Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
ReverofE

Unpopular Opinions about KH?

Comment what unpopular opinions you have about this series. I'll start...

I only liked Sora in KH1 & hated him in the other games...

Kingdom Hearts sucks

I like the combat system in Chain of Memories

Donald healed me.

Birth by sleep is my least favorite game (I still like it ofc but I just did not enjoy it as much as other people)

I like the story of Kingdom hearts.

I loved Dream Drop Distance

• I love the complexity of the story of the series.

Terra's one of my favourite characters and it's completely understandable why he raged against Xehanort.

Donald never gave me any problems and helped me out most of the time.

I don't mind Atlantica in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Ursula in Kingdom Hearts 1 is easy.

I think Aerith's voice acting is fine in Kingdom Hearts 2. She sounds really sweet.

I don't care if the Disney worlds don't connect to the main story. It doesn't bother me at all.

I enjoyed the Gummi ship gameplay in Kingdom Hearts 1.

Mysterious figure in Birth By Sleep is a fun boss fight. (Annoying? Yes, but it felt fun and after finally beating him, satisfying)

I had no trouble with Young Xehanort in Dream Drop Distance. I'm serious, he gave me no trouble.

I have no problem with Aqua's or Terra's voice acting in BBS. I thought they were great and fit the roles.

I don't hate 100 Acre Wood.

I don't think the Jafar boss battle in Kingdom Hearts 2 is bad.

I love 358/2 days' gameplay.

I love Re:Coded.

I never had problems with the notorious bosses of 358/2 Days, such as Ruler of the Sky and Crimson Prankster. But LeechGrave can **** off.)

Edited by Master Eraqus

I actually wouldn't mind Marvel in the KH series.
A Sora and Riku romantic relationship will never happen.
Drive forms are cool but overrated. I never want to see them again.
Nothing against Willa Holland, but all of Aqua's lines sound dull.
KH2 Atlantica is okay. If you don't like it, it's skippable. If you're doing some kind of 100% run, shut up, because there are worst things you have to do. You big baby...

This is going to take me forever......

The only genuinely good games were 1 and 2.

KH2 was only good because of final mix critical mode since it made you think. The standard version was mindless button mashing and spamming reaction commands.

BBS ruined the legacy of the first two games.

Ventus is one of the worst fictional characters in existence. Imagine a generic shounen anime/manga, Ven is basically a really awful shounen cliche.Imo of course.

He's a whiny incompetent brat who sounds like a broken record. "Terra! Please come back'"

"I want to have friends"

"I wish I could see my friends!"

The only real character developments were Riku and Lea/Axel

Axel/ Lea should have stayed dead. The plot point about nobodies and heartless being killed and then the original returning is just for fan service.

The writing has started to suck so badly since BBS. This unchained chi stuff shouldn't even exist, it's just making things so convoluted for the sake of it. It's not good writing and it's not deep and complex, it's just getting dumb now.

Why do we need the foretellers? Why couldn't we just keep the keyblade war as an ancient tale? It seemed way better that way since it added some mystery.

Xehanort is now connected to the master of masters. Why though? What's the point of connecting Xehanort to every Tom dick and Harry in the franchise?

He's is a walking deus ex machina who can see everything and has apparently planned the future or something.

Ansem SOD was the best villain in the franchise, Sora had a reason to hate him and he actually did bad things. Sora had no reason to kill Xemnas besides 'he's the bad guy' and same goes for Xehanort.

. Theres now a magic book that can bring everything from the future into the past, which is so hax it blows my mind. I can basically rewrite the future to save myself from the keyblade war (the foretellers can) but I won't! They could even time travel, cmon if Ansem knew how to do it I'm sure they know too.

Talking to fanatics in the community is like talking to a brick wall.

"The series isn't convoluted! You just don't understand it! It's too deep for you to comprehend!"

Last one for now;

Sora's saga should have ended at 358 days. The franchise should have done what final fantasy does and change the worlds and characters every game. The franchise would be so much better off.

Edited by Shinobi Bacon and Eggs

Drive forms were only useful for taking the growth abilities

I like the command board mini game

Sora x Riku needs to stop

The only thing i hate about Atlantica in kh2, is swim this way

we were better off not really knowing about Roxas's life in the Organization, nothing in 358 days matters until the end and even those few relevant scenes could be left out

KHX and KHux aren't stupid

Aqua isn't attractive, she's just the only one who is most likely legal

Kairi isn't a damsel in distress, she's Sora's bargaining chip. major difference

I hope Aerith never appears in the main series ever again, scratch that i hope she dies in KHIII

Edit:  Sora doesn't have the right to be the main character. He has Shounen-anime-itis, and is becoming more and more of a garbage character.

Vanitas shouldn't have looked different from Ventus, the fact that he is just evil sora is awesome

Shipping Roxas with either Naminé or Xion is stupid

KH Theorist need to stay quiet until their speculation has no holes in them. if your theory can be shut down with a single statement, nobody wants to hear it

Kingdom Hearts would have been better as a pure FF spin off,  keeping the Disney standard of Friendliness is hold SE back

Re:Com's only problems are the premium cards and how slow the combat becomes 

KH 3 should have been ps4 exclusive.

