Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Soravids

Anime | Manga What are some good animes to watch?

Hello good people of KH13! I've been watching a lot of anime lately, and would like your recommendations for some new anime.

Some of my favorite anime are:

Inuyasha

Rurouni Kenshin

Black Cat

Attack on Titan

Naruto franchise

Claymore

Sword Art Online 1 & 2

Full Metal Panic franchise

Vampire Knight 1 & 2

I heavily prefer dub, but can deal with sub if it's a really good anime.

- One Piece! For obvious reasons xD But it's really amazing.

- Hunter x Hunter (2011). I watched it last year and liked it quite a lot. Definietely one of my favorite anime now. But as far as I know it hasn't been dubbed yet, tho I think that's planned.

-Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Haven't watched that one yet, but several people recommended it to me, and I will watch it soon.

Cowboy Bebop - really good dub

Code Geass - iirc the dub is good but I watched it subbed myself lol

Kill la Kill - haven't watched yet, idk about dub vs sub, but iirc music is by guy who did music for Attack on Titan, so yeh

If you're willing to put in the time Bleach/One Piece/Fairy Tail. Idk how they sound though lol

Felixx is right about FMA Brotherhood. The original series ain't bad either from what I watched, but Brotherhood follows the manga so yeah

Cowboy Bebop

Fullmetal Alchemist (watch both versions)

Steins;Gate if you're into time travel and heavy plot twists

One Punch Man

Durarara!!

All have amazing dubs (not sure about One Punch Man since I've only read the manga so far). Especially Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist imo

Hunter X Hunter (2011) - though only about 14 episodes are dubbed since it's currently airing on toonami.

My Hero Academia - Brand new and dub is perfect.

Fate/Zero - i never watched the dub so idk but it's a great anime

Erased - dont know if it's dubbed, fantastic though and brand new

Eureka Seven / Eureka Seven AO - watch them both, love both dubs and anime

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, dont watch the original version watch Brotherhood first and if you want more than watch the original. Has a great dub.

Death Note - great dub

Code Geass - Horrific dub

Beyond the Boundary - never watched the dub

You cannot go wrong with any of these though a warning, Code Geass does have 2 scenes with upper body female nudity  but i think theyre edited out in the dubbed version.

Psycho-Pass (It's dubbed!)

Set in 2112. The Sibyl System is actively measuring the populace's mental states, personalities, and the probability that individuals will commit crimes, using a "cymatic scan" of the brain. The resulting assessment is called a Psycho-Pass. When the probability of a person engaging in crimes measured by the Crime Coefficient index exceeds a certain level in an individual, he or she is pursued, apprehended, and killed if necessary. The plot follows a new investigator as she begins to solve crimes, and find out just how the system works.

psycho_pass_wallpaper_by_fednan-d80f8el.

Mononoke (It's NOT dubbed!)

Follows the character only known as the Medicine Seller as he travels to help people solve problems with mischievous and dangerous spiritual beings known as Mononoke. Each episode is a different problem and a different mononoke to deal with.
Mononoke.full.44184.jpg

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubō no Shichinin (also simply known as Rainbow: The Criminal Seven) (It's NOT dubbed!)

Set in the 1950s, the story centers around six junior delinquents and their mentor at the Shōnan Special Reform School near Tokyo. The story follows them in their years in the facility, their struggles, and their lives as they grow into adulthood.

Rainbow-Nisha-Rokubou-no-Shichinin.jpg

Death Parade  (It's dubbed!)

Whenever two people on Earth die at the same time, they are sent to one of many mysterious bars run by bartenders serving as arbiters. There, they must participate in Death Games with their lives on the line, the results of which reveal what secrets led them to their situation and what their fate will be afterwards, with the arbiters judging if their souls will either be sent for reincarnation or banished into the void. The series follows Decim, the lone bartender of the Quindecim bar, whose role in judging these souls changes when he meets a curious black-haired woman.

676633.png

Tiger & Bunny (It's dubbed!)

The series takes place in Stern Bild City, where 45 years before, superpowered individuals known as "NEXT" started appearing and some of them became superheroes. Each of the city's most famous superheroes work for a sponsor company and their uniforms also contain advertising for real-life companies. Their heroic activity is broadcast on the popular television show "Hero TV", where they accumulate points for each heroic feat accomplished (arresting criminals or saving civilians, for example) and the best ranked hero of the season is crowned "King of Heroes". The story mainly focuses on veteran hero Kotetsu T. Kaburagi aka Wild Tiger who is assigned a new partner, a young man named Barnaby Brooks Jr.
227770.jpg

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (It's dubbed!)

