Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

- Helios & Arthur Something - /w everyone else - Isopolis: City of Isolation -

Helios didn't stop his stride, carefully stepping aside past Jynn and the other attacking members. "You killed a whole world, Yevgeni." Helios hissed, bearing his teeth. His own eyes had a hard time controlling the shape of his iris, flickering between normal and any other beast that was possible for him. "Millions of innocent lives have perished! Centuries of history and evolution! A whole world! What had to be done?! Bullcrap!" Helios yelled. "You hide behind false hopes and goals to justify your selfish means to an end!" He was furious. Appalled. Even as every fiber of his being screamed to claw through...he retained his control when otherwise he wouldn't have. "A whole world for the sake of a single person." Helios wondered of it all. Maybe the source of all life wasn't so magical after all? Maybe it was an exchange. A life for a life. Regardless...it meant no Justice for a selfish gain. His eyes would focus on the source of life in his hands, growling loudly. They needed to get a hold of it. He walked over to Jynn, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Jynn. The source." Helios spoke, looking up at him. "We have to aim for the source. We take that away from him, he's powerless." He insisted. It was a start, at least. As for himself...well, he had lots of energy left. He focused, smoke surging from his mouth as it covered him. It only took a few seconds for a roar to erupt from it, Helios dashing across in the shape of the familiar white dragon from once in the battlefield. This shape felt familiar. But why couldn't he remember? Regardless he charged right at Yavgeni, bearing his teeth and claws as he swung his tail towards Nergal.

Edited by Stardustblade358

Yevgeni Malachite -- We all know where

The elf's face fell as he listened to Jynn, shoulders sagging slightly as though being weighed down by each word uttered by the prince.  "What I have done," he voiced, barely louder than a whisper, "is unforgivable.  There is no coming back from it.  I have indeed been . . . selfish, but it was to meet another end.  I promised your grandfather many, many years ago that I would keep the humans away from the Overworld.  That I would maintain peace"–Yev hesitated, his grip tightening upon the sapphire stone in his hand–"even if it meant stopping your mother through force.  While I have had my own ulterior motives throughout this quest, I have never intended to walk away from this unscathed.  I will be held accountable for my actions, though not yet.  I have just one more task to accomplish."

This was not quite the Yevgeni that they had once faced.  The regent, who once held his head high, shrank down in defeat, seeming increasingly humiliated as Jynn prattled on.  With his pride stripped from him, he had less confidence to fall back upon.

The accusations placed upon Nergal caught Yevgeni by surprise.  He turned to his companion, raising an eyebrow.  "Is this true, Nergal?" he asked.  "Did you truly try to murder him?"

He glanced back at Mariel and Eclaire, the two who'd attempted to charge him first.  The angel seemed familiar, though he couldn't place from where.  Perhaps he had seen her with Odin.  His gaze then fell upon Eclaire's sword, a weapon to most, but a symbol to him.

"Where did you get that?" he asked her, surprised.  "I don't suppose your girlfriend bestowed it upon you?"

Seeing Jynn's pain, rage, and sorrow struck something within Yev, and he was mildly taken aback when Jynn punched his iridescent magic shield.  The spell shattered into a flurry of sparkles, the force of Jynn's punch breaking through and meeting with Yevgeni's jaw.  The elf reeled back upon the granite slate, falling backward and barely missing a nasty collide with the altar.  Blood trickled down the side of his mouth, which he wiped away with the back of his hand.

"It is not that I do not care, Jynn," he said, tone indifferent as he rose to his feet.  "It is that I simply have a job to do.  I am, however, sorry for your pain.  It was never my desire to make you suffer so.  For what it is worth, I never truly wanted your mother dead, not really.  I tried so very hard to steer her on the correct path, but she would not sway."

Meanwhile, Helios transformed into his white dragon self, charging directly for the regent while lashing his tail out at Nergal.  While Helios may have been smaller than him in his human form, the dragon was considerably larger.  Yevgeni kicked off the ground and flew high, avoiding the collision between himself and Helios.  He brandished his rapier, tracing a rune in the sky, which glowed upon activation.

"Consider this your last warning, one and all: go back now, and none of you shall be harmed.  I do not wish for this to end in bloodshed, though I will do what I must.  For the glory of men and fey."

- Rabiyu, Aura and Sifrei - Isopolis: The City of Isolation -

Aura was trying really hard to focus on what was going on in front of her, but her poor vision was making it quite hard to do so. Was this the price she had to pay to pass that strange chamber? At this point, it didn;t really mattered. She was slightly worried when she heard the sound of attacks, and even more when she noticed the blurry figure of Helios transform into that of a huge creature.

"Helios, be careful! Do not lose focus or it could be dangerous!"

Sifrei looked between Yevgeni and the rest of the group. He knew that the Source was important, so important that he sacrificed something dear in the process, but at this point he didn't cared.

"Sifrei, I want you to take care of Aurora. It seems that she is unable to see well at the moment," Rabiyu said to Sifrei, "I do not know what you lost, but I need you to focus on protecting Aurora. Remember, Aurion is counting on us."

Rabiyu slowly raised from the ground into the sky while Sifrei turned around and walked towards Aura. This surprised the young woman, as she barely could identify who was next to her, and even when she asked, she didn't get a response. Rabiyu on the other hand had stopped at Yevgeni's level, watching him with a strange expression, strange in the sense that she barely showed much emotion to begin with.

"Things could have been different, I think. Back in the bar, when you asked the humans to get the feyslayer. I should have asked what your plan was back then. Maybe, just maybe, things could have been different, and we wouldn't be in this situation," Rabiyu said to Yevgeni, a faint hint of regret in her voice, "I suppose it would be foolish to ask you to give up the Source now. This is the path you have chosen, a path that you have to see until the very end. Whether you succeed on your endeavor, or we stop your plan, the fate of both worlds will be decided today."

How did things came to this point, Rabiyu wondered. What started as a probable treason by the Lord of Mystras had turned into a treason by one closer to the Frostbearer. Rabiyu wished things could have been different, because, deep down, she felt that Yevgeni was just as lonely as she had been for hundreds of years.

"You gave us a warning. I will do the same. Stop this, Yevgeni, and you may keep your life," Rabiyu said, "Kruziik ekrah do dinok, gaar lotzu'ul gral voknau dii paal, ahrk bex skuld do Ausul!"

The white haired elf raised her arm towards the sky, sparks of electricity ran over her body seemingly at random, a single beam of light shot from her hand straight up into the sky where it formed a glowing glyph right above Yevgeni. At the slightest sign of an attack from Yevgeni, Rabiyu would unleash another powerful beam of light from the glyph that would turn Yevgeni into ashes in a matter of a couple of seconds.

