Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

The potential of KH3 gives me goosebumps.

From a gameplay aspect not a story aspect, this is a huge opportunity for the franchise.

KH1 and KH2 are 2 of the best games of all time imo.

Think about it, now that we're on better systems there's more things that Divsion 3 can do with Kingdom Hearts 3 and we've been seeing evidence of that throught interviews and trailers. The franchise has never reached it's maximum potential due to being plagued by handheld spin offs, the PSP and the DS couldn't dream of capturing the full potential of the franchise. So much more could have been done, and Kingdom Hearts 3 is the best opportunity to do so.

Refined KH2 combat with more puzzles, sidequests, better AI and harder enemies?  Besides puzzles, we've heard that KH3 is an evolution of KH2 (Arguably the best combat in the franchise if you play on proud and critical mode to appreciate the battle system)

Edited by Shinobi Waffles

Add to the fact that since this is a major title for them it'll no doubt be much more polished than those of the handheld titles. Honestly, all of this is why I really don't have much concern when it comes to KH3's gameplay. Even looking at 0.2's demo you can tell they balanced some things out quite well.

I hope so! Kingdom hearts 2 final mix actually gave us the opportunity to properly use the powers of the final form on critical mode with those organization 13 rematches, terra's lingering will unlike the original release where level 99 just became too OP. I'm hoping kingdom hearts 3 delivers the goods when it comes to late game combat

Of course you realize that KH3 could never reach this kind of potential without the portable titles. Half of the gameplay elements present in KH3 would not exist without Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance taking those kind of chances despite their hardware limitations. Every title is important to me, because each one makes up one small part of what KH3 will ultimately be. And since I've enjoyed each title so much, THAT'S why I'm really excited for KH3's potential. I'm hoping for the best each title had to offer being utilized in the best way they could be in this game. And so far it's showing no signs of disappointment. <3

Of course you realize that KH3 could never reach this kind of potential without the portable titles. Half of the gameplay elements present in KH3 would not exist without Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance taking those kind of chances despite their hardware limitations. Every title is important to me, because each one makes up one small part of what KH3 will ultimately be. And since I've enjoyed each title so much, THAT'S why I'm really excited for KH3's potential. I'm hoping for the best each title had to offer being utilized in the best way they could be in this game. And so far it's showing no signs of disappointment. <3

Dude, your thoughts definitely echo mine!  You have my thumbs up of approval! :')

But yeah, Kingdom Hearts III will no doubt be a gameplay darling!  It'll probably be one of the best games in the franchise in terms of gameplay, and with what we've seen, good God, it's gotten me so hyped up!  And the fact of the matter is, this still isn't the finished product!  So just imagine how the final end result will look like when the combat has seen enough polish!  JUST IMAGINE!!!  And if Kingdom Hearts II gave us many options to tinker with combat, Kingdom Hearts III will no doubt give us even more!  We've got Keyblade Transformations, Free Running, Attraction Flow, Flowmotion, improved spells that have lasting effects, the Keyblade in general, Shotlocks, and even the possibility of Drive Forms returning!  GAHHH, SO MANY WAYS TO FIGHT!!!! GAHHHH!!!!

I agree strongly with Hero Of Light, though.  If Nomura hadn't done the handheld entries, we probably wouldn't see the epicness of KHIII's gameplay like we've seen it to be!  Because by Nomura using the handheld entries as experiments, he found the best of what he got from said entries, and that all contributes to the big kahuna, Kingdom Hearts III!  I can't wait to see more gameplay, and I hope that December gives us a new gameplay trailer, hopefully of San Fransokyo this time! :D

But yeah, Kingdom Hearts III's gameplay will be soooo good! X_X

The handheld titles weren't exactly spin-offs. I'd rather think of them as canonical side games that have a big impact on the lore and is necessary to understand what will happen in KH3, like who are Ventus, Terra and Aqua, where did Xehanort come from and what are his goals, etc.Other than that, yes, KH3 being a console title has huge potential especially on consoles like the PS4 and XBONE in both storage and power. We could have a lot of minigames and sidequests. It would make the game more replayable.