Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Ha Zweiokopf

Symbols in the Book of prophecies?

Hey guys,

I am about to make a list of all names of the KH chars, their meanings and symbols maybe & I am trying to figure out the Symbols in the book of prophecies that you see at the beginning of KHUX. The List is both englisch and german for those who might wonder. I would love if you guys could help out, the stuff marked red is Speculation, so take it with a grain of salt.

My Names List so far (sorry for the look of it, cannot import it as an table like I have on pc:

Foreteller Names Meanings

Union                                         Name                                                           Deadly Sin

Anguis                                    Master Invi                                                   Invidia/Envy/Neid

Leopardus                                Master Gula                                              Gula/Gluttony/Völlerei

Vulpes                                    Master Ava                                                 Avaritia/Greed/Geiz

Ursus                                    Master Aced                                                Acedia/Sloth/Faulheit

Unicornis                                 Master Ira                                                   Ira/Resentment/Groll

6th Apprentice                            Master Luxu                                               Luxuria/Luxury/Wollust

Master of Masters                          Master Vanitas                                             Superbia/Pride/Stolz

Main Character Names

Name                                               Meaning                                                              Symbol for

Sora                                            Sky/Himmel (jap.)                                         Freedom/Creator/Hope/Wisdom

Riku                                              Land/Land (jap.)

Kairi                                   Enstrangement/Entfremdung (jap.)

Terra                                             Land/Land (lat.)

Aqua                                           Water/Wasser (lat.)

Ventus                                         Wind/Wind (lat.)

Vanitas                                      Vanity/Eitelkeit (lat.)

Skuld                                          Debt/Schuld (swe.)

Ephemera                             Ephemera/Eintagsfliegen (swe.)

Namine                                       Wave/Welle (jap.)

Saix/Isa                                           Jesaja (lat.)                                                       Prophet of Tanach

Lexaeus/Aeleus                               Aiolos (lat.)                                                           God of Wind

Vexen/Even                                   Evangelius (lat.)                                                    Merry Embassy

Xaldin/Dilan                                     Dy llanw (wal.)                                                           Big Sea

Xigbar/Braig                                         Craig?                                                                     Rock

Zexion/Ienzo                          Laurentius/Vincentius/Enrico                      Laurelled/Conquerer/Ruler of the home

Axel/Lea                                       Leo (lat.)/Le’ah (heb.)                                   Lion/Cow (Strenght Symbols)

Demyx/“Demy“                                    Demetrius                                               God of Fertility(Earth/Water)

Marluxia/“Lumaria“                                Lumen                                                                     Light

Larxene/“Arlene“                                 AR (chem.)                                                       Gold/Sunlike/Kid

Ansem the Wise                               Tutor Anthem                                                      

The Symbols I need to figure out:
http://imgur.com/a/RAlX6

I already have some ideas, for example on the second picture top right could be an hourglass. The hourglass is a symbol for fugacity and is often reffered to as "Vanitas". Another name that stands for fugacity is Ephemera. Could be a hint for a possible connection between these two. Edit: Of course the Hourglass could also stand for Youn Xehanort, which then leaves us with a 3-way-connection-thingy.

As for the other symbols I have not yet found a logical piece of evidence, I would really love your help with this. I do all of this to understand more of the symbolism that is going on in the Kingdom Hearts Universe since most of the obvious stuff has been discovered/talked about, but I have not seen someone talking about these things.

Also what I noticed is that there's some symbolism going on in general with gaming & alchemy, just look it up, you'll be surprised how much stuff there is (e.g. in Pokemon Sun & Moon). So I wanted to look it up and noticed that there's something like that for KH too. The Dive to the heart (in german it's place of awakening), for example looks exactly like alchemical circles that are used to create something, which is kinda what this place does, don't you think? With that I don't want to say I believe in alchemy because it's obviously bullshit for the most part, but it's interesting to see Nomura use alchemical concepts for the story of KH. This could lead us into getting a better understanding of everything going on which is why I really want to find out what these symbols mean.

I hope the text is not too full of bads, I am german and not native to the english language.

Your DommeUG

//

I have some new conclusions from the foretellers names. I researched a little bit about the symbolisms for the deadly sins and compared them to the animals they repreent. Ira, for example is often reffered to as a dragon, while in KH he represents a unicorn. Dragon & Unicorn togheter in the celtic mythology stand for the Good (unicorn) and the Bad (dragon) that have a infite fight. 

Posted ImageThis picture is from an anime called "The Seven Deadly Sins" and the animals representing them are nearly the same as in Kingdom Hearts with the foretellers and their master. The self eating dragon, explanation above, stands for Univornis/Ira and stands for the Wrath/Resentment.

The second animal is the bear, representing Master Aced. It fits his peronality really well since it's an animal of power. However it's a little lackluster when connecting tho the deadly sins. In russian mythology, you can sometimes see the bear as a Symbol for sloth.

The third picture is obviously a snake, the animal that Master Invi represents with the deadly sin of Envy. Envy is sometimes reffered to as a snake thats eats the people from inside.

The fourth animal is the Fox which is said to be greedy for knowledge. Representing Greed, this is Master Avas Animal. In mythology sometimes also the wolf stands for greed (greed for blood). 

The fiftht animal is a boar, but Gula represents Leopard, both representing the deadly sin of Gluttony. The Leopard is often a symbol for Gluttony in mythology togheter with 2 other wild beast: A Wolf and a Lion...

The 6th animal is the Aries/Chimera. It is said that Luxury shows itself in 3 Forms: Aries, Human and Bull. It tries to reach perfection and always chases his goal as a lone wolf.

The 7th animal is the Lion, I don't think I have to explain. Lion = Sora, Superbia meaning Vanitas as the last deadly sin. Vanitas looking like Sora. Superbia/Vanitas being the leader of all other deadly sins. 

That's just what I could find out about the symbolic meanings behind the Foretellers, the 6th apprentice and their Master. I will keep you updated.

//

There's more stuff that I found out on Ephemera, Skuld & a third person and how they connect to Sora/Riku/Kairi and Terra/Aqua/Ventus.

Skuld means Guilt or Future and in norse mythology she's one of 3 Norns. These norns representing past (urd), present (verdandi) and future (skuld). The symbol for these three is a "triskelion". Ephemera stands for things that only last 1 day so on the one side for fugacity, on the other hand you could also say that things that only last 1 day represent the present time, something that only exists right now. This would make Ephemera a synonym for Verdandi/Present, while Skuld represents the future. The third person who represents the past has yet to be revealed, I cannot find any usefull names rather than "Ianus", who is the god of past/beginning & end.

However the triskelion is also a symbol for the earth, water and air --> Terra, Aqua, Ventus & Riku, Kairi, Sora. Kairi's interpretation here is somewhat difficult, but it can make sense! Kairis literal meaning is enstrangement, which can stand for something that sets 2 things apart from each other. The thing that seperates Sky & Land is the Water on it's surface. Like I said, it can make sense, but it's a little more farfetched than the obvious Terra, Aqua & Ventus.

This leads me to believe that the 9 people we saw in the recent update of KHX on the right side of the keyblade graveyard are 3 trios. Terra/Aqua/Ventus & Riku/Kairi/Sora & ???/Skuld/Ephemera. The ??? could also be someone like one of Mickeys ancestors (we get to know in KH2 that he has had a long history of ancestors) which would make the ucrrent King Mickey join this trio, or it could also be a completely new person we don't know yet that is somehow connected to "the past".

Edit: Something I saw just now in HMK's video about Ephemera & Skuld is, that he points out that Skuld has yellow eyes & Ephemera has grey hair. These are the two Main traits of Xehanort. With the triskelion also being a symbol for mother, father and kid, Xehanort could be the Kid of Ephemera & Skuld. 

Edited by Ha Zweiokopf

The Master of Masters is most likely called Perbia or Superbia given that the name Vanitas is already taken, aside that, fantastic find!

I thought Vanitas means 'futile', can you please explain its connection to pride?

Yes sure I can explain it, I had latin for some years in school, never thought it would actually help lol.

The deadly sin Pride is called Superbia in Latin. Other names for this exact sin are: vanity and arrogance. If you look up what vanity means in latin it will say vanitate, which can also be called Vanitas. Also Superbia is the leader of all other deadly sins, that makes Vanitas/Perbia/Superb the Master of Masters. Also look at Vanitas, he looks exactly like a dark version of sora (Lion --> Pride) which makes perfect sense now.

