be quick, I do not think we have much time."

Edited by Elrandir

- Nergodin, within Isopolis with every kind of attack sent his way -

From within the mindscape of the shared body, Odin gazed across towards Nergal with malign disdain, sharing his contempt with the other.  He had been watching without as well as within, time slowed from examining things inwardly, and the outside events seemed troubling at best now that he had been shoved to the sidelines by the consciousness of Nergal.

If you think you can stop me from doing anything, Ashen One, he answered gruffly, you would be horrifically mistaken.  However, this petty feuding will do neither of us good now that we have fused, so I will grant you this.  I gift to you my word as assurance that Yevgeni will be safe to the best of my abilities.  However, as he has turned his sword towards both of us, some method must be provided to ensure his survival.  My recommendation is Lysander.

Hear me out while I confess its secret to you, so that you may use it as potently as I:  it can turn enemies into allies.  When the blade and its accompanying arm becomes ethereal and it slashes a person or animate object, the being becomes more prone to psychological assaults and charisma.  We need slash Yevgeni in such a manner only once or twice, and he will no longer press himself against us in the field of combat.  He may, in fact, aid us, or walk away.  His eyes narrowed.  They are attacking with lightning, my element.  My turn.

-- -- --

Throwing Nergal's consciousness back, Odin found time moving at a normal speed again for him while regaining control.  The body of Nergodin loosened its stance in the face of a lightning shockwave and a ravening Raiju in the shape of a lightning wolf.  Helios charged forward as well, but the fused man paid more attention to the electric attacks sent his way.

A handsign of Flying General's Lightning Channel protected him for the most part from Jynn's powerful black lightning, absorbing much of the energy for Nergodin's own, though charring strands managed to get through and graze his skin.  Helios came next, but Nergodin dodged to the side, performed an aerial kick aimed for Helios' exposed flank, and spiralled away from both Jynn and the Spriggan.  Last, but certainly not least, was Arthur, the energy manifestation approaching speedily and quickly latching on to his arm with its jaws and attempting to electrocute him.  Nergodin grunted in pain as he fought the electric current, but with Lightning Channel still active there was no significant danger to him.  Instead, it would be more dangerous--maybe disastrous--to Arthur, as he did not have much of a body between him and his energy anymore.

"Did you not recall I had this?" the simultaneous voices of the fused beings called out before Nergodin shifted and pulled his arm closer to Arthur, attempting to put the Raiju in a headlock.  Next up would be placing his active Lightning Channel on Arthur's head, which he quickly attempted should Arthur not squirm out of his bonds.

Much more happened in the background, he realised.  Aqua was being brought away from the fight by an escort, and barriers were being put up by someone in the group, Rabiyu, most likely.  He had to cut down or convert the elven lass Rabiyu quickly, if he could, much like Henry.  If he could make her an ally, the situation would be significantly less problematic.  Speaking of Henry, the man was still alive, much to his annoyance.  It did not matter much in the end with that wound of his, and that witcher's concoction he drank.  Likely his allies worsened the effects rather than aided.  He liked that possibility.

- Rufus Contralto -

Rufus was still in shock by the turn of events, uncertain about a great number of things.  There was Raiden's -- or rather Odin's -- betrayal towards them all, and the massive confusion that occurred with the Source merging two people into one that threw him for a loop.  There was also that ominous looming figure in the background, a shade from the look of things, but one of a kind that he had seen only once before.  Those glowing eyes, and that lustrous smile that gave out light where it should not.  Could it be . . . ?

However, duty called quicker than it usually did, with a king that desired a wish.  Looking down upon the scenario, Aura granted the man Rufus' lamp in order to make the wish come true, and Rufus was more than happy to assist with this.

"You wish for augmented senses?  I will happily grant you this wish.  Hold out your hand onto the lamp and it shall be so."

With a whole bunch of hand-waving and silly faces, Rufus readied the rite of wish granting.  Should Alderon touch the lamp, the magic will be released and he will be a stronger, more in-tune individual than he was currently.

Helios would be kicked back, the dragon spiraling before curling back up in control. The Shapeshifter would look over at Jynn. "I'll open a path for you! Hit him as hard as you can!" He yelled. He turned, charging straight back at Nergodin right from behind, reaching out to claw at his back and biting at his neck. The energy would squirm and fight against Nergodin's grip on him, roaring and bearing his fangs. Yet he felt the heavy presence of what he tried to do. The energy would wiggle around wildly, dancing on the surface as it tried to pull away. The energy would let out a loud shrill, when suddenly it would take that humanoid form again. Its hand pressed against Nergodin's chest, the bright eyes remaining as wild as the lightning that surged from him. "..RaIDeN...I kNOw yOu arE iN THeRE..." It spoke, the energy focusing on the hand that was pressed against the God's chest. "CoME bACk, RaiDEN!" The energy roared. The lightning would crackle loudly before it would suddenly surge at the hand, before it would take shape once more. if Nergodin didn't push the energy away in time, it would end up forming a large sword made out of lightning, beginning from in front of Nergodin, and ending behind him, going right through.

Edited by Stardustblade358