Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

Are you excited for Sonic Mania and the new Sonic 2017 game?

Are you excited for Sonic Mania and the new Sonic 2017 game?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited for Sonic Mania and the new Sonic 2017 game?

• I'm excited for both games
    • I'm excited for only Sonic Mania
    • I'm excited for only the Sonic 2017 game
    • I don't care about either games
    • Another option? Tell us below!

Well. If it's anything like how Sonic's track record has been lately. I'm not excited at all. BUT. There is a but in this. If it is anything like Generations, I'll bite.

Nah, sonic died a long time ago.

Posted Image

People moan that COD should die out but are completely content with Sonic and his awful games.

Sonic unleashed, Sonic and the Black Knights, Sonic and the secret rings, Sonic 06, Sonic riders were all horrible. This franchise just needs to go away.

Why don't Sega be a little more innovaitive and create a new franchise?  I'd be more interested in that than a new sonic game.

Edited by Shinobi Waffles

Heck yeah! SEGA promised not too long ago to deliver quality content to let people trust them again, and it seems like they're sticking to their word. I'll be with the Sonic series till the very end!

I'm curious about both titles. Mania isn't something I'd normally play (I'm not really good at the older Sonic games and there's better 2D platformers out there). Project 2017 on the other hand has both Classic & Modern Sonic in it and the team behind it have a good track record (both Colours & Generations were good games).

I'll see how I feel later on. Mania definitely looks right on track and if Project 2017 has good gameplay then it'll be hard to skip it.

I'm hopefully excited for both games, but I do worry that they could end up bad in the end like a lot of Sonic games. I mean I want nothing more than to love Sonic games but recently, Sonic games haven't been what I wanted to play because I haven't felt good playing them. I hope these games end up good, because Sonic needs more of those good games than he does the ones no one is going to want to play. But also, I am more excited over the new 3Dish game because of how it has Classic Sonic back, which means that I finally have more of an excuse to myself to finally play Generations, since I didn't have the money for it before and didn't know if I should try to play it or not.

People moan that COD should die out but are completely content with Sonic and his awful games.

Sonic unleashed, Sonic and the Black Knights, Sonic and the secret rings, Sonic 06, Sonic riders were all horrible. This franchise just needs to go away.

Why don't Sega be a little more innovaitive and create a new franchise?  I'd be more interested in that than a new sonic game.

Bruh, have you played Colors or Generations? Both games are pretty great and came out after all the games you mentioned. Yes, Sonic Boom sucked, but that wasn't Sonic Team (and I've never played Lost World so I can't comment). Sonic Mania at least looks like a cool throwback game and Sonic 2017 has a good pedigree behind it. Sonic ain't dead.

Also side note, I personally don't want CoD to die out at all. I don't want any game franchise to ever die out, I want there to be as many games as possible for gamers to play and devs to enjoy working on. I wish CoD were better, sure, but I don't want it gone. Why would someone be so selfish and petty to wish games would stop being made entirely?

Bruh, have you played Colors or Generations? Both games are pretty great and came out after all the games you mentioned. Yes, Sonic Boom sucked, but that wasn't Sonic Team (and I've never played Lost World so I can't comment). Sonic Mania at least looks like a cool throwback game and Sonic 2017 has a good pedigree behind it. Sonic ain't dead. Also side note, I personally don't want CoD to die out at all. I don't want any game franchise to ever die out, I want there to be as many games as possible for gamers to play and devs to enjoy working on. I wish CoD were better, sure, but I don't want it gone. Why would someone be so selfish and petty to wish games would stop being made entirely?

^Because it kills creativity by rehashing the same franchise and Sega could benefit more from a new IP

Sega doesn't know how to market anything that isn't Sonic. It's embarrassing really because franchises like Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza are amazing in a way that only Sega makes them, but because they're not marketed as heavily as Sonic: they don't get as much attention...

Edited by Guest

inb4SammytheClassicSonicFanbashingfansfornotlikingthis

My love for Sonic games died a long time ago, so I'm really not that interested :/

Hoping that it's not gonna be another flop, like several other Sonic games before xD

^Because it kills creativity by rehashing the same franchise and Sega could benefit more from a new IP

Except for those games that were recently very creative and received a lot of critical and fan praise. Sonic is their flagship franchise, of course they're going to keep making them. Would you expect Nintendo to stop making Mario games, or Square Enix to stop making Final Fantasy games?