Edited by Elrandir

Jynn, Dawson, and Bherna-Isopolis, City of Isolation

Yevgeni starts to “admit” his failures, unknown if he truly meant it or not. He states that he promised King Alexander that he would keep the Overworld safe from the humans. Jynn hisses at the elf. “That was then, Yevgeni! This is a different generation! Different humans! If that’s the case, he was wrong to trust the likes of you. I bet right now, if he was watching what you have done thus far to the worlds and to his daughter, he’d be very disappointed in you.”

Yevgeni states his reasons for committing the acts he has. Jynn became increasingly frustrated with him. “And what is that job exactly? Tearing the worlds apart? Letting the world below perish? Killing other people’s family? If you were truly sorry, you wouldn’t have committed such treasonous acts!” It was at this moment Yevgeni rose to the air, dodging Helios’s bombardment, and giving his last warning to Jynn’s group.

Jynn froze in his tracks. It was clear that nothing has wavered Yevgeni away from his ambitions, which angered Jynn further. It was at that moment he knew it was time.......... time to take things into his own hands........ to be the king he was meant to be. Taking his attention away from Nergal, Jynn spreads his wings and meets Yevgeni in the air. If the regent knew of Jynn’s past, he would be shocked to see him fly again, as well as knowing his strength in midair combat. Jynn reciprocates Yevgeni’s “last warning”. “And you, Yevgeni, consider this YOUR final warning. Surrender, and I will be merciful towards you.” Jynn calls back La Justiceré, regardless if it struck Nergal or not. “I, King Jynn, will not yield to the frail heart of a narcissistic traitor!” The sword surges with dark energy. The prince looks to the Source of All Life. “And that orb will take no part in this!” He shoots a grapple hook from his slinger to knock the Source of All Life out of Yevgeni’s hand. “Fair and square, Yev! Face me!” Jynn could sense that, oddly, Yevgeni is unconfident in himself. This was his chance, his chance to break the elf.

~ Aqua: Being saltly in Isopolis, The city of Aqua's rage and saltshakers~

Aqua entered on the other side of the gate only to find herself in an empty and crumbling city of some kind. She had watched as Yevgeni had taken the orb and as many had attacked him or tried too. “Enough of this nonsense! Enough! Jynn you are the only traitor here! You were gone when your kingdom needed you most! A king wouldn’t abandon its people, but you did! A king doesn’t do that.” Aqua was seething with rage. She didn’t want to see Yevgeni of all fye be stopped by a group of self-righteous fools that couldn’t see the greater scope of reality. 

“Such a grand and wise king, eh? Running from his people and leaving them in the hands of someone they consider and a traitor. Well, its just the same to you, right Jynn?  Anything to be rid of your own guilt and folly.” Aqua hadn’t held back or minced any words. Normally she wouldn’t have spoken so bluntly or forthrightly, but with nothing to lose, she was letting her words carry her forth. “Or is it that you came here with some foolhardy plan to bring the land below and the humans that died when it was destroyed back? Well, what are your plans to alleviate all of the problems that would cause? Does anyone have any for that? If not you might as well give up on that foolish idea and let someone that does have a plan use the relic.” Even if she angered someone and they attacked her she wouldn't mind, she would rather die then live with speaking her mind. 

Yevgeni Malachite -- City of Isolation

Yevgeni lowered himself slightly as Rabiyu addressed him.  He bowed his head in respect.  "Lady Eliltari," he said, pausing to consider her words.  "I did want to inform you of my plans.  I tried to tell you, in fact, until that fool of an ally came barging into the bar that day demanding your lamp."  He shook his head, as though the memory pained him.  "I did not want things to end this way.  We are similar, you and I, though we have made different promises that we must upkeep.  I take no pleasure in marking myself your enemy, Eli, but I have come too far to surrender now.  Besides"–he offered her a thin smile–"my surrender would mean what, exactly?  That I would be given a swift execution in front of an audience?  Perhaps locked away in the depths of Isopolis?  Your kind would never pardon me for my crimes, no matter what I do now.  It is too late for me."  There was regret in his tone, as though the situation pained him.  Did he truly wish that he could do things differently, excepting that he thought it were too late?

"And as for you"–he flicked his head in the direction of Jynn, slightly irritated by his words–"last I recall you were never coronated because you never returned to Kilkis Seres.  And you are not the only one who has lost, and made sacrifices, so do not be a fool, boy, and pretend that you know everything when you do not."

He rose back up to meet Jynn's eye, his emerald gaze boring into him.  "It seems to me that you do not know your grandfather very well.  I did, so allow me to enlighten you: he was a callous king.  A fearless leader, though arrogant and bold.  He regretted Shiva being his heir, he told me so much one day in the throne room.  He entrusted me with Kilkis Seres instead, even though he could not give me his throne by birthright, entrusting me with what ever would need to be done.  I promised him, Jynn, and I will not falter like Shiva did.  I must be stronger than she was."

The grapple hook was sent to strike Yev's hand, though the elf released his rune before it could do so, it glowing a bright pink as it burned brilliantly before him.  Anything that came into contact with the rune would burn and wither.  He swooped down alongside Nergal, handing the Source of All Life to his friend.

"I am trusting you," he murmured close to his ear, "do not use it without me.  I implore you."

Yevgeni then heard a familiar voice speak, only this one did not exclaim in protest against him.  He slowly turned to meet his apprentice's gaze, the one whom he thought likely hated him forever since the war.  "Aqua?" he said disbelievingly.  This was not like her, the gentle woman whom he'd trained and befriended.  In fact, many of this band were not themselves.  What did the Gate take from her?

(Hope that was alright, Elrandir.  I noticed the glyph above Yev but I did not have him attack.  If I need to edit just say the word.)

-Eclaire, Xion, Rhea - Fighting the Queenslayer and the Regent-

Eclaire was thrown back. Flipping and skidding back, she was prepared to surge forward, but Xion suddenly grabbed her, hugging her close. Arms around her stomach, Xion buried her face in her daughter's hair. "No...Clary....Sweet Clary, don't....don't fall into that sorrow...that rage." She begged. "I feel your heart....I feel your hurt, and your sorrow. I felt the same for the longest time, my dearest daughter. But you can't let that control you. Whatever you gave up, it couldn't be the sweet, kind heart that beats below this armor...the heart that found love...that found a home." She sobbed. "I gave up my pendant, Eclaire. The only thing left of Zion, because she'd never forgive me if I let anything happen to you. So please....Eclaire...my dearest Eclaire...." She loosened her arms. "Don't strike with hatred. It's not you. It's not you."