Edited by Dustin Newton

Terra wasn't as stupid as people make him out to be

Aqua isn't that great of a character, but she has a lot of potential

People nitpick and overanalyze waaaay too much about every aspect of the series, to the point where it's incredibly irritating. The games aren't perfect, but live a little, people. You're only making things worse for yourself.

KH having a lot of backstory and lore is no bad thing. It makes the story continuously interesting.

• I love Days. period.

I like Terra over Ventus and Aqua

Roxas x Axel shipping is irritating (though Neku x Joshua from TWEWY is worse xP)

I like the messed up story, makes it fun

As much as I love Axel, his "death" in KHII already made him a badass. He didn't have to come back.

I don't like KHI as much as everyone else does (I didn't grow up with a Playstation 2). But that doesn't mean that I dislike it.

Don't know if this is unpopular but I despise Pence, Olette, Rai and one-word girl. Especially Pence.

Space Paranoids world sucks. The music is even unbearable.

I don't like Pride Lands, it's a pain to go through. Except for being lion Sora, for his amazing jumping skills.

And finaly, Maleficent's laugh in KHII is really annoying. Her laugh was better in KHI than KHII. Can't remember 3D.

Terra wasn't as stupid as people make him out to be

Aqua isn't that great of a character, but she has a lot of potential

People nitpick and overanalyze waaaay too much about every aspect of the series, to the point where it's incredibly irritating. The games aren't perfect, but live a little, people. You're only making things worse for yourself.

KH having a lot of backstory and lore is no bad thing. It makes the story continuously interesting.

Bravo sir, just... bravo.

http://i.imgur.com/NY5OPT1.gif

KH II is better than KH I.

I like Dream Drop Distance better than Re: Coded (probably because DDD was the first Kingdom Hearts game I played).

I actually found Atlantica to be enjoyable (aside from Swim this Way) and want it to return in future Kingdom Hearts games and include characters and story elements from the sequel (no, I'm serious). As a non-musical, of course, preferably with the surface side explorable.

The lack of connection between the main Kingdom Hearts storyline and the storyline of each Disney world doesn't bother me.

I don't understand the hype for a Treasure Planet-based world in Kingdom Hearts III (personally, I'd rather see Port Royal returning).

I have more issues with the fanbase's own opinions than with the actual series, so I'll just ramble on about those:

- Any sense of symbolism or mysticism introduced in the series is lost on people who wouldn't know what either were if it smacked them in the face. The series as a whole continues to thrive off symbolism and mysticism even up to now and barely half of the fans seem to get that because they're too butthurt about time travel.

- Comparing any character to one from an shounen manga is the most half-assed comparison you could possibly make and shows how little you actually know about characterization.

- In the same vein as the last one: being optimistic and hopeful does not make you stupid or a "generic shounen protagonist", and stripping someone of all character in general does not make you smarter or interesting either.

- Nomura jokes, for the most part, are bland, repetitive and uninspired. Either make one that's actually funny or let the man be.

- Death is not a complete consequence in this universe. Get over it. There are other ways to spawn conflict or drama.

- Having one antagonist be more important than another antagonist does not devalue the first antagonist. There's a thing called "chain of command" that goes on in those types of partnerships, you see it all the time. Also, one can easily be a placeholder for another. That's called "subverting expectations". 

- A protagonist who is shown angsting more than another protagonist is not more developed than the second protagonist. There are different ways that people are able to change and adapt.

Most of these didn't go into specifics, but I'm sure you can get the gist of what I'm trying to say.

And, to be fair to the OP, I'll share a few ones I have about the games too:

- KH1 has a mediocre story and the games following continued to show further and further improvement to the storyline as a whole.

- If you couldn't tell already: KH1 Sora is a beige block of blandness and only got better with the games that followed too.

- BBS is overhated. It's a tragedy. Not everybody is going to do the things you want them to do.

- Aqua is meh. People like Ventus, Terra, and even Eraqus are far more interesting and complex.

- COM and KH2 have the best written stories of the franchise so far.

- ~X~ doesn't interest me gameplay wise, but if it has lore to share, I see no reason why to be a little interested in it for that reason alone.

- And finally: Xehanort is an excellent villain who doesn't get enough credit for how cerebral he really is.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

-Days had decent gameplay and graphics for being on the DS

-COM's gameplay was frustrating.

-I dislike how all of the important plot points are shown at the end.

-I don't think the plot is as confusing as it is made out to be.

-Organization XIII aren't evil, but rather misguided.

-Kingdom Hearts 2 is slightly overrated.

-I like Atlantica in KH1 and 2,its not the best world of course but its a nice change of pace.

-Pooh's world is great,its also a nice change of pace

-I woundn't mind to have Star Wars,Marvel or Pixar in KH3

-The Disney worlds are filler content to me,I play Kingdom Hearts for the original content and the Final Fantasy cameos.

-358/2 Days was very enjoyable to watch in the 1.5 cutscenes,there is a lot of ice cream scenes in twilight town sure,but the were still great because of the dialogs.

