Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

- Odin, in Isopolis' Maze and Onward -

Feeling like the others had everything covered as far as the buzz saw and guillotine trap was concerned, Odin paused at the entrance and watched their unique magic with keen interest.  Alastor and Sifrei made short work of the garnered deathtraps, and a unique weapon was crafted from them with only a handful of draconic words of power.  However unwieldy it seemed, considering the assumed weight of all of the buzz saws, the shiny new sword held some power.  It certainly was not Zweishock, Raiden's weapon of choice, which had just about that sword's mass, though if anyone were to successfully wield it the strength and weight of the weapon would be enough to batter almost any foe to the point of exhaustion and afterward death.

"Well done, you two," he gave voice as he emitted a smile, impressed by the way that the others had made use of the skills they had to not only evade the snares placed, but remove the threat of them entirely with great finesse.  Their skillset was vastly different from his own.  Vocal inflection held great power and had its varying uses, though he preferred the more dependable channeling of magic through the body and whatever weapons he could grasp.

Stepping into the room with a wary eye and passing the others by, he churned search magic within his empty eye socket.  Instead of seeing through the flesh, he witnessed the world around him through the mind, though the room beyond seemed only filled with the table and its varying potions.  Indeed, like Sifrei denoted, another puzzle awaited them, and this one, upon inspection of the slip of paper, was challenging.

He cycled through the riddle, paying little attention to gracing the armoured individual and his female cohort with a nod.  His search magic read around him and detected their shapes, but who they were was irrelevant when they seemed neutral, little more than a search party.

"Protect and use, if there is such a median," he commented towards Rhaedyn, then again towards Xion.  "You are better off backtracking, milady.  She took a different path at the entrance of Isopolis.  Straight, if I recall right."

The others could answer Rhaedyn further if need be, but this puzzle required his attention if he, Alastor, and Sifrei wanted to proceed quickly.

"Three killers, two to the left of nettle wine . . . oho, I see, I see.  And only singular dwarves and giants, so only one large and one small, which fits the potions well.  This should not take me more than a moment to solve.  My only hope is that these potions were not tampered by others."

- Rufus Contralto, with others in the Cobra Cavern of Capriciousness -

Rufus, mostly ignored but earning a few imaginary bouts of praise and encores, bowed towards his "audience" and blew out kisses to the world before putting away his invisible pompoms.  The others were continuing onward, it seemed, and into a glowy maze once more, so he stayed back and signed off his autographs to whoever was available.

((He'll stay behind until necessary.))

- Sifrei - Isopolis Shrine: Second Trial - Vial Sub-trial -

Sifrei was inspecting the different glass vials, their shapes, colours, even trying to identify the kind of liquid that was being held inside. At that moment he heard the two voices, one he knew, the other was from someone he didn't.

"What a coincidence to find you here, O Lord of Iron. As for your question, I'm afraid the answer to your inquiry would be to use it," Sifrei answered Rhaedyn without taking his eyes away from the vials, "use it to restore that which was destroyed. Lord Raiden, King Alderon from the world below, and Prince Jynn, future king of Kilkis Seres, wish to use the Source to restore the world that was below the Sea of Clouds . As for your question, Milady, if you speak of the former retainer of the late queen Shiva, then you are both correct and wrong,"

An answer was forming in the Archangel's mind, carefully watching the vials and reading the piece of parchment that was on the table.

"The former retainer is here, but she was last seen entering another one of the doors in the first room," Sifrei said to Xion, "where that door leads, I'm afraid we do not know. I suppose that if you keep moving forwards then you will find her, eventually."

ANSWER

"Alright, by what this piece of parchment says these vials, these potions, will help us, one to move forwards and the other to go back. Another two hold nettle wine and the remaining three are poison. Now, going by the clues that the parchment gives us poison will be at the left side of the wine, that means that the first one is out for being wine since there can't be poison at its left. The fourth clue is quite obvious, it says that the second left and the second on the right are twins, they are the same, but once you teste them they will be different at first sight. So, second and sixth should be the wine, leaving us with the other remaining five."

"If the second and sixth are wine that means that first and fifth would be poisons, as the poison is at the left side of the wine. It also says that those who stand at either end are different, if the first one is poison and if it moves you onwards then it's not your friend, that means that the last one cannot be either poison, or can help you move forwards, and since the two wines were found then that means that the last one is the one that moves you back."

"We can forget about those five and focus on the third and fourth, one poison and the other to move onward. The parchment says that neither dwarf nor giant holds death, meaning poison, that would leave the third vial, the smallest one, as the one that contains the potion to move onwards and the fourth one as the last poison."

"In summary, the third vial is the one that will allow us to move continue onwards," Sifrei said as he took the third vial, " and the last one over here," he said as picked up the last vial from the table, "is the one that will transport the drinker back."

#1 Poison - #2 Wine - #3 Move ahead - #4 Poison - #5 Poison - #6 Wine - #7 Move back

"If I followed the clues correctly then that would be my answer."

Clever, Mystic, very clever. I knew I had seen that somewhere before, but I had seen it in spanish so at first I didn't made the connection xD

Xion and Thane: Riddle of the Philosopher's Potion Puzzle

Thane merely nodded. Looking at the potion, then the door, he stayed silent. First he would ensure this was no trap

Meanwhile, Xion growled to herself. "Idiot! Going straight, your daughter is wet spaghetti!" She rubbed her head. "I agree with her. Those are the ones we need. I'll go on ahead, just so I can make sure the first thing she finds is my angry face."

~Aqua: Isopolis, Shrine of the Holy Plot Device: The Maze- Choice One, Right Path (Again)~

Aqua continued her walk and soon spotted the cobra. “Oh goodness, was that the noise? They killed it...I hope it was in self-defense at least…” She then added, “Why am I talking aloud to no one?” She shook her head. Now was not the time for her to have a mental break down. She would just have to push herself for her friends. She saw the group was just ahead next to some large metal boxes. “Hey, wait up!” She said as she ran closer to them. She had caught up with someone faster than she had expected thanks to that cobra. Well, at least the cobra hadn't died completely in vain it at least allowed Aqua to catch up to the others in time. "Hey, didn't some of you go into the other door? What happened?" She asked. 

- Henry - THe Dreadnought - Crates! 

Henry frowned as Everyth teased him. "No Darling, please." He commented, the sheer uttering of that word made him cringe for some reason, her body brushing up against his didn't help either, this wasn't the time for flirting or teasing, at least that is what he thought. His frown only depeened as the others suggested climbing over the crate. to which Henry stepped forward gesturing them to get out of the way.

He placed his hand on the crate and concentrated for a second, power chaneling into his arm and onto the crate as he then gave it a light slap, as he took a few steps back, everyone would notice the side of the crate Henry slapped expanding towards them into stairs, perfectly sized for them to walk over on top of the crate, he hadn't thought of this at the last crate, well considering he feared it a trap. 

"Lets not waste energy climbing or jumping over. I have earth magic, I can make stairs." Henry spoke, shooting a glance at everyone involved that didn't think his earth, fire and dark magic couldn't create climbable constructs. 

As they got to the diverging path, noticing quite a few deciding to go straight, Henry sighed. "I'l go left then, if we all go one way with this many people we'l put ourselves in trouble if its a trap, too big a group means more disorganization...and on a trap it might prove fatal."  He explained with a shrug. "Anybody want to join me?" He asked, before, not really waiting for anyone else as he began to walk down the left path. As he did so he felt a ringing on his ear...in his head, it was told that Isopolis messed with the minds of whoever was inside...was it messing with him and Ariana?