Rhea leaped into the fray. As Yevgeni handed the Source of all Life to Nergal, Rhea charged the Queenslayer with an opening salvo of Light magic and Geirskogul, which flew towards his heart...and close behind, was Rhea, her twin blades of Ars Nova and Ars Antiqua gleaming in the eternal sunset. "QUEENSLAYER. I WILL KILL YOU." She roared. "THAT SUN OF A BITCH WILL HAVE THE JUSTICE HE LEFT FOR ME!"

Eclaire was frozen...her ears flat, tail limp, the Retainer of the Queen was broken....no...she wasn't broken...she had but stumbled yet again in her long, long journey...

And so, she stood, breaking free from her mother. That gilded black armor faded away, leaving her in the same clothes that she met Shiva in once more. The silver sword clenched tightly, she looked up. Her tear-streaked face glinted in the sunset, as she raised that silver sword to point at Yevgeni. "Jynn might have run. He might have left. But he came back. He returned because he knew his duty. Because the greatest triumph is not in forever succeeding, but always standing up!" She roared. "I don't care for the source! I just care that Shiva's want for peace in realized! Your vision is beholden to Alexander! How could the dream of a callous man ever bring lasting happiness? I felt the warmth below Shiva's ice! I saw the kindness! If even her own father did not believe in her, then I refuse to let such a man's wishes come true!" Her beautiful white wings glowed, transfiguring into aether, their light blueish-white existence coming to life by fractals. "And I took this sword from her hands, Yevgeni! I took it as a promise! As an *oath*." She exploded from the ground, past Jynn. "Go fight the Queenslayer, Jynn! Your rage is better served slaying her killer!"

Eclaire came at Yevgeni, spinning in midair to slash at his chest. Her wings flashed away to reduce air drag, as in her free hand burst forth Overture, and she attempted to double slash him with her momentum before her wings returned. Glowing, they unleashed numerous bolts of light at the Elf, Eclaire gaining distance as Overture was thrown aside, letting it shatter to light as she gathered a dark mass in her hand, before firing it at Yevgeni. And at it's heals was her yet again, a relentless fighter out for blood. "I will avenge the woman I loved, Yevgeni, and put to the sword the traitor who ordered her death! This is my vow - this is my oath!" She yelled, stabbing at his chest once more. Behind her materialized In Paradisum, which split into it's seven, ready to be thrown or act as a deterrent should he attempt to get behind her.

- Helios & Arthur Something - /w everyone else - Isopolis: City of Isolation -

Helios roared as he charged at Yevgeni. He would charge past him as he dodged his attack, curling back as he watched the situation. This was a whole mess. Everyone was scattered and their goals all over the place. Sure, they all wanted this to end; but in many different ways. Especially with Jynn and Eclaire focused on revenge over the objective that they came here for. He narrowed his eyes at Yevgeni and at Nergal before snapping his head at the two avenging warriors. He doubted that he could stop them from fighting against Yevgeni, but they could adapt to the situation instead. His eyes turned to the source of life, following it's movements as it was handed over to Nergal. "Jynn! Eclaire! Keep Yevgeni busy!" He yelled, eyes narrowing. "We need to get the source of life! As long as they have it, they have the leverage!" Helios yelled, his voice hissing as his claws dug against the stone beneath. Was that even the real source of life? Hell if he knew. But it was all they had, isn't it? Helios would charge straight at Nergal. His mouth was open, going in for a bite. His claws aiming at his body. They had come so far. They couldn't give up now. The mysterious energy seemed to float over to Alex. He seemed so familiar. He feels nothing. There is nothing to feel. So why did he kept remembering his voice and smile over and over again?

{Mariel: Isopolis; Final Chamber}

Mariel was thrown back by Yevgani's shield. She landed hard, her breath knocked out of her. She struggled up, her breathing heavy and labored. With eyes turning red, she glared at Yevgani. He was spouting words, but she didn't care. He was going to die. When she got enough breath back, though perhaps not quite enough, she launched herself at Yevgani again. She seemed to ignore his hand off of the Source to Nergal, and kept on her original target. She crashed through the rune, intent on slamming into her target full force. The pain of the rune's effects only seemed to fuel her fury.

Edited by rikunobodyxiii

- Henry, Alastor, Alicia, Typhon and Mikhail - They're all sick of this - Isolated City of Isopolis -

As Yevgeni handed Nergal the source of all life, he'd have to be very quick with his reflexes otherwise his hand or arm would be struck by a very precise, and all the more deadly bolt of lightning, from Alastor's finger, aiming to disarm him. None of them had time to admire the surroundings, Alicia prepared to cast spells, but she needed to prepare before hand, Typhon just sat back for a moment, scratching his head as he saw the chaos unfold. "So much for dialoguing, huh?" Typhon asked his Witcher friend, who was right beside them. "Quick! The Source!" Alastor shouted for Helios as he was already going after it.

Alicia, Alastor, Henry and Mikhail did notice some things about their group, Rhea for example, taking over Thane's place, Henry came to find her incredibly cute but he didn't say anything, not did anyone else, they figured questions were for later, Typhon was completely none the wiser, far as he was concerned it was still Thane. 

Alicia, however, shouted to Jynn. "Jynn stop! if you let your anger take control of you you'l only hurt yourself! Control your anger!" Alicia shouted towards him, trying to get Jynn under control, even if it would just fall on deaf ears.

Henry moved as Elia showed him Alex's journal and his body, he simply walked up to him, silent, Kneeling in front of the body and putting a hand on Alex's shoulder. "May you find peace, wherever you are, Alex." Henry spoke, his voice not sounding different considering his body's new gimmicks. Even Everyth came to speak about him, to which he sighed. "I've lost more than you'd think there." He commented dryly, as he then turned to look at what was happening between Yevgeni, Nergal and the others who were attacking.

"Yevgeni YOU PATHETIC FOOL!" Henry screamed from the top of his lungs, as he said so his aura flared up, with massive pressure in his surrounding as even small rocks began to levitate around him from the sheer intensity. "You say you wish to keep the peace, to follow along your delusional king's legacy?!" Henry screamed some more,  "Yet you sacrifice an entire world FOR YOUR SISTER?!" Henry screamed in disbelief, "Is that what she'd want!?" He asked, and at that moment everything stood still, time itself stopped, Henry looked around for a second before realizing. "Ariana's time powers..." He muttered to himself, he must have activated it without knowing, or just from pure rage.

