Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jake

Music Utada Hikaru's new album title "Fantôme" revealed with track listing - releasing September 28, 2016

Many fans have been anticipating the release of the new album by Utada Hikaru, singer of the opening songs in the Kingdom Hearts series. This album, releasing on September 28th, now has an official title: "Fantôme", which means "ghost" in French. The title, along with the track listing, was revealed on Utada Hikaru's official website.

You can check out the official album cover, along with the revealed track listing, below.

news_160809.jpg

1: Michi
2: Ore No Kanojo
3:Hanataba Wo Kimini
4: Nijikan Dake No Vacance
5: Ningyo
6: Tomodachi
7: Manatsu No Tooriame
8: Kouya No Ookami
9: Boukyaku
10: Jinsei Saikou No Hi
11: Sakura Nagashi

The album will be 3,000 yen (roughly $29.27 USD) + tax.

Click here to view the article

Edited by Jake

One of the songs is called Tomodachi. Utada Hikaru for Tomodachi Life confirmed. Nah i'm just kidding. I know it means Friend in Japanese.

I don't think there's a KH3 Song in this unless it's not in this album.

Edited by MarieltheKeybasHGirl

This isn't meant to be negative, I'm literally just curious: What makes something newsworthy for KH13 to report on?

This new album (and the name) have absolutely NOTHING to do with the Kingdom Hearts series. I know she sung the two main songs of the series, and potentially one of these songs could be for KH3, but there is no connection to warrant this being on a KH news site. If it's allowed to be here, then surely KH13 should report on any time Square releases news on a new game or Disney releases trailers for their animated movies, since both could potentially cameo in a KH game.

Again, not a complaint, just wondering...

This isn't meant to be negative, I'm literally just curious: What makes something newsworthy for KH13 to report on?

This new album (and the name) have absolutely NOTHING to do with the Kingdom Hearts series. I know she sung the two main songs of the series, and potentially one of these songs could be for KH3, but there is no connection to warrant this being on a KH news site. If it's allowed to be here, then surely KH13 should report on any time Square releases news on a new game or Disney releases trailers for their animated movies, since both could potentially cameo in a KH game.

Again, not a complaint, just wondering...

The fact that she's making her return from a huge hiatus, and the fact that KH3 is getting closer makes this a news article. We report on any connections to Kingdom Hearts, and this is included. It may not currently be directly involved with the Kingdom Hearts series, but a connection is certainly there. Plus, we don't know what any of those songs are yet. We will just have to listen to them. For all we know, one of them could be the KH3 opening song. 

The fact that she's making her return from a huge hiatus, and the fact that KH3 is getting closer makes this a news article. We report on any connections to Kingdom Hearts, and this is included. It may not currently be directly involved with the Kingdom Hearts series, but a connection is certainly there. Plus, we don't know what any of those songs are yet. We will just have to listen to them. For all we know, one of them could be the KH3 opening song. 

Right. That's cool and all, and I accept this logic, but then shouldn't this extend to Square and Disney? Final Fantasy XV is coming out next month, and I think Noctis has a fair chance of having a cameo in KH3, so why not report on the game? If we're expecting KH3 for late 2017, then I would say Moana has a decent chance of making it into KH3, why not report on the movie's recent trailer? Hikaru's new album, a Noctis cameo, and a Moana world are in the same gray area of being included in KH3.

Again, not complaining, just why no coverage of Square or Disney stuff that has a LEGIT chance of being in KH3?

And am I going crazy, or did you just change your profile pic? O.o

Right. That's cool and all, and I accept this logic, but then shouldn't this extend to Square and Disney? Final Fantasy XV is coming out next month, and I think Noctis has a fair chance of having a cameo in KH3, so why not report on the game? If we're expecting KH3 for late 2017, then I would say Moana has a decent chance of making it into KH3, why not report on the movie's recent trailer? Hikaru's new album, a Noctis cameo, and a Moana world are in the same gray area of being included in KH3.

Again, not complaining, just why no coverage of Square or Disney stuff that has a LEGIT chance of being in KH3?

Utada has previous connections with the Kingdom Hearts series. Although she hasn't done anything since KH2, she has more of a direct correlation to KH compared to Noctis, or a new Square Enix game.Plus, who's to say all those Disney or Final Fantasy cameos don't appear later in the series? We can't necessarily create speculation articles. I see your point, but... Utada seems to be having more recent, bigger news that can directly correlate to KH than any of the other Square Enix/Disney coverage out there. 

Also, yes, yes I did. :P

Interesting track names xD

1: Michi → Road/Path (I think of Riku)
2: Ore No Kanojo → My Girl (unlikely though...but KH pairing?)
5: Ningyo → Doll/Mermaid depending if written as 'Ningyo' or 'Ninyou' (If it means Doll, I think of Xion)
6: Tomodachi → Friends (This one screams 'SORA')
9: Boukyaku → Oblivion (Indirectly makes me think of a certain castle)
10: Jinsei Saikou No Hi → 'The best day of life'

11: Sakura Nagashi → wasn't this song released a while back?

Consider the following:

Crush 40 is well known for their songs and music made for most of the modern Sonic games. Now since Generations, they haven't really contributed any musical talent towards any Sonic project lately (that we know of). Despite that however, news sites like TSSZ and The Sonic Stadium have been reporting any news revolving around Crush 40's exploits within the last few recent years. Concerts, new albums, tweets that don't directly hint towards anything (or some that do), etc. While none of this so far has confirmed whether or not they are making something for a new Sonic game, they're still worth following because they have contributed a great deal to the franchise's legacy and as such many have become fans of even their non-Sonic affiliated work just because their work in Sonic introduced them to rock and roll at a young age. Even when they aren't directly related to anything Sonic at the moment, they're still very relevant within the community.

The same can be applied for Utada. Even if she isn't confirmed to be making any KH themes, any work she does is still relevant to this fan base, especially since she's been inactive for a while, what with having to take care of her child and whatnot. Even ignoring the fact that she's back in the game might leave the door open for her to make a new song for KH3, the sheer fact that she's making music again is just an overall great thing for fans to hear. Many of us got into her music because of KH, no doubt about that, but her other songs have kept us wanting more whether they're in a game or not. That's why this counts as news.

Utada has previous connections with the Kingdom Hearts series. Although she hasn't done anything since KH2, she has more of a direct correlation to KH compared to Noctis, or a new Square Enix game.Plus, who's to say all those Disney or Final Fantasy cameos don't appear later in the series? We can't necessarily create speculation articles. I see your point, but... Utada seems to be having more recent, bigger news that can directly correlate to KH than any of the other Square Enix/Disney coverage out there. 

Also, yes, yes I did. :P

Okay, I think I see the problem now. I saw it as:

Utada Hikaru has contributed to the series.

Disney has contributed to the series.

Square Enix has contributed to the series.

You see it as:

Moana has not contributed to the series.

Final Fantasy XV has not contributed to the series.

I was viewing Hikaru as a person providing a service, but you see her as a product that can be bought and sold. It makes sense now. Thanks for the clarification! :D

Okay, I think I see the problem now. I saw it as:

Disney has contributed to the series.

Square Enix has contributed to the series.

You see it as:

Moana has not contributed to the series.

Final Fantasy XV has not contributed to the series.

I was viewing Hikaru as a person providing a service, but you see her as a product that can be bought and sold. It makes sense now. Thanks for the clarification! :D

Well, I mean, I do see her as a [amazing] person, but I'm saying that yes, she's contributed to the series, and stuff like FFXV, Moana has not, so no direct correlation can be made from those types of things.