Henry winced in pain for a few seconds, as it went away, before moving on.

'Ariana.'

'.....'

'Ariana!'

'....'

'Strange...'

- Typhon - The final stretch -

"Keep your blessings to yourself, who the hell knows god might want me dead as well." Typhon snarked at Mariel as he slammed headfirst into the door they had come upon. Losing his balance and falling on his ass on the ground as Mariel spoke, questioning if they had forgotten a key or something about the door. "Keep the breaking down for last resort...what do you see in the room? I can't see anything...you know that already." Typhon told Mariel before getting himself back up.

- Alicia - With Jynn - Another Trial - 

"It's alright, you've been through a lot, and you've just been told of the killer being here, I understand".Alicia spoke with a look of gentle concern as Jynn confessed his desire to kill the assassin behin his mother's death,afterwards she stood somewhat silent as Jynn spoke, but gave him a reasurring smile and nod, as well as a hand on his shoulder. But was quick to change expression for a split second, "Family...huh?" Alicia spoke for a second, seeming down, Jynn would probably easily notice that change of expression. 

But before long they had come upon, and a icy figure stood in their way, a figure she knew all to well. "Shiva?" Alicia spoke, half in shock, and half in confusion. Before Jynn could say anything to his 'mother', Alicia spoke first. "Jynn...something's not right..." Alicia commented.

- Alastor - The Puzzle Storm - Second riddle - 

"The idiot succubus is on another part of the labyrinth, if you must know." Alastor spoke, directly, with little tact and manners to Xion as he then looked to Thane. whom had asked them a question about the source of all life. "While I can't speak for others, the source of all life's use is to right the wrongs commited by the regent of Kilkis Seres...and bring back the world below." Alastor explained, in his serious and direct voice as he didn't take an eye off thane as he spoke.

Saying nothing else as they came upon a puzzle, which Alastor didn't even have much time to think about, as Sifrei had already deciphered the puzzle with his angelic intellect...or something. "Seems logical enough..." Alastor spoke as he followed Sifrei's train of thought. "There is only enough drink to move forward for one person though..."  Alastor commented. "is there no other way?" He questioned. Before looking back. "Backtracking would waste too much time, and we've wasted enough as it is."

Edited by Scrapmaster

Jynn Venas-Isopolis

Alicia understands Jynn’s frustrations and tries to reassure him with some words and a smile, even placing a hand on his shoulder. But then, she seemed troubled by the thought of family. Perhaps something has happened to hers? Jynn tries to comfort her, placing a hand on her back. He wanted to say something, but he was suddenly interrupted by a familiar figure in front of a swirling vortex.

Jynn’s eyes widen as soon as he faces the figure. It was his own mother, Shiva. “Mother?” But it wasn’t too long until Alicia states something about her is not right, to which, the prince notices “Shiva’s” aura is completely different from his actual mother’s. This must be one of Isopolis’s tricks. I must not fall for this! The imposter starts to speak to him, promising easy passage to the weapon within the shrine. But Jynn was not falling for it. He starts to get nasty. “Don’t you DARE mistaken me for a fool, creature! My mother is dead, and her spirit rests within me!” He notices a sharp crystal on the ground. He holds onto it. “And you’re going to lead me straight to the Source of All Life, just like that? I may be reckless, but I am not stupid. This place would not just easily lead me to the weapon.” He turns to Alicia. “We obviously took the wrong turn. We need to head back.” He turns back to the imposter. “Sorry, But I’m not taking the bait!” He then loads his slinger and fires the sharp crystal he found at the fake “Shiva”, and begins to rush back the way they came from, grabbing Alicia’s hand. “Come on, we need to hurry back!”

(I’m going to hold off on Dawson and Bherna, as I’m severely suffering from writer’s block, and time. They will follow their respective groups however)

- Arthur & Helios - /w Athena, Eclaire, Rabiyu, Henry, Soren, Aura, Rufus, and Bherna - Left or Straight -

Helios turned to Henry, quickly turning to him. "Henry, no. We should stick together." He insisted. Yet, it seemed he was determined to go through the left path. Helios sighed, turning to Aura and the rest. "I cannot let him go alone. I will go with him." Helios decided. "Are you sure about that?" Arthur asked, eyeing him. "All of your decision making so far, with all due respect, as sucked." Helios chuckled, shaking his head. "True, my decisions have usually been...not the best, but I'm still here, am I not?" Helios asked. He smiled at Aura, quickly pecking her cheek. "I will make sure he's ok. You stay close to Rabiyu." He asked, leaning in and pressing his forehead against hers for just a bit longer. He let go of her before turning and following Henry. "I'm coming with you, Henry. I'm not letting you go alone." He insisted, smiling at his friend as he followed right behind him on the left path. However, he noticed that he seemed a bit disturbed by something. Well, besides all of the crap that they were doing. "Are you alright, Henry?" He asked, looking up at him as he walked side by side. Compared to Henry he was much shorter than him. Then again he merely looked 21 years of age despite being over 300. He reached into his satchel, piking up some flowers. "If you are in pain, you can chew on these flowers. They tend to alleviate it." Arthur nodded, waving at Helios and Henry as they went ahead to the left path. He turned back to the group, shrugging. "Guess the rest of us are going straight ahead?" He asked.

Helios has gone left!
Arthur has gone straight!

- Odin, in the potion room of Isopolis with mixed company -

Coming up with the same answer in a similar manner but different order as Sifrei, at relatively the same time as the angel, Odin nodded his head in agreement, and also puzzled over the same thing as Alastor.  There was not enough drink for three, so one would have to backtrack manually and the other two can drink the potions provided.

"I'll join the other two, then, and govern their safety, if they need assistance backtracking.  You two can debate over who goes ahead and who goes behind, but we will meet again, assuredly.  Good luck."

He turned toward the others, curiosity in his expression as he observed the two newcomers.  One was all emotion, whereas the other was taciturn and unreadable.  Neither suited his personality, but if it meant backtracking to a good choice or checking out an untravelled branch in the paths on his own later so be it.

- Rufus, answering Aqua in Snake Haven -

"Well, let me answer little ol' you!" remarked Rufus to Aqua, appearing in front of her with a wide, all-knowing grin on his beardless face, even if he knew precious little of all.  "Those other folks fell into this snake hole while we all went down a labyrinth and came across some boxes.  A loud BRRRSH! happened, and Senior Snakey-chan-san went through the wall of crates, landing with a BOOM!  Everyone crawled through into the snake pit, then headed back out of it, and now here we are!  Ready to sally forth and catch up, Lady, er . . . ?" he voiced haltingly, not entirely remembering Aqua's name.

It was obvious that there was enough potion to take just one person onwards. The question was: who would drink it?

"I do not have any preferance. If you so wish you can take the potion that will take you onwards, Master Alastor," Sifrei said while offering the small vial, "I don't mind backtracking. I am sure that, as Lord Raiden said, we will meet again."

Backtracking was not an issue for the Archangel. He had the feeling that, at some point, everyone was going to meet at the end of the labyrinth.

Edited by Elrandir

{Mariel: Isopolis; Final Stretch}

"Sorry." Mariel said, sheathing Heaven's Flame and trying to help Typhon up. "We've got a simple room with a stained glass dragon modeled on the floor, somewhat suspicious about that. And the big news is a locked double door, which you hit. Nothing in the room seems to be hiding a key, except for maybe the dragon art."

She paused while she kicked at the locked door with her foot.

"I could probably shatter the glass or the door with my sonic scream, but you'll probably need to stick your fingers in your ears. But considering the tests so far, I'm not sure either brute force options is what is what is required."