He began to walk foward, everything was still frozen in time, as he walked towards Nergal, behind him, as time began to resume, Everyone would notice Henry's position changing from in the middle of the group to behind Nergal. Henry reered back his hand and thrust it foward, aiming to deliver a punch so powerful, aimed at Nergal's kidney area, if it landed, the impact itself would vibrate Nergal's entire body from the sheer force, but also with an extremely likely chance to obliterate the man's kidney if it landed in full, But that was not all. 

With his other hand, Henry charged an orb of energy, should Nergal be hit by his kidney punch or dodge to the side or back, Henry would swing it forward, but the orb would absorb itself onto Henry hand, and it would send out a massive foward cone of deadly energy at Nergal, in a shotgun like blast. 

"I gave you a chance! I gave you both a chance to turn things around!...i've had it with you two!" Henry shouted, He was no longer holding back, Henry was fully ready to kill both of them if it meant claiming the source of all life and saving the world below. "I refuse to let you squander our chance to make things right again I won't let either of you use the source!" Henry spoke, his aura only getting stronger and stronger. "I will, crush both of you if I have to". 

(Maxis's post comes in a short bit)

Edited by Scrapmaster

Rabiyu listened to Yevgeni's words, and, as much as she wanted to deny it, those words hurt her, because deep down she knew that there may have been another way to deal with things. However, this was reality. This was the moment the fate of the worlds would be decided. Yevgeni had given Nergal the source, which meant Rabiyu was going to follow the source, not Yevgeni, she didn't dared to do it, for reasons unknown to her. The glyph in the sky quickly shrunk into a small orb that flew towards Rabiyu's bow, the moment it made contact with the string the orb took the form of a glowing arrow, an arrow of light.

"Yevgeni is not my concern, not now. I need to focus on getting the source," Rabiyu thought, "the others can have their revenge if they want, but our main priority is to recover the source so we can restore the world below."

The white haired elf aimed at the Queenslayer's hand as fast as she could, taking a deep breath before releasing the arrow. If the the arrow managed to hit Nergal in his hand, then he would most surely lose it, thanks to the sheer amount of arcane power contained in the arrow of light.

Aura was trying to figure out what was going on, she could only hear what the others were talking about, and the sounds combat, but her eyes were not working well.

"Sifrei, we need to help them," Aura said to the Archangel as she took a step forwards.

The Archangel looked at the young woman, he listened to what she had said, but the moment she took a step forwards, he put his hand on her shoulder, effectively stopping her from taking more steps. Aura looked like she wanted to argue, that she had to do something to help Helios, to help Eli, to help everyone, but looking at the blurred form of Sifrei made her realize that she was useless at the moment. She was not used to her new abilities yet, she could heard the sound of combat, but she couldn't predict how or when an enemy would attack. At that moment Aura's shoulders fell and she took a step back.

"I understand." she said quietly, "I won't get in their way. Not as I am now."

--Yevgeni Malachite -- Isopolis: The City of Isolation--

The elf watched his fellow kin retrieve her orb of light and move away, his eyes following her somberly.  He'd wanted Rabiyu as an ally.  He wanted to call her his friend.  At one point perhaps they had been friends.  If he'd been able to tell her of his plans, would it have somehow made a difference?  Would he have still gone through with this, or would they have worked things out differently, together?  No, he couldn't afford to regret his actions, not now.  Nergal was his friend, and he was on his side; that was what he had to focus on at present.

Eclaire tore herself from her mother's arms, offering Yev a speech which he listened to patiently.  Her words came down hard and cold, especially in voicing her thoughts on King Alexander.  Yevgeni gritted his teeth, baring his rapier to parry with her strike.  He leaned in, putting his weight behind his blade to hopefully push the queen's retainer back slightly.

"I do not suppose Shiva would take kindly to you speaking of her father in such a manner, nor do I."  He shoved and leaped up into the air once more, hovering several feet above her.  "King Alexander was a great man, who was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice so that we maintain peace, even if it meant his own daughter.  Tell me what ruler is willing to sacrifice their own blood, if not a great and powerful one?  I always wanted to be someone he was proud of, to be someone worthy of calling his son."

The words slipped from his mouth before he could pause and consider them.  Realizing his error, he lashed out, sending four beams of light to strike from the heavens, which extended in an X-formation around Eclaire.  It was around then that Eclaire's light blasts shot out from her wings; he swerved to dodge them, though one managed to strike his left shoulder, causing him to hiss in pain.  Thankfully it was not his sword arm, though it would be difficult for him to make use of his left arm in any manner now.

As Eclaire began to strike his chest again Mariel charged in his direction, having to charge through his rune without taking too much damage and, the damage she had taken, she did well.  Before Yevgeni could react she charged into him, sending him to the ground behind the altar.  It took him a moment to collect himself from the damage, slowly rising from the ground and eyeing the angel coolly.  He whipped his rapier to the side, brushing back stray strands of hair that had fallen into his face.

"I do not think we have been properly introduced," Yev murmured darkly, slowly walking up to Mariel, his left arm hanging limp thanks to the damage that Eclaire had wrought.  "It would be a pleasure to make the acquaintance of the woman whose life I am about to take."

The elf ran a finger along the tip of his sword, causing it glow.  He then proceeds to slash the air in front of her, sending a shockwave of light energy.  It was wide in radius, about five feet, and Yev came up shortly behind it.  He sent a few strikes in her direction, slashing mostly toward her midsection.

Meanwhile, Athena noticed Sifrei and Aura struggle and briefly left her father in a safe corner to head over to them.  "Come, Aura," she said tenderly, remembering the girl from the rooftop.  "I'll take you over here to my father, who cannot see as well."

{Mariel: Isopolis; Final Chamber}

After running into Yevgeni, Mariel fell heavily to the ground holding her arms close to her body. They had taken the brunt of the rune, leaving them burned and withered. Her breaths were short and sharp as the red mist of her anger was being challenged by pain. It wasn’t until part way through Yevgeni’s little speech to her that she finally looked up. Her eyes glowed red, the snarl on her lips almost feral. With no regard for her enemy’s words, Mariel struggled up and charged at him again. She let out a sonic scream as she ran, though not her normally focused sonic attack, as that technique was sacrificed to get here. To the crowd at large, it was ear splitting. At close range, it dealt real damage. She pushed through the shockwave, but wasn’t so resilient to Yevgani’s blade. She took several direct hits to her torso, finally cutting off her scream. She dropped to her knees, sputtering as the red light in her eyes faded.

- Aura and Sifrei - Isopolis: The City of Isolation -

Aura was a little surprised when she heard the voice of princess Athena. Apparently king Alderon had suffered the same fate as her, the loss of their light, although she still could somewhat see.

"Thank you, Princess," Aura answered Athena, "your help is appreciated."

