Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Power Jusho

Which old console should be re-released?

Which old console should be re-released?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which old console should be re-released?

• Super Nintendo Entertainment System
    • Nintendo 64
    • XBox
    • PlayStation One
    • Sega Saturn
    • Sega Genesis
    • Another option? Comment down below!

I don't see the point of re-releasing the PS one or Xbox. I mean sure there's plenty of great games on it, but it's relatively easy to find a PS one or Xbox if you want one. Where I am anyway haha

Honestly, I've never played on any of these systems before (went from NES to PS2), so I can't really say.  Maybe N64 cause I've heard its hard to emulate those games?

I don't see the point of re-releasing the PS one or Xbox. I mean sure there's plenty of great games on it, but it's relatively easy to find a PS one or Xbox if you want one. Where I am anyway haha

Not to mention that the PS2 is backwards compatible, so getting a PS1 is pointless anyway.

Sega Saturn, if only for the fact that I'd love to see people try to make more games for it. Sad to say, Sonic Mania is the closest we'll ever get to seeing what would have happened if the 2D Sonic games continued beyond the 32X.

But they're already doing the Genisis

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Why is Xbox on there but not PS2...

Honestly, a PS2 one to me sounds cool, but only if it were updated to where you could download more PS2 classics, that way we could play a lot of the great PS2 games.

I would totally want the SNES to be remade.  That is my absolute favorite Nintendo console with so many beloved favorites.  It would be neat if they remade it, but I personally wouldn't buy it because I still have mine and will never get rid of it no matter how much you try to make me! nya ha ha!

...Yeeeeeeeesssssssssss, but I'm not talking about the Genesis, I'm talking about the SATURN. You know, the Sega equivalent to 64? Completely different system.

Still Sega. It's highly unlikely they remake two consoles so close together.

The legendary PS2!

Honestly, there's little to no point in doing that. The best games on that system got PS3 HD Remasters and the original PlayStation 3 is compatible with PlayStation 2 games. Now PlayStation 1 seems to be the wiser idea as it's graphical style is unique to that console.

Sega Saturn, if only for the fact that I'd love to see people try to make more games for it. Sad to say, Sonic Mania is the closest we'll ever get to seeing what would have happened if the 2D Sonic games continued beyond the 32X.

Sega no longer does hardware so they'd probably ship it to third party and have a knock-off console.

Edited by Guest

But they're already doing the Genisis

No, they're not, the Genesis one is a third party system that's been around for years now, it's not done by SEGA and they have nothing to do with it, oh and it sucks, has the quality of the chinese knockoff systems and image/sound quality is really bad, but on the plus size it's compatible with the old cartiges, unlike the mini NES.

Still Sega. It's highly unlikely they remake two consoles so close together.

No one said this would be within the same year. The point of the poll was to see what system you would like to be re-released, it never said that it would have to be within the year. If they ever did something like that (I kind of doubt it since most of the nostalgia is looking towards pixel based systems these days), odds are they would do it a year or two after releasing this new Genesis system.

No, they're not, the Genesis one is a third party system that's been around for years now, it's not done by SEGA and they have nothing to do with it, oh and it sucks, has the quality of the chinese knockoff systems and image/sound quality is really bad, but on the plus size it's compatible with the old cartiges, unlike the mini NES.

Actually Sega just announced a new Mega Drive mini system to coincide with Sonic's 25th. It may or may not have been manufactured by another company, but it IS officially licensed by Sega and it is mostly in response to the NES mini that Nintendo announced. They even loaded more games into it. So yeah, it's as legit as the NES mini.

No one said this would be within the same year. The point of the poll was to see what system you would like to be re-released, it never said that it would have to be within the year. If they ever did something like that (I kind of doubt it since most of the nostalgia is looking towards pixel based systems these days), odds are they would do it a year or two after releasing this new Genesis system.

Actually Sega just announced a new Mega Drive mini system to coincide with Sonic's 25th. It may or may not have been manufactured by another company, but it IS officially licensed by Sega and it is mostly in response to the NES mini that Nintendo announced. They even loaded more games into it. So yeah, it's as legit as the NES mini.

Again, SEGA has nothing to do with it, it's just a re-release of a third party system that has been around for years now.