And about that new IP that Sega would supposedly benefit more from? Billy Hatcher says hi.

Except for those games that were recently very creative and received a lot of critical and fan praise. Sonic is their flagship franchise, of course they're going to keep making them. Would you expect Nintendo to stop making Mario games, or Square Enix to stop making Final Fantasy games? And about that new IP that Sega would supposedly benefit more from? Billy Hatcher says hi.

This exactly. Can't really imagine a world without Mario, Zelda, Pokémon or Sonic in it. They're the mascots of the gaming industry, been around since before most modern gamers could crawl. If those other franchises aren't dying out soon (not to mention all these characters and *Le cough* Super Smash Bros. that helps keep some franchises alive and kicking), then why should Sonic? The FACE of SEGA is Sonic, you see Sonic Team and Sonic themselves when you hear the name SEGA no matter how many other smaller IP's there are. So Sonic isn't going anywhere, not for until as long as Mario is still alive.

Sega doesn't know how to market anything that isn't Sonic. It's embarrassing really because franchises like Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza are amazing in a way that only Sega makes them, but because they're not marketed as heavily as Sonic: they don't get as much attention...

I was about to mention Valkyria chronicles! I'd take that over Sonic any day. Nintendo rehash Mario all the time but at least they can keep it somewhat interesting. Sonic is getting old now and a lot of us are getting tired of it.

Except for those games that were recently very creative and received a lot of critical and fan praise. Sonic is their flagship franchise, of course they're going to keep making them. Would you expect Nintendo to stop making Mario games, or Square Enix to stop making Final Fantasy games? And about that new IP that Sega would supposedly benefit more from? Billy Hatcher says hi.

Because each final fantasy game is unique and interesting in its own way and Nintendo find ways to make Mario interesting. Those franchises aren't plagued with awful broken messes of games like sonic boom, sonic 06, sonic and the black Knights. I could care less if a franchise is a classic, if the games are getting old and terrible then the franchise should die off.

I'm excited for both games but as usual keeping my expectations/hype down. Colors and Generations are fantastic with Lost World being 'eh' so I'm not too overally concerned with Project 2017 expect maybe the fact that they seem to be going with a darker story than other recent games. Also we haven't even seen anything really about P. 2017 as the trailer was only about a minute long. We'll just have to wait for more news. 

(And that Nintendo NX mention!)

Mania looks fantastic and is being made with people I trust so again I'm not overally concerned. Looks super fun to play so far and have only heard good things from people actually playing the game. We'll be seeing more from it at the Summer of Sonic event in under 2 weeks too.

(Edits were just some little details :) )

Edited by TheEightMelodies

And about that new IP that Sega would supposedly benefit more from? Billy Hatcher says hi.

Do you honestly think that Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg is Sega's only non-Sonic IP? You really need to do your research into Sega IP's. Speaking of "new" Sega IP's, this game has been critical praise, but again, because Sega's barely advertising it: nobody ever talks about it. I genuinely hope this game does well.

I was about to mention Valkyria chronicles! I'd take that over Sonic any day. Nintendo rehash Mario all the time but at least they can keep it somewhat interesting. Sonic is getting old now and a lot of us are getting tired of it.Because each final fantasy game is unique and interesting in its own way and Nintendo find ways to make Mario interesting. Those franchises aren't plagued with awful broken messes of games like sonic boom, sonic 06, sonic and the black Knights. I could care less if a franchise is a classic, if the games are getting old and terrible then the franchise should die off.

And a lot of us still love Sonic, love the good games and are excited for new games. But let's forget those of us who actually like Sonic, Sega should stop making the games entirely because some people don't like them, right?

Do you honestly think that Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg is Sega's only non-Sonic IP? You really need to do your research into Sega IP's.

You're misunderstanding. Billy Hatcher was an example of a huge failure for Sega, it barely sold at all. So when someone suggests Sega stop making their flagship franchise that's guaranteed to sell at least decently in favor of a new IP that might sell like shit and cost them a ton of money, I just think they should keep in mind that not all risk equals reward. New IPs are great, but strategic war games and turn based RPGs don't have nearly as much mass appeal as a simple cartoony platformer with one of the most recognizable characters in all of video games.