Before Aura followed Athena, she turned her head to look at the Archangel who was staring at nothing in particular at the moment. He was not the same, Aura could tell that, but he still made an attemp to protect her, just like Eli had said to him. Maybe, just maybe, that was the key to...Ugh! the noise made by a powerful scream made Aura cover her ears for a moment. Who was the source of the scream? she couldn't tell, but the scream ended as quickly as it began.

"Sifrei, I have a favor to ask," she said while blinking and looking in the direction of Mariel, "I want you to help the person who screamed just now. Do not let them get hurt."

Aura then held Athena's hand and waited for the princess to lead the way. Sifrei stared at Aura before turning around to face Mariel's way. He remembered the guardian angel, and he also remembered he offered his help before when she was trying to find clues about the assassination of the Frostbearer. If Aura told him that he should help her, then perhaps he should do it.

Everything around the Archangel slowed down to such extent that it looked like time itself had stopped. He walked towards Mariel and Yevgeni not really paying attention to anything else. Once close enough he picked Mariel up and moved her out of harm's way, he took her some distance away from Yevgeni before putting her back on the ground as time reasumed its normal course. Sifrei put his hand over Mariel's wounds as his hand began to glow with a faint light, the sign of a healing spell for the Guardian Angel.

- Typhon - The Medic Bug wannabe - City of Isolation -

"Let me help." Typhon approached Sifrei. As he had taken Mariel out of dangern, and since Typhon owed her one from helping him with the labyrinth door, he kneeled right beside them. "Your healing spell's all great, but she needs suttures to close the wounds and bleeding. Typhon then twitched a bit, as a small beetle like insect crawled out of his body, running along his hand. It quickly flew and landed at Mariel. "There you go, Typhon Junior'l help close her wounds, it will spray an ointment gel on top of them that stimulates the body's natural healing, also binds the wound and dissolves over time so it doesn't leave any marks, should help her alongside you healing spell...Chicken wings." Typhon explained what he did to Sifrei. Adding the Chicken Wing Nickname, because that's all he could see when he saw the Angel's delicious looking wings. he wondered how they would taste... But that was a thought for another time.

And true to his word, his bug crawled fast to each open wound Mariel had sustained, and forcefully closed them, with potent anesthetic needles to pull them together and close them together with the ointment gel. Letting Sifrei's healing magic to further help her up to speed.

"To be completely honest with you Chicken Wings, Im not going near that mess of a brawl over there, i'l bide my time for a better opportunity than just throwing myself at it." Typhon explained his thought process.

~Aqua: Ya know where: emotionally drained~

Aqua covered her ears. Mariel’s scream had given her a headache and caused Aqua's ears to ring. The young elf quickly shook her head trying to clear away the ringing sound. She then looked at Yev. “I’m not against you. I just wanted answers, that’s all.” Her anger and rage had already dissipated. She was left feeling empty. A sad sigh parted her lips as she walked toward Yev. “So, just be honest with me please and tell me what you are planning?” She pleaded with him. More than anything the elven girl just wanted the fighting to stop.

(Sorry for the shorter post)

Edited by Sora's Baby

Yevgeni Malachite and Athena Niles -- Isopolis: City of Isolation

The screech that Mariel emitted caused the elf to stumble backward, the sound reverberating through his head and causing his ears to ring.  He hadn't seen an ability such as this screech in a long while, though generally the screech was silent, unlike Mariel's screech before him.  For a moment he held his head, his head feeling like it would split.  For a brief while he felt stunned, merely watching as Sifrei whisked the other angel away.  His attention lingered upon them for only a moment, switching over to Nergal, the assault upon his ally seeming nearly relentless.  What a drag this ragtag group of heroes was starting to be.

Yevgeni rose his right hand, uttering an incantation as the wind began to pick up around him.  The sky darkened by only a shade as solar energy was drawn from the sun.  With a wave of his arm, light akin to shooting stars struck the party attacking Nergal.  If they hit, it would sear through whatever it touched with immense force.  Just as he was about to dart over to aid his companion, he found Aqua approaching.  His emerald eyes faltered.

"I have tried to be honest with you," was Yev's response.  "Trust me, I have taken no great pleasure in lying.  I have had to guard the truth a few times, I will admit, though my goal is to obtain peace, even if it requires great sacrifice.  My objective is to fulfill King Alexander's will, with my final act doing just that."  His gaze shifted over to Henry, as the dreadnaught attempted to strike Nergal in the kidneys.  He knew that he had to hurry.  "Aqua, I will make this up to you if I survive, I promise you.  I appreciated your loyalty, then and now, and I hope regardless of what happens today that you will emerge from here well."

Yev then grasped her shoulders and pulled her out of the line of fire.  "I must help him before he is killed.  Take shelter.  Don't get yourself hurt."  He ran a gloved finger across her cheek tenderly, looking as though he wished to say more, before he tore away and rushed to Nergal's side, rapier drawn and ready to shed blood.

Meanwhile, Athena's fingers intertwined with Aura's as she carefully lead her across the battlefield and over toward the human king.  "What did you have to sacrifice?" she asked her along the way.  "I . . . fear that my sacrifice did something awful.  Arthur is what I hold most dear, and I haven't seen him since we've arrived.  Do you know what happened to him, by any chance?"

She thought it unlikely, but it was worth a try.  If something terrible had happened to Arthur because of her, she would likely never forgive herself.

Eclaire, Xion, and Rhea - EVERYONE US KUNG-FU-FIGHTIN', THEM FISTS ARE FAST AS LIGHTNIN'-

Rhea backwinged as Henry executed his devastating kidney attack. She paused until he was done, then once more charged Nergal, throwing herself at him in a sidespin, a whirling spinning top of blades and twintails.

Xion had moved closer to the humans. Despite her misgivings, right now everyone mattered. And as such, Xion chose to leave the fighting in her daughter's capable hands, and play the part of the late wife she couldn't remember - the protector.

Eclaire...she was frozen. As she was let go, the chimaera faltered in air, backwinging through the fractals of light that marked where her Spears had faded. She gathered herself as Yevgeni led Aqua away, and Eclaire took pause.

Would Shiva accept her own words? Would she accept the vitriol she, Eclaire, three at Alexander's memory? Maybe. Maybe not. But Shiva wasn't here.

Eclaire felt the tears flow. "You bastard;", she roared at Yevgeni. "What would Shiva think? I'd love to know! I'd love to been yelled at for insulting her father! I'd give up every bit of my power to see her yell at me! But she's gone, Yevgeni! She's gone and I'll never get to hold her! Laugh with her! You took away the only person I had left in this whole damn world, all for a dead man's folly!" She rocketed at him once more. Yes, she had regained her mother...but...

