Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

--Yevgeni Malachite--

"No." Yev stopped Bherna short by grabbing her shoulder, in an attempt to stop her from leading Aqua away.  "Let her stay."  His emerald eyes shifted toward the young elf, considering her a moment.  "I've watched her train during our travels.  Her magic is among the most potent that I have yet witnessed; we could all benefit from its use."

His gaze fell to Aqua's empty hands, a frown furrowing his brow.  "But I see that you have lost your staff.  You can still channel your magic, Aqua, just remain focused and remember your training.  I know that you are against killing and taking lives, but right now is not the time for debate.  It isn't about right or wrong anymore–it is about survival, and if we want to survive we need to subdue them at best.  If it requires the loss of life so be it.  You must understand."  He offered her a curt nod, expression stern as a master would look upon his apprentice.  "I trust in you.  Show us what you can do!"

Yev then takes a tenacious step toward Nergodin, craning his neck to look up into the god's violet face.  One which he could partially recognize, though he mostly could not.  "Your reign will be a short one; of that I can assure you."  He ran his fingers along the blade of his rapier, muttering a quick incantation before tracing a rune in the sky.  Comets came showering down upon Nergodin, varying in size and ferocity.  Between his own attack and Helios', he hoped that it would be enough of a distraction.

--Elia Cabret--

The raven-haired fairy tilted her head, looking at Helios curiously, but before she could argue anything more the spriggan sprung up into battle.  "You get him!" Elia cheered, before standing up and clasping her hands together. She may not be able to put her white magic to aid others, but she still had her time magic.  A golden aura began to surround the young fey, which extended upon Helios.  His speed would be hastened, making him more difficult for Nergodin to target.

--Alderon Niles--

The human king accepted the lamp proffered to him graciously by Aura.  "Thank you, young one," he said, moments before finalizing his wish upon the djinn.  While his traditional sight remained lost to the sacrifices, his senses were heightened in a new way.  With his eyes closed he could see the outlines of one's spirit–and he knew which one he was going for.

"NERGALLLLL!" Alderon roared, charging up to Nergodin and attempting to cut him down with the sheer force of his claymore.

--Everyth Castanova--

The witch kneeled alongside Mikhail and Henry, her silver locks elegantly framing her face.  She brought a wrinkled hand to Henry's cheek.  While age had affected most everything else about Everyth, her violet eyes remained vibrant.  They locked onto Henry.

"If you were to give him, say, additional life force," Everyth began slowly. "Would he live?"  The cogs were turning, and Everyth mused over this carefully.  She had little left to live for anyway, and she knew that now with her agedness she would be more alone than ever if they made it out of Isopolis alive.

{Mariel: Isopolis}

Mariel managed to land on her feet from being tossed away by Nergodin. The ease with which he did so didn’t seem to perturb her as her glowing red eyes glared up at the combined being. She took to the sky again, gaining a little height before diving at Nergodin. The Light Magic that she was blessed with answered her internal howl for blood. Wild blasts of Light emanated from her hands as she came for her target’s throat again.

- Alastor, Alicia, Typhon, Mikhail and Henry - Isolation's battle - City of illusion, of illusion -

It all happened so quick, the fusion between Nergal and Odin happened faster than anyone could have acted, even Alastor, whom had shattered the barrier protecting Odin could not foresee what would happen, the vortex engulfed both Odin and Nergal, and almost took Alastor along with it as he was beside them as it happened. Alastor tried his best to jump out of the way, but the vortex caught up to him too late, by the time he recovered and shot himself off the vortex with wind magic, the impulse send him flying off the floating granite structure everyone found themselves in, as the events unfolded soon after.

Alicia stared in awe at the new superior life form, Nergodin, an unholy fusion of two horrible men, now with one common goal, to erase all life. She saw the other's attacks on him and especially the new form Arthur had taken, who was now being held in Nergodin's grip, but as Arthur retaliated, Alicia acted to assist the electric being by firing two medium sized spikes of ice flying at sonic speeds with wind magic boosting their travel speed, attempting to impale Nergodin's arms and get him to release Arthur. 

Whether it would work was irrelevant as she would follow up Yevgeni's attack, she began to ca- 

"Excuse me" Typhon spoke as he interrupted Alicia by placing his hand on her shoulder. "There's too many attacks going at him at the same time, and he can use it to counter and wound many of us at once, you launching a barrage of attacks right now would only exarcebate the problem and possibly lead to friendly fire...wait for an opportunity" Typhon advised her, to which she grit her teeth as she begrudingly had to follow along the Cyph's advice and wait for Nergodin's move to counter.

Meanwhile amidsts the mayhem, Mikhail was still looking over Henry, whose's chest wound had already healed due to both his and Helios's potions, also because Typhon Jr was also forcibly closing the wounds and administering healing as well

The witcher could do nothing but stay silent and watch as a silver haired woman kneeled beside Henry, without turning her eyes away from the wounded man. Her next words both surprised and impressed him, as she was willing to give the man life force to keep him alive. "I can't be certain...I can't detect any life force coming from him, I doubt he even has any...I don't know if giving him some would work."

"I won't stop you if you're willing to, but...I can't promise it'l work." The witcher explained.

- Memories of a Dying brain -

All I see is an ever distant light in the distance, shadows surround me.

Is this how...death feels?

My memories slowly fade...I can't remember my own name...or who I am...

I walk through a rural camp...a farm...I see people...my family?

They welcome me inside...my home?

Is this...the afterlife?

- The Mad god, Maxis and Hektor - The Battle of the mind - 

"So...it seems..." The Mad god spoke, apparently fully accepting of his fate, defeated by both Hektor and Meksis, as the latter demanded him bring back Maxis. "And you...think I can?" It spoke to Meksis, as it slowly moved its hand to Meksis's arm and began to pull it away from it, its strenght still enough to pull Meksis away from it. But it was effectively defeated regardless.

"If I could separate myself from him...I would have done so Thirty eight thousand years ago...he's the single worst host i've ever had, I mean...every other I could dominate over time, the ones with the most sane and stable minds were the easiest, but HIM, he was deranged the moment he fused himself with me! I had to make so many drastic actions to get him to lose control, and that damn seal he had made with the queen pretty much nulled me to uselesness the moment it was made!" The mad god began an entire angry monologue about his frustrations with Maxis as his host and how annoying it was to have to stand his antics throughout millenia, as the landscape changed back to the river on top of a city

"Perhaps there is a way..." Said Hektor as he looked over at Meksis. "And we might not have to do anything..." Hektor spoke, clearly catching onto something Meksis probably didn't.

"Maxis? care to demonstrate?" Hektor spoke. As the mad god would begin to feel a tug in his chest, and said tug would turn to Maxis's hand bursting through his torso as it screamed in pain. "Right-yo Tea boy!" Maxis spoke, in his genuine tone, a refreshing sight. As he tore his way out of the god's torso and slid on the ground, before getting up as the god reeled back.

"We can't be separated...that much is true Meksis, I purposefuly altered my own being with him in order to prevent him from ever coming out, but I didn't have the power to kill him...not alone anyway, and I couldn't possibly bring him out to fight me inside my mind, he knew I was stronger..." Maxis spoke.

A moment of awkward silence would follow, before Maxis shrugged and sighed.

"So...I have to apologize, for using you Meksis, you see, my plan all along...was to have you defeat me in battle and get inside my mind, I couldn't predict if you would be able to beat me, or even if you would have gotten this far...but you did, and im proud of you for that!"  Maxis spoke. "And im even more surprised at Hektor turning up to assist you, and it all worked out in the end!...I hope anyway." Maxis explained,  as he slowly began to turn around to look at the mad god. "Still...I need to deal with him...and now that he can't possibly run, this is the best opportunity to do so...to end this once and for all." Maxis said in a grim tone at the end as he began to slowly walk towards The mad god, who tried to drag himself away, only for Maxis to pull him by the leg and stand on top of him. "So I guess this is it, huh?" 

"So it s-" The mad god would be interrupted as Maxis pierced its throat with his own hand, "Shut up." Maxis spoke, as he did so, he shoved his hand further, and as he did, the entire landscape shook, as if a eartquake had just occured. Maxis's other hand geabbed the entity's head. 