The Master of Masters is most likely called Perbia or Superbia given that the name Vanitas is already taken, aside that, fantastic find!

Yes, if they follow the naming so far, Perbia would most likely be the name I could se them using. However, it shows that there is some sort of connection going on between Vanitas & the Master of Masters since they're pretty much synonyms.

Edited by Ha Zweiokopf

Yes sure I can explain it, I had latin for some years in school, never thought it would actually help lol.

The deadly sin Pride is called Superbia in Latin. Other names for this exact sin are: vanity and arrogance. If you look up what vanity means in latin it will say vanitate, which can also be called Vanitas. Also Superbia is the leader of all other deadly sins, that makes Vanitas/Perbia/Superb the Master of Masters. Also look at Vanitas, he looks exactly like a dark version of sora (Lion --> Pride) which makes perfect sense now.

Thanks for clearing that up!

and thanks for this analysis!

Thanks for clearing that up!

and thanks for this analysis!

No problem! What's your opinion on that? Do you think it's coincidence or might it have some real influence to the story developement of KH3?

Also for everyone, I added two parts with interpretation of the Names and Symbolics of the foretellers & Ephemera/Skuld. I would love to see your opinions on that as well as maybe some help with the missing symbols in the book of prophecies.

Except that chi takes place in the time of fairytales hundreds of year earlier and xehanort was raised with eraqus on the land of departure by their master, so I doubt the parents thing. Also nomura is like willy wonka and avoids all mentions of parental figures lol

Edited by Yuno Gasai

Except that chi takes place in the time of fairytales hundreds of year earlier and xehanort was raised with eraqus on the land of departure by their master, so I doubt the parents thing. Also nomura is like willy wonka and avoids all mentions of parental figures lol

Yes I agree with you on that, I just wanted to mention the parents thing it for completion. It could also just be coincidence because you could also argue then that Terra & Aqua are parents to Ventus wich is obviously bullshit. Well not completely, at least they fullfil a similar role to that for Ventus.

As for the time difference: I wouldn't be so sure about that. We saw in the latest update of KHX something that might be a vision of the future showing the second Keyblade war and the Avatar of the player is in it. Since it's the purpose of the dandelions surviving beyond the keyblade war in the realm of unchained, I would guess that it's at least possible since we don't know if or how time works in this realm. Could be extremely slow or not moving forward at all (we've seen a lot when it comes to different time mechanics like the time travel or what happens to Aqua in the realm of darkness). Since we don't know that it's possible, but we cannot take that as a fact so we don't have an actual clue. Also it seems that only Ava or the Foretellers have enough power to bring someone in or out of this realm and since they are most likely all going to die in the first Keyblade War, the dandelions should be stuck there until someone with the power to release them comes along. I would guess that someone who's strong enough might be Xehanort, Eraqus, their master, Yen Sid (he can sent people to the realm of sleep), the princesses of heart (there could be some way that they can togheter open the door to other realms) or Sora (since he can connect to so many people, is the Main Char and in general has so many abilities he shouldn't have had in the first place).

All that said thought, this is all speculative, but I want to explore what's possible and what's not and I think that there's multiple ways for Xehanort to be connected to Ephemera/Skuld. 

Mmmhh, it's not easy to understand the meaning of those symbols.... maybe the one in the last picture is a stylisied fish: 

http://religion.imgix.net/185/147581.jpg?fit=max&w=400&s=0d38b35fc6024aa559f4696021068413

This symbol is often used in the christian culture. I don't really now what it could mean though

The fish is a symbol for jesus. The only connection I can draw is that the sky sometimes symbolises a "Creator" which would fit here. So the fish could stand for Sora. That's only vague thought. I will put up the symbolic meanings of the blank spots sometime tomorrow.

Yes I agree with you on that, I just wanted to mention the parents thing it for completion. It could also just be coincidence because you could also argue then that Terra & Aqua are parents to Ventus wich is obviously bullshit. Well not completely, at least they fullfil a similar role to that for Ventus.