"You took away the first person to not see me as a mistake! She never once saw me as such am abomination, an unholy offspring!, She saw me as me!" Her blade began to glow. "And you took her from me!"

Eclaire slashed, sending a wave of dark light at Yevgeni. "And...you took away a mother who just wanted what was best for her son! Look what you did, you monster!" She screamed

- Nergal, the Queenslayer, Receiver of a Thousand Blows - Isopolis: City of Isolation -

Much hate and vitriol was hurled Nergal's and Yevgeni's way, along with many attacks, some intended to kill him outright. Luckily, Yevgeni protected Nergal from the initial orbs of lightning, while having to address the many warriors present, all wishing to give the wondrous companion of his a piece of their minds. During the chaos however, Yevgeni surprised Nergal by entrusting him with the Source of All Life, imploring him not to take its power without him with a whisper, his spine shivering, yet he did not hesitate in accepting the crystal.

"Fear not, dear friend. I will protect it with my life. And you, as you have me."

Nergal had avoided La Justicere a second time and one of his second set of orbs was deflected by his now re-combined Glaive, but one had slipped through his defense, impacting his right shoulder hard, crackling fiercely, but he was able to keep out of range of the tail swipe from Helios in a bestial form, who simply charged at him, claws extended and a bite at the ready; prompting Nergal to twirl his Glaive in one hand in an expert and swift fashion over his shoulder and toss it like a spear at high speed at the monster, which if impacted would also unleash a light-based explosion upon the shapeshifter.

Strangely, Henry seemed to disappear from the fray, leaving Nergal squinting briefly at his previous location, not long before he felt the altered presence of the Dreadnought, in locomotion of his own will and it alone, behind him, attacking fiercely, aiming for his kidney area. Nergal was able to swiftly turn on the spot and knock his punch away with his free hand, but could only cross his arms to resist the multi-shot attack thrown his way, taking minor damage, keeping the crystal close in a balled-up grasp. The distinct sound of an arrow forged from light being released from its bow alerted the Queenslayer, who acted on the spot, flipping over Henry in a vault, hoping to use him as a Human Shield, while also attempting to shove him forward as hard as he could, as to make Henry meet the arrow quicker, following up with a swift cartwheel to Yevgeni's side, meeting the elf in the middle and allowing him to avoid Rhea's attack in turn.

During this calamity, Yevgeni had a key detail revealed about him. Something Nergal hadn't quite known or heard about: Yevgeni was King Alexander's son, meaning Queen Shiva, the woman Nergal had been sent to slay by Yevgeni...was his sister? The so-titled Queenslayer had already held some...strange feelings, regarding her death recently, now to learn of this...it truly shocked him and he couldn't say he had felt such a thing before. The bonds between siblings were supposed to be thicker than the blood that ran in their veins, how could he so willingly accept such a solution...? It would explain why he had Nergal do the deed instead of seeing to it personally.

Nergal's concentration was shifted elsewhere however, as Eclaire launched a wave of dark light at Yevgeni, prompting an instinctual response from Nergal: Who stood in front of him and expelled nothingness in a similar wave to meet the power, where it would either overpower the light and flatten Eclaire or would simply clash with it and explode harmlessly. In this moment, he put his doubt aside, glad that he had an elf he could call a true friend in a time like this, resummoning his Glaive from wherever it had ended up, looking upon his opponents.

"Ahh, but you are not an abomination, Retainer. Those are simply the views of those who do not know your kind or are ignorant to their ways. But you are mistaken if you think you can speak ill of Yevgeni in my presence..."

Nergal's initial soft smile turned to a cold stare, his body now charged with nothingness circling closely around his body and crackling with strange electricity.

"I'll send you to your beloved Queen soon, my dear...you won't need to cry anymore."

He spoke with both sincere reassurance and cold, simple hatred at the same time, born purely from his defense of Yevgeni, his body language extremely telling as he seemed to cover him more, slipping the Source into a pouch upon his person, hidden from the sight of others as it was the side facing Yevgeni.

"Then what would you have her do?!"

- Soren Monroe, The Sentinel Renewed - Isopolis: City of Isolation -

These words were bellowed from the onlooking Soren, who tired of hearing Nergal's voice more with each second that passed, a furious expression upon his face as he reached for his greatsword, flames beginning to flow over the blade as his hand made contact with the grip. "My grief for the Queen is unending, Slayer!" He went on, looking to Eclaire as he did. "But hers outshines mine, like the sun eclipsing a wildfire! For she loved Shiva, for she saw her as a person, yet more than that...someone to cherish." Soren's initial yelling became soft as he spoke the last three words, yet he held confidence that Nergal would hear him, now directing his attention to said Slayer.

"You and your Elven disgrace spit on her grave with your actions! Just think about it, Nergal! A brother so willing to kill his sister, yet he didn't wish to dirty his own hands...but lo and behold, you graced his doorstep with a willing hand to take hold of a Feyslayer to perform the deed, for no gain to yourself!!" Soren then drew his greatsword, flames completely engulfed the blade now as he pointed it straight at the Queenslayer.

"I hate you...but I know a used man when I see one. That's why you'll die last." Soren finished, swiping his blade to the side, fire igniting in his free hand as he launched a powerful hellfireball toward the Arrow of Light as to destroy it before it impacted with Henry Hansees.

- Helios & Arthur Something - /w everyone else - Isopolis: City of Isolation -

Helios would see the weapon being thrown straight at him. The adrenaline of the moment was rushing across his body, the tingling sensation making the ends of his thumbs numb. He had never met Nergal until this moment. This would be their first meeting and he would make it sure that it would be their last. As the weapon reached towards him, Helios would spin, dodging the incoming blade. It didn't stop it from cutting into his skin as it skimmed right past him, blood being drawn even against the scales. The explosion would occur right after, taking Helios by surprise. It sent him off course, flying back, but that didn't stop his momentum. If anything, it only helped him. He would roll back, his eyes glowing as the smoke covered him once more. From the smoke, a new creature literally rolled out and straight towards Nergal. It was a crystal basilisk, rolled up as the bladed crystals on it's back would cut anything that came in its path. It was energy consuming to transform mid movement, but he was getting better at it. Besides, the adrenaline was still kicking and making him going. He was yet to collapse...not yet at least. They had the whole world below and above on their shoulders. They couldn't fail. The energy that was once Arthur would merely hang around, neither helping nor condemning either side. Instead it would merely watch over the group that remained behind and away from the action, brilliant blue eyes made out of sparks standing tall with the figure in the shape of what was once a young, proud knight. He didn't even have his sword any longer. He was just balancing between existing and not...even when the sight of the princess made his sparks glow ever bit brighter before dimming again.