Edited by Isaix

-Days is not trash, it is one of my favorites even though I will admit it has problems

-Atlantica wasn't awful (I see the hate flowing as I type this)

-Halloween Town was one of my least favorites

-Plastic looking Sora? Seriously?! It looks amazing!

-The opening to KH2 helped me understand a little

-I enjoyed the Tron worlds (a lot, although I'm a Tron fanboy) however the lightcycle sections were annoying

-Winnie the Pooh is a nice addition

-I didn't like all of Hollow Bastian in KH1 (I mean the story was great, but some of the areas were kind of generic)

I'm not nitpicking, I'm simply stating my opinion...that is all...for now anyways

- I love Days!  If it weren't for that game, I don't think I would have ever gotten into KH

- DDD is my favorite KH game

- I actually like Unchained X, although I do think that that and Chi shouldn't have a part in the main story

- I don't adore II as much as everyone else.  I do like the game and the story, but not as much as the others

- I don't find KH's plot to be that confusing

- I like Xion, Saix, Larxene, Leaxeus, and Vexen

- I like Terra.  In fact, I think he's my favorite of the BbS trio.  Also, I don't find his English VA to be that bad

- I'm pretty neutral towards Aqua.  While she's one of the prettiest female characters in anything I've read/played/watched, she's rather dull compared to Terra and Ven.  I kinda feel like she's just a glorified babysitter; plus, she's just as biased as Eraqus when it comes to the whole light vs dark thing, and everyone seems to hate Eraqus for that.  So why does Aqua get away with it?

- I don't like Kairi.  I find her to be a bit of a Mary Sue (even though that term's so overused)

- I don't like Sora x Kairi

- I like Sora's stupidity in DDD

- I didn't have that bad of time fighting YX in DDD, which is surprising cause I'm not that good with KH

- I also didn't have that hard of time with Atlantica in I, like so many others say they do

This is a pretty tough question since it's hard to determine what you'd consider "unpopular"; the fanbase seems pretty evenly divided in two categories: one that hates the handhelds, and one that loves the handhelds. That being said, I do have a few:

-CoM is undoubtedly the second best KH game ever made (KH2FM being the first). Not ReCoM, CoM on the GBA.

-Days story sucks. The only positive parts is the way they developed the friendship of Roxas, Axel, and Xion, which all other games should take note of. Otherwise, the game's story is really bland and doesn't contribute much. Basically a letdown; there was so much potential behind it but it just didn't live up. Kind of a shame. Imagine what potential it could've had; the Organization, their backstories, their inner operations, all these juicy details that could reveal so much about these villains; instead, we just get a day-by-day repetitive play of the three "friends" sitting on a clock tower eating ice cream.

-KH2, although my favorite, is not as perfect as people make it out to be.

-KH1 has, by far, the best story in the series (not sure if this is unpopular tho)

-BBS trio is the most boring trio in the entire series (once again, not sure if this is unpopular). This kind of contributes to the reasons as why I dislike its story, since they establish such a weak relationship between the three then attempts you to get sad about them meeting tragic ends. News flash: if you don't care about the characters, you won't get sad when they meet tragic ends.

-Summons in KH2 are insanely useful; perhaps even more so than Drives, Limits, and Magic (you might say this isn't an unpopular opinion, but you'd be surprised at the number of ignorant comments I see everywhere about Summons being useless.)

Drive forms were only useful for taking the growth abilities

This triggered me for some reason. Like I get that it's an opinion thing and all that, but saying something like that is straight up....wrong.

I think it would've made more sense if you added an "I never found Drive forms useful except for taking the growth abilities", since Drives are without a doubt one of the most useful options you had in the game. If you never found a use for any of the drive forms, that's on you. Not everyone.

Edited by thatkingdomheartsguy

KH1 has, by far, the best story in the series (not sure if this is unpopular tho)

If you have to ask if it's not unpopular, then it's most likely not unpopular.

Case in point:

KH1 has a mediocre story and the games following continued to show further and further improvement to the storyline as a whole.

Well damn I didn't know we could comment multiple aspects (not that there is anything wrong with that). Anyway here is some more of my unpopulars...

• I loved Axel ONLY in CoM. I really didn't like him in the other games. I also agree with the whole "staying dead ideology." Even though most KH character don't really "die."
  • DiZ/Ansem the Wise is one of my favorite characters.
  • KH2 never felt like a "sequel" to me.
  • I prefer Sora's gameplay in CoM to Riku's. But I enjoyed Riku's plot in that game more.
  • Days was the worst KH game to me. Replaying most KH games is fun. Replaying Days is grunt work, feels like an endurance test, and overall is just boring.  
  • KH1FM > KH2FM
  • Eraqus was WAY more of an idiot/naive to me than Terra ever was.

KH1 is the most poorly designed game in the series.

COM on GBA had the best combat, story, and character development in the franchise.

KH2 had superior level design to KH1.

BBS is mediocre.

None of the DS or 3DS spinoffs were good.

Edited by bjshepp