The Guardian Angel glanced back at the glass dragon decoration on the floor. It would have been better if one of the more scholarly volunteers had made it here instead of her.

"Any of this giving you ideas?" She asked her campion.

- Soren Monroe, Servant of Shiva's Will - Isopolis, Labyrinth, Crates -

"Same to you, Hybrid. And thank you." Soren replied with a small smile to Henry as the Cobra perished, followed up by a collective sigh of relief and, to Soren and Henry's irritation; more flirting, with Helios giving an affectionate forehead press to Aura and Everyth blatantly brushing up against Henry as she walked on by. "I'm with you there, Henry...does that make me a fourth wheel?" He quizzed to the dreadnought, a tad of snark was upon his tongue. During this, a few crates were destroyed and Henry created some stairs out of Earth.

"Come along, we can all have a good flirt later!" Soren called out, clearly with some annoyance, though he imagined there was truth to his words.

Once some had passed the crates, it was suggested that they split up to cover more ground and as Henry and Helios were headed left, Soren elected to follow them. "You can count me in on that as well, Helios." Soren uttered to the shapeshifter as he waltzed up to the pair of them, then looking back to the others. "Good luck, everyone. Those going straight, if anything goes wrong, shout as loud as you can, we'll try to come back for you!" Soren then announced as he, Helios and Henry went down the left passage. At least now, as he had overheard Helios, Soren was now sure that the Hybrid was named Henry, for the Demon was a little bad with names at times, the only names he never forgot even once were his own, of course, along with Shiva.

(Scrap, I might've missed something, but it be your turn for the flashback fight, I think.)

- Typhon - The BugMan - Final Door -

"Hm." Typhon pondered for a few seconds as Mariel explained the layout of the room, the glass dragon on the floor and the double door in their way. "Well...if all there is to it is the art of a dragon made of glass, and nothing else...wouldn't supposed you know how to talk Dragonish?" Typhon asked Mariel, "Its clearly based on a dragon, might as well be asking to speak a word in their language...but problem is how would we know?" Typhon asked, "Not like we know someone who speaks the language..." He commented truthfuly. "Shattering it will probably spring a trap or something...but what choice do we got?" He asked. Clearly just as much stumped as Mariel.

- Alastor - The Storm - Bottles trial -

"I made a vow not to leave Raiden's side, i'd be dishonoring that by taking the potion...you take it archangel." Alastor announced, turning around and following Odin. "Best of luck to you Archangel..." Alastor spoke, remaining silent

- Henry - The Dreadnought - Left Corridor -

"We're too big a group..." Henry commented lowly as Helios took it upon himself to follow Henry along, and soon Soren, the Demon as well. Henry sighed, but he welcomed their company nonetheless. He was rather embarrassed Helios, and probably Soren as well, noticed him wincing from the pain on his head, Helios especially provided him with some sort of flower that was supposed to ease the pain. "Its just some minor headache...happens more than i'd like to admit, but thanks." Henry smiled heartfuly at Helios before taking a bite of the flower, and the boy was right, it did help Henry's pain a little, feeling it going away was refreshing. 

"Helios, sorry for dragging you through all this. Really." Henry spoke to him, both to start conversation and to assert a point thats been bugging him or a while.

- Alicia and Mikhail - Fake Shiva trial -

Alicia was taken aback in surprise at Jynn outburst to the rather...different Shiva. It was plain as day it wasn't the real Shiva, but Jynn's reaction prompted Alicia's surprise nonetheless, as Jynn grabbed her hand and pulled her along she was even more surprised, "Jynn wait a second!" Alicia exclaimed in mostly surprise.

Either way Alicia and Jynn would be stopped by someone appearing from the way they came. It was none other than the Witcher Mikhail, who had wandered the labyrinth, lost and found his way to them. "Oh hello." Mikhail spoke blankly at them.

- Corrupted!Maxis - The battle within the dream - 

The corrupted version of Maxis was not waiting for the sudden appearance of the visitor, stabbing it through its gut with a rapier, not only that but allowing Meksis to slam its hands on its face and try to dominate it in his own way. As it was bombarded with pyshic light and the chaperone's presence and power Alt!Maxis screamed in pain and anger as it struggled to try and break free from both Meksis and the newcomer.

"If you'l excuse me..." The newcome spoke as it let go of Alt!Maxis's hand and...shoved it into his back, alongside the rapier. as the being screamed more from the pain, he wrestled with something for a bit.

Gathering energy the being began to glow bright red and white, encasing itself in madness energy. He soon exploded, sending both Meksis and the newcomer flying back from the force as the entire landscape reeled from the power. 

The Gentlemanly Newcomer landed on his feet, sliding accross the floor gracefuly as he held something in his hand, a bright blue orb, as he broke it within his hand, as its energy poured into him, and like that he felt like he had regained something he had been missing. "Ah, it is good to have my physical essence back...after all these years...shame this had to happen though." It spoke, tipping its tophat and raising its rapier up, as he glanced at Meksis. "Name's Hektor, pleased to meet you." It spoke in a gentlemanly tone, british one too. As the being was now on all fours, in pain and disbelief.

"You would go that far?...fine...Mesis...fine....FIIIIIINE!" It screamed as it bursted with energy as the landscape shook as it was encased in madness energy for what seemed like minutes, before a sword's blade cut through it, slicing out of the cocoon and revealing its true form, taller and more powerful, entirely made of madness energy. As it vanished and reapeared a few meters on top of Meksis and Hektor.

"Die!" it spoke as it aimed its sword, charged it with energy and threw it towards them. "Watch out!" Hektor spoke as he dashed towards Meksis and placed his hand on his shoulder, as Meksis would then feel him becoming...'Ethereal' if that had a feeling, as they phased through the attack, which consisted of a HUNDRED AND FOURTY SEVEN explosions of madness energy all encompassing an area over 60 meters of radius with the final attack being a black hole like attaack that imploded on itself. An attack that would clearly kill them both if Hektor hadn't allowed them to enter the dream form.

"Third generation armor, at your service!" Hektor spoke as he snapped his fingers and took them out of the dream. Revealing them to Alt!Maxis, who apparently was not able to see them in the dream world.

"What?!" It spoke in confusion and disbelief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW8e_F66Ym8

Madness Maxis form 

KbXLmAV.png

Edited by Scrapmaster

{Mariel: Isopolis; Final Stretch}

Mariel glances back at Typhon as he laid out his thoughts on the hopefully final room. The idea of the dragon being a context clue rather than something hiding something else hadn’t really occurred to the Guardian Angel.

“I’m a little rusty, but I know some Draconic.” She offered after the bugman was done speaking. “I can try some basic phrases and see if that gets a response. If that doesn’t show any signs of working, we can move to the ‘smash everything’ plan.”

Working her jaw a few times, Mariel spoke a few simple words on Draconic, like “open” “unlock” and “knock knock”, in what a native speaker would likely consider a heavy accent.

The potion riddle (Dawson, Sifrei, Odin, Alastor, Xion, Rhaedyn):

"Wait, before you go back"–Alderon grasped the second and third potion bottle from the left, unscrewing the lids of both before pouring the contents from the smaller bottle into that of the larger–"this should stretch what forward potion we have.  I just mixed it with a little bit of nettle wine.  It will still work, won't it?"

Of course, the human king knew little about alchemy or potions, and it would have been wiser if he posed his question before mixing the two liquids and potentially ruining their chances of moving forward at all.  He held out the bottle for any of the group to take.  "We each take a sip and move forward through the flames.  It should offer us at least a little bit of protection, I would think."

His voice held uncertainty, however, and he glanced to the others often for some kind of reassurance.

The False Queen Sub-Trial: (Jynn, Alicia, Mikhail)

The queen pursed her lips in a manner that Jynn often witnessed, seeming distraught by his lack of trust in her.  "Oh, dear, how could you not recognize your own mother?  True, I am long departed from this world, but the Source of All Life can do many things, and–"

The late queen was cut off, however, when Jynn shot a crystal at her.  She cried out in pain, twisting so that her long locks covered her face.  "How dare you," she muttered lowly, in a voice cold and sneering.  "You will pay for that . . . with your life!"

She shot her head up, but her face was no longer that of Jynn's mother.  Instead the striped red face from before was carved on her likeness, a likeness which was quickly torn away to reveal a slender creature of human shape, its gender unknown.  It separated itself into multiples of at least four, two of which appearing behind Jynn, Mikhail, and Alicia. They were trapped.

One of the clones approached slowly with a massive katana in its wake, while another charged forth with two daggers, one in each hand, coming down at Alicia in an attempt to slit her throat.

The Final Door: (Arthur, Rabiyu, Aura, Eclaire, Typhon, Mariel)

Athena considered Eclaire's offer, cheeks flushed from embarrassment.  Would it be improper for her to decline?  Should she accept?  The princess shifted the sword at her waist, offering the late queen's retainer a gentle smile.  "Thank you for your kindness, but I am quite alright.  My best friend used to put me through rigorous training back at home every day.  She would scoff if I were to accept help now."  She gave a hollow laugh, emptiness filling the pit of her stomach at the thought of her dear best friend.  Where was she now?  Had she survived the destruction of the world below?  Instead of contemplate these things further she attempted to focus on the retainer.  "Should I grow weary I will assuredly let you know."

The group continues down the never-ending hall, seeing multiple paths leading nowhere and staircases leading downward with no promise.  Eventually they come to find Mariel and Typhon, standing before the great set of doors.

The Left Path: (Henry, Aqua(?), Rufus (?), Helios, Soren)

This hall of the labyrinth feels like any other, until slowly the walls begin to dissolve.  Your friends, however, seem to fade from you as well.  You each are left with your own vision, something different for each person.

This is a personal challenge, though not like the personal challenge that is to come for all.  Feel free to write anything that you'd like that would be of a personal challenge for your character, whether it be to face people from your past (ie Ariana for Henry, Ren for Helios, maybe Shiva for Soren, and Aqua's parents, Rufus his girlfriend Mouse the Elephant, or maybe even Rufus facing Nihil), or a place that you haven't seen in aeons.  It is illusionary, so none of it is real, but it will feel very real to your character, and something you will have to overcome.

If you need any further ideas feel free to PM me and I'll try to help.

Edited by Mystics Apprentice
Realized that Alderon just poisoned them all.

- Arthur - /w Rabiyu, Aura, Eclaire, Typhon, Mariel - Final Door -  -

Arthur followed the path...only to encounter the large pair of doors and two familiar faces. "Mariel." Arthur spoke, before turning to Typhon. "Oh! I remember you!" Arthur spoke, quickly pointing at Typhon. "Nice to see you again, mister pokerface." Arthur said, turning back to look at the pair of doors. "You haven't been able to open it?" Arthur asked, stepping closer as he pressed his hands against the door. He searched to see if it had a keyhole and needed a key or maybe there was a puzzle they had to solve on it. He looked back at the two. "How long have you guys been here? Where did the others go?"

- Helios - /w Henry, Aqua(?), Rufus (?), Helios, Soren - Left Path -  His Trial -

Helios smiled at Henry. "You didn't drag me into anything, Henry. I chose this path on my own free will." He assured. Yet before he could speak more, Henry and everyone else around him disappeared into the dark. "Henry?" Helios asked. He paused his steps, looking around. Even with the ability to see in the dark, they weren't around. It wasn't that it was dark, they were just...gone. "Henry? Soren?" He asked. He took a step forward, and just like that the world around him began to change. The dark flew into the sky in the shape of countless butterflies, their wings fluttering to life as the world around him regained color. The cool breeze of a summer's day would gently fly past his skin, the floor beneath his feet transforming into a field of grass and flowers. The horizon painted itself in azure blue, the endless forests and mountains of the Overworld. Helios' eyes widened as he found himself in a place he never thought he'd see again. He turned around, and there it was, the capital of Kilkis Seres. He was in the outskirts. The plains that he and his friends would play along in. Yet he didn't understand. Why was he here? Why-

"Helios!"

The fey would turn back around, feeling as the breeze would rise the endless flower petals around him. For a moment more he was no longer as old as he was before. He now stood as a smaller version of himself, younger. Before him, stood two familiar faces. Ren and Ariana. The two were waving at him. "Helios! Are you coming?" Ariana asked, waving at him. Helios could feel his heart ache. Was this real? Or a dream? Maybe just a wishful memory? Regardless he smiled, waving his hand at them. "I'm coming!" He called, running after them. The three would be laughing at each other, running through the fields. They would spend what seemed to be eternity merely being children, free of the world around them without a care in the world. They picked up flowers and watched as Ariana transfused them with a bit of magic, the flowers themselves merging together into butterflies before taking flight. They would never last very long but would be beautiful regardless. They would spy on the nest of a Jackalope, watching as the small creatures would step out of the nests for the very first time and explore the world following their mother. At one point they stood by a hill only to end up rolling down on it one after another, landing at the bottom with laughter and petals in their hair. Ariana stood up, running off towards the city again. "Come on, lets go to the library!" Ariana called. "Coming!" Ren yelled, Helios chasing right after. He would follow them into the forested area, the shortcut to the city. Helios chased after them, losing sight of them among the shadows of the forest. "Guys! Wait for me!" He yelled, a smile on his lips. Yet, it would not last. As he could see the exit to the groves, he took note of the orange sky beyond. The scent of rotten flesh and iron assaulted his nostrils as he came upon a terrible scene.

Helios found himself grown once more, his eyes wide at the sea of flames before him. The forest lay in flames as the grass below colored crimson with blood. The animals of the forest lay dead, ripped to pieces as their eyes remained open and glazed, their insides outside as flies drank at what remained. Citizens themselves were scattered across, the sound of war raging through the atmosphere. Helios gently covered his ears, shaking his head. "No." Helios' fear, perhaps? The unavoidable cycle of life. Birth, life, death. Repeat. No, this was violence. Unnatural death. War. He could feel his stomach turn, as his whole body shook. He had to turn back. He had to find another way- Helios! Helios snapped his head back up. He could hear them, Ren and Ariana. They cried for him across it all. "Ren, Ariana?!" He called, remaining in place. He took one more glance at the floor of blood before him before looking back up. He stared at the flames, his eyes softening as tears ran down his cheeks.

It cannot be avoided, Helios. The cycle of life shall go on, and the world will keep turning, whether you wish to follow it or not. It is up to you of whether you live through it, or refuse to move on.

"Alright, then I will take the potion and we will rendezvous further-"

The voice of Alderon made Sifrei turn around to look at the human king. The first thing he saw was Alderon unscrewing the lids of both bottles before pouring the contents of the smaller one into the larger. The Archangel was slightly confused as to why the king had gone and do that, the potential to ruin their only way onward was there.

"I'm concerned with your recklessness, Your Highness. Some alchemists would find your actions as an insult to their work. Potions require precise measures with their ingredients and diluting it into another liquid, such as wine, could potentially weaken or destroy it's intented function, unless it is poison," Sifrei said as he took the bottle from Alderon, "At the same time I feel it's worth a try. Allow me to put your idea to test."