"Quod olim animis iuncti secernimur undis, evanescet ejus, et ejus novum unum accipere locum suum."
"Relinquo omnia quae ego inanis in fine, ut ne renatus fuerit denuo."
"May my next incarnation dream."

Maxis spoke, following an ancient combination of words of power...used to completely erase an armor...and create another one in its stead...without the memories...an ancient last recourse of the Armor in case they all fell to corruption... a phrase Meksis would know if he had read the book thorougly.

After Maxis ended his words, the mental landscape began to distort, shake and fade away, slowly. All that would be Maxis would be gone from the world...

"It is done, Meksis...Maxis...I am afraid this is the last time you'l see the current me." He spoke, with a sorrowful tone as he turned to face Meksis, walking over to him, and summoning his signature dagger, "Keep this...A memento, from your best pal." Maxis spoke as he grabbed Soren by the head and pulled him closer with his other hand, effectively locking Meksis in a headbutt with him. "I failed at everything, I could not protect Shiva, I could not protect you or everyone else, and in the end, I could not protect myself." Maxis spoke, letting out all of his troubles.

"I leave all that I had...and my legacy...to you...Meksis." Maxis spoke as the entire landscape disappeared, engulfed in a blinding light. 

Meksis would then find himself in the same spot he had been fighting Maxis in the real world, except this time, with Maxis's dagger in his hand, the dagger was lifeless, only a sharp ornamental dagger now, as its owner was gone. But still a memento from Maxis to Meksis.

Beside him, a figure would appear from thin air...Hektor...Placing a hand on Meksis's shoulder  from behind.

"Let his death not weigh you down, let it instead inspire you to keep moving foward...Its what he would have wanted." Hektor tried to comfort Meksis, awaiting the armor's response.

- Alastor - 

As Alastor was flung off the platform he could not stop his momentum with wind magic in time, there were limiations to it, he quickly threw his sword, Wind Master onto a wall on the exterior of the floating location, quickly chanting a teleportation spell as he teleported to his sword, who held his weight as he held onto it for dear life...and with that...and idea...

"Hm."

Edited by Scrapmaster

~ Aqua: You know where, DETERMNATION~ 

Aqua remained silent and eerily calm as the blast went toward her. Time had slowed down in her mind as she went over her options.  Before she could implement any of them, however, a shield had been placed in the path of the blast. She then heard insults thrown her way. Aqua felt frustrated by the others lack of faith in her, well all except for one. “Thank you for believing in me, Yev. I plan on fighting. I’d rather avoid death if possible.” She explained then took a deep breath to keep herself calm. “Anyone have a plan? I’d rather not mindlessly attack.” Aqua would need to conserve her magic and use it carefully if she wanted to make her magic useful. 

- Aura - Isopolis: The City of Isolation -

Aura waited as the King asked for his wish, and took the lamp back once he had received what he asked for. She didn't even noticed the almost transparent barrier that Rabiyu had casted around them.

"We should be careful, King Alderon," Aura said calmly, "We shouldn't rush into-"

Aura was not able to finish what she was trying to say as Alderon rushed towards Nergodin. She was left speechless by the recklessness of the King.

- Rabiyu - Isopolis: The City of Isolation -

The white haired elf watched as the King ran towards the fused being known as Nergodin before going back to Aura. That girl was reckless, and she could have died, but she was safe for now and that knowledge gave Rabiyu a small amount of relief. It looked like few of the members of their group began to attack Nergodin, wether their attacks would be successful or not, she didnt't know. What she did know was that it was possible for Nergodin to use their own attacks against them and she was not going to attempt and attack, yet. She instead moved closer to Yevgeni and Aqua.

"Look for an opening, then, when the time is right, use that chance to strike," Rabiyu asnwered Aqua, "It is not wise to attack him all at the same time. He could use our own attacks against us and that would put us at a disadvantage."

Edited by Elrandir

Eclaire, Xion, and Rhea - We gonna go full DBZ her

Eclaire felt the wind buffet her. Jynn held the attack back, but there was nothing they could do. As Jynn and the others attacked, more spears now appeared before those who held back.

"Give me what you can spare!" Eclaire roared. "I'll only have one shot, and I'll need everything I can get! Jynn and the others can hold him off, maybe even wound him. But we need to strike him down before he gains more control over the source!" She stabbed her sword in the ground, falling to a knee. To create so many spears took it's toll. She needed to bring them back soon. She couldn't begin the circle...not without their power.

Xion kicked off. Having already spared power, she flew towards Jynn, landing beside him. "Jynn. We need to hold him off. Do as much damage as we can." She looked at him. "Eclaire needs time to prepare an attack. Before, we were ready to pierce the winds and reach him. Unleash everything, Prince of Kilkis Seres." Her steele flashed, adding to him a rune - that of power.
"The horn granted us a boon, and I have doubled it to you. Do what you can, Prince. And when the time is right...make sure we don't miss." She winged back quickly. She wouldn't be able to attack, not without losing precious mana. Landing already, she got on her hands and knees and began to draw more runes around Eclaire.

Rhea flew before them. "Elf! I will hold back and defend. You and the angel spared what power you could - Do whatever you can now. Regain what you can." She held Geirskogul out, Ice and Fire flowing off it. "I shall ensure Eclaire's attack is not forestalled."

- Nergodin, one versus many in Isopolis -

Nergodin's eyes shot wide as he glanced down at the energy's formation of crackling power within its hand, the being that was once Arthur hanging onto memories and seemingly fueled by them.  He had no choice, he had to let go, though he did come out of the exchange marginally for the better, even if one of Alicia's icy projectiles slammed into his shoulder.  The energy would be drained of its power by a fair amount, and Nergodin would gain such power, gaining a surge of regeneration and heat that shoved out the steaming ice from his shoulder.  He was pleased to know that he had made the right choice even through the pain, slipping backwards and out of the way of the newly manifested lightning sword, though he realised too late that Helios was behind him.

"Search Magic," he muttered under his breath, eyes glittering with new light that, like it did with Raiden, showed much around him that would otherwise have been missed.  He could view the actions of several people at once, all around him, and with Helios so close he did what he could to escape the worst thing that could happen to him:  being bitten in a dangerous area such as his neck.

Kicking off of the ground with a masterful spin, he avoided getting bitten by the hastened (by Elia), shapeshifted Helios, but several gashes were made into Nergal's skin on his arm and back by Helios' mighty claws.  Biting back pain, he landed appropriately and clacked his weapons together two times, generating two lightning-element waves of energy fueled by the Source and his own power, and aimed toward Helios, Arthur, Henry, and everyone gathered around Henry.  The closer to Nergodin, the worse off people would be if struck successfully with this ability, so Helios had to think fast to avoid it in part or in full.  Everybody else, excepting maybe Arthur, would feel the sensation of 500 watts of power coursing across their skin, paralysing them temporarily.

The comet barrage of Yevgeni's was certainly challenging, the tiny ice meteors smashing full force onto the ground around him, sometimes on him.  Had Nergodin not cast a heavy coating of Lightning Armour on himself, he might have had a difficult time with the barrage, but it also bought him time before Alderon charged in, aiming to take off his head with his massive claymore with newfound dexterity.  How did the human king gain such a feat after the loss of his eyesight?  He wondered over this as he dodged the swing of his massive blade and countered with his own.

Lysander arced out and became ethereal, and to those who paid close attention they could find that his arm swinging the weapon became ethereal too for a moment.  The sword was indefensible.  It would take a dodge to prevent being cut by its spirit-rending edge, and if struck Alderon would feel a sense of confusion of why he was fighting Nergodin.  His thoughts would be addled, but only additional cuts would bring out Lysander's truest working on the man:  the forming of a stout ally even under the greatest of crises.

Mariel would come next, the angel surprisingly still coming after him with a deathly serious gaze stuck within those red eyes of her.  Nergodin only smiled at the angel.  No, it was more of a grimace as he dodged as many blasts of Light as she tossed.  Nergodin's search magic was still active, and dodging magic missiles was going to be much simpler than before when Alicia fired off that duo of icy shards.  Worse yet, he handled Lysander in front of him and flew forward in a very swift motion, aiming his sword, once again ethereal and spirit-rending, at Mariel's stomach as he slipped passed her.  Dodging would be difficult, but necessary, to avoid getting slashed, and much like Alderon, instead of feeling a cut, she would feel confusion about why she was fighting him, an inclination that doing so just did not feel right.