The story takes place in the far future of the 51st Century, during the year 5053. While visiting Luna for the festival, Viscount Albert de Morcerf and Baron Franz d'Épinay make the acquaintance of the Count of Monte Cristo, a self-made nobleman. When they part, the Count promises to visit Albert in Paris. After he arrives, everything starts to fall apart as the count's plan begin to take action.

3456789abcdefghijklmno_k42586y.jpg

Darker Than Black (It's dubbed!)

Ten years ago, a mysterious spatial anomaly now known as "God's Gate" appeared in South America, shortly followed by the opening of "Hell's Gate" in Tokyo altering the sky and wreaking havoc on the landscape. The real stars disappeared, replaced by false stars. During this time, people possessing various special abilities—called "Contractors"—emerged, each capable of different supernatural feats. Each Contractor has a corresponding fake star, which reacts to their activities. The story revolves around a Chinese contractor codenamed "Hei" as he undertakes various espionage and assassination missions in Tokyo

key_art_darker_than_black.jpg

Ajin: Demi-Human (It's dubbed!)

Ajin are immortal beings that can never die. After finding out that he's one of them, he becomes a wanted person by the government. The story follows him as he meets other Ajin, and tries to survive from the Government that wants him for experiment purposes.

ajin-demi-human.jpg

*Ahem*

Fairy Tail (freaking addictive!!)
Bleach (If you like Naruto, you'll like Bleach)
Ouran High School Host Club (<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3)
Hellsing (Nazi vampires, Also, a real fvcking vampire. xD)
Sailor Moon Crystal (Season 1, its a lot better than it sounds)
Soul Eater (Epic)
Full Metal Alchemist (Amazing, one of the more unique anime shows out there. Though it does lean slightly toward anti-religion, its still a VERY good moral story.) 

Ace Attorney

AKB0048

Angel Beats!

Another

Blood Lad

C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control

Gosick

K-Project

Soul Eater

Cowboy Bebop - really good dub

Code Geass - iirc the dub is good but I watched it subbed myself lol

Kill la Kill - haven't watched yet, idk about dub vs sub, but iirc music is by guy who did music for Attack on Titan, so yeh

If you're willing to put in the time Bleach/One Piece/Fairy Tail. Idk how they sound though lol

Felixx is right about FMA Brotherhood. The original series ain't bad either from what I watched, but Brotherhood follows the manga so yeah

The Kill la Kill dub is actually pretty good.

MFW I see that effing Titan anime;

drake-hotline-bling-jacket-moncler-1-00.

If you like it though, that's cool.

In all seriousness though, here's some of my recommendations. I warn you though they're not gonna be as intense or anything like that compared to the other suggestions xD

Ojamajo DoReMi:

It's a super cute anime about a girl named Doremi who discovers a witch. The witch ends up turning into a frog for being discovered by a human, so Doremi ends up having to become a witch apprentice so she can learn to become a real witch so she can change her mentor back into a person. Her friends ends up joining too along the way. It's really awesome and not many people know about it, so I completely recommend it. There is a dub on it called Magical DoReMi but it's dubbed by 4kids so I doubt you'll enjoy it. Plus quite a few things are changed in the dub so the sub is really good. Only the first season got dubbed anyway. Not only that, after the first season the show gets REALLY good. Although aiming for an audience for younger kids, Ojamajo Doremi actually deals with quite a bit of serious themes at times and every character is built upon each episode. It's really a hidden gem.

Pretty Cure- now I haven't actually watched this show but from what I've seen is pretty cool. Each season basically takes place in a different universe, so each season has a different plot and characters. The series generally revolve around a group of heroines called Pretty Cures who fight dark entities. It has action and dark themes at times from what I've noticed. I recommend starting at the more recent seasons such as Suite! Pretty Cure and maybe even Happiness Charge Pretty Cure. Mostly no dub. The only two seasons that got a dub sucks.

Shugo Chara- another hidden gem. It's a series revolving around a girl named Amu who struggles to understand and be herself. Upon whishing she could be who she really is, she ends up getting three eggs. These eggs give birth to 'Charas' magical beings who are basically a guide to help their owners be who they truly are. Sounds corny and stupid, but it's actually a really awesome anime and it has an awesome amount of action not to mention some dark themes. The characters are sweet and there's a good amount of interesting surprises along the way. No dub though sadly.

Madoka Magica- I haven't seen this anime, although from what I've seen I think you'll like it. It's very dark and has an extremely unique art style. It's pretty freaky though but you'll like it. From what I heard, it's about a girl named Madoka who travels through different timelines to find her friend, who I guess is being attacked by witches? The main enemy from what I understand is witches and they sell their souls and stuff. The art style though is very interesting so I recommend watching a video on it. I have no clue if it has a dub.

That's basically it, everything else was suggested already. If anything, I say just search on YouTube for transformations of all the series I suggested. It'll give you an idea and pike your interest.