Sifrei looked at everyone from the group one last time before taking a sip from the bottle, waiting to see if the king's idea would work, or if the function of the potion was lost thanks to it being mixed with wine. After he was done he gave the bottle back to Alderon.

- Rabiyu and Aura - Isopolis Shrine: Second Trial - Final Door -

The path seemed to stretch out forever, countless paths, most leading to obvious dead ends, staircases leading downward and nowhere, were scattered around along the way. After some time Rabiyu managed to hear something she was familiar with, words spoken in draconic, a more modern variation of the language. When they finally arrived at the next chamber both Rabiyu and Aura noticed that there were two more people waiting, the angle Mariel and the cyph Typhon.

"I think it would be unwise to try this ‘smash everything’ plan." Rabiyu said to announce their presence.

"Hey, it seems that we made it," Aura said, "is this the place that we were trying to reach?"

Rabiyu was looking around the chamber, a set of tall double doors, very sturdy looking, but a set that could potentially be destroyed, and a keyhole around eye level. The key from before, the one that young Helios had in his possession, perhaps this was the door that that key was meant to open. More importantly was the stained glass depicting the form of a dragon, it was simple, but beautiful.

"A set of locked double doors without a key in sight. If we are lucky then the key that was found after we killed that serpent will be the answer to our problem," Rabiyu said calmly, yet still paying attention to her surroundings just in case.

"But Helios has that key, and he along with Henry and others, went in a different direction," Aura said to Rabiyu, "the labyrinth could take them in a totally different direction than this one."

"That is a possibility, that's true, but take into consideration that two other members of the group went in a different direction to begin with, and they arrived here first," Rabiyu answered, "it means that no matter which way you pick, you will make your way to the end at some point. IF you pass the "tests" that are within the labyrinth. I've seen spellcasters bring inanimate objects to life, imagine if this stained glass dragon came to life as part of a final test. That could prove to be bothersome."

- Odin, at the Vial Puzzle -

Odin partially had to agree that the idea was good, as wine served as a strong dilutant for most medicines, and not just poisons, however Sifrei was correct.  Potion makers preferred neutral water as the dilutant to not break down the magical components, but the maker of the riddle likely made it possible to serve more than one the potion to move forward.  That is what he would have done, and if this did not work he would have to come up with a different solution.  He still had the Infiltrator's, or his, rather, abilities at his disposal.  He could teleport everyone to the room across, but that would leave him weakened for the fight he expected ahead.

"If all are in agreement on the locations of each liquid, I see no harm in trying this.  Cheers to you, Alderon," Odin voiced with a smile, taking the phial next from Alderon and imbibing two sips before giving it again to the human king.  He felt something happening within him, faint, but there.

Next was a risky action the Lord of Mystras performed:  he stepped up to the ebon flames and, after the slightest motion of hesitance, swept his hand through the flame in a testing motion.  Whatever happened next happened, though he felt certain the flames would accept his passage through them.

- Rufus Contralto, within the Halls of Illusory Objects -

Rufus zipped on ahead, notwithstanding the fact that Aqua may or may not have answered with her name or regarding her directional choice, and soon entered a very strange section of the labyrinth where the walls erased themselves and revealed a location he only envisioned in his dreams.  A pink marshmallow world with cotton candy clouds, chubby walrus men, and a chocolate-chip-cookie sun awaited him, as well as someone he recalled from the enormous gulf of several hundred years.

"MOUSE!" he shrieked jubilantly, tottering over to her with surprising difficulty.  It was then that he realised that he was standing on the ground, real solid ground, or as real as he assumed it to be at any rate.

The giant elephant with a petunia stuffed behind her left ear turned her tusked head toward him and let out a bellow, batting her pretty eyes with her pretty lashes.  That was about the only redeeming quality to her in terms of appearance, really.  Her grey body was lumpy, her skin thick and covered with bristles, and her legs were the width of sequoia trunks, not really matching the loveliness of her olivine tutu.

He hugged her tight, nuzzling into the harsh hairs on her trunk and furthermore was tossed about by said appendage.  He laughed giddily as he hung on until she stopped.

"Oh, Mouse, you remembered our ceremonial greeting!  I also remembered your favourite food.  I kept it in my pocket all this time, though I don't really remember why.  Here you go!"

He dove into his pocket and found the smallest of its kind, a dead mouse that really has seen better days.  Bigger Mouse eyed the critter skeptically but took it regardless, inhaling it through her tremendous snout.  Rufus thought he saw one of her forelegs have a small lump move along it after the mouse was inhaled.  Did she have a stomach cavity in her legs?  He thought it rude to ask, so he put it behind him.

"I'm surprised I recalled your love for absorbing all of your lesser name-sharers after all this time!  I hope it tasted good.  So, what's up, Mousey?  What made you cross dimensions here after all this while?"

Mouse trumpeted shyly (can elephants sound shy?) and pointed towards Rufus' left.  He had never thought about looking in that direction before, but at her behest he turned and witnessed a larger elephant, as ivory-white as his tusks and with larger sequoia thighs.  He seemed to be in a room that was built shoddily around him, and his ears flapped angrily in a wild breeze.

"You want to talk about the elephant in the room?  Okay, what about him?"

Trumpet.

"You are marrying him?!  But he's so antisocial!  So unlike me!"

Trumpet trumpet.

"Okay, so he is a good square dancer and he does have elegant taste -- he is a white elephant after all -- but you-know-who is a better one!  Why, I taught you all how to square dance, or don't you remember that?"

Overblown whistle.

"Fine, if that's how you want to play that game, but remember that I was imprisoned in that dimension in the first place.  I . . . hey, wait, I was, wasn't I?  I was summoned there, dissected, and given genie powers and . . . wait, why am I here?"

Mouse looked confused, batted her eyes once more, and offered a random glass of water, which he brushed aside.

"No, thank you, Mouse.  I'm onto something, something big!  I was in that dimension -- am in that dimension -- and my wish was used and abused over and over until I met with a group of individuals and travelled to a kooky place called Isopolis and . . . you . . . you are not real, are you?"

Mr. White Elephant in a Room blew a noise angrily.

"Pipe it down, Whitey!  Maybe figure out a trade and be useful for once in your 699 years instead of eating charity peanuts!" Rufus called out, his little chest surging with breath, in, out, in, out.  "But he's not real either, is he?  I forgot where I was for a moment.  It felt like time only lapsed by a month for some reason, but it really is closer to six hundred years.  This must be a falsehood, an illusory hall of objects in which I wander lost, a trial!  Does that mean you are here to test me, Fake Mouse?  You too, Fake White Trumpeter?"

Mouse looked sheepishly around the area and brought her head down low, braying sadly.

"Then get it over with, imitator.  The sooner I am done with you, the sooner I can help my allies."

((End 1 of 2.))