Still flying through the air, he surveyed the situation down below, espying the vast number of spears decorated around that retainer of Shiva, that measly halfblood who dared to inspire his enemies with a flowery petulance of a tirade.  Such an ability coming from her . . . it was astounding, even if earned through borrowed power, and can quickly kill.  He had to stop the ritual before it was too late.

While righting himself, he gathered up the remaining power he gained from Arthur and fired it off as three projectiles, lightning bolts at the centre of railgun-speed gusts of air, a combination of Raiden's and the Infiltrator's abilities.  One was aimed at each of the surrounding individuals:  one at Eclaire, one at Xion, and one at Rhea.  If struck head-on, the damage would be severe and they would risk falling over the edge of the platform paralysed.  If struck only by the wind, they would be hard-pressed to gather their breath after being slammed by a high-powered gust.

((No dialogue in this, but I hope I responded to everyone appropriately.  Scrap, your moment to absorb is here!  Those I had Nergodin attempt to cut spiritually, these will leave no wounds but would inspire doubt in their actions.  Elrandir, I'll aim for completing my plan with you sometime later when there is a more appropriate moment for Nergodin to target one of your characters.))

Edited by Vaude

- Helios & Arthur Something - /w everyone else - Isopolis: City of Isolation -

Spoiler

Arthur missed with the projection of his lightning sword, but that didn't stop him. He was what remained, but the small bits of memory still kept him going. It was small, and merely momentary. A push that would allow Arthur to take shape and take action before he would return to his clueless energy state. Maybe it was the sight of Nergodin attacking his allies, or the sight of what he knew as Raiden turning into something that seemed unatural in his eyes. There was no caution, no worry for the rest; his sole focus was on the enemy at hand. Arthur would huff, holding onto the sword, well, what would be a sword should it actually have a physical form. Helios would find victory in the drawing of Nergal's blood by his claws. Yet it wasn't over, as he would attack back with a powerful lightning attack. Helios' eyes widened, feeling the powerful of energy spreading across. He gasped a bit, narrowing his eyes. He had to think quickly! He couldn't possibly shift right now, not without having the risk of being unable to turn back. He would turn, hoping to only receive the hit from the back instead of the front before swinging his tail right towards Nergodin. If he could land a hit, the man would have a powerful tail whip him across the body. Arthur wasn't affected by the energy...instead he was empowered. He would charge right through the energy and straight at Nergodin. He only ended up absorbing the energy, which would swirl around Arthur's sword and only make it bigger and more powerful than before. "RaIDeN!!!" He screeched, swinging the electric sword right at the god.

Yevgeni Malachite

It disappointed the elf to find that his meteor shower left little impact on Nergodin, but left a greater impact on himself.  He had used some of his higher tier magic to pull it off, and Nergodin brushed it off as though it were merely raining; a brief annoyance and nothing more.

"That is a fair point, Eliltari," Yev agreed.  "We should indeed stagger our attacks, as well as buy Eclaire some time.  It seems that she is planning something that may turn the tide in our favor."

Yevgeni's gaze fell upon the retainer as she worked her magic, and saw that Nergodin, too, had taken notice of the succubus.  He was too far away to do much, and the speed of the lightning bolts were ever quicker than he could've been.  The best he could do was weave together rays of light that worked as a shield before Eclaire alone.  It would shatter upon impact of the lightning bolt attack emitted from Nergodin, and may even still affect her, though the damage would greatly lessen than if he hadn't intervened.

Elia Cabret

The fairy kicked off into the air, rising high amidst the chaotic battle, knitting an arrow into her bow and tugging at the string.  Wisps of violet magic surrounded the arrow, as time became distorted around the arrow.  Eventually she let it fly, its speed ever increasing as it flew at Nergodin's head.  It was darting at 500 mph by the time it would make impact, its force hearty enough to penetrate even the most invulnerable matters.

Everyth Castanova

The elder woman seemed at odds with the predicament, biting her lip hard.  "Well," she started slowly.  "I am useless in this battle, and soon I will die of old age anyway.  Henry at least would be better suited for saving our world, and . . . .  I'd like for him to have his happy ending once all of this is over."

Very tenderly, Everyth planted her lips against Henry's cool, lifeless forehead before rising and turning to Mikhail.  She gave the Witcher a nod.  "I am ready."

Once Mikhail would transfer her life energy, Everyth would find herself no longer on the battlefield, but rather in a field of white.  Much like the bleak space where she had sacrificed her youth, only this was different.  It felt different. She felt different.

Not quite dead, but not quite alive, either.  Everyth rationalized that this must be a place between life and death, the world and the afterlife.

Her hair fell over her shoulder, and she felt relieved to find that it was dark again.  Up ahead she saw what seemed . . . was it Henry?  Was he real, or was this all in her head?  She could not be sure, but to her it didn't matter.  The raven-haired woman strode forward, pausing when she was standing side-by-side this Henry.

"I don't know if you are real or not," she murmured, barely glancing over her shoulder, "but kick Nergodin up to the heavens.  The worlds need you."  She began to walk away, fading into the white light, before she turned back and added: "Oh, and do me a favor, would you?  Take care of Princess Athena.  She is a sweet girl and deserves her happiness, much like you do, Henry.  Stay strong and be well."

Alderon Niles

His attack had been thwarted, only for an attack of Nergodin's to be launched his way.  Nergodin's arm becoming ethereal confused Alderon for a moment, as the outlines which defined his position disappeared, leaving the human king blind to the swing.  It deftly struck his chest plate, denting it and bruising his flesh, though thankfully no further damage riddled his body.  Instead it addled his mind.  The king felt confused.  Why was he attacking Nergodin?  Why would he bother?  After all, the god had done nothing to personally offend him: it was Yevgeni who destroyed his world.

Clutching his claymore, the human king turned around, eyes narrowing as he searched for the soul that he sought.  The elf's outline was similar to the rest, though a few of his gestures were unmistakable.  Letting out a cry, Alderon charged deftly across the battlefield, swinging his claymore horizontally toward Rabiyu, thinking that it was Yevgeni.

"This is all your fault!" he cried out.  "You wiped my world from existence, and now I shall wipe you away with it!"

Mariel tried to strike at Nergodin with her fists, but he was too fast. His ethereal blade passed through her causing the red light in her eyes to fade. Caught up in his wake,  the angel felt the enchantment work on her mind as she tumbled in the air. Lysander's Magic told Mariel she shouldn't be fighting it's master, but the Sanguis Vindicta was not so easily swayed. The affliction tasted the controlling magic and surged through Mariel's veins anew. The ancient blood burned away doubt, replacing it with an overwhelming desire to destroy the source of it. Scholars attributed this to blind rage going after what had hurt it last, but only a few remembered its true purpose: a safety feature designed into the "affliction". 

Every vein stood out with vivid red on Mariel's skin as her eyes snapped back into red. In blurring speed, she righted her self in the air and shot after Nergodin. Her wings beat the air, leaving a few white feathers on the Wind behind her, red feathers replacing them. Coming up behind the combined being, the blood angel roared her defiance, letting lose a sonic blast strong enough to shatter steel, leaving her throat ravaged and raw. The wave of destructive sonic vibrations was followed closely by Mariel, aiming to slam into Nergodin like a missile.

Edited by rikunobodyxiii

Rabiyu's eyes were focused on Aura, until the girl quickly made her way back towards the Sifrei and Athena. Rhea's voice made her focus once more and look towards Eclaire. Whatever she was planning to do would require time, time that they had to obtain by distracting Nergodin. Rabiyu watched as Nergodin's ability to dodge and escape, albeit not unscarred, from the multiple attacks that everyone launched against him. The Source must have given him a boost on his abilities, that and the boost thanks to the fusing of Odin and the Queenslayer. This was an adversary that they couldn't afford to underestimate.