Also a few more bonus suggestions:

Gakurenbo- it's not a series but a short anime about a group of kids who plays hide and seek in an abandoned city. They end up getting hunted by demons. Perfect anime to watch for Halloween. It's a half an hour long and you can easily find on YouTube. There is a dub as well.

Summer Wars- an anime movie that's basically Digimon for adults. Mainly about a mod of an online game called Oz who I believes goes to his girlfriend's house for the summer? I forgot exactly what happens but there's a virus in the game and the game actually is connected to every single piece of technology in the world so the virus causes absolute havoc. The mod along with other people in the house have to use their avatars to fight the virus. Awesome movie, a hidden gem. There's so many badass characters too and like I said- Digimon for adults. Has an awesome dub

Panty and Stocking: crazy comedy action anime about sisters who were kicked out of heaven. In order to get back into heaven, the Angels have to fight demons. Cool art style, great concept, hilarious. It has a ton of sexual jokes though and themes so that might be something you wouldn't want to watch. About 12 episodes as well. This also has an awesome dub

High School of the Dead- anime on the zombie apocalypse. It's about 12 episodes and what you'd expect from an anime about the zombie apocalypse. There is a bunch of stupid parts though, including endless boob shot which is honestly stupid. Has a sweet dub.

Pokemon Origins- a Pokemon anime we'd all love. Based on Pokemon Adventures and has an amazing dub. Perfect for older Pokemon fans, new to the series or otherwise. A few episodes long.

Hetalia- one of my favorites, it's an anime with five minute long episodes. It's very funny. Hetalia is about personified versions of countries and their history told in a surprising accurate nutshell. Extremely funny although it has many steriotypes so beware. The dub is amazing as well.

Psycho-Pass (It's dubbed!)

Set in 2112. The Sibyl System is actively measuring the populace's mental states, personalities, and the probability that individuals will commit crimes, using a "cymatic scan" of the brain. The resulting assessment is called a Psycho-Pass. When the probability of a person engaging in crimes measured by the Crime Coefficient index exceeds a certain level in an individual, he or she is pursued, apprehended, and killed if necessary. The plot follows a new investigator as she begins to solve crimes, and find out just how the system works.

psycho_pass_wallpaper_by_fednan-d80f8el.

Mononoke (It's NOT dubbed!)

Follows the character only known as the Medicine Seller as he travels to help people solve problems with mischievous and dangerous spiritual beings known as Mononoke. Each episode is a different problem and a different mononoke to deal with.

Mononoke.full.44184.jpg

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubō no Shichinin (also simply known as Rainbow: The Criminal Seven) (It's NOT dubbed!)

Set in the 1950s, the story centers around six junior delinquents and their mentor at the Shōnan Special Reform School near Tokyo. The story follows them in their years in the facility, their struggles, and their lives as they grow into adulthood.

Death Parade (It's dubbed!)

Whenever two people on Earth die at the same time, they are sent to one of many mysterious bars run by bartenders serving as arbiters. There, they must participate in Death Games with their lives on the line, the results of which reveal what secrets led them to their situation and what their fate will be afterwards, with the arbiters judging if their souls will either be sent for reincarnation or banished into the void. The series follows Decim, the lone bartender of the Quindecim bar, whose role in judging these souls changes when he meets a curious black-haired woman.

676633.png

Tiger & Bunny (It's dubbed!)

The series takes place in Stern Bild City, where 45 years before, superpowered individuals known as "NEXT" started appearing and some of them became superheroes. Each of the city's most famous superheroes work for a sponsor company and their uniforms also contain advertising for real-life companies. Their heroic activity is broadcast on the popular television show "Hero TV", where they accumulate points for each heroic feat accomplished (arresting criminals or saving civilians, for example) and the best ranked hero of the season is crowned "King of Heroes". The story mainly focuses on veteran hero Kotetsu T. Kaburagi aka Wild Tiger who is assigned a new partner, a young man named Barnaby Brooks Jr.

227770.jpg

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (It's dubbed!)

The story takes place in the far future of the 51st Century, during the year 5053. While visiting Luna for the festival, Viscount Albert de Morcerf and Baron Franz d'Épinay make the acquaintance of the Count of Monte Cristo, a self-made nobleman. When they part, the Count promises to visit Albert in Paris. After he arrives, everything starts to fall apart as the count's plan begin to take action.

3456789abcdefghijklmno_k42586y.jpg

Darker Than Black (It's dubbed!)

Ten years ago, a mysterious spatial anomaly now known as "God's Gate" appeared in South America, shortly followed by the opening of "Hell's Gate" in Tokyo altering the sky and wreaking havoc on the landscape. The real stars disappeared, replaced by false stars. During this time, people possessing various special abilities—called "Contractors"—emerged, each capable of different supernatural feats. Each Contractor has a corