Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

The best scene in the franchise? (Storywise)

Obviously "Blank points" from KH BBS, it's probably my favourite cutscene in the Series^^But there are so man good cutscenes in the series but another one i really like is the final cutscene from Sora's story in KH Re:Chain of Memories. I don't know exactly why, but i think it is kind of touching, although it may not me that emotional like other cutscenes in the series.

I really like Sora's words at the end though.. ."Forgotten, but not lost!"

There are way too many good cutscenes in the series and I'll bet that there going to be so much more feels in 0.2 and 3 :

I think for me it will always be the scene that starts off Sora and Riku-Ansem's climatic battle in Hollow Bastion, the one right before Sora turns into a Heartless. I'm kind of stretching it by including the battle as a part of it, as well as it's conclusion, but everything about this scene feels like a strong climax to me. The conflict between Sora and Riku has been building up for a while the whole game, and after seeing Riku's final dive into the Darkness, you can tell that first fight in the Grand Hall was only the beginning. You keep seeing Riku not acting like himself anymore, all the cryptic conversations he and Maleficent have, his mysterious Keyblade, you've just killed off what should have been the last boss, and finally manage to find Kairi, only to discover that she can't wake up and have Riku provide just enough cryptic exposition to reveal that he is not who he appears to be. With all the stakes set up higher than before, Sora has no choice but to face Riku on his own. The battle itself while immensely difficult is extremely satisfying, each move an impressive display of power, and each can be countered with similar moves from Sora's move set, and after the final blow, while Riku seemingly vanishes, you know that it's a conclusion that will be reached later on, and Sora makes the ultimate sacrifice to save Kairi's heart. And then everything else after that is pretty awesome for their own reasons, though from that point on it's kind of like falling action, which is kind of odd since there are still plenty of bosses to face after that. But overall, I feel like THIS is what climaxes are all about. Firmly establishing a conflict that builds little by little over the course of the story, finally reaching a peak where all hell breaks loose, then everything after that is geared towards reaching a conclusion. The pacing was just perfect for me and it will always be one of my top favorite scenes of the series, despite how many times I've died from that boss. <3

Posted Image

Seriously now,  a great one KH2FM's secret ending (the fight between Ven, Aqua and Terra against Vanitas and Xehanort), everything is amazing there, even the music!

Still, there's two that are even better, I don't even know why I like it them that much, but one of them is the cutscene in KH Re: Chain of Memories right before fighting Zexion, and the other one is the scene that resembles that one in KH 358/2 Days. My favourite character is Saïx, not Zexion, which makes it even stranger xD

Edited by amyMCTrece( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀)

i'm thinking KH2's ending is up there, simply because of how it brings the plot threads from the first game to conclusion. Sora manages to bring Riku back to the islands with him and he also bring's Kairi's good luck charm back to her just as he promised. it really wraps the story of the first three games up nicely. 

I loved Sora's speech in Dream Drop Distance. If only for one cutscene, the real Sora shone through. Not the incompetent idiot they tried to turn him into, but the Sora we have come to love, the hero we know he is. The imagery of all Sora's friends behind him, giving him the strength to overcome all odds once more, was my favorite part of the story.

I think for me it will always be the scene that starts off Sora and Riku-Ansem's climatic battle in Hollow Bastion, the one right before Sora turns into a Heartless. I'm kind of stretching it by including the battle as a part of it, as well as it's conclusion, but everything about this scene feels like a strong climax to me. The conflict between Sora and Riku has been building up for a while the whole game, and after seeing Riku's final dive into the Darkness, you can tell that first fight in the Grand Hall was only the beginning. You keep seeing Riku not acting like himself anymore, all the cryptic conversations he and Maleficent have, his mysterious Keyblade, you've just killed off what should have been the last boss, and finally manage to find Kairi, only to discover that she can't wake up and have Riku provide just enough cryptic exposition to reveal that he is not who he appears to be. With all the stakes set up higher than before, Sora has no choice but to face Riku on his own. The battle itself while immensely difficult is extremely satisfying, each move an impressive display of power, and each can be countered with similar moves from Sora's move set, and after the final blow, while Riku seemingly vanishes, you know that it's a conclusion that will be reached later on, and Sora makes the ultimate sacrifice to save Kairi's heart. And then everything else after that is pretty awesome for their own reasons, though from that point on it's kind of like falling action, which is kind of odd since there are still plenty of bosses to face after that. But overall, I feel like THIS is what climaxes are all about. Firmly establishing a conflict that builds little by little over the course of the story, finally reaching a peak where all hell breaks loose, then everything after that is geared towards reaching a conclusion. The pacing was just perfect for me and it will always be one of my top favorite scenes of the series, despite how many times I've died from that boss. <3

This too.

i'm thinking KH2's ending is up there, simply because of how it brings the plot threads from the first game to conclusion. Sora manages to bring Riku back to the islands with him and he also bring's Kairi's good luck charm back to her just as he promised. it really wraps the story of the first three games up nicely.