- Helios - /w Henry, Aqua(?), Rufus (?), Helios, Soren - Left Path - His Trial -

Those words weighed heavy. He always had a choice. To ignore and turn away, or to head through despite it all. "I'm sorry." He whispered, closing his eyes as he took a step forward. "I have to...I have to-" Helios hissed, taking another step only to fall through. He couldn't even catch his breath as he fell right into the blood beneath, a whole lake of it. He surfaced gasping for air, his whole body shaking as he tasted the rotten blood on his tongue and teeth. He coughed up, grasping for anything only to realize that it was the corpse of a deer, quickly letting go. Tears ran down his cheeks, feeling the once warm blood uncomfortably cold around him. The sight of maggots swimming for death flesh to eat had him heave, only for nothing to come out. "Helios." The new voice had Helios gasp, turning around to see familiar figures in the path where he had just come from. His mother and father walked closer, their smiles as warm as ever. "Mom? Dad?" "Helios, you're alright. I was so worried." His mother chimed, kneeling down to the edge of the blood lake. Helios was the spitting image of the gentle Fey. Her dark skin with white hair and clear blue eyes, while he inherited his father's stubbornness and kindness. "What are you doing here?" "To bring you home, of course." His mother insisted, offering her hand. "Come on. You know you are always welcomed home, my darling." Helios blinked, staring at his mother. "I am?" "Of course." She leaned down, rubbing his head softly. "You don't have to go through this. Just come home." She insisted, offering her hands. Helios leaned closer, looking into his mother's eyes as he took her hands...before gently pushing them back. "I can't." He spoke, shaking his head. "I can't turn back. I can run away." Helios insisted, looking back up. "It hurts. It really does...but I can't run away, mom. I have to face it. I hate death. I hate taking life. I hate seeing life being taken away with such violence and cruelty...but I cannot do something about it by ignoring it." Helios let go of her hands, backing away. "I have to move on." His mother smiled, standing up. "Then go. Be brave, Helios." Helios smiled softly, turning away from them as he began to trek through the bloody lake. He pushed away the corpses, muttering under his breath at the scent that followed. He struggled, but he managed to reach the end. He pulled himself up, the blood dripping off his body as he crawled onto the mud. He stood up, panting for breath as he took another step forward.

He was no longer in the forest. He was no longer covered in blood. His feet touched the cold surface of stone as the world around him was dark. He recognized this place. His eyes widened, looking around as he found himself in the laboratory that he once dreaded long ago. Midnea's laboratory. He gasped as he heard the rattling of chains, turning around. He watched as they dragged in a much too familiar figure. "Ariana!" He screamed, running to her. But as he reached out, he would simply pass right through her, merely a ghost witnessing the past. Remembering the sins that were once committed. "No!" Helios screamed, reaching out for the knights, only for him to shift through them like water. "Stop it! Ariana!" Helios screamed. He could only watch in despair as the experiments proceeded. He never knew what they did to her, and yet his mind and the mirages worked their magic in giving him a live presentation to match the sounds he heard so long ago. "No! Stop it!" Helios screamed. The screaming became louder, the blood spilling as Helios dropped to his knees. "No...Ariana..." He whispered, looking as tears dripped down his face. He couldn't do anything. Not back there. Not now. Not ever. "Ariana..." He hissed, covering his ears as he shook. Soon enough the screams were replaced by sobs. He looked up, and the scenery changed again. No longer was he in the laboratory. Now he was in a cell, filled with only darkness. With his eyes he could see Ren, chained up and alone, sobbing in his loneliness. "No, Ren!" Helios ran to him, but once again, he would go through. He shook his head, trying to reach him over and over again. "Ren! You're not alone! You're not alone, Ren!"

"Helios."

Helios opened his eyes, the whole scenery changing once again. Now he knelt in a familiar library, the cool of the marble flooring against his knees sending shivers up his spine. The fire raged on outside the windows. Sitting on the wooden chairs and reading over books sat Ren and Ariana, smiling at Helios as they waved at him. "About time you got here." Ariana said, waving him over. Helios pushed himself onto his knees, walking over to the two. “...Ariana...Ren?” He asked, his voice soft, almost choked up. The two looked up at Helios, watching as tears flooded his eyes. He wrapped his arms around them, pulling them both into a hug as he sobbed. “I’ve missed you.” He whispered, holding them both in his arms. “I miss you so, so much.” He spoke, tears streaming down his face. The two figured hugged back tightly, embracing Helios in their arms as much as he embraced them. He eventually let go, wiping the tears away. “You blame yourself.” Ren spoke. “Of course I do!” Helios said, rubbing his tears away. “If I had been stronger! I could’ve saved you two from all of this-!” “There is regret. But you can’t change the past, Helios.” “I know.” Ariana patted a chair. “Come on. Ren’s just about to tell us one of those boring stories from his ancestors.” “Hey! They aren’t boring!” Helios smiled as he proceeded to sit down on the table, laying his head down to listen. The three would spend...who knows how long there, listening, sharing stories, and overall enjoying the time as if it were back in reality. Helios felt happy, relieved. But he felt that he was forgetting something? It didn’t click with Helios until he saw the vase of crystal flowers, his eyes widening. “Isopolis!” Helios looked down at the two. “We have to go back! I was with...Henry and Soren and then...we have to go back!” Helios said, quickly grabbing their hands and lifting them up. “There’s still time! We can return-” Helios stopped, freezing in his spot. He slowly let go of them. “...you can’t...can you?” He asked, looking back at the figures of his friends, frowning. “Because you’re long gone.” The figures looked at each other. “Not here.” Ariana said. “Yeah. We exist here. You can stay, if you want.” Ren offered, taking Helios’ hand again. “Come on, stay with us. We’ll be together again. We can read all of the books we want, and no one can kick us out.” “We’ll practice new magic too! We can have sleepovers here!” Ariana suggested. “We...can?” Helios asked. “Of course.” Ren smiled, pulling Helios back to the table. “Come on, we’re going to read a new one.” But before he could be seated, Helios let go of his hand. “I can’t stay.” Helios spoke, staring at them. “I have to leave. Isopolis, Henry, Aura...everyone. We have to find the source of life before it’s too late.” Helios explained. Ren frowned. “First you kill us, and now you don’t want to stay?” He asked. Ah, that hurt. Much more than it should have. Yet...it only made Helios smile, because it truly confirmed; “You aren’t real. You both are...gone.” He whispered. “You both are long gone and...no matter what I do, I can’t bring you back. Even if I were to be selfish enough to try it with the source of all life...I don’t think any of you would ever forgive me for it.” Helios spoke, closing his eyes. He held Ren’s necklace, smiling at them. “It’s a promise, you know. I’m going to see the two of you again, one day...but not before the world is done with me.” Helios said, backing away further until his hands touched the grand library doors. He paused and looked back for a moment, Ren and Ariana waving goodbye at him. It was a bittersweet feeling, both a goodbye and a see you soon. “Good bye, Ren, Ariana.” Helios whispered. “Just wait for me.” And with that, Helios opened the doors, and his reality shattered into dark once more.

No matter how far you travel, home is closer than you think.Travel far and travel wide, and know that you are always welcome home. Go forth, wanderer. Enjoy the journey, for hope shall follow in the wake of your greatest deeds.

Jynn Venas-Isopolis

Along the way back, Jynn and Alicia run into Mikhail, who seemed rather lost. He greeted the duo, but Jynn needed to get him out of the current situation. “Listen, we need to head back. We might be followed by a creature that seems to take the form of people we.......” Jynn was interrupted by the imposter Shiva, clearly angered by Jynn’s attack. It then threatens to take his life, changing its form, and summoning four clones to surround them. Jynn remains unfazed. “About the thousandth time I’ve heard that threat. I survived countless battles against monsters that are a hundred times more powerful than any fey I know, and bloodthirsty fey who try to take my life because of my family line. I doubt your bombardment is going to stop me.” Jynn faces Alicia and Mikhail. “Prepare yourselves, we have no choice but to fight back.” He unsheathes his dragon powered sword, La Justiceré.

