Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

Which actor gave the best Joker performance?

Which actor gave the best Joker performance?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which actor gave the best Joker performance?

• Mark Hamill (Batman the Animated series, Arkham games, The Killing Joke)
    • Jared Leto (Suicide Squad)
    • Cesar Romero (Batman series 1966)
    • Troy Baker (Arkham: Origins)
    • Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight)
    • Jack Nicholson (Batman 1989)
    • Brent Spiner (Young Justice series)
    • Someone else? Comment below!

Hamil. I honestly think his craziness is better portrayed in comics, animation and in video games where they can really go to town with the imagery and create scenarios that just simply would not work in live action movies. And Mark Hamil just brings such a fitting voice to the character as well.

Like seriously its one of those voices that you hear and instantly you would know what character it is even if you had never seen an episode before or played the games. I also think he did a good job on the Killing Joke as well, one of the Joker's greatest storylines and to see some of the mad scenes from the book be bought to life like that was pretty great.

Haven't seen Suicide Squad yet so can't vote really but that's where I stand as of now.

I don't really think you can compare the animated ones to the live action ones, though. Because in the movies you need to portray as a human, yes he's insane but he's still a person. Whereas in the animation you can give a voice to just about anything regardless of how ridiculous it is and it just works.... Errrr I've lost my train of thought. But believe me there is a point in there somewhere I was trying to make. :D

Where's John Dimaggio from Red Hood Batman? His voice is godly as Joker. So dark and sinister, which I personally prefer for Joker. No offense, Mark Hamill's Joker is beast too.

I saw Suicide Squad today and honestly, it's quite a new take on Joker. It was weird, but it wasn't too bad either. I kinda like how he looked in the movie though. One part of the movie with him made me fall in love with the whole movie xD

Edited by Moochieh32

Heath Ledger and Jared Leto are the only one's whose performance I've actually watched, hm. I'd vote Heath Ledger, honestly. I'm not that familiar with the Joker in general, but Leto just comes off as too young and modern for it. Not bad, just strangely modern, compared to what I'd imagine seeing the Joker as. Might just be my opinion, though.