Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

-Helios, with the twins somewhere between Alderon and Helvadoria-
Helios stretched against the grassy field, slowly standing up and shaking any dirt and grass off him as he caught up to the twins. "He'll make it through." Helios insisted, looking at them. "He was one of those experimented with the blood of my friend. She died because of those experiments. If he really is worthy of...well, being blessed by her blood, he'll live." Helios added, beginning to walk forward as he closed his eyes. He concentrated, and with a puff of smoke, his body morphed again, bones retracting, feathers disappearing within his skin as his whole being reshaped. Now back in his human form, he turned to the twins and pointed forward. "There should be a town west from here. Let us see, shall we?" Helios asked. He was still wary of humans. How couldn't he, after what he had gone through? But these humans were kind. Well, at least to him they were. So was Henry, who seemed to be on his side and against his own for what they did to him. He would deal with it. He would go along. Not like he could just fly over and expect to be accepted back just like that. Were they to get lost he could turn into a bird and pinpoint their location one way or another. "Do you know Henry well?" Helios asked, deciding to make a conversation to not make the walk as quiet. "I mean, are you partners, friends, allies, family, associates?"

-Arthur, in the King's flying ship-
Arthur walked over next to Draksis, looking up at the sky of where the creature had flown off. "...Sir Draksis, was that...a Griffin?!" Arthur asked. He had never seen one before. Actually, most if not none of them had ever seen one before. Such creatures hid themselves in the tallest of mountains, only seen by lucky explorers here and there. "Amazing, such power!" Arthur breathed. However the King's admission of the Griffin actually being none other than the prisoner itself. It was...rather a shock. Sich a being, that looked almost human by all means, could...simply shape shift and turn into that? What kind of creatures were they dealing with? What kind of place was the Overworld, the home of these creatures? For a second, the Overworld didn't just sound amazing and stunning, but also scary. "Oh boy." Arthur gulped, gripping his fists. Now he wondered if he'd even return from this adventure alive. but all in due time, he guessed.

-Morana, within the not so abandoned cottage-
Morana bowed her head. She could tell that her scent was starting to bother the Queen and those around her. It was normal. Standardly many would only handle a few minutes before the nausea set in. "Until next time, my Queen." Morana said as he bowed her head again. She glanced over at Eclaire. "Good luck, Eclaire, in your redemption." And with that, Morana stepped out. She walked past Maxis, waving goodbye at him. "Goodbye talking piece of armor." She said casually, walking into the forest, and very soon disappearing within the shadows, the scent of death lingering only for a few more moments before drifting into the air. Within the shadows of the forest, Morana caught up with her own, quickly being offered a lift by one of the bigger beings of her group. Standing on its skeletal palm, she was lifted over to sit on the being's shoulder, some fur remaining from the decomposing skin. "Something isn't right. The Queen worries that something will happen...the rumors are true, it seems." She spoke. The group groaned and mumbled under their breaths, beneath their skull masks. At times like this Morana felt so very odd between them, yet never more at home. Her mother was a Fey who had lost her scent of smell, and upon meeting a certain Wendigo, had fallen in love, and so Morana was born. When her mother had died of...something, something she could not recall, they ate her body in remembrance. Now she was there, with the only family left being that of those who carried death wherever they went. "Let us continue our journey. Let us head to the edge of the forest, to the Nymphadora Sea. The sea-salt shall do us well."

~Aqua:Outside of Jynn's house~

Aqua watched her friend head of the go clean herself. She saw the other members of the group all head off to do different things. She stood there in deep thought. "I need to train." She thought to herself. That wasn't her only thought,however it was her main one.

Her eyes scanned the area and found nothing out of place or odd. She let out a small sigh. She could hear Alicia talking to Yev behind her. "If you want to displease a Prince then by all means try. I just hope he's forgiving to you." She turned to face them and walked past them.

She had more important things to do after all. Aqua found a nice,quiet place not far from the house and sat down. Her eyes went to the staff she was holding at her side. She put it before herself. A small breath passed her lips and she took the staff into her hands. She held it firmly. Her mind cleared and focused she let her magic channel through the staff.

Rabiyu - Inside Jynn's abode
Rabiyu watched as Aqua made her thoughts known to the three of them.
"A feisty heroine that one. I can see that she has potential for further growth in her magical abilities, with the right training, of course. " she said, "but unfortunately for her I am not under the Prince's jurisdiction, nor that of the Lady of Ice for that matter."
The High Elf then looked between the other two.
"What say you, Lord Yevgeni," Rabiyu asked, "As you can see, Alicia shares my opinion. The longer we wait, the more they plot."
Rabiyu then looked at the direction the Prince went.
"We shouldn't concern ourselves with what the Prince will think of us. At least I don't," she said in a flat tone, "The fact is that I may not see him again once this mission is over, not after I return to then Northern continent, to my home."

Aeternum Siblings - Somewhere between Alderon and Helvadoria
The Twins looked at each other while following Helios.
"That's easy," Aurion said, "We are partners. At least in this job."
Aura nodded to her brother's words.
"We agreed to work together last night," she said, "so we could get you out of the castle. So I do not think we know him that well."
The younger Aeternum then looked at the Fey.
"And I can see the reason he wanted to set you free," Aura said flatly, "Now the question is: What are you? Because you aren't exactly normal, not here, at least"
Aurion then scratched his head, a calm smile on his face.
"Henry told us that you lived in a world above our own. And by your abilities I can only say that I can believe anything they guy says."

