Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Awesome Sauce

Sonic 25th Anniversary party discussion

Heya.

Thought I'd make a topic regarding today's upcoming announcements related to Sonic. If there's a similar topic let me know.

Here we can talk about or speculate about the anniversary party being held next to Comic-Con, which will also be livestreamed today. It starts at 6am Pacific.

What do you think will happen?

EDIT: 6pm Pacific. Also, here's a link to the stream:https://www.twitch.tv/sonicofficial

Edited by Awesome Sauce

Either Sonic Generations 2 or Sonic Adventure 3. They really need to play it safe because Sonic is on a lifeline right now.

Oh dear lord the stream chat is a MESS, I can't even read what people said more than a minute ago with all of the scrolling and new comments added. xP

Otherwise I'm excited for the event itself. Aaron stopped by in the chat to interact with fans for a bit, possibly giving some enlightenment to some hints...which are still cryptic as hell but all will be revealed on the show anyway so it's not worth dwelling over.

I have a question though. For those who are hoping that the new game will be Sonic Adventure 3, just what exactly would make it "Sonic Adventure 3" for you as opposed to any other random new Sonic title? Cause everyone keeps saying SA3 as if we're all supposed to agree on what that would be, when to me any good Sonic game by any name may as well be an "SA3" in spirit.

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

Oh dear lord the stream chat is a MESS, I can't even read what people said more than a minute ago with all of the scrolling and new comments added. xP

Otherwise I'm excited for the event itself. Aaron stopped by in the chat to interact with fans for a bit, possibly giving some enlightenment to some hints...which are still cryptic as hell but all will be revealed on the show anyway so it's not worth dwelling over.

What were those cryptic enlightenments?

What were those cryptic enlightenments?

Well somewhere in some past social media post picked up on a latin term that basically translates to "Thus Always to Tyrants", which when you look it up on youtube (as Aaron instructed) you would find a song by The Oh Hellos, and the lyrics are as follows:

Let me die, let me drown, lay my bones in the ground I will still come around when the time for sleep is through Over hill, over dale, through the valley and vale Do not weep, do not wail, I am coming home to you Every tomb, every sea, spit the bones from your teeth Let the ransomed be free as the revel meets the day Let the valleys awake, let them rattle and shake In the wind that remakes all that time has worn away To and fro, I will not follow Where you go, I will not also I will look for you as the sun rises higher When the dry bones dance with the timbrel and lyre There's a wind alive in the valley It will fill your lungs, if you'll have it Where I go, will you still follow? Will you leave your shaded hollow? Will you greet the daylight looming, Learn to love without consuming?

The one line about "the wind" and "remakes" seemed to catch a few people's eye, including my own. Knowing how Kingdom Hearts 3D had a similar tease about the HD ReMIXes, there is a decent chance that they might be hinting at making a HD remake of at least one or a few classic Sonic games...but it's a bit soon for me to say that with certainty. Everything Sega has said so far would suggest that this is entirely new, but who knows? For all I know it could be a remake of Sonic 2006, what with that being the first game Sonic is equated to "the wind" and a "remake" could fix a lot of the problems it used to have. But that's just wishful thinking.

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

If the new game is SA3 it would have to do a lot to meet the high standards some fans have for the series, and in general not be considered a dissapointment. I'm not sure if they could pull it off.

.... You're kiddingIt's 3 pm in America??But it's 11pm here! The time difference is never that big!

It's 6:31 P.M. in EST and it will be 6 PM Pacific in 2 and half hours from now.

In Dominican Republic it's gonna be at either 8pm or 9pm. So I don't know why your time zone has such a big difference.

.... You're kiddingIt's 3 pm in America??But it's 11pm here! The time difference is never that big!