"Whatever she is planning to do, it will require time to prepare. Our only objective now is to stop that man from disrupting Eclaire," Rabiyu said to Yevgeni, "no matter the means. Some of us should focus on keeping that man occupied while others should stay behind to protect Eclaire. Mond's barrier will protect her from bodily harm for a little while but-"

It was at that moment that Rabiyu saw Nergodin shoot a triple attack towards Eclaire and those close to her. There was barely enough time to react, and the effect of Dawson's boost was almost fading. In a last attempt to protect the Retainer, Rabiyu turned around, reached her hand out towards Eclaire while muttering a few arcane words. As the Elf finished the spell, a globe of light would began to form around Eclaire, with her on the center, this would protect her, and only her, as Nergodin's attack was fast enough that Rabiyu did not have time to focus on those around Eclaire.

"Look out! Do not-" Were the only words that Rabiyu managed to speak.

With a powerful hit, Rabiyu was launched forwards before falling into the ground. She remained laying there, a small amount of blood coming out from the slash that she now had on her back. She had been so focused on protecting Eclaire that she failed to notice the sound of footsteps quickly approaching her from behind, not until she felt pain and was already on the ground. It took some amount of effort to get up on her feet, but she did, trying to hold back any sign of pain. The moment she turned around she saw the person who had attacked her. It was one of her own allies, King Alderon, who had attacked her while her back was turned.

"What is the meaning of this?! Have you lost your mind, Human king?" Rabiyu asked as she took out two daggers from her belt, "Or does this means that you have also betrayed us?!"

Edited by Elrandir

Jynn, Bherna, and Dawson-Isopolis, VS Nergodin

Yevgeni manages to stop Bherna from escorting Aqua away, claiming that the latter possesses powerful abilities. Bherna narrows her eyes before allowing him to take Aqua. She quickly swings her glaive at him, stopping when the blade is a few inches from his neck. “Do not let her die in the same matter you did with the world below. You will surrender your ambitions and face fair trial.” She finally lowers her weapon and focuses on Nergodin. Alderon has been struck by the foe’s sword, and is now aggressively rushes at Rabiyu, and manages to slash her on the back. “Rabs!” 

Dawson’s jaw drops in shock. He starts yelling at Alderon. “Why are you betraying us, you dumbass brute?!” He launches himself at the human king, and attempts to strike him with a boomerang coated with paralysis. “By the way, that’s Rabiyu you buffoon!” If Alderon doesn’t respond, he may be unable to move for a short time. 

Witnessing all of this, Jynn then looks back to Nergodin. He then eyes Lysander. As soon as Alderon was slashed by that sword, he became aggressive towards us instead of our enemy. Is there a power in that sword that can alter minds? If so, I must attempt to destroy it, AND inflict dragonblight on Odin, if it will. He then powers up La Justiceré. He also remembers Eclaire’s strategy. It also seems that close combat is our best bet to victory, especially if I want to inflict dragonblight. Jynn summons eight portal-like orbs around him, and each fire a beam of dark aura at Nergodin. But this was merely a ruse. Regardless if Nergodin gets affected by it or not, Jynn rushes in, using the beams to cover his presence from Nergodin. As soon as he gets close enough, the beams dissipate, and Jynn slams La Justiceré into Lysander, hoping to do some damage to Nergodin’s blade. Jynn also keeps aware of Nergodin’s movements, in case he tries anything.

Edited by Endless Thundaga

- Nergodin, Impermissible Unity, Against Many - Isopolis, City of Isolation -

- Within the Mindscape -

"I'll hold you to that, vow, Odin...but this blade of yours, Lysander, it will not work on everyone, surely? Some of them have stronger minds, wills of iron or are simply too stubborn to turn. Should Henry rise again, his will cannot be broken, neither will he be swayed...I know this much about him. And forget people like Soren or Alastor. The former has already changed sides once and lost his queen...you cannot deter him, he surely considers himself a wall for his friends. As for the latter...perhaps he is a contentious issue. I can feel your mind, at least partially. Alastor is a friend to you, no? Maybe you can appeal to this, or he will simply ignore you, for you are not Lord Raiden and you don't have his fire." Nergal postured for a while, his gestures oddly light and dismissive at times.

"As long as you lack a heart, you will never win this battle alone. Yet I feel so little in the way of inclination to help you...if only to protect my own blood and flesh, as it is a part of yours now. But so long as you a part of me, you will not stray, nor will you bring harm to my dear friend." He declared calmly, yet disdainfully, his eyes leaving their squint to glare sharply, ensuring his words were clearly heard and understood.

- Within the City -

Within an instant, Nergodin's demeanor changed in a disturbing flash, Nergal's consciousness taking the reigns, calling his Glaive to protect him; the weapon twirling aggressively as if it held its own will, to block Arthur dead in his tracks, leading to the weapon swiping as to knock the energy being away, all while allowing Nergodin to focus on more imminent and important threats. Elia's powerful arrow being one of them, requiring Nergodin to take what was left of the Lightning Armour Odin had cast during his turn, focus it to a single point: The tip of Lysander, aim and with some extra power courtesy of the Void, fire at the arrow to meet it halfway, all in just a few seconds. Now while he was more vulnerable to lightning damage, Nergodin turned his attention toward Jynn Venas, who called forth eight portals, that prepared to fire dark energy at him from several directions. This led to the fused being attempting to protect himself with a void-borne spherical shield around himself, which took the brunt of the impact, but aftershocks from the darkness hurt him, even if but a little bit. Hearing Mariel's rage behind him, Nergodin concentrated the shield behind him and fired it toward her, hopefully it would push past her sonic waves and knock her down, but if not, it would at least take the brunt of the sound-based pain, for he needed to now engage Prince Jynn personally.

Jynn aimed to attack and damage Lysander, like it was a cursed blade, so Nergodin had to respond and quickly: Reinforcing his guard with light, Nergodin took the force of the attack with said well-timed guard, then counter-attacked, allowing his arm to become ethereal, slashing at Jynn multiple times, hoping to ensure at least confusion, if not a turn from the Prince, seeking to exploit his anger-riddled mind.

- Soren Monroe, The Sentinel Renewed, Demonic Form - Isopolis, City of Isolation -

The chaos of battle intensified in such a short length of time, Soren was unable to act for a little while, but what really caught his notice were a few things: Henry remaining mortally wounded, Everyth seemingly sacrificing herself to restore his life, an act that brought sorrow to Soren, for despite hardly knowing Everyth, to see another life lost so that someone else may live was both admirably selfless and tragic. Alderon's attack upon Rabiyu however, came as quite the surprise, the action preceding was a failed attack by the King against Nergodin, who slashed him with an ethereal blade, followed up by a seeming betrayal by the Human King.

Dawson's attack with a boomerang, coated with a paralytic substance, was a bit odd, for no one attempted to reason with the King, instead opting for immediate violence. Soren however was in some degree of agreement but from a different angle: The Sentinel followed up the attack from Dawson, by charging at Alderon, aiming to knock him down, then pin him by the throat, with only a mild strangulation and keeping his claymore at bay with his other hand.

"Alderon!! Never mind Yevgeni, this...fusion, is our enemy! And you didn't even strike him! You attacked Rabiyu!" Soren began, doing everything he could to keep Alderon in place if he had him, otherwise he would continue to try and subdue him. "He may have started this, but we will finish it! First you need to clam down and remember who's side you are on!! Take it from me, Alderon...just listen to me and breathe. It's me, Soren." He went on in a more reassuring tone, as best he could with a distorted voice, yet his words would still carry their intended weight, with Soren hoping that the King would not be deaf to his pleading.

Spoiler

- Meksis, the United, Armour of Twilight - FLASHBACK: The End of Maxis -

Meksis felt accosted, as the Mad God within Maxis pulled his hand away and began a long, hateful tirade against his host, the landscape around them shifting once more, to a more pleasant display in spite of the ravings of a deity of insanity. Hektor then spoke, his words initially confusing Meksis, who looked to his fellow armour, still wrestling with the Mad!Maxis. "What...what do you mean?" He began, but was prevented from speaking further, as a hand erupted from the Mad God: Maxis's hand. The initial joy within Meksis's 'heart' was overridden by what Maxis started to say, stating that he and the Mad God cannot be separated, but he followed up with quite a revelation: That he had technically been using Meksis to defeat him and invade his mindscape, as to make them both vulnerable. However, Maxis took a grim tone as he turned away to face his plague, the Mad God, torn apart and beaten, yet immortal. "To end it once and for all...? But if you cannot separate--" Both Meksis and the Defiled let out a simultaneous gasp. "W-Wait!" He called out, extending a hand in vain, before the ground began to shake.

Maxis spoke words of power...words that Meksis was all too familiar with by now. "That incantation...no, no no! Maxis you can't!" Meksis shouted, his voice rattling with realization and despair, something he was not all too used to feeling...but now didn't call for the Chaperone's steadfast demeanour, especially as the dreamscape distorted, shook and faded away into nothingness all around them. Maxis then stood, his form visibly beginning to fade from this existence, turning to face his blood brother one last time. "Maxis..." Meksis began, his voice shaking, but trying to hold on, as Maxis produced his dagger, handing it to Meksis as a memento, who when the latter began to take it, pulled Meksis into a headbutt, holding his head close.

"But you succeeded...you've rid us of this Mad God...but now...now..." Meksis held Maxis's shoulder with the hand holding the dagger, letting out a shaken breath, almost akin to a cry, if he was able to shed tears that was, swallowing as to try and keep himself in these final moments. "I'll never forget you. My blood brother. My friend...I'll miss you." Meksis finished before he felt himself being pulled away from the realm they stood in, their embrace the last thing that ever occurred...

------------------------------

Finding himself outside the palace walls once more, where he had engaged Maxis, Meksis stood with Maxis's dagger in hand, now powerless, yet still sharp. The only piece of Maxis left. Nothing held him back anymore, for Meksis fell to his knees, audibly weeping, yet nothing came from his 'eyes', for nothing ever could, transforming back to his base form, but the Aura of the Chaperone flowed about him softly, attempting to calm him, for he needed to be. It was only the reassuring hand of Hektor that stilled his cries, if only from surprise that he was even here.

"You're...you're right, Hektor...thank you. He-he'd, hate to see me li-like this..." He spoke in the midst of his grief, stopping and taking a deep breath, Meksis went on. "How, are you here? I, I won't complain but..." He quizzed, standing up slowly and turning to face the gentleman. "It still wounds me however...I've lost my blood brother...I never thought this day would come, where I would find my souls alone." He added, catching himself a little, as he had referred to his dark side as well, who too was surprised.

- Alastor, Alicia, Henry, Typhon and Mikhail - All over their heads - City of Isolation Mayhem -

"I can't leave you all fighting for five minutes before someone screws everything up." Typhon snarked at the party as he clearly directed it at Alderon's reckless attacks towards Nergodin, and ended up attacking Rabyiu. "Someone restrain, or preferably cripple the blind dude, please." Typhon spoke as he cracked his knuckles, stretched his legs, his arms. Before standing up and beginning to twitch in pain. "Alright Typhon, you got dragon genes now...come on...come on...god dammi- Oh there we go" He monologued to himself as he tried to grow wings so he could fly and miraculously he indeed did grow a pair of fancy, dragon wings, with pulsating veins of dragon energy on them, much like in his exoskeleton. 

Typhon analyzed what was happening, and saw Nergodin repel most attacks, but now he was attacking Jynn, "Dammit, Prince." Typhon spoke, as he gestured at Alicia, who immediately took the signal, casting a large fireball, before compressing it and sending to Typhon's hand, apparently grabbable now, as he prepped his wings for a lunge. and with great wing strenght and impulse he flew towards Nergodin like a torpedo, attempting to grab him in the middle of his combo on Jynn, grabbing Nergodin by the waist with both his arms, and stickying the miniature fireball onto him "Hold this for me please?" Typhon spoke as he would then, if his grab was succesful, spin around using the momentum to throw Nergodin a fair distance away from him and the prince. He'd land safely on the ground, using his wings to stop his momentum and landing on the ground. Alicia's fireball would ignite after the throw if evertyhing went smoothly, exploding on Nergodin's back with a fierce explosion.

"Jynn! are you alright?" Alicia shouted at him, rushing over in case Jynn had been hit. "You're being too reckless!" Alicia proceeded to tell him.

Meanwhile Henry's had been infused with Everyth's life force, she sacrificed her own life for his, the immediate injection of life force made Henry's eyes spring back to life and his torso shoot upwards, making him stay in a sitting position, as his breathing normalized. "No...Everyth, no!" Henry spoke, distraught, shacking the now pale woman's corpse, to no avail. A small tear flowing down his face, which then turned from sorrow to a tranquil rage. As he begun to stand up "I will...I promise you, Everyth..." He spoke with a voice full of conviction.

Mikhail just watched as Nergodin then threw a shockwave of lightning their way he attempted to use his quen shield spell to protect both him and Henry from the strike, but Henry quickly pushed him to the side, throwing the witcher out of the effecitve range of the electric attack as Henry spread out his arms and let the attack hit him square in the chest. Taking the brunt of it, Henry, however, was not thrown back out of the platform, nor was he paralyzed, he slid back a few meters and staggered back from the impact, but managed to recover back to a full standing position. The lightning, empowered by the source crackling around Henry now, he had absorbed the attack...and with that, a fraction of Nergodin's power along with it, However, he could still not do much, as pain wrecked his body, the sudden absorbtion wasn't a painless process, it certainly put a strain on him from such a blow.

"Nergodin!" Henry screamed from the top of his lungs, with clear rage in his voice. Henry just stood there, still adapting to the power now flowing around him, this would certainly give him an edge, he just needed to have his body adapt to it in time, and his own power to integrate it, first of all.

Alastor, meanwhile, continued to hang on his position on the exterior of the foundation they all stood in. hanging by his sword. He pondered what to do. 'This is not Raiden...he wouldn't wish for such a thing...and he'd have had his eye wound healed by now too...I know he enjoyed having two eyes.' Alastor thought as he then looked back up, the way he needed to climp to come back into the battle. "If it isn't Raiden...then...I don't need to hold back at all then..." Alastor spoke as electricity crackled around him.

Bringing his index finger onto his chest, Alastor spoke the following draconic words "Alok Suleyk" the word combination for 'Arise Power'. Which could unleash some of a person's latent power, as the electricity around him began to crackle ever more intense, and a dragon aura began to rise around him, his dragon blood's power was being released...

- Hektor - The Gentleman - With Meksis - 

Hektor stood silent and allowed Meksis to recompose himself, take a deep breath, before answering the armor's question about how Hektor was there, with him, in the physical world. "Well, in a sense, I am both here and not here." Hektor mused, looking around before turning to face Mesksis again, "Since I am split into two forms, a physical one, which you see now, and a dream one, the one you saw me use in the battle. " Hektor begun to explain ever so classily as he could as a gentleman. "And now that I have acquired my physical essence back. I can freely manifest myself into the physical plane...and...it is a lot different than I remember." Hektor commented as he looked at their surroundings, he had no idea where he was. Well that'd be obvious, he's been gone for a while. 

"Do you happen to know where we are?" Hektor asked Meksis. 

Edited by Scrapmaster

~Aqua: The City of Isolation~ 

Aqua agreed with the plan and began to contrate on her magic. She slowly eased her mind to an almost zen-like state. First and foremost she would need to decide what element she should use. Aqua quickly decided that wind and ice elements would be the easiest to use and take the least magic from her. Before she could get to using her magic, however, she heard Bherna and frowned. “Don’t listen to her. She has her Father’s recklessness.  You’ve seen my shield spells. I’ll be fine.” She reminded him. Then added on quickly “Keep yourself safe first and foremost, that’s what I’m most worried about.” She regarded the situation with the human king. “It seems like you have fewer fans than me.” She gave a bitter laugh. 

Yevgeni Malachite and Alderon Niles

Before Yev could fully process what had happened, Alderon was slashing at Rabiyu's back and the elf fell to the ground.  Anger flared up in the blond elf's eyes as he roughly grasped Alderon by the shoulders and shoved.  "What in blazes are you thinking?" he demanded, readying his rapier to stab into the human king like a pincushion.

It was not only Yevgeni and Rabiyu that offered Alderon some resistance.  Bherna, Dawson, Prince Jynn, the Sentinel Soren, and even Typhon protested against Alderon's assault, which had clearly been directed at the wrong elf.  Confusion washed over Alderon's face, viewing the figures of both Rabiyu and Yevgeni in his mind's eye.

"Rabiyu?"  He blinked confusedly as he shook his head.  "Lord Raiden's ambassador from the North?  I . . . .  Oh, my lady, please forgive me!  You have reunited me with my daughter, and this is how I repay you!"

His apology may have softened some hearts, but not Yevgeni's.  His glare did not waver, nor did his sword.  "Regardless, your actions are nonsensical.  Did we not all decide upon a temporary truce while dealing with the prime problem?"

A frown furrowed Alderon's brow, seeming rather confused again.  "Yes, yes, we did, didn't we?  But I don't understand why I was attacking Nergal . . . ."  The king's voice trailed off, seeming lost in thought and trying to figure out things in his mind.  Yev's temper abated by for a moment as he considered the frazzled human king.

"Something is amiss," he murmured, glancing toward the god-like being.  "He seemed so certain of himself before."

(I'll have to post for the others later)

- Nergodin [Odin], one against many in Isopolis -

Within the mindscape, Odin kept his mouth shut, but inwardly he found Nergal's propositions pathetic and witless.  Whoever said that he lost his heart, or that he would not win alone?  Had it not been for Nergal, power that the universe had not seen for a hundred generations would have been his and his alone, and all would be lying dead at his feet by now, but now he had to share with this posturing fool that thought himself strong enough to quell his greatness.  He locked away his mind from Nergal's probings, so all of this was kept from the Queenslayer.

A reaction came upon him upon a glance at Typhon, the bug turning into a strange hybrid of dragon and insect, and securing a fixated fireball within his hand.  He was prepping something, and it certainly would not be good.

"Regardless of how you feel, survival is paramount until we can separate ourselves.  That Cyph over there will cause some nastiness, so I will step in for the moment.  Luckily there is some confusion in the ranks thanks to Lysander.  I need to take advantage of this more than attacking just one, even if it is the prince."

-- -- --

With the renewed taking over of control, time sped up and Nergodin stopped swinging his blade at the prince of the Overworld, focusing his attention towards Typhon.  He was right in that he would cause much trouble, the Cyph faster than he thought thanks to the impressive wingspan upon his back.  What a stroke of bad luck it was to need to fight a Cyph, but he still needed time to fully adapt to his newly gained power of that Xeno'jiiva he must have fed from.

"Search Magic; Flying General:  Advisor," escaped his lips as he was tackled by Typhon, his eyes glittering in power again.  He called back Nergal's Glaive to protect him, summoned back from where Arthur was, and the weapon would spin backwards at incredible speeds in an attempt to cut down Typhon from his torso.  A change of plans was needed when Nergodin was thrown away from both Jynn and the bug, but he maintained his focus as the weapon spun clear of everyone and snagged the danger of the fireball.  As if it were by its own volition, the device gathered the fireball and stopped spinning, flinging it towards Aqua, whose power seemed to be gathered for an attack.

An explosion rocketed from in between Nergodin and Aqua as the fireball exploded two thirds of the way toward Aqua.  The Glaive carrying the fireball struck the earth below it, sticking into the ground, and Nergodin was sent backwards from the buffeting burst of heat and air, bearing with the pain of searing flames touching his skin.  He suffered some second-degree burns which would inflict pain, but it was nothing too serious.  Aqua would have to be quick to prevent herself from being hurt.

He quickly corrected himself as he ground to a halt and twirled until he saw Rabiyu.  She seemed distracted by the human king Alderon, and he aimed to capitalise on that.  With deft speed, he launched himself at Rabiyu with a flurry of five blows, his other hand, held in an open palm, aiming to defend him from a counter if Rabiyu decided to attack with daggers.  These strikes from Lysander would be ethereal and would cut into the person's soul like the other times, and unblockable as a result, though countering was possible.  This was one of Lysander's greatest strengths and weaknesses:  it was unblockable, but cannot block when in this form.  For those with a keen eye and paid close attention to his movements, this can be viewed.

Rabiyu looked at Alderon, a slight hint of confusion on her eyes, but she did not answered and she never lowered her daggers, if only to be safe from another possible attack from the human king.

"There is something strange with this," Rabiyu said, "Some sort of confusion spell, perhaps? Although I did not notice any incantation for a spell coming from that man."

A couple of things happened at once, Alicia and the Cyph attacked together, though Nergodin redirected Typhon's fireball towards Aqua. Henry, who she thought was dead, was now back on his feet and absorving one of Nergodin's attacks. And she also could feel the use of words of power coming from somewhere on the exterior of the foundation, possibly Alastor. Oh, and Nergodin was attacking her with amazing speed. Rabiyu barely had time to react, only rising her daggers to try and block the first attack, but something unexpected happened, the fused man's sword phased through them, and through her. There was a strange feeling on the elf's mind, it was like something was missing, but only for a split second, only to return when Nergodin's second attack hit.

"What is happening?" Rabiyu thought, "I feel..."

Nergodin's third attack barely made contact as the elf made a backflip, but Rabiyu would thrown one of the daggers at him as she regained her footing, aiming towards his face. All the while, something inside her kept trying to come out, while her own mind kept fading into darkness. The white haired elf somehow managed to dodge the fourth attack by jumping to the side while reaching her hand out towards Nergodin.

"Dii faan, zii of the brom," She said, slipping between Ancient Draconic and Common, as an ice stalagmite formed near her palm, "gaar thy su'um upon dii enemy!"

Rabiyu then threw the stalagmite towards Nergodin as the final strike connected with her and her whole world went black. The elf's whole body went limp before she fell to her knees. Those who were close enough, and able to sense arcane auras, would feel how Rabiyu's arcane power would begin to rise, and rise, and keep raising at a steady rate. Small sparks of lightning appearing around her body, the ground below her slowly cracking, gusts of wind and flames showing up from time to time, until, in an unexpected moment, multiple powerful elemental spells were released at random directions. Fireballs going one way, stalagmites going on another, lightning bolts going up and ice stalactites coming down from the sky.

When all the chaos was over, and the cloud of dust had settled, Rabiyu was left standing on the middle of it all, staring at nothing in particular, her piercing red eyes slowly scanning her surroundings, taking in the people around her, until the stopped at Nergodin. Somehow she felt that he was not the enemy, no, the real enemies were those who were fighting against him, those who opposed the peace Nergodin was trying to accomplish to help the world return to the true path. And she was going to do her best to help Nergodin archive his goal. The discarded dagger that Rabiyu threw at Nergodin, whether it hit him or not, would float for a moment before quickly flying back to her hand as she took a defensive stance.

- Helios & Arthur Something - /w everyone else - Isopolis: City of Isolation -

Spoiler

The block and attack were much too strong, letting out a strangled scream as the energy seemed to sparse across the air. He wasn't gone, but the energy would definitely take time to reform and reshape again. Helios would pant for breath, falling down as smoke covered him. Soon enough he would be barely able of standing on his own two feet. He was weak and out of Magika, damn it, he couldn't be out just yet! He wiped the trails of blood that dripped down his nostrils. "I'm not done yet...come on Helios..." He hissed, staring down at his hand...and that is when it struck him. He stared down at the smudged blood, feeling his chest ache. There was one thing left that he could do...but that he never dared to try. Not with a more intelligent species. Yet he dodn't have a choice, did he? His eyes landed straight on Typhon. He hurried to him, almost tripping on his feet as he did. "Typhon!" He yelled, reaching him. He would pull out the crystal from before, staring at Typhon right at its face. "Forgive me for this...but I don't have Magika to do it myself any longer." He hissed, before proceeding to cut into Typhon's skin, the part where the exoskeleton didn't cover. He saw the blood drip and he leaned down, lapping a mouthful up. He dropped the crystal dagger, swallowing the blood up before his eyes went white.

"Your power is truly something."