Manel Fienna, Sondon

Manel's footsteps slowed as a familiar voice called her name, then came to a halt as a hand fell on her wrist. They were leaving with a threat in the castle that could be anything from a small infiltration to full scale invasion, with no way to hear the results later. For all they knew this could turn into a war. Still, Manel only hesitated half a second before turning and nodding to Curvis.

"If that is the King's will, it shall be done." The lady turned back, weaving quickly through the soldiers as she ran to the Phoenix, trying not to think about the potential negligence she was showing. Thromoni had never sent out expeditions while a threat was in the fief. No. King Alderon had faith that his men could handle this. It probably wasn't anything huge (just a group skilled enough to break into the dungeon and release a high security prisoner without alerting a single guard on the day of an important event when everyone was extremely high strung, her brain helpfully reminded her).

At least this gave new insight to the interesting, if a bit anxious, young soldier behind her. Naive enough to believe in the great heroes and legends of their land, bold enough to try to follow their footsteps, and dedicated enough that he might actually get there. The knight showed promise. If he wasn't already under Alderon's command she would have tried to recruit him to Thromoni.

Jynn Venas - In his abode in the Mountains near Mystras

Jynn chuckled at Baxter's concerns with Bherna. "No, Baxter, she's my daughter, I adopted her. And Queen Shiva knows of her. Don't you worry." Shortly after answering, Rabiyu states that she has some requests to fill, to which Jynn understands. "You may finish your requests, but be careful not to draw attention." Then Yevgeni states his concerns about gaining more Intel from the Queen, while at the same time, is rearing to get started. Jynn holds up his hand. "Patience, Yevgeni. Remember, we need to stay low key and remain as inconspicuous as possible." Jynn turns towards a door to a mysterious room. "I will gain intel from the Queen. I shall return shortly." He then walks into the room and closes the door. It was dark, but for a reason. The large window in the room is facing the city of Mystras. Jynn then creates a large orb and begins to speak. "Mother, we have reached my outpost. I have a plan thought out, but I need your approval before I can initiate it."

(I'll introduce Bherna in next post)

Edited by Endless Thundaga

-Helios, somewhere beetween Alderon and Helvadoria with the Aeternum siblings-
Helios listened. So they were just partners for this one mission to get him out. "I see..." Helios murmured, looking down slightly as he felt his wrists. He would fully have to thank Henry and the siblings once Henry came to meet them. If he got out alive, that is. This would be the first human kindness he would experience after being locked up. "Well, Henry isn't too far off from that." Helios said as he looked up at the sky. He missed the blue shade of it. "I am a Fey. Well, a Spriggan Fey. My mother was a Spriggan and my father was a Fey. They should still be alive, living in their little cottage by the river. Anyways." Helios hummed. How to explain it well. "My kind are called Fey, and they are the majority species of my home. Fey vary in many ways, in shape, form, species, powers, all a mix with creatures such as Vampires and Minotaurs, except looking ever so human. There are three things that categorizes us as Feys which all Fey have; magic, immortality, and flight." Helios explained. Part of it was simply proud that he got to show off about his kind, in a good way. Besides, these humans were...nice so far. So knowing some information wouldn't hurt anyone. "Besides Fey, many other pure blooded creatures exist, Spriggans, Kelpies, Wendigos...and yes, Griffins. There are honestly so many, it is hard to be able to list them all from the top of my head. But yes, the world above where I come from, the Overworld, and my kind, are very much real." Helios pointed upwards. "You aren't able to see it. It is separated by a magic barrier created long before our own time. The only way to get to the Overworld, or from the Overworld to here, is through the Forbidden Shrine. That is how my friends and I got here." Helios pursed his lips. "In reality...we weren't allowed to even be here. No one was allowed to leave the Overworld, the Shrine guarded as it was. But my friends and I were curious and we wanted to see what this world had to offer...I didn't know that humankind would be so cruel." Helios said as he frowned. He stared at the siblings. "Your king is an @$$hole. He used Ariana and I like animals and experimented on us and his own men. My friend died for his ambition of creating a weapon. Now he plans to visit my world in hopes of finding more fuel for his horrid experiments."Helios hissed as he turned away. He was unable to contain his anger whenever he even thought about it.Even if he did went home, the punishment didn't scare him. It was the scorn of those he once called friends. What if he met with Ariana's family? What was he suppose to tell them? That she had died painfully while he somehow managed to survive? The guilt of that alone riddled Helios every single day. What had happened to Ren? Was he living alright? Was he alive at all? Or was he also punished for his very long immortal life? He should have died before Ariana, or not long after her, he insisted. Yet here he was, alive. There had to be a reason for it. Though he doubted that whichever reason would make up for the mistakes he had done. "You two and Henry have shown me the first kindness in a very long time. So...thank you." Helios' attention was then taken by something else. Birds, to be more specific. He whistled, extending his hand into the sky. His sharp whistle, through the magic within his blood, spoke words to them, and like that three of them flew to Helios. Two landed on each hand, as the third one made itself comfortable on his head. If he could be anything in an alternate universe, might as well be a Disney princess. "My powers are of shapeshifting. However I am limited to shapeshift into animals and creatures. I can speak with them too though." Helios cooed, the birds chirping at him words of all kinds to which he would listen and understand.