With his powers, Jynn already knows where the real enemy is, however, he was more concerned about the clone attempting to take Alicia’s life. “No you don’t!” He uses his quick reflexes to fire a grapple hook from his slinger at the clone’s wrist. If the hook reaches its wrist, it would grab on tight. Jynn would then yank the chain towards a clone in front of him, smashing the first one to the other.

Dawson-Isopolis

Dawson was starting to get annoyed by all the games the shrine forced upon him and his allies. He was unsure of what to do, so he just waited for Alderon and Odin’s next move or suggestions.

Bherna Lao-Isopolis

Bherna chose to stick with Rabiyu and the gang through a seemingly endless hall. It wasn’t long until the run into Mariel and Typhon standing in front of a large pair of apparently glassed stained doors depicting a dragon. Bherna remained silent. But she did turn to Typhon. “Where’s Dawson and my father?”

Rhaedyn Thane and Xion - Pissed

Xion stalked forward, shoulders set, amber eyes flashing angrily. "You utter fool. You know nothing of alchemy and it's intricacies. You ask not then put the only way forward into wine, when water is the safest way to dilute concotions." She held herself back. Ripping the fool apart would do nothing, and provoke the wrath of Thane. She pointed at the flames. "I came for my daughter, and I won't let your foolish ignorance be the end of me."

Thane rested a gauntlet on her shoulder, then turned to Alderon. "Hastiness is the progenitor of destruction. When in a labyrinth of tests and challenges, it is foolhardy to act rashly. If you have ruined the potion, then you have doomed us to backtracking and finding a new way. Alchemy has been refined and made better, but properties in even wine can change. You only get one failure in life. Woe to the man who wastes it on haste." he fell silent and turned to watch Odin test it. 

Eclaire - At the Door

The girl would nod to Athena. "As you wish, ma'am." She backed off and followed them through, until they finally reached the door. With the Key ahead now with Helios, she turned to Rabiyu. "And if Helios fails? What if another basilisk attacks him? If he dies, the key is lost to us, and the path ahead locked. Waiting could net us the safest option, but if we only wait, could we not be waiting till time's end?" She crossed her arms. "Any one of us can fail a test. Some of us failed the riddle, no? How can we sit and wait when he could already be dead?"

- Henry - The Dreadnought - Mind Trial -

Henry nodded in silent approval of Helios's claim, but before Henry could speak further the scenery around him, the entire environment began to waste away and subsequently change in the blink of an eye. Henry soon found himsef without his allies...in a place all to familiar to him, it was his family's house, beside their dying farm...

'Why this place?...was it when I came home to find them dead?' Henry thought for a second as he felt a sudden jolt of electrivity as he touched the door knob, staggering back from surprise...only for the surprise to turn into horror and shock as he felt his body move on its own, Henry tried to struggle but his body moved by itself, kicking the door from its hinges as he lunged forward into the house, his father having come into the entrance from the noise, only for Henry to grab him by the throat and snap it without any talk or anything at all. In the back of Henry's mind he shuddered and screamed in objection at what he was seeing trying even more to wrestle back control...but he couldn't.

After his father's body was thrown to the ground, lifeless, Henry went to the kitchen to see his mother...who was scared and in shock at what he did. Henry soon stabbed her in the heart with a kitchen knife...only to look behind him and see his younger sister watching in horror, but as she began to run so did Henry in a full sprint towards her...grabbing her by the shoulder and stabbing her in the stomach and gently putting her on the grouhd, in shock his younger sister gently brushed her hand on Henry's face...as the man himself in the back of his mind was in pure shocked horror...

His memory then cut straight to the house catching on fire and him walking out through the front door...in a stormy night. As he looked into his bloody hands, and his memory cut into a white void, as Henry regained control of his body...and promplty slumped onto the ground, broken and in shock.

"I....I killed them?...I don't...I don't understand...I...I always thought that...Sondon did..." Henry's cracked voice and intervals showed the surprise and shock from the situation...as he closed his eyes and cupped his face on his hands. 

As Ariana materialized behind him. "You killed them...or rather...you were controled to..." She spoke in a spectral voice, as Henry simply turned around, slowly to face her. "What?" Henry spoke in surprise and confusion.

"You never imagined the experiments didn't make you easily controllable? Come on, you know thats not beneath Midnea...the one who did this to you..." She spoke as the environment changed again into a jail cell with Henry and Ariana in the background, the scene of her murder...

"This is..." Henry spoke

"Where you killed Ariana." She spoke. "I killed you..." Henry muttered as she simply nodded as she scene unfolded. 

"Isopolis is playing with my mind..." Henry spoke, as he was quickly interrupted. "No...its showing you the truth...and the truth is..." Ariana spoke before an orb of dark energy formed on her hand as she threw it at Henry, who took it in the shoulder and staggered back.

"The truth is you are killing yourself...You wallow in your pity, your regret and hide it all away..."

Before Henry could stand up he was hit by another projectile on his chest by her. "Ariana, wha-" "I am NOT Ariana...she's dead...haven't you realized by now?" It spoke, outraged.

Henry slowly got up only to be hit again but not flinching this time, taking it fully, "I don't understand..." He spoke, "Your mind and soul...so broken...so full of regret and sadness...your mind rejected the memories of your family...and created me in Ariana's image...an image whose's only purpose was to deal with your BULLSHIT" The projection of Ariana lunged at Henry...as Henry didn't attack, taking the full brunt of her blows. 

"Why don't you fight back? try to deny everything, try to destroy me?! Hide in your delusions!" she spoke as Henry simply looked straight at her, with a sorrowful expression on his face...silent...

Before the projection could wail on him more, Henry pulled her into a hug, surprising her. "Yes...Yes...you're right...I made you in my image...I was always iluding myself...trying to make excuses...trying to hide away and create walls to hide away the pain...and...I accept that now...but no more..." Henry spoke, tighteting the hug as Ariana's projection hugged him back and slowly vanished in faint purple light and particles. As only Henry was left... "I made an Ariana in my head to cope with things...unkowingly, my mind plays tricks on me all the time...but no more, no more lies no more..." Henry eyes glew purple. "I will not use her magic and blood to fool myself anymore...I WILL NOT LIVE IN A LIE!" Henry shouted.

He turned around as if to leave...but stopped mid way... "You and I are not done Isopolis...you aren't going to stop are you?...you've got more to show me...but if you want to play with me...then you'l show me exactly what I want you to show me..." Henry spoke, with pure conviction in his eyes. As the environment began to change again.

- Mikhail and Alicia - Grumpy'n young - Fake Shiva battle -

(Couldn't find a battle music to drop here)

Alicia was, to say the least. Surprised at the sudden shift from the fake shiva into, to what she could count, four clones, one with a massive katana and another with dual daggers in front of us, and two more behind them. The dagger clone was quicker to act, charging at her, but she quickly unsheathed her sword and conjured a protective shield around her to stop the blow, but Jynn was quicker to act, interrupting the clone's attack as Alicia smirked and spoke the incantation. "Lux Ferrum" She spoke as her sword began to shine extremely bright, as she held her sword forward, letting out a large and powerful surge of light in an attempt to blind the clone coming at her before before slashing forward with her light sword, sending out a light wave to slash the clone with pure light. "Jynn, take the katana one, i'l handle this one!" Alicia spoke.

Mikhail grunted as he felt the clones being formed and sighed. "I hate you Thane..." He spoke as he brought his hand to his silver blade on his back and did a magic sign gesture with his other hand aimed at the two clones, sending a wave of kinetic energy  at them to stagger them back with the Aard sign as he stepped forward. Doing another gesture as a protective shield made of energy was casted around him with Quen. "I'l handle these two!" Mikhail spoke. As he stood in his battle stance, waiting for one of the clones to attack him.