Helios would look up, his eyes gleaming at the figures that stood before him. He looked merely 10 years of age at this point in his life, when this 'dream' came to him so long ago. The whole world around him remained white as snow, with no end in sight as the young Helios would stand. The figures stood tall, silhouettes of darkness surrounding him. As time passed they became more, and more, and more. Soon enough there were so many that he couldn't see them all in the horizon. One of the figures would step forward, kneeling down in front of the young Helios. He watched as the figure would hold something out, strands of something tied together like ribbons. "Do you know what this is?" The figure asked, multiple voices speaking in union. Helios shook his head. "It is yet to be discovered. Not for many, many years to come." It explained. "But it will be called DNA. It is what composes every living being. It is what allows you to absorb every other and adapt it. Usually all you will need is knowledge of their biology...but the deepest roots of such power shall allow you to obtain it directly." The young child merely tilted his head. The figure sighed. "Right. You're still young." The figure would stare down at the strands, as they slowly turned into an apple. Helios' eyes sparkled, quickly reaching out for the apple. The figure held it higher. "In the Garden of Eden, all life began." It then handed the apple to Helios, who happily took it and licked his lips. The figure had a finger to their lips, followed by a chuckle. "Just don't tell god, alright?" And with that, Helios bit down into the apple of babel.

Smoke would surge from his throat, escaping his lips as it covered him. The sounds of bone breaking and snapping could be heard, reforming and reshaping. It was a new kind of transformation, one he had never tried before. He wasn't just copying animals; he was copying a now extinct species. Sentient, intelligent, with their own culture and kind. He had finally crossed the border between a Copycat, and a true shapeshifter. As the smoke would dissipate, Helios would stand. The bright white exoskeleton would make him stand out, almost looking like a knight in silver armor. The wings on his back as blue as the sky. He didn't have eyes but...he could...see? He was familiar with echolocation through bats, but this was rather new. He took in a deep breath, his chest aching as he glanced up at Typhon. Never as strong as the original, but at the very least, something. "So...do you have a plan?"

Eclaire, Xion, and Rhea: Setup

Eclaire braced herself, crying out as the world exploded around her. She grimaced and looked up - the shields the others had put around her had saved her. Spears returned, the ones she had set up began to move at a rapid pace, creating a magic circle at a rapid rate. She was finally ready. Rhea landed in front of her, slamming Geirskogul into the ground.
"Ice of the great North, heed my call! I am the last remnant of the King, and I demand your resilience! Fire of the West, Fire that scorches the sky and the stars, give me your power, in the name of the Dragon!"

A dome of aetheric Ice and fire erupted, creating a massive dome of protection around the circle and Eclaire. Rhea was holding fast, putting everything she had left in this great defense. This final bastion.

"Rhea." Came the somewhat choked voice of Eclaire. "I have one last idea for you."

Moments before, Xion had pressed her back to Rhea. "Twofold Defense!" They shouted, the beams from Nergodin causing minimal damage as they worked together. As Rhea landed and formed the dome, Xion held Caladbolg and Long and Dark December, darkness channeled into both. Letting go, she let them float behind her, before copycat blades formed, and she now flew towards Nergodin with wingblades. "Abyssal Drain!" She threw her hand out, the magic glyph she conjured firing a jagged, spiked orb of red and black energy at the being. She peppered him with fire, then looked to Typhon and  Helios. "If you two have a plan, do it now! Eclaire needs time, and she needs him as slowed as possible." She roared, before multiple glyphs formed around her. "UN....MEND!" she shouted, peppering Nergodin with more darkness. Once close, she twisted, slashing at him with her aetheric blades, before dancing out of range. Unmend, Abyssal Drains, and her blades, a clashing flash of dark intent and jagged purpose. Every twist, though, her steele flashed, marking her body with runes. To what end, was only known by Xion for now. And she swore this bastard would die.

Jynn, Dawson, and Bherna-Vs Nergodin

Bherna rolls her eyes after hearing Aqua’s remark. Hmph. At least I know when to keep my mouth shut. She faces Aqua. “I don’t know why you desperately want to make my father the villain here. But, please focus on the issue at hand.” 

Jynn’s assault was quickly countered, and Jynn manages to predict Nergodin’s movements, but one of his strikes slashes Jynn’s left eye, leaving him blind there. Jynn jumps backwards, near Alicia. His head starts to reel, feeling confused. He grabs his head, and struggles to stay still. Alicia tries to make sure he’s okay, stating he should not be too reckless. He faces her. Her voice was helping him recover his memory. “His........... sword........... grrrr!” He holds her arm to keep himself steady. At that moment, he remembered what he was doing. “His sword.......... it made Alderon go berserk.”

Jynn finally gets a hold of himself, facing Alicia, revealing the large scar on his eye. “If we want any chance of victory, I must inflict dragonblight on him. It’ll weaken him, making him vulnerable. I must stay close.”

Edited by Endless Thundaga

The combo of the sonic onslaught and her own charge allowed Mariel to break through the shield sent her way, though it took some of her momentum from her. She took a moment to reorient herself before looking to require her target. She tried screaming again, but there was only pain. Growling, she dived at Nergodin, wild Light energy spitting from her hands, raining down on the combined being.

Yevgeni Malachite

A frown furrowed Yev's brow.  "Indeed, though I did not notice any form of an incantation either," he said in agreement to Rabiyu, his eyes never leaving the human king.  "Your Highness, while you indeed have your qualms with me, now is not the time to settle them.  Should we succeed in stopping Nergodin we will have plenty of time to sort out or differences, else we all will fall within this hour and there will be nothing left to trifle.  Neither of us want that."

Before Alderon could respond Nergodin arrived at the scene, slashing at Rabiyu faster than either the elf or human could react.  It left Rabiyu on her knees, to which Yevgeni couldn't help making a motion toward.

"Eli!" he called out, kneeling on one knee before the fellow elf and looking her over.  "Stay here.  It shall be my turn to take up arms with this god.

Yevgeni didn't stand around long enough to find out whether Rabiyu would have something to say about this otherwise, as the blond charged up toward Nergodin's back and brought two fingers to the edge of his blade, whilst muttering an incantation.  Four rays of light surrounded the elf, before scattering about to surround Nergodin.  They would expand out in an X-formation around him, searing whatever they touched.

Elia Cabret

So much chaos.  So much blood.  And death.  Elia's eyes widened as she saw Henry rise, though it seemed that the human woman, Everyth, had been laid to rest.  The fairy felt happy to see that Henry was well again, but should she feel such when everything was going wrong?  Guilt tore at her chest, though she pressed against it as she considered her next move.  It seemed that Eclaire was planning something big, though required time to cast it.

"Here, let me help!"  The small girl swept over to Eclaire, holding her palms out before the cat girl.  An amber aura extended from her palms and surrounded Eclaire, hastening her moves and, hopefully, allow her to prepare her great spell even faster–unless her haste spell was somehow intercepted or interrupted by Nergodin.

Alderon Niles

The king felt dazed and confused.  He watched Yevgeni's aura as the elf spoke to him, though neither said or did anything to prevent him from retreating into the thick of the battle.  His words made sense, and yet . . . .   They angered him.

I am not in my right mind, Alderon tried telling himself, fighting his urge to charge Yevgeni again or prevent Mariel from striking Nergodin.  He felt oddly inclined to protect Nergodin, though his ideals were perhaps the exact opposite of his own.  Watching the scene, however, Alderon felt his mind go numb, unable to tolerate standing idly by.  Alderon charged forth, extending his claymore as a shield before swinging it horizontally in a wide radius before the ex-guardian angel.

- Nergodin(Nergal), Impermissible Unity, Against Many - Isopolis, City of Isolation -

- Within the Mindscape -

Nergal listened to Odin's response, then kept quiet as their Fusion acted under his will, yet one thing kept niggling at Nergal's mind: Eclaire Tonnerre; preparing a powerful attack, one that was sure to be devastating, even to a Fused Fey. Neither of them had thought much of it, but as more and more energy gathered to Eclaire and the almost desperate protections thrown her way by her allies, Nergal felt it had to be the priority, rather than the afterthought it had been thus far.

"Odin, don't be a fool! The Cyph and his Pale Shadow mean nothing in the face of Shiva's Retainer! She is preparing something great...we have to stop her! Now!! And leave the other ruffians till after her gambit is thwarted!"