Aeternum Siblings - Somewhere between Alderon and Helvadoria with Helios
The Twins remained silent throughout Helios's speech, listening to everything he had to say. Needless to say that it was a fantastic, yet aggravating tale.
"We had our suspicions about the King," Aurion said, "And yet I dread to think what he has planned. An invasion to a whole different world, but for what reason?"
The older Aeternum kept looking behind him every so often, just in case someone were following.
"The man is no King of ours," he said flatly, "nor he is a benevolent ruler. The King is cunning and deceiving, and his intentions are mystery."
"To think he would sacrifice the lives of you and your friend just to create a weapon," Aura said with disgust, "it just shows what kind of man he is."
The younger sibling then looked at Helios and gave him a small smile, which was rare in itself since she hardly ever smiled nowadays.
"Isn't it amazing how a simple act of kindness can change one's opinion so easily?", Said Aura, "If more people were like that, there wouldn't be any need for fighting. That is wishful thinking, of course."
Aurion nodded in agreement before laughing a little.
"I would like to see this world of yours," he said, "It sounds like an interesting place Just look at you! You can shapeshift AND talk with animals. But I doubt we would be allowed to visit this Overworld, right? If the King plans to invade then that would be an act of aggression from the humans to the fey."

-Helios & the siblings, close to the city of Lyonne, Kingdom of Alderon-

(I think Lyonee would be a good location, since it's right in between Sodon & Avarice route wise)

Helios looked over at the siblings and then turned his attention back to the bird. He gently rubbed his thumb against the bird's head, receiving some welcoming chirping from it. "The Overworld isn't perfect. There are disputes, wars in between species, sin reigns within the hearts of its inhibitants just as it is unavoidable for everyone that thinks and breaths. In honesty, I think that war is unavoidable. We are so different, that there are bound to be discrimination between each other even if there is an attempt at peace and cooperation in between the two...we should have never came here in the first place." Helios sighed. He looked down as the bird chirped at him, gently rubbing its head against Helios' cheek before Helios sent him off on its merry way. It was such a complicated relation. There were chances for peace. They could help each other in many ways. But then again, there was also evil existing on both planes. Evil that if mixed, could end up causing more chaos than good. Regardless, they had done what they had done. They had crossed to this world, allowed themselves to be known, and now they had to deal with the consequences that would come of it. Whether it be good, or bad. If only he knew how much it would end up rocking both worlds to their core, for the King wasn't the only evil waiting for its chance at advancement. Even as the twins, these humans, were kind to him, his own actions boggled his mind. It bothered him. It made him question. Was it right to befriend this kind, that had shown his no mercy? He needed to remember that they weren't all the same, just as Feys weren't all the same. It was hard, but he would have to. "Maybe if things don't turn out that badly, I can bring you there. I'll give you a tour. Anyways...the birds said that there is a city this way." Helios added as he walked over, pushing some bushes away from his path as he walked in deeper. Eventually they were able to see the city from the hill that they stood on among the bushes and trees. The city of Lyonne. "There is it. We should be able to find a map or something to guide ourselves better to Avarice. Or food if hunger strikes." Helios said as he stepped forward and easily slid down the hill. He wore no shoes, allowing his feet to get scrapped with pebbles and mud, even though it didn't bother him. He hated those anyways.

Edited by Stardustblade358

- Rufus Contralto, currently slipping amongst Rabiyu's "fellows" -

"Ah, I see," said Rufus, bobbing his head in understanding as he shrunk in size.  "Just fellows in tow, or you are towing these fellows.  Either way antiquating is not too deep a factor.  I am pleased to meet everyone nonetheless!  I would steer clear of that other one, though.  Not sure about it, but he seems vaguely familiar," he finished off in a hushed whisper, pointing at Yevgeni.

Rabiyu soon excused herself, and Rufus was left alone, surveying the many scenes and interactions of everyone while he still had the time.  It still excited him that he was out of his prison, and with a band of adventurers once more, even if little more than a trailing vagabond himself.  He still had no knowledge of the terrain and less than an inkling of the politics of this region, and every little bit helped him understand everyone and everything a little better.  Thank goodness everybody spoke English for some reason or another.

Midnea - On the Phoenix ship - Kingdom of Sondon

Meanwhile Midnea & her strange following red knight had made their way to the captain's quarters near the stern of the ship. "It's all coming along well, both sides will soon fight fulled by hatred & misunderstanding. Along with a little betrayal... it'll all just fall." said Midnea as she & the red knight then reached the door to the captain's qarters, only to stop at the opened door standing face to face with Raleigh. "Oh, it's you again assassin. What were you doing there?" asked Midnea with narrowed eyes.

- Raleigh Marin, currently blockaded by Midnea at the captain's quarters -

Raleigh blinked in surprise when she accidentally confronted Midnea at the door, for better or for worse, but as luck would have it she had a snarky response to toss back at the witch advisor.

"Who, me?  I'm the captain, so I should ask what you are doing here!"  She gave a wild and mischievous grin and crossed her arms.  "I've got a head count now and an abundant wealth of exorbitant knowledge, so I am returning to my supervisory duties.  I take it you had everything well covered with that sudden bump against the ship and everybody screaming in brief and sudden panic?"

--Yevgeni Malachite -- Residing in Jynn's home in the mountain of Mystras--

The blond was preparing to respond to Alicia and Rabiyu when Jynn arrived, advocating patience and discretion.  With a huff Yevgeni crossed his arms.  "Oh, yes, sure.  I will just sit here in the corner, then, eating bon-bons and wearing slippers while throwing together a slumber party in this very fine, eh, did you call this a house?"

Of course he was being sarcastic.  No one could expect any less from the elf.  After Jynn had disappeared he'd returned his attention to the two ladies, leaning against a wall casually.  "While I understand that you will not be held accountable for disobeying the Prince, Elliltari,  Alicia and I may not be so lucky, as we belong to Queen Shiva's court, and our duties were to serve."  A slight smirk crossed his face as amusement danced in his eyes.  "I however am not here on the order of the queen, or even the prince for that matter.  I came of my own volition, and as such I may leave whenever I please.  Goodness knows that Prince Jynn won't miss my company.

"So it is all up to you, young one"--Yev's emerald eyes danced over to Alicia, studying her carefully before straightening, revealing his true height, which was at least six feet--"do you dare join us, for the greater good of your kingdom, or do you wish to stay obedient to His Highness and wait here, for whenever he is ready to finally pick up his band and move on?  I know these mountains; I assure you that I can get us safely to Mystras and avoid danger."

Of course Yev was proposing himself as leader; that was all that he knew how to properly do.  It always pained him to watch in the sidelines, and if he were about to wander off with a trio, well, he'd certainly prefer to be the head of it.

(Cookies for whomever catches the slippers and bon-bons reference! :D)

--Elia Cabret--Within the showers of Jynn's home--

Ah, did the piping hot water feel good on her aching muscles!  Steam filled the room as Elia hummed to herself, allowing the hot water to melt away her stress and battle wounds.  While she was a healer she couldn't ever match up to what a good old fashioned shower could do.

Finally she turned off the tap and shivered, the air suddenly feeling cold and goosebumps rising on her pale flesh.  She wrapped herself in a warm fluffy robe as she listened intently to the voices outside, though she was unable to make out any form of conversation.  A part of her, then, wondered at her foolishness of volunteering on this mission.  She wanted to prove herself, but at what cost?  She was unprepared to face the dangers that lay ahead, and she'd gotten to thinking of her unworthiness a lot after Yevgeni's words.  That he was meant to be listened to, but still.

With a solemn heart the raven-haired fey made her way down the hall and into one of the rooms.  She didn't feel much like socializing with the others anymore, or at least not without a good amount of thinking.

--Queen Shiva-- Kilkis Seres gates with her companions--

A somber expression crossed the face of the queen as she listened intently to Eclaire's story.  The young woman had walked a path of pain and a desperation for redemption; what a miserable existence.  "Walking such a path will only lead to future torture, Eclaire," Shiva responded, still leading the way back to Kilkis Seres.  "Because no matter how much good you do in the world you will always be blinded with your regret.  You won't ever be able to feel you made up for what you've done.  If there is one thing I have learned it is that you can never alter the course of events.  What you have done will always remain, but who you can become now is up to you.  Forgiveness may not come easily into the hearts you've torn, but I can assure you that you can become a great person if you set your mind to it."

Meanwhile, to her left she heard excited whispers about getting polished.  A short laugh escaped Shiva as she turned her head, smiling at her suit of guardian armor.  "Yes, Maxis, yes; you will receive the entire royal treatment when we get home.  You'll look as ravishing as ever, though I apologize in advance if many of the ladies still won't turn their heads to you.  They are not very used to possessed armor, even for a kingdom full of fey."

They advanced upon Kilkis Seres, the palace's rich green turrets looming into view.  The thick wall surrounding the kingdom was only a 1/4 mile away, the gate guarded by two fey holding spheres.  As they proceeded, however, an orb seemingly filled with water floated in front of them, and from within Prince Jynn's voice could be heard, albeit muffled and slightly distorted.  "That is very good.  Thank you for reaching out on your progress.  What plan do you have that could be so terrible that you would require my approval, my boy?"  Her voice was filled with warmth and laughter; it was apparent that she very much adored her son. 

--Curvis Sourati and Alderon Niles -- grand departure of the Phoenix--

Relief flooded Curvis as Manel was easily convinced, rushing back to the Phoenix as quickly as she could.  Curvis was mildly impressed that she was able to run so quickly in a dress like that; he knew that he certainly couldn't if dressed in such attire, but now his mind was getting away from him.  It was time to return before it was too late.

They seemed to rush into oncoming traffic, as guards filtered into the castle while they tried to emerge from within it.  Manel had managed to beat him to the docks, where the engine of the Phoenix had already roared to life.  A kind elderly gent offered a hand to Lady Manel to help her aboard, and barely offering a nod in the direction of Curvis.  The boy hardly cared, however; he was simply happy that he had returned in time.  He dashed over the ramp and onto the deck, grinning from ear to ear at every surrounding companion.  He'd made it; they had made it.  They were going to see the new world at long last.

A strange sound could be heard from within the heart of the ship itself, something akin to the groaning of metal and a very loud vibration.  In a few moments the ship began to rise from the ground a few feet, before moving forward and rising entirely.  Excitement filled Curvis' eyes as he watched the people below shrink ever so small as they ascended, the air whipping through his hair and roaring in his ears.  Alderon meanwhile, however, was starting to feel the edge of motion sickness, to which he took a seat alongside the captain of the ship and buried his face in his hand.  This voyage was going to be too long for his tastes.

"You have the coordinates for our location, I trust?  I provided them to you on a charted scroll, but I also have backups below deck should you have managed to misplace them," he murmured, his face an ashen gray.

(Also, I'm curious: when Raleigh mentioned that she's the captain, does that make her the captain of the airship?  If so, Vaude, please feel free to be having her pilot the airship, and we can either make the Midnea/Raleigh conversations commence before Alderon speaks to her, or I can edit my post).