Xehanort saga should have ended there imo.Another one that springs to mind is Axel telling Xion "You keep on running, but I'll always be there to bring you back". It conveys his pain really well, especially his facial expression during the cutscene. He keeps having to chase Xion down all the time and the organisation are on his back constantly, he could get turned into a dusk at any moment but he chooses to help her by bringing her back. If he didn't then she'd be killed. No one ever considers how Axel felt during days, he was the one who was affected the most. It's like having a trio of friends and 2 of them are always fighting, the third friend ends up feeling the most isolated since they can't side with anyone.Oh, Riku and xion's convo was quite sad too. Xion said "Are you mad I took your friend away" and he replies"No, I'm just sad" We've never seen Riku act sad, he always keeps it to himself so for him to admit it is quite interesting. Like Axel, you never notice how the situation affects people around Roxas and Xion. You feel a lot of empathy for Riku here, he just wants his friend back and he went through a lot to do that. People say his development is cliche but I disagree because of moments like this. The ending of KH2 is up there also. With Sora running to Kairi and then you see Roxas and Namine whilst sanctuary is playing in the background.

Good God, you guys have picked some excellent scenes, but why must you make threads like this!? I love the Kingdom Hearts series dearly, and it's so hard for me to choose just one favorite scene!  Okay, but I'll pick three particular scenes that I love! :D

Coming in at number three, this last scene, after the Lingering Will defeats Terranort in Birth By Sleep! (Skip to 4:35!) X_X

"Aqua...Ven, someday...I will set this right!"  Those final words Terra utters sends chills down my spine, and this scene is an all time favorite of mine, mainly because of the fact that Terra is swearing to his friends that he'll set this whole mess right one day, but the poor sap is doomed to remain only a hollow suit of armor, while Xehanort has control over his body!  It's a tragic ending for a misunderstood hero, ya know?  I love this scene so much! :')

At number two, we have the whopping final scene from Dream Drop Distance, in which Xehanort and the Seekers Of Darkness reveal their plans to Riku and Mickey!

This is one hell of a scene, as it builds up the hype for Kingdom Hearts III, and I love this scene so much, that I've watched it many times already! Leonard Nimoy's masterful portrayal of Xehanort shines through admirably, and I loved how his majestic voice gave Xehanort that sinister feeling, and well, the build up for Kingdom Hearts III definitely became even more exciting with this scene! :D

And coming in at number one, my absolute favorite scene has to be when Terra passes down the Keyblade to Riku! :')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp_QC5eZhNI

I just loved the interaction between Terra and Riku in this scene, and you could tell that Terra was impressed by how mature Riku was despite his young age! And well, to a longtime fan of the series, seeing Terra pass down the Keyblade to Riku was symbolic, as we literally witnessed the beginning of Riku's journey, ya know? And well, the two of them established a link which I hope is visited upon in Kingdom Hearts III!  But yeah, overall, I loved how beautiful this scene was and how it was portrayed!  Oh, and one of my favorite quotes of the series was mentioned here! :3

"To protect the things that matter!" :')

There's so many other scenes I love, but these three are among my top favorites! :D

I honestly can't wait to see the cutscene with Xehanort and Eraqus during their younger years in KH3. Basically the whole intro/prologue in 3. The way they will add up all that has happened throughout the series, and then going right into 3 sounds something so fresh, and gets me hyped for 3 alot.

So many good scenes in this series, even in the "bad" games. My favorite scene is probably the whole Riku-Ansem scene sequence, and Kairi awakening to a fading Sora. SOO MUCH HAPPENING.

If I had to post one not already posted I'd go with.... My summer vacation is...... Over :sad: :sad:

Also end of 358 days is pretty feelsy.