Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Awesome Sauce

Should There be an individual Release of Birth By Sleep 0.2?

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there should be an individual/digital release of BBS 0.2?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Not Interested

Heya. This is a question that's been on my mind for a while, and I wanted to see what others think. I would be on board for an individual release for 0.2, but at the same time not really. IMO, it would be a good option for those that don't want to throw 60$ for what is basically a demo, a remaster and a movie, but then it would be pointless since for some 0.2 is the reason to get 2.8. I would probably go for a digital release and have it go for either 20 or 30$.

Anyways, what the title says. 

Its not necessary,even if you already played KH3D,if you enjoy it this remaster is worth a second playthough for the 60fps and the big screen and there's the KHX content as well and paying for what's basically a demo is kinda ridiculous

0.2 seems to be the highlight of the collection for most people, so I can understand the sentiment to just get that individually, but I feel like some have said already, it's too small a game to just sell on its own.

Personally I'll be looking forward to all three installments in the collection. Back Cover really grabbed my attention with that last trailer, and I've been meaning to replay KH3D for a while now, so I'm happy haha. 

​If they were going to do that then I'd say (since it's SE) that's they'd sell it for $40 for being an incomplete game. Maybe they'll do an individual release of the BBS V.02 after the official release like they did with the FFXV mission when selling FF Type-0. But I think it's a better deal and business decision to keep it as is. They're giving a fully remastered KH 3D with some additional features which could easily be sold for $40 as well. The only reason why they made 2.8 a full $60 compared to 1.5/2.5 is because they are adding new playable content.

Plus, imo this serves as testing grounds for the new engine for KH III. They can get feedback from the player base to see what they like, didn't like and apply changes to KH III as needed. (As well as making a little money on the side. :P

But I see what you mean, and I'd be cool they release it as an individual piece some time after 2.8 is released.

Nah, I prefer that 0.2 stays with 2.8 just the way it is, ya know?  It's a game that's probably three hours long, at most, so I prefer it remains bundled with 2.8! And besides, I'm greatly looking forward to Back Cover and Dream Drop Distance HD, so I'm happy for all three titles in this collection! :D