Rabiyu - Inside Jynn's abode
Rabiyu was amused to some extent. She did noticed Yevgeni's words and what they were implying. She knew about him from a long time ago, and he was a good leader, far more than the average fey at least.
"Afraid is the Lady of Ice to harm another," Rabiyu said, "even more when that another is the subject of a ruler whose power is greater than hers. The consequences would be...severe. I doubt she would like another war on her hands."
The Elf turned around and shook her head.
"Should we take the chance and split from the Prince's group, Alicia?" she said without looking at the girl, "It is your choice, and as such, you will have to live with its consequences."
Without waiting for the response Rabiyu walked towards another of her companions.
"Master Contralto?" Rabiyu said, trying to get the djinni's attention. "I must excuse myself. It appears that I will be leaving the Prince's side for now. I'm afraid that we cannot wait further orders from the Queen. We must investigate this as quickly as possible."
Rabiyu bowed slightly as a form of apology.
"You could keep traveling with the Prince's group, if you so desired," she said, "or you could come with us. That would mean breaking the Queen's rules, and the Prince's to some extent. I noticed that you may not feel comfortable being around Lord Yevgeni, and I wouldn't want to put you through that. You just regained your freedom after all. Whatever your choice is, I will respect it."
The High Elf did notice Rufus's behavior around Yevgeni, and that was something Rabiyu took into consideration.

Aeternum Siblings - Close to the city of Lyonne, Kingdom of Alderon
"Hey, wait up!"
Aura yelled before following Helios. Aurion meanwhile was thinking about Helios's words. It seemed that both the wold above and their own world weren't that different. War was inavitable, he knew that, but he wished to know the consequences that were coming to both worlds.
"Dark times are coming."
The older sibling then noticed that both his sister and their friend were gone.
"Hey! Wait for me!"
Time was of the essence, but surely they could take a small break before reasuming their way towards Avarice,

Eclaire - gates of Kilkis Seres

If I put my mind to it? hadn't she been doing that? To become a master of the sword, she put her mind to it. To master her spear, she put her mind to it. And to master the arcane arts she had put her mind to it...what else could she do?

But even in that, Shiva was right. Wallowing forever in regret and letting it guide her to atonement...it wouldn't work...it hadn't wored all these years. She failed time and time again, tore apart lives...regret would never wipe those red stains clean. She didn't answer Shiva, mostly because the watery orb appeared, Eclaire hearing the laughter and adoration...things she had never had. Things she yearned for.

Eclaire just kept her attention on the sides of the road, letting Shiva lead, as it should be.

Rhaedyn Thane - Gladeus

The eventful first day for Thane led to a day of equal excitement. The bounties listed for mercenaries and wandering sells words were filled with talks of bandits and beasts, creatures who terrorized the surrounding areas. He took a couple and turned, heading out of town to go forth and do what he did best.

Dispense justice with an iron fist.

Jynn Venas - his home in the Mountains near Mystras

Jynn listens to his mother's question as to why he feels that he needs to ask for his mother's approval. She was right, Jynn was always smart with his approaches. And very soon, he will have to make his own choices as King of Kilkes Seres, and this little group is a good start for him to do so. And he knows very well what needs to be avoided in this mission. After all, there is a reason she chose him to take care of this mission. "You're right.... There's no danger in my plan whatsoever. But, if I need any help, I'll let you know." Before he could leave, he wanted to take the time to say something he hardly ever gets the chance to say to her (because of his schedule). "I love you, mother." The small orb the diminishes. He then faces the door and exits the room.

As he closes the door, he notices Yevgeni, Rabiyu, and Alicia huddled together talking about something, causing Jynn to be slightly suspicious.

Bherna Lao - Jynn's home in Mountains near Mystras

Bherna wakes up from bed and hears something outside. Curious, she gets up and gets dressed. As she runs outside, she notices the sound was coming from Aqua's staff. Bherna slowly passes through the door and closes it quietly. She watches Aqua's spells with awe. It has been a while since she met someone who had magical powers other than her father. She slowly walks up behind Aqua. Bherna then becomes very curious as to who was performing this magical display. "Wow.... Who are you?"

(*Wink, wink*, Unversed, xD)

Edited by Endless Thundaga

- Alicia - The Grimoire Wielder - Jynn's home -

Alicia stood silent as Yevgeni commented about the plan and the possible consequences that might befall to them if they disobey the queen's orders. Even though she didn't like Yevgeni's guts, nor the way he spoke. she stood with a serious and calm expression on her face, the man certainly had a certain leader-ish vibe to him, if your leader was an ass anyway. 

"Consequences? Im a wanderer, a drifter. I've been called by Shiva to help with the investigation, be it with Jynn or not. I will carry it out, and the sonner we get there, the better." Alicia spoke with a frown. "I am not even from Kilkis Seres, In fact I don't know why Lady Shiva called me...but Alas." She adjusted her book in her hand, placing it in her belt as it stuck to it. And looking at Rabiyu and then at Yevgeni.

"Lets take the chance, the sooner we find out whats going on, or whats going to happen in the temple, the better. Even if we are punished for it." Alicia spoke, setting her intentions clear.

- Alastor - Outside of Raiden's study - (forgot where).

Alastor had a good time walking from the Flowering hyssop to there, it was a pleasantly quiet and relaxing walk, specially after having free drinks and a job well done. He would have stayed more at that bar, but it was time to report back to Raiden eventualy, and this was the perfect time.

Alastor, pridefuly walked over to Raiden's abode, with a loud creek of the door, Alastor looked around for Raiden. "Raiden, I have a report, I took care of the spy problem." Alastor spoke, wheter or not Raiden was there, or was going to approach him was unknown to him. 