- Typhon - Lost Bug - Final door -

Typhon simple leaned his back on the nearest wall he could find and not slam into, as he stood there and waited for the others to find a clue to the puzzle, what the hell else could he do? He was blind!. His head perked up as Bherna asked him. "Oh I know that voice...Oh hello little lady...or not so little now I guess?" Typhon greeted Bherna wholeheartedly as he shrugged. "We separated in a fork...they went right I think...I kept going straight...I didn't even see it was a fork..." He spoke, gesturing to his face at the end.

- Alastor - The Puzzle storm - bottles -

"I'd appreciate it if all of you could shut the hell up, the man's trying something that might or might not work, better than us who were accepting of backtracking and trying to find another way with our tails between our legs..." Alastor exclaimed in Alderon's defense as he then saw Odin drinking the potion mixed with the wine...hoping it woul work.

"Lets see if it works Alderon...better than nothing, i'l give you that." Alastor spoke, complimenting the human king's ingenuity and recklesness in his own way as he did the same as Odin, drinking a bit of the potion...and he did indeed feel a certain something different with him, as he followed Odin, gesturing for the others to follow as well.

{Mariel: Isopolis; Final Door}

Mariel spun and brought Bright Guard up when she felt auras behind her, but lowered it when she saw it was more of the party making it. That gave her a bit of relief. There were still some faces missing that worried her, but they were likely to also make it. At least she hoped. She nodded her greetings to Arthur, Aura, Eclaire, and Rabiyu. As the Guardian Angel had suspected, the key was in another part of the maze. Unfortunately, it still wasn't here.

"And the glass dragon coming alive is the good option if we trigger the trap for this room." Mariel added in to Rabiyu's warning. "Plenty of other ways this place could choose to 'test' us."

The Guardian Angel crossed the room to look down the passage everyone had entered from. Eclaire was, unfortunately, voicing the concern that was running through Mariel's head.

"Could you lead me back the way you came?" She asked, looking back at Eclaire. "We may have a chance to intercepting Helios and escorting him here."

Mariel wasn't really a fan of her own plan. From how this place seemed to work, she figured the chances of this actually working were slim, and she would probably be relying on a demonic halfbreed. But she wasn't good at this kind of waiting, so just had to hope she was wrong about the odds and that Eclaire's angelic half was stronger.

The potion riddle and the Final Door: (Odin, Alastor, Dawson, Sifrei, Xion, Rhaedyn, Mariel, Typhon, Eclaire, Arthur, Rabiyu, Aura)

Alderon was mildly offended by the doubt his companions placed upon his brashness, to say the very least. Xion, mother to the accursed succubus that tried to kill him, offended him greatest of all, and it was no surprise when he spun on heel to glare at her, nostrils flared.

"Pardon me, madam, but allowing only one of us through was not an option to me," he told her harshly. "You might've forgotten, but I have an entire world resting on my shoulders. I think few of us, if any, have any genuine concern on the well-being of your daughter. She is not alone, and she has proven quite capable of taking care of herself."

For a moment he gave pause. Would he be this protective over his own daughter if she was well within her hundred years of life, with fierce magic and deadly weapons at her disposal? He hoped not, though chances were that he probably would be.

Flames licked Odin's outstretched hand as he tested the diluted potion's effectiveness, seeming cool to the touch. No pain or burning would inflict the Mystran lord, and ahead he could see the labyrinth stretch onward. Should the party advance they would eventually find themselves with the others at the Final Door.

The Hall of Illusion (Helios, Rufus, Soren, Aqua, Henry):

As each individual were tested by their mind's own projections a door became visible. Faint at first, like a distant rainbow, though if they mustered the strength it would grow in intensity, an old-fashioned handle visible.

The False Queen Battle: (Jynn, Alicia, Mikhail)

The clone threatening Alicia fell victim to Jynn's grapple hook, dissipating in a cloud of black smoke before it could collide with its brother.

The clone with the katana approached Jynn slowly, as if weighted by the sheer size of his weapon. Once within range he swung it, but it was not only the blade that Jynn need fear; a gust of wind emitted from the weapon, dangerously potent and enough to send a person within range into a labyrinth wall.

The other two ganged up on Mikhail. One threw three well times knives in his direction, while the other clasped its palms together. A path of flames radiated from his hands, stretching along the labyrinth floor at Mikhail's feet.

Sifrei remained silent through all the squabble among the rest of the group for Alderon's actions. He was not even remotely interested in that. Instead, Sifrei watched as Raiden swept his hand through the flame, not getting burned at all, which meant that the potion had worked, they would be able to keep moving forwards.

"Well, King Alderon, I can honestly say that I am surprised. Your tactic worked," Sifrei said to Alderon, "Well thought. Instead of wasting time, we can continue our path."

The Archangel gave the human king a quick approving nod with his head before walking through the flames and continue forward into the labyrinth.

- Rabiyu and Aura - Isopolis Shrine: Second Trial - Final Door -

"She is right, Eli. What if Helios is in troubles right now?" Aura said, a hint of worry in her voice, "Maybe I should go back and-"

"You more than anyone should have faith in him, Aurora. He is a smart one, and Henry is with him. I am sure that if any creature such as a giant snake tried to attack them again, well, they would make a terrible mistake," Rabiyu said to Aura, "As for you, Retainer, I admit that another test, and failure, is quite possible for those who took the other path, but you had the luck to cross paths with us again, even though you choose the wrong answer. Let's give Helios' group some more time. If they do not reach this chamber then we can go ahead and try to go through the door, and face the consequences of that choice."

After that Rabiyu remained silent and totally still, the only movement coming from her was that of her strange cloak made of mist. Aura, on the other hand, kept looking at the path they had come from, wondering if Helios was alright. The moment she was about to say that she was going back to look for Helios and the others she heard footsteps coming from the path. Was that Helios and the rest of the group, Aura wondered. Rabiyu's head turned ever so slightly waiting to see who was the source of those footsteps.

"It seems that we are at the very end of the labyrinth, if that door is any indication. I wouldn't be surprised if that was another test," the familiar voice of Sifrei said, "Oh? Look, we are not the only ones who made it all the way here."

Aura watched as Sifrei, Raiden, Alastor, Dawson, Xion and Rhaedyn entered the chamber, but still, there was no sign of Helios, Henry, or the rest. Everyone was slowly coming back together, now it was only a matter of time to see if Helios, who was currently holding the key to the door in front of them, managed to overcome whatever tests Isopolis put in their path.

- Helios - /w Henry, Aqua(?), Rufus (?), Helios, Soren - Left Path - His Trial -

Helios walked down the darkness, looking around for the exit. He couldn't find it, at least, not until he saw the door in the distance. It seemed like a mirage, his eyes narrowing as he approached it. Yet as he did, he could feel his legs becoming much heavier. He looked down at his feet, seeing them being melted down into the floor. Helios gritted his teeth, pulling on his feet as he reached out for the door. It became closer and closer, but the more he ended up struggling against the floor beneath. He took a deep breath, closing his eyes. "Focus...don't become desperate..." Helios whispered, opening his eyes again, his pupils slit as he reached out for the door. "I have come this far, I refuse to back down." He hissed, bearing his fangs. The ground beneath him shattered, releasing his feet. The door would suddenly grow, appearing right before him as he could see it now clearly. There was a handle on the door, Helios reaching in. He grabbed a hold of the door handle, grasping onto it before looking over at the dark. "Henry?! Soren!" He called, asking for them. He paused, turning back to the door before pulling on it, opening the door as he fell right in.