Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

You know, I was doubting it for KH3, but to me it makes a lot of sense for it to be a lost KH3D world, since I think it would have made sense for a dream world since Treasure Planet doesn't really feel like something that would just appear in KH without a special reason for it to be there. But now I am hoping we see Treasure Planet and Jungle Book somewhere down the line.

AWWWWW MAN, Treasure Planet would have been awesome for DDD! Well, hopefully it still might make it into KH3, it's nice to know that they were at least considering it. I guess we can add this to the growing list of would-be worlds that we want to see in KH3 or some other future game some day. <3

FAJSDLKFJASLDKJFASKLDJFALKSFJASDJALAKSJDFLAK A SCRAPPED TREASURE PLANET WORLD!!!???  

DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE WANTED A TREASURE PLANET WORLD IN THE KINGDOM HEARTS SERIES!?!? :')

Good God, if this is anything to go by, then that means that Treasure Planet was being considered for the Kingdom Hearts series!  Hope is not lost!  This means that there could still be a chance that Treasure Planet makes its way into Kingdom Hearts III!  I hope this is the case!!!! X_X

Edit: Thank you for this amazing find! :D

I know exactly how you feel. This is indeed an amazing find and I've also been wanting Treasure Planet in the Kingdom Hearts series for a long time too, and I hope that they bring it in KH3.  :smile:

FAJSDLKFJASLDKJFASKLDJFALKSFJASDJALAKSJDFLAK A SCRAPPED TREASURE PLANET WORLD!!!???  

DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE WANTED A TREASURE PLANET WORLD IN THE KINGDOM HEARTS SERIES!?!? :')

Good God, if this is anything to go by, then that means that Treasure Planet was being considered for the Kingdom Hearts series!  Hope is not lost!  This means that there could still be a chance that Treasure Planet makes its way into Kingdom Hearts III!  I hope this is the case!!!! X_X

Edit: Thank you for this amazing find! :D

tbf, it was pretty likely Treasure Planet would be included just based on the fact that Roy Conli is involved in getting the films he worked on into the game. Given the fact that he also worked on Hunchback, it's possible the plan was always to introduce the films he worked on in the games, with the first 'part' of that plan being Hunchback and Treasure Planet in DDD and then Tangled and Big Hero 6 in KHIII, but probably due to hardware limitations or budgetary concerns, they weren't able to put Treasure Planet in DDD. 

Edited by Kaweebo

This is interesting. The boat is rough and has no textures, so it looks like it was scrapped just as they started creating it. That's a shame, but it's good that it was still there somewhere for us to find, granted they probably doubted anyone would find it. Game developers often leave scrapped things in game, it's easier to just disconnect it from the rest of the game, take out what could use up space(for example maybe the beta worlds were large, so they got replaced by the smaller place-holder) than to go back and delete every reference, etc. It makes sense, because in the time it takes to remove every trace -with little difference to the actual game- you could be doing something else. Considering they had started creating models, they probably have concept art, and maybe the characters had started to be modeled as well. Of course unless you can break into square enix, we'd never see that. xD

Maybe the reason they scrapped it for DDD was because they decided it would be a better fit in KH3. There may be hope yet, and wasn't there a third world to be announced from roy? 

Recently, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance's code was discovered containing a new hidden world/area. The new area found in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance's code appears to be some sort of ship. While it is uncertain what this area actually is, there is some info on the hidden code regarding the area. 

The hidden area & code was discovered by YouTube user OmegaErkz

According to Erkz, each code for the worlds contained in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance go by a certain area code. Worlds such as Hollow Bastion (hb), Destiny Islands (di), Twilight Town (tt), all go by this certain area code. The hidden area that was discovered has the area code "tp", which, if followed by the area code rule, could be an area based off of Disney's Treasure Planet

The hidden area appears to have been scratched after an attempt to include it in the world selection for Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. You can check out the hidden area below thanks to YouTube User OmegaErkz (Starting at 2:53:29)

While it is uncertain what the area is, we'd like to know: What do you think it is? Do you think it's an entire world dedicated to Treasure Planet? Would you like to see it in Kingdom Hearts III? Let us know in the comments below!

This post has been promoted to an article Edited by Jake

I've racked my brain for all possibilities to counter TP, but nothing fits:The Little Mermaid: world never fell asleep.Peter Pan: world never fell asleep.Pirates of the Caribbean: this MIGHT have fallen asleep, but it wouldn't make sense for Sora to redo the main storyline AGAIN.Pocahontas: Why would the settler boat be the first thing you make?Frozen: movie came after the game, and why would you make the boat first?This HAS to be the Treasure Planet ship!!! I don't care what anyone says, this confirms TP in KH3 for me!!!!