- Draksis - Onboard the phoenix -

"Aye... a mythical creature only spoken of in ancient myths and tales." Draksis explained about the Griffin to Arthur. "Could have at least held back, didn't need to tear a good chunk of the ship out...then again...the fey that turned into it was probably pretty angry at us." Draksis spoke with a frown and afterwards, a sigh. 

"If thats what awaits us once we reach this other worlds...then why are we only bringing nine people? myself and you cannot protect everyone in this ship, much less ourselves if the threats we'l face will be magical." Draksis spoke as he stood silent, clearly in thought. As the ship began its ascent.

-Arthur, at the ship-
Arthur looked up at Draksis. He thought about the fey. The outburst, the way it spat insults and hisses all throughout the dinner...the fit he put up to which he had to be retrained of. Yeah. Angry could be it. "I think I would be angry too." Arthur murmured. He felt the ship move, beginning its ascension. Arthur didn't hesitate, running to the nearest railing to look downwards as the ship took sail into the sky. It felt something like that of a dream. It brought both excitement and worry to him. If that creature came from that world, what else could they expect from such a place? Would they eveb be able to return alive, let alone with any limbs remaining? He hoped so. Draksis has a point. Even with his expertise Draksis couldn't protect them. Arthur wasn't sure that he could protect himself from something dangerous either! Sure, knight training provided lots of ways to defend one self, but against other humans and wild beasts...not mythical beings and shape shifting creatures. But, well, they would have to se how it went! He felt like a small child in a carnival, ever so hyper and amazed by anything that came after. He expanded his arms to his sides, closing his eyes for a moment as he felt the strong surge of wind against his skin. "I'm flying...wow."  

-Helios, with the siblings, at the city entrance-
Helios took a few steps forward into the entrance of the city. As expected, it was crowded. People walking back and forth, some on carriages and horses, others with their families. The streets lined up with vendors here and there, selling from handmade wares to fruits and other stuff. For a moment Helios felt exposed. He had been locked up for such a long time. He felt as if everyone would turn their eyes to look at him. A piece of coal among diamonds, or a rotten apple among an orchard. He felt as if everyone knew who he was, and would simply point it out. His hands unconsciously moved across his arms, pulling on his clothing to hide his scars from sight. He looked human. He acted human. No one knew better. "I forgot it could get so...crowded in the market." Helios huffed, looking over at the siblings. He had to keep his cool. But it was a tad bit hard to. At this point he only had trust in three people, and one of them could be dead for all he knew. The chatter of people, the sound of metal clinging across the stalls, the laughter of children running around. It was lukewarm. He wanted to trust it, but knew that last time he did so blindly he ended up being experimented on. "Right. We don't have time to waste. There should be a map somewhere..." Helios said, mostly to himself to keep himself focused, as hard as it was. The world below attracted him years ago, and even now when he was afraid of it, he was still mesmerized by it. Especially after only knowing four walls for so long. He decided to stick close to the siblings. If he got lost, oh boy. His anxiety would be the least of his problems. "I never asked, what do you two did for a living, before rescuing me?"

--Everyth -- inside the prisons--

It seemed that Henry wouldn't get his way after all, or at least that is what she'd presumed.  Shortly after Effie arrived other guards began to infiltrate the prisons, sentencing Henry to nearly certain doom.  The sorceress stepped closer to Henry, her expression serious and yet saddened simultaneously.  "You seem like a good person, I will admit," Everyth said bitterly.  "Who knows, perhaps if the circumstances were different we would even be good friends.  But as you said yourself, you have chosen your side, and I have mine, and thus we are destined to be on the opposite ends of the battlefield, even if the same fey blood runs through our veins.  One day you will see that my side was right, but it will probably be too late for you to rectify your choices."

At this the raven-haired woman spun on heel, clapping her hands together as the black knights entered.  "You're just in time, gentlemen.  Seize this man, and might I recommend locking him away in Helios' prison cell while our favorite fey is absent, courtesy of said man.  I don't believe that you'd ever planned to take Helios' place, did you, Henry?"

The guards began their slow advance, though hesitated upon Effie's words.  "M--magic?" one muttered, the spear in his hand shaking.  "Lord Draksis has not prepared us to take on magical folk.  Does a demon possess thou?"

While a few soldiers remained apprehensive, others were braver yet, and continued to approach the traitor, swords extended before them.

--Shiva -- Kilkis Seres--

A soft smile crossed Shiva's pallid lips upon the words of her son, the orb in her palms fading and disintegrating into shimmering sapphire crystal fragments.  "I love you, too, my son.  Please be safe," she murmured, though she knew that it was very unlikely that he could hear her after their connection was severed.  She turned back to face her companions, both remaining silent and awaiting the queen's direction.  "We have much to prepare for, and so very much left to discuss, but I am sure that you both are in need of some rejuvenating, so I will hold my long, laborious discussion for later."

They arrived at the gates moments later, where the two male fey standing guard saluted them.  "Your Royal Highness," they acknowledged, before rising the gate and permitting their entry.  Shiva merely nodded politely before gesturing for Eclaire and Maxis to enter the kingdom.

"Behold: the kingdom of Kilkis Seres.  I do not know if you have ever been here before, Eclaire, but I want you to make yourself at home and feel comfortable here.  You are welcome to receive a room for yourself in the palace while we make arrangements on your position.  Maxis, I am sure that you are familiar with the castle, but I will alert my butler to give you fine accommodations.  Let us go, relax and recoup, and then we will convene and discuss much of what is happening here in the Overworld."

(I will wait to post for others since I don't want anyone to fall too far behind and wish to allow everyone to get caught up first.)

- Henry - The Dreadnaught - Inside the prisons -

Henry remained calm as Effie and Everyth clearly opposed him, keeping his cool as he also noticed the black guards coming from both ways out of the prison cells...it was...not much trouble really, because one, the hallways of the prison area were narrow, only able to fit two individuals. He'd wager things were in his favor actualy.

He smirked as he glanced at Effie for a second. "Did the king really tell you that me...and everyone else was in 'special' training? yeah right, if you can call getting constantly injected by a magical being's blood and having to survive the side effects it does to your body can be called training. I was the only one out of ten to survive, and Everyth had clearly been part of another experiment, open your eyes, things are happening without you knowing..." Henry explained to Effie as he turned himself towards one of the exits, where soldiers were flooding in from.

"Oh yeah right, the princess rulling will give me a trial, even if its a fair one when her dear father returns its back to the chopping block for me, i'l be torn apart to further magical advances..." As Henry spoke, he began smiling a bit more as darkened rocks began covering his neck and reaching his cheeks, covering pretty much his whole body and armor. "Im having none of it..." Henry muttered as he held his right hand up closed in a fist, sheating his sword with the left one he held his hand as clear power could be felt charging on it. 

Henry reacted to one of the Soldier's hesitant question. "You.Tell.Me" Henry spoke as he quickly stomped behind him, with his back turned towards Everyth and Effie, he created a wall of rocks behind him, blocking the narrow hallway, in order to slow them down

As he then quickly slammed his now charged fist, which was now pulsating with darkness and earth magic into the ground in front of him. Sending out a powerful dark shockwave through the floor, knocking multiple soldiers on their ass, but not hurting them. Henry could have full well hurt, or even killed them, but he chose not to. 

Taking the opportunity that the soldiers were stunned, and the rock armor didn't pose a lot of weight on him, yet. He dashed forward and began running, quickly getting into a full blown sprint, pushing past any recovering soldier out of the way with enough force to throw a bull off its charge. One guy got thrown so hard against a wall the wall broke a bit behind him.

Eclaire - Kilkis Seres w/ Shiva and Maxis

That was far easier said than done. The idea of making herself comfortable, of being at home....it wasn't something she was good at, with large crowds. But the castle....probably it would be okay. She took a breath and stepped closer to Shiva. "...a room in the castle will be fine. If able, somewhere high...the farther I am away, the easier I can acclimate." She said. "...and I am hungry, your highness....so the recuperation would be fantastic."

-Aeternum Siblings, at the city entrance-
Aura was waiting behind Helios, she noticed that the boy was a little tense, but didn't said anything.
"Anything," Aura answered, "We are mercenaries. People hire us and we take care of their problems."
Aurion nodded while looking around.
"It mostly involves fighting. Sometimes we take care of caravans or people traveling through dangerous roads"
It was true. That had been their lives for a few years now. What happened before that was a mystery the siblings never told anyone, their past was theirs alone.
"The map must be around the town square, right in the middle of town," Aurio said, "Let's keep moving. Maybe we can get something to eat while we are here."
The older sibling found the way towards the center of the town and began to walk. The younger sibling looked at Helios and poked his forehead.
"Come on Hel, let's get going," She then turned around to follow her brother, "You seem anxious. Stay close to us, if that makes you feel safer.
Aura was looking around the town, it had been a long time since the last time they had come and it had changed.
"Not to pry or anything," she said, "but what did you do before you...you know...came down here?"

-Helios & the siblings, in Lyonee-

Helios took the offer a bit too eagerly, nudging himself as close to the siblings as he could, as if just being around them would make him invisible. He was eager to answer the questions, though. "...I was free." Helios began. Then he realized his statement was a bit too vague, despite that being how he called it. "Well. For most of the time, I traveled, actually. I traveled all over the Overworld. Discovering creatures, beings, plants, wildlife. I would live among them, gain their trust and friendship, and move on to discover more. At times I would pass by villages or towns that might have encountered problems with local creatures or animals and help them out. One time one part of a town was suffering mischief and missing tools. Though the children were originally blamed it turns out that they were living nearby a Gremlin settlement. Gremlins love to mess around with mechanical items, and so when the people slept they would get in and steal tools they would find interesting. Thankfully instead of going into war a compromised was made to have two of each new tool brought into the houses so the Gremlins could take one and leave the other. They have been living in harmony for years last time I saw them...hopefully the peace between them still remains." Helios said, sounding almost nostalgic. "I never did have a specific job, honestly. I just...decided to live among other beings and learn about them. I began to write about them as I learned. Their stories, their traditions, even the smaller things I learned from living among them. My book should still be home...if my parents didn't burn it or threw it away." Helios whined. Were his parents alright? Had they given up on him completely or still wondered if he was ok?  "I had explored so many places in the Overworld, my curiosity to explore this world was one of the reasons I came down here with my friends...maybe after this whole situation with King Alderon is resolved...I can finally explore this world in peace as I had originally planned. This world, as cruel as Alderon and his people been to me, is simply too beautiful to ignore." Helios admitted. There were species here not found in the Overworld, after all. More normal species, like that of birds and cattle that he was more than delighted to learn about. Soon they arrived in the town square, ever so lively as it always was. Right in the middle, in front of the statue that decorated it, stood a large map of the entire continent. Made out of wood, masterfully carved and painted, stood proudly to be watched and explored by anyone with curious eyes. Helios quickly hurried over to the map, his footsteps barely making a sound as he seemed to simply leap at it and land in front of it. He hummed, looking around the map. "We're in...Lyonee." Helios murmured as he pointed down on the dot of the map, colored differently to show its people where they were had they forgotten. He hummed, looking over as he pointed over at their destination. "Here. This is our destination, is it not?" Helios said as he pointed at Avarice. "We're right in between. Just have to fly out North-West and we should be there in a few hours, maybe less." Helios said rather happily. Suddenly, the most amazing creature caught his eye. He had never seen anything like it. It stood on top of the map, simply rubbing its paws against its head. It had huge beady eyes, and a curled up fluffy tail. Whatever it was, he had never seen it in the Overworld. It was too small. Too fragile for such a strong and powerful environment. He didn't hesitate, picking it up gently in his hands and looking down at it as if he had found a pot of gold. "It's so tiny." Helios gasped, looking at the siblings with amazed eyes. "You must tell me the name of this creature. It smells like hazelnut and dirt. It is so fragile yet its teeth are so strong." Helios insisted, already inspecting the creature as he gently opened its mouth to look at its two powerful teeth. The word he was looking for was Squirrel. Whether it actually did exist in the Overworld was beyond him. But he had never seen it, and much like a child inside a toy store, the being caught his attention ever so childishly. He had already decided that he might end up keeping it.

- The Infiltrator, currently within a cavern underneath the isle of Isopolis -

The infiltrator stopped short of his rushing pace a good distance from the tumbling, shadowy guard, grey eyes shining with amusement and interest if one could see through the eyelets of his mask.  This was no normal individual, and his previously perfect attempt of subterfuge had come to an end.  He looked at the man for a few seconds of analysis, watching the haze of darkness slip off Soran's presence, listening to Soran's deep intonations, before he too spoke.

"I must say it is not common or customary for an interloper to admit himself, but for you I will make an exception.  I am here today to open the Aegis and instill a new era of coexistence with those that dwell beneath us, and I intend to complete it along with my associates in total."  The masked man hovered slowly down to the ground, conserving energy should things get a little less friendly, and looked up at the ceiling.  "A little truth deserves another.  Are there any other acrobats up there merging with the shadows, or is it just you?"

((I'll post for Rufus sometime later; I'm having a bit of a brain fart regarding him at the present.))

- Soran Monroe, Isle of Isopolis: Cavern -

The man who did not belong did not seem all too fazed to be met with Soran diving from above, neither was he particularly opposed to revealing his intentions, a pleasant surprise for the Sentinel. This Infiltrator wished to access the deepest reaches of this forbidden land and reach the fabled Aegis, to "instill a new era of coexistence with those that dwell beneath us", suggesting that not only was this another Overworlder, but their ideals seemed...similar to his own. Soran scoffed in surprise at this, then he looked to the ceiling at the behest of his guest. "There is but one guard for the Shrine and he stands before you. No others dwell above us, I can assure you." He uttered and looked back at The Infiltrator, a small smirk extended across his face.

"You and I, we share a certain prospect of unification and coexistence...how you wish to go about it however, I am forbidden to allow, by decree of Queen Shiva." Soran stated sternly, though he was having to keep any halfheartedness at bay, for he was not exactly the greatest fan of the Queen, he was merely employed for his skill and power, the latter of which began to manifest as small wisps of hell's deepest flames around his hands. "A personal request: I ask that you prove your strength to me, then we shall see how things pan out from here..." He challenged the interloper, his stance one of readiness and invitation to combat.

Typhon - The Last Cyph - Somewhere in the forests near Mystras -

As night came, so came the silence of the night in a forest, as the only noises that could be heard were the chirping of woodland insects and the crackling of a campfire's wood being burnt and being throw into it to use as timber. Sitting near the fireplace, was one individual, only one. Carving what seemed to be a wooden doll from a small piece of wood, his carving tool was...an armblade, in truth this was no fey, or any other common specie, it was Typhon, arguably, the last remaining Cyph to walk the Overworld, he stood, sitting on the ground near the campfire, carving a small doll out of boredom. Talking to himself...or perhaps talking to his bugs.

One beetle crawled around his arm and into his hand, it cutely looked at him and chirped, it was no normal beetle, it was a working beetle, mutated by feeding on Typhon's nutrients below his exoskeleton's exterior. "What is it?" The Cyph asked the little beetle as its simply chirped back at him. With a sigh Typhon replied. "The moment I saw that pegasus flying through the air, I knew something was up...I thought i'd check it out...im curious..." Typhon explained to the beetle, as a disappointed chirp was its only reply, "Alright. I am also bored, i've been carving these wooden dolls for years now out of the need for a hobby. I need something to do..." Typhon admitted. As the beetle crawled back to where it resided in Typhon's body...

He's been tracking them ever since he saw their flying animal flying deep within the forest, he quickly came up to a clearing with many dead ogres, they clearly came here for something, he's been out of sight and unnoticed as of yet, his aura couldn't be felt anyway, he had no magic. 

His thoughts were interrupted by some noise in the bushes, movement...multiple people...possibly hostiles... "Bandits..." Typhon muttered to himself, all Bandits smelled the same, dirt, sweat...and alcohol...

Quickly getting up and...silently walking to the nearest tree as his chameleon ability did the rest, he waited for the bandits to arrive at his camp, as he was well hidden, in literaly plain sight.

Edited by Scrapmaster