--------------------

Nergal's mind seized control of Nergodin for now, his garish facial shifts ever visible as he called his Glaive forth, telekinetically commanding it to destroy the stalagmite hurled his way, then it flew back into his grasp as something began to distort his general aura, his presence was that of the Void. The power coalesced around him, quickly becoming more intense, crackles of pure white lightning and violent strings of energy manifested about him and from his body. Empowering his Glaive with this energy, Nergodin elected to tank Mariel's beams of light, but with an expulsion of Nothingness, Nergodin simply erased Yevgeni's attack, paying him only a slight gaze; one of sorrow, before turning his attention to Eclaire, focusing his power once more.

"Eclaire!! Let the void embrace you! And wipe you from the face of these worlds!!"

The twisted unity of Nergal's and Odin's voices cried out as he charged straight for Eclaire at high speeds, the Void coursing around him in an unstable display of vicious power and visibly warping the world around his general vicinity, coming to a point ahead of him, concentrating in order to attempt to break through her barrier. Nergodin braced themselves, as he made impact, sending a shockwave through the Dome. The attacks of Xion made contact as well, but they were distorted by Nothingness; lessening their effects, but not nullifying them. Yet this pain mattered not to Nergodin, who channeled this aura into both Lysander and Nergal's Glaive and struck the fiery/frosty combination with carefully timed and hard-hitting strikes and slices, the Void would distort the Dome, weakening it from the inside out, even erasing small portions of this ward, allowing even the smallest fractions of Void energy to break through and reach Eclaire and Rhea, if she wasn't careful.

- Soren Monroe, The Sentinel Renewed, Demonic Form - Isopolis, City of Isolation -

The influence of Lysander overrode King Alderon's reasoning, who resumed his forced betrayal with an attack towards Mariel, forcing Soren to act, chasing after Alderon, his flaming greatsword dragging along the ground behind him, bringing it up to knock Alderon's blade off balance, attempting to block a potential retaliatory strike and would then try to pin the King's sword to the ground with the side of his own greatsword wreathed in flame. Then, Soren would quickly zip closer to Alderon, attempting to headbutt him, then strike him in the gut with the hilt of his weapon, but then would spot Rabiyu's explosion of elements, sliding around Alderon to shield him from the attack with his body, some fireballs making impact but not affecting him all too much and a wild ice stalactite being smacked aside just barely by Soren's sword.

"Rabiyu?! Has your mind been vexed too?!" Soren called out, assuming his own defensive stance toward Rabiyu, hoping by this point Alderon was incapacitated enough to stop fighting.

Spoiler

- Meksis, the United, Armour of Twilight - Kilkis Seres: Palace Gates, Aftermath -

Despite his hidden yet ongoing grief, Meksis listened intently to Hektor's explanation, finding the details of his existence fascinating, though he too noted their surroundings as the gentleman inquired as to where they were.

"Kilkis Seres, outside the Queen's Royal Palace's gates. She--..." Meksis caught himself, recalling all that had happened prior to this battle. "...the Queen in question however, Shiva de la Alexandria, was assassinated, by a masked man, now known as a Queenslayer for his actions...and I believe I know who he is, the question is where he might be..." He went on, some of his words however sounded a little broken, requiring a cleared throat to hide his sorrow, deciding that he needed to press on with what was important.

"Our...conflict, with...with Maxis, went on for some time. He could be anywhere by now..."

- Henry - Reformed Dreadnought - Back in the fight - 

Henry stood on shaky knees, barely keeping himself standing, he managed to absorb the energy and store it, but he did so with the paralysis effect too, but it was wearing off, and his body was weakened by the sudden revival, he stumbled foward a bit, before tripping and fallint on his face. Taking a few seconds to breathe and gather his strenght, he slowly rose onto his feet, steady...steadyy... he overlooked the fight...and it wasn't going well, Rabiyu was turned, Alderon driven to blind insanity, Typhon had wings now and there was two of them. Eclaire was acting a big attack and Rhea protecting her, Alastor was nowhere to be found. 

Henry watched with widened eyes as Odin launched himself at Eclaire and Rhea. Slashing at them, to break the barrier. seeing him attack them...triggered something within him, and in that exact moment he felt instantly better, all the pain, tiredness, numbness was gone. And...the entire world slowed down again around him, Henry broke into a full sprint towards Nergodin during the slowed down time as he dashed mid way, closing the rest of the distance, in Nergodin's view Henry just teleported in front of him and his barrage of blades.

"How about you stop talking?!"

Henry rolled with the punches, forming two barriers of energy around his arms as he used them to block and deflect the Glaive and Lysander, it was tough to do so and some hits were getting into him, one glaive attack cut deep on his side waist, but he kept on trucking, protecting Rhea's barrier and Eclaire's attack with his body if he had to.

It was then Henry began to think, seeing the patterns of which Nergodin used to slash with both weapons at him, and after analyzing enough. Henry decided to act, as Nergodin slashed diagonally in the flurry, Henry concentrated and delivered a super powered punch to the blade, much to Nergodin's surprise, Henry's energy flared...as the same as the source of all life and his own energy, the parry was supposed to knock him off balance for at least a second. IF it worked Henry would move his feet foward his feet circling around Nergodin as Henry would then proceed to grab his sword arm, with one arm going under Nergodin's other arm's armpit, ending up pulling it along as his arm ended at his throat, holding Nergodin still with as much power as he could, his sword arm held by Henry's and his glaive arm disabled by the hold. During the hold Nergodin would also feel Henry's aura sapping his own, adding more of the source's energy to it. As Henry braced his head and kept his body steady, channeling the newly acquired energy into his arms and legs to hold Nergodin from trying to break out, headbutt him, throw him and the like. 

However if his parry attempt did NOT work and he could not get a grab, Henry would grit his teeth and hold back the barrage for a long as he could.

"ECLAIRE! NOW!"

- Typhon - The Dual Bug - City of Isolation -

"Hey what are you-" Typhon's protest was cut short as Helios struck his unprotected area, slashing it, drawing blood as Typhon recoiled in pain as Helios drunk from said blood. And after a few minutes of quiet bemusement from Typhon, he saw Helios turn...INTO A CYPH! much like himself! in fact copying every characteristic of Typhon's body, even the wings! with the distinct white color.

"Well now...I guess I can forgive you." Typhon commented, as Helios right then and there asked him what his plan of action was. "Bold of you to assume I have a plan...to be honest, Helios, Im trying to do my best from keeping these idiots from getting themselves killed, so I guess you can say Im running interference." Typhon gave a brief, snarky and thoughtful explanation of what he was doing.

And of course, exactly as he explained a fireball shot past him as he dodged it by moving his head out of the way. As he pointed at Rabyiu. "Like that, how about we do something about it?" Typhon commented. "Alright, vibrate your body...and activate you camouflage...thats how you turn invisible. Feel a little tudd on topf of your arm? thats your arm blade, you also got glands that can encoat it in poison." Typhon began to explain to Helios what he could do.

Typhon then began to vibrate, and as he explained, he became completely invisible. Allowing to move through the battlefield safely until he arrived behind Rabyiu, a few feet away. 

"Hey, what the hell are you doing? I don't remember asking for a fiery hair cut." Typhon commented.

- Hektor - The Aftermath -

"Ah...my condolences" Hektor spoke respectfuly of Shiva's fate as Meksis explained, before listening intently to his explanation of who it might have been. Before Meksis could finish explaining and commenting on where he might be, Hektor's index finger touched Meksis's forehead. A few seconds of silence.

"Analysis complete, subject Codenamed: Chapperone. Nickname: Meksis. Track record: fifty nine succesful missions, four failed missions and five partialy complete missions. 

Current status: Catalyst missing."

Hektor would then release his finger from Meksis's forehead with a small stumble backwards. "Gah, I always despised doing analysis on others, but alas, it is useful, too bad you can't do it yourself...security measure...is what they said." Hektor explained how he managed to do such a thing. 

"I am not sure if you remember, but you second generation had a way of detecting your catalyst's location, the souls were linked and even in the off chance the link would be broken, its not completely, your deep thoughts might detect where he might be...you just need to concentrate." Hektor explained the process to Meksis. 

Edited by Scrapmaster