- Henry, Typhon, Alicia and Alastor - City of ze Isolation

"Is it too much to ask for you all to just shut up and fight?!" Henry shouted at Nergal, Yevgeni and company, his attack on Nergal mostly failed, with the added insult of Yevgeni's solar blast attack which was mostly blocked by his energy barrier, but he did some damage to Nergal at least, albeit small. But Nergal was quick as always, fliping over Henry and shoving him towards the arrow made of light. Henry could block it, or dodge it. Or let Soren's hell fireball to handle it. But Henry had had enough. Time seemed to slow down again as Henry extended one hand towards the Light arrow, and the other towards the hell fireball. Grabbing both projectiles into his hands, using his pure energy power to hold them at bay within his hands, he could feel the heat and power of both projectiles. He then did the unthinkable, he charged his own energy onto them and slammed them onto each other. Creating a Hellfire Light arrow of sorts, cloaked in crimsom energy and crackling with power in his hands, fully attuned to his energy .

In a split second, he threw the arrow towards Nergal and Yevgeni as he dashed forward with energy charged speed, the arrow would explode on proximity to Nergal and Yevgeni. Henry was completely silent, silent determination within his being, the arrow was mostly a diversion, a perfect diversion for Alastor to close the distance between him and Nergal, but seeing as how Helios was already charging towards Nergal. Alastor prompted to do a simple and quick, but no less impactful kick to knock the assassin towards Helios.

If Nergal managed to dodge said attack he'd have to deal with a charging flying Henry, like a god damn torpedo, flying at him with a energy charged haymaker aimed directly at his mask, mid-air, or on ground, depending on the direction Nergal dodged towards, either jumping or dashing on the ground. 

Henry's fist was charged with energy, but it wasn't made to explode, it was simply to boost its attack massively. The punch would be quite hard to block, and even if Nergal managed to block it with his glaive, he'd mostly likely be sent flying backwards from the sheer impact force.

Henry was not throwing out sarcastic remarks, bantering with his enemies anymore. He is fully commited and serious to this fight.

Edited by Scrapmaster

Aura followed the princess until she made sure that they were in a safe spot, then she asked her what she had sacrificed in order to enter the final chamber.

"I...I don't...I don't really know, Princess," Aura answered Athena, "My sight is not what's most important to me, that's for sure. But I feel like I am forgetting something, something very, very important."

The princess explained what her own sacrifice had been, the person she most cared about, and apprently he was not there with them.

"I can't say that I've seen him, Princess, but," Aura turned to look at Athena, "If he really cares for you, just as you care for him, then he will find his way back to you."

Sifrei listened to the Cyph's explanation about what the small bug he had released on Mariel would do to help her heal. At some point that would have been interesting to hear, but not at the moment. He knew that he couldn't talk, and the cyph obviously couldn't see, so there was no way of effective communication he could offer. The nickname Chicken Wings would have been funny.

Rabiyu noticed Yevgeni casting a spell, and she was about to turn around and shot him, but a beam that looked like a shooting star was coming her way, the only thing she could do was to dodge it. She quickly flew away from the attack, dodging a couple of these "shooting stars", one of which managed to get really close to her foot. Yevgeni had revealed that he was the brother of the Frostbearer, which came as a surprise to her. How was it possible for Yevgeni to get rid of his own blood, only to follow the wishes of the late king Alexander. The way he spoke with Aqua, the way he ran a finger across her cheek only to run to the Queenslayer's side, that made her feel something strange on her chest, something she had to ignore in order to avoid getting hurt in the fight, but was that the fight that was going on at the moment? or a fight within herself?

"Spirits of the Air!" Rabiyu said as her hand pointed to the sky, "unleash thy fury and bring forth the thy power to defeat mine enemy!"

The white haired elf pointed at the direction of Yevgeni and the Queenslayer, a loud booming sound coming from the sky as a flash of light illuminated the spot above her targets. A powerful lightning bolt made its way towards Yevgeni and Nergal, ready to incapacitate those she had to defeat.

(SInce I didn't do anything with her on my last post.)

- Alicia - The Ex-Grimoirer - CIty of Isolation -

As the Chaos waged, Alicia bid her time, waiting for the perfect opportunity to act, shocked by Jynn's explosive outburst towards both Yevgeni and Nergal, she needed to keep a level head, even amidst all this. She focused on what was happening right now. No doubt Yevgeni would attempt to assist Nergal in the onslaught being launched against him. She had the perfect Idea.

Running to a better position to see Yevgeni more clearly, She held out her hand forward, holding it as a magic glyph formed around it, Soon enough Around Yevgeni multiple glyphs would appear floating around him as well, aiming towards him as they would then begin firing elemental lasers at Yevgeni, constant lasers being shot as she charged with her other hand a more powerful spell Unknowingly channeling draconic energy into it as well. The lasers were to keep Yevgeni on the defensive and dodging, so he could not assist Nergal. Finishing the laser barrage she shot out her other hand's magic. "Hyacinthum Fulmine!" She spoke as she shot out a draconic infused bolt of draconic energy at Yevgeni, at sonic speeds, aiming right at Yevgeni's chest area. It would prove rather difficult to deflect or block, but dodging it would be easy if the Elf had extreme reflexes, this was so she could run interference between the blonde elf and Nergal.

- Corrupted Maxis and Hektor - Battle of the minds -

"Seems like a proper plan" Hektor commented on Meksis's plan of attack, attacking both of Maxis's damaged areas would definitely prove effective, it was their best shot after all. "Follow my lead". Hektor told Meksis as he charged at Maxis. Leaving the dream state.

Maxis teleported instantly in front of Hektor, unleashing a flurry of giant madness bladed strikes. Hektor deflty ducked, weaved, and hopped over attacks, deflecting others with his trusty rapier, As Maxis ended the attack on a slam with his sword, unleashing a devastating explosion of madness energy on Hektor. As the smoke cleared Hektor was nowhere to be seen, before reappearing on top of Maxis's blade, "Need to practice fencing I see." Hektor commented as he swiftly kicked Maxis's in the face, knocking him back. Before Hektor launching himself at Maxis's chest, who recovered quick enough to re-summon his sword and slash at Hektor, who blocked the blade and held it in a blade lock. "Meksis now!" Hektor shouted, as Maxis's back weakspot was perfectly open.