As for the time difference: I wouldn't be so sure about that. We saw in the latest update of KHX something that might be a vision of the future showing the second Keyblade war and the Avatar of the player is in it. Since it's the purpose of the dandelions surviving beyond the keyblade war in the realm of unchained, I would guess that it's at least possible since we don't know if or how time works in this realm. Could be extremely slow or not moving forward at all (we've seen a lot when it comes to different time mechanics like the time travel or what happens to Aqua in the realm of darkness). Since we don't know that it's possible, but we cannot take that as a fact so we don't have an actual clue. Also it seems that only Ava or the Foretellers have enough power to bring someone in or out of this realm and since they are most likely all going to die in the first Keyblade War, the dandelions should be stuck there until someone with the power to release them comes along. I would guess that someone who's strong enough might be Xehanort, Eraqus, their master, Yen Sid (he can sent people to the realm of sleep), the princesses of heart (there could be some way that they can togheter open the door to other realms) or Sora (since he can connect to so many people, is the Main Char and in general has so many abilities he shouldn't have had in the first place).

All that said thought, this is all speculative, but I want to explore what's possible and what's not and I think that there's multiple ways for Xehanort to be connected to Ephemera/Skuld. 

I agree, there's lots of way for them to be connected. The time thing seems plausible too, I agree.

As for Terra and Aqua with Ven, they seem more like an adopted elder sister and brother to Ven, Aqua even says they look like brothers. xD I think that's probably how they see each other too, with Eraqus being their dad figure. I understand why people have that opinion though, because of the ticket thing. Although, ''two adults'' could be anyone in your family really and that scene was more for laughs. At least that's how I see it lol. But it's still a caring figure, so your point still stands.

Edited by Yuno Gasai

Maybe the MoM is Prideful of the fact that he knows what to come and he can do what he wants with it, So he doeceds to do so in order to learn more

Yes I can see that being his character. Superbia also means being superior which perfectly fits him being the MoM.

I agree, there's lots of way for them to be connected. The time thing seems plausible too, I agree.

As for Terra and Aqua with Ven, they seem more like an adopted elder sister and brother to Ven, Aqua even says they look like brothers. xD I think that's probably how they see each other too, with Eraqus being their dad figure. I understand why people have that opinion though, because of the ticket thing. Although, ''two adults'' could be anyone in your family really and that scene was more for laughs. At least that's how I see it lol. But it's still a caring figure, so your point still stands.

Yeah what I meant is that I don't think it has anything to do with the father, mother & son meaning. The Symbol standing for past, present, future and earth, water, air is way more indicating and relevant I think.

UPDATE POST

Hey guys,

I am here to post a little update on Skuld today! I have done a little more digging into her (that sounds weird, no pun intended) name and I have found some new little things I would like to share here.

Like I said, Skuld is named after one of the 3 norns from norse mythology. These stand for past, present (Ephemera) and future (Skuld). However, Skuld doesn't simply mean future, but rather destiny. It means the future that has to happen because of the things that have happened. I found this very interesting and looked up the Kanji for it. The Kanji for Destiny is "Shukumei" and means future that is determined before birth (look here). The first part of スクルド (Kanji for Skuld) also has the starting of Shukumei in it.

I think this just perfectly fits the Kingdom Hearts world and theme of destiny that is going on there. This is exactly what is going on with young xehanort who follows his destiny and also with the "darkness will prevail and the light expire" thing in KHX.

Thought it would be interessting, greetings guys.

I made a joke in another post about Ventus being the master of masters after seeing him in the 3rd KH commemorative pic for KHX with Skuld and Ephemera.

Looking at this post reminded me that. We really don't know much of Ventus' past before his heart was damaged. He could have been known as Vanitus in the past.

I made a joke in another post about Ventus being the master of masters after seeing him in the 3rd KH commemorative pic for KHX with Skuld and Ephemera.

Looking at this post reminded me that. We really don't know much of Ventus' past before his heart was damaged. He could have been known as Vanitus in the past.

Yeah it's funny how you joke about something, but when you actually think about it and start digging behind the scenes, it's scary how realistic it could be :D

On 8/6/2016 at 2:05 AM, Ha Zweiokopf said:

Yeah it's funny how you joke about something, but when you actually think about it and start digging behind the scenes, it's scary how realistic it could be :D

All we know was that he was part of the Dandelions.

On 8/5/2016 at 4:15 PM, SomeKHFan said:

But he wasn't. 
He introduces himself to Ephemer and Skuld as Ventus.