Well this obviously has a lot of similarities with the Treasure Planet ship, the RLS Legacy, and to be honest I think this pretty much confirms it will appear in KH3. Let me state my reasons:

- First of all people already had been speculating for this world to appear since both worlds confirmed in KH3 are based on Roy Conli´s Disney films. The only one left was TP.

- KHDDD as stated by Nomura was planned to be a part of KH3 at first but it was ended up being split on it´s own. As previously a part of the awaited installment, and since this was found in the game´s data, it is safe to assume that what this code shows was going to be a part of KH3 as well, thus, if this is truly a TP world data then it might be that they decided to keep it with KH3 instead of leaving it in KHDDD.

- As I mentioned above the ship has more or less the same ship structure as the RLS Legacy Ship in the actual film.

The fact that was in DDD doesn´t mean that IT WILL BE in KH3 but everything is pointing towards IT WILL. Also the very world´s physics and structure are perfect for KH3 so... there you have it. What do you guys think?

Zaz! :P

I've racked my brain for all possibilities to counter TP, but nothing fits:The Little Mermaid: world never fell asleep.Peter Pan: world never fell asleep.Pirates of the Caribbean: this MIGHT have fallen asleep, but it wouldn't make sense for Sora to redo the main storyline AGAIN.Pocahontas: Why would the settler boat be the first thing you make?Frozen: movie came after the game, and why would you make the boat first?This HAS to be the Treasure Planet ship!!! I don't care what anyone says, this confirms TP in KH3 for me!!!!

The original post already pointed that out, as in, this is a completely new ship model never used in KH before. 

AWWWWW MAN, Treasure Planet would have been awesome for DDD! Well, hopefully it still might make it into KH3, it's nice to know that they were at least considering it. I guess we can add this to the growing list of would-be worlds that we want to see in KH3 or some other future game some day. <3

Mayby it was replaced with Prankster's Paradise.

But, Worlds never have the same name as the movies, right? Knowing that, TP could mean anything at all.Also, deleted areas do not guarantee a comeback, as seen with the Jungle Book hidden area.

Roy Conli be like "Hi there Disney fans, we had a surprise announcement for a new world, but clearly, somebody hacked into files they weren't supposed to so we can't show you that world anymore. Enjoy the return of Wonderland!"

But seriously, I can't wait for this Winter! Treasure Planet is pretty much guaranteed as a world at this point.

I know exactly how you feel. This is indeed an amazing find and I've also been wanting Treasure Planet in the Kingdom Hearts series for a long time too, and I hope that they bring it in KH3.  :smile:

Oh my God, yes!!! I'm really hoping that one of the announcements we get this December is a Treasure Planet world reveal, courtesy of Mr. Roy Conli! I'd freak out, and I'd be so happy!  With what we were shown here, it means that Treasure Planet was at least considered for the series, so there's hope for it to be in Kingdom Hearts III yet! Let's keep our fingers crossed! :D

tbf, it was pretty likely Treasure Planet would be included just based on the fact that Roy Conli is involved in getting the films he worked on into the game. Given the fact that he also worked on Hunchback, it's possible the plan was always to introduce the films he worked on in the games, with the first 'part' of that plan being Hunchback and Treasure Planet in DDD and then Tangled and Big Hero 6 in KHIII, but probably due to hardware limitations or budgetary concerns, they weren't able to put Treasure Planet in DDD. 

That's just awesome!  And to be honest, I'm glad Treasure Planet didn't make it into Dream Drop Distance, because that just means there's a more likely chance that it could be in Kingdom Hearts III!  Just imagine seeing Jim and Silver and the crew...in that glorious Kingdom Shader!?  GAHHH, NOW I'M REALLY HOPING TREASURE PLANET MAKES IT INTO KINGDOM HEARTS III! X_X

Oh my God, yes!!! I'm really hoping that one of the announcements we get this December is a Treasure Planet world reveal, courtesy of Mr. Roy Conli! I'd freak out, and I'd be so happy!  With what we were shown here, it means that Treasure Planet was at least considered for the series, so there's hope for it to be in Kingdom Hearts III yet! Let's keep our fingers crossed! :D

I will for sure keep my fingers crossed.  :smile:  Do you realize that if Treasure Planet is announced in KH3 (which I REALLY hope it is) then all three of Roy Conoli's movies (Tangled, Big Hero 6, & Treasure Planet) would be in KH3, which in itself would be absolutely amazing!  :biggrin:

I will for sure keep my fingers crossed.  :smile:  Do you realize that if Treasure Planet is announced in KH3 (which I REALLY hope it is) then all three of Roy Conoli's movies (Tangled, Big Hero 6, & Treasure Planet) would be in KH3, which in itself would be absolutely amazing!  :biggrin:

GAHHHH, THAT'D BE AMAZING!!!!! :')

I'M PRAYING THAT THIS IS SO!!!! D: