Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
kyungshidae

Have you picked up the latest Harry Potter book?

Have you picked up the latest Harry Potter book?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Have you picked up the latest Harry Potter book?

• Yes, and it's amazing!
    • No, but im going to!
    • I will eventually...
    • No, I'm not interested.
    • I've never liked Harry Potter

I work in a bookshop and we had a target of getting pre orders for this book, and we weren't getting enough and getting shit for it so all the workers bought a pre order and my manager got three xD

Anyway, I've paid the deposit so I may as well get it, but it was pretty cool when we got the delivery. Because normally when we get new stock we keep them on the shelves in the back room, but for this we had to keep them locked away until yesterday, when we were allowed to sell them. I have a picture if anyone's interested.

I'll pick it up eventually...after I read Chamber Of Secrets and beyond!  The only Harry Potter book I read was The Sorcerer's Stone, and it was my brother's, and he had the rest of the collection up to Half Blood Prince at the time, if I'm not mistaken!  I was starting on Chamber Of Secrets, but wasn't able to keep reading it, ya know?

So yeah, when I read all the other books, then I'll get the new one! :3

i'm planning on rereading the series soon so i'll probably buy it whenever i finish book 7. i've heard mixed things about it.

some people say it comes off too much like poorly written fan fiction, which is certainly concerning.

i mean i haven't read a Harry Potter book ever since the 7th one came so idk how they even hold up now that i'm older.

Really disappointed in this installment. Feels like JK played too much of DDD when she approved this. It's certainly not up to the standards of the rest of the series.

DDD in this phrase stands for? so I can understand what you mean.

i'm planning on rereading the series soon so i'll probably buy it whenever i finish book 7. i've heard mixed things about it.

some people say it comes off too much like poorly written fan fiction, which is certainly concerning.

i mean i haven't read a Harry Potter book ever since the 7th one came so idk how they even hold up now that i'm older.

That's why it's not my top priority, I am more hyped to buy the screenplay of "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" than the book of the play(in fact not excited at all), because the play it wasn't written by J.K.Rowling while the movie was, I know she approved it, but she tends to be too soft, the Harry Potter movies are a good example, specially the writing and it's direction.

Edited by worldstraveller

DDD in this phrase stands for? so I can understand what you mean.

That's why it's not my top priority, I am more hyped to buy the screenplay of "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" than the book of the play(in fact not excited at all), because the play it wasn't written by J.K.Rowling while the movie was, I know she approved it, but she tends to be too soft, the Harry Potter movies are a good example, specially the writing and it's direction.

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.

Someone lives under a bridge...........................................

Nah, never liked harry potter and I never will. It was always really awful in my opinion. The movies anyway.

Fixed it for you.

It really wasn't that enjoyable. A lot of the writing felt really lazy. Good thing it was in script format, made it far quicker to finish.

No doubt it'll be made into a movie when the Fantastic Beasts are all out of the way, but I'm not sure it's something I'd even want to watch.