Yevgeni Malachite -- Isopolis: City of Isolation

Yevgeni's eyes narrowed at the retainer's words.  It seemed that Shiva was indeed capable of love, something that he'd disbelieved until he'd seen her with Jynn and, much later, Eclaire.  She certainly had never showered it upon himself or her father; perhaps that is why King Alexander held his own daughter with disdain.

The elf parried her first attack, emerald eyes meeting hers.  "Perhaps you aren't the only one who has lost everyone," Yevgeni hissed.  "Perhaps you aren't the only mistake in this room.  I was hidden away for years, disregarded because I was never meant to be born.  I would've cost the king his arranged marriage and alliance with the south, perhaps even starting a civil war among fey.  Tell me, Eclaire: have you ever stopped to think?  Have you stopped to consider the sacrifices that others have had to make, besides just yourself?  You are so self-centered, thinking of Shiva alone and disregarding anyone else's pain or suffering, considering only the pain that you suffer within your heart from losing the one you love.  Well, you know what?"–he unlocked swords with her and carefully backflipped away–"you need to get over yourself and grow up."

It was around then that Eclaire sent a wave of dark energy his way, causing him to cringe inwardly, eyes wide.  Darkness was his elemental weakness; he wasn't sure what such a blow would mean for his holy magic.  Thankfully Nergal shielded him from the blow, as Yevgeni shifted so that the two were back to back.  "You have my thanks, Nergal."

Soren's words annoyed the elf greatly, though time was seldom for him to shoot back a retort.  "You're wrong, traitor," Yev responded coolly.  "I could not afford to falter, to fail in the same manner that Shiva did.  I cared for her, even if she despised me, and even now I do not know if I could have ended her life as I was obligated to do.  I did not force or coerce Nergal to do it–"he considered his companion briefly–"he agreed quite willingly, and I do believe claiming a portion of the Source of All Life's power is indeed a fair payment for such loyalty."

The two were now together, which was good because they could defend one another, but bad because it was easier for their foes to strike them both with a single attack. "It is best for us to split up, I believe," Yev voiced as he turned his head to glance at Nergal over his shoulder, yelling over the chaos.  "I will hold off the bulk of them.  Try to take down the long-range fighters.  I didn't want to harm any of them, but they are beyond diplomacy at this point."

From the corner of his eye Yev saw Henry's arrow, an impressive conglomeration of Rabiyu's arrow of light and Soren's hellfire.  Yevgeni drew another iridescent shield, which shattered upon the arrow's impact but served in guarding them.  He then noticed Alastor, Odin's crony, dart in to deliver a swift kick to the Queenslayer.  If he managed to land the hit, however, he would deliver a sharp jab of his rapier into Alastor's exposed side, the blade enchanted with holy magic so that it could sear through even the most resilient of armors.  He then brought his sword hand up hard, so as to knock the hilt of his blade up hard against Alastor's chin.

He noticed Henry flying in the direction of Nergal, though there was sadly little that he could do to prevent it.  Alicia sent glyphs to circle around him, and it was the best that he could manage to dance around in an attempt to avoid them.  Something about the air changed around them, and Yev felt static as the fine hair on his neck stood on end.  Glancing up, he saw that Rabiyu had prepared a bolt of lightning aimed directly at the pair.  He kicked off of the ground, the lightning striking at his feet, yet the closeness of such an attack left his heart pounding and ears ringing.

"Two can play at that game!" Yevgeni cried out, sending beams of holy light down to strike the ground around Nergal at their enemies.  They came forth from the sky, about three feet in diameter and scattered five to six feet apart.  At least a dozen strikes fell, though none, interestingly, were aimed even remotely in Rabiyu's direction.

The draconic blast was harder to avoid, however, with its immense speed and Yev's attention being diverted elsewhere.  It hit him clear in the stomach, the shock of the impact causing his eyes to widen as he collapsed to the ground, rolling on his side several rotations before coming to a stop.

"No," he rasped, jamming his rapier into the ground as violet rays scattered from its tip and surrounded him.  "Not . . . yet.  We've come so far–"

A thick wall of ultraviolet rays surrounded the elf, and his body began to glow an emerald green.  He was in the process of healing himself, or at least to partially undo some of the damage that Alicia had wrought to stave off death, at least for a bit longer.  His tunic was tattered where the blast had hit, along with the surrounding flesh.  He would bear the scars for the rest of his life, he was certain, if he managed to survive beyond this day.

Meanwhile, Athena considered Aura's words, a thin smile visible on her pallid lips.  "I do hope that you are right.  I'm now regretting using up Rufus' wish on my human form.  I should've wished for a safe journey to the Source of All Life.  I did not foresee any of this."

Jynn, Dawson, and Bherna-Isopolis, City of Isolation

Dawson was quick to take note of Yevgeni’s seeming fear of the power of darkness Eclaire summoned. He looks to Jynn, who seems to be settling down from hearing Alicia’s words. “Darkness........” Perhaps Jynn’s dark powers could be incredibly useful in this battle. In a flash, he leaps off of Bherna’s shoulder and manages to get on Jynn’s back. The prince is alerted by Dawson’s presence. “Dawson, what are you doing?!” The palico takes out a feathered needle and jabs it into Jynn’s shoulder.

From the point of the needle, a layer of armor materializes around Jynn’s body. The chest glows blue from bioluminescence. And an eyepatch forms around his head. It emits a red aura around the chest piece, giving the wearer strength. Dawson smirks. “Feel revitalized?” Jynn examines the set. “this is the mixed set I created after we hunted a Kushala Daora.” Dawson raises an eyebrow. We.......... hunted together? I mean, I know Jynn is a hunter, but I don’t recall ever teaming up though......... He doesn’t mention his lack of memories.

“Jynn. You must use your darkness. Yevgeni seems to be weak to it.” Jynn shakes his head. “Are you crazy? We’re in the end game now. We cannot afford my exhaustion.” Dawson pats the armor. “With this, you’ll be able to continue fighting, even when your dark power subsides.”

The prince finally makes the decision to use his powers. Meanwhile, Dawson pulls out a horn. “I’ll provide as much support as I can.” The palico leaps off Jynn’s shoulder and plays the horn, giving everyone (except Yevgeni and Nergal) strength. Meanwhile, Jynn lands near Yevgeni. Black plasmas emits from his hands and the glowing spots from his armor, and a powerful blue aura as well.

Jynn faces the regent, referencing the latter’s retorts at Eclaire. “The more you talk, the more you become hypocritical.” He withdraws La Justiceré. “Surrender. Now. I will not ask a third time.”

Bherna stands next to her father. Summoning her glaive, she emits a flame aura, and points her weapon at Yevgeni. “Please. You must surrender. I know that deep down, you know what you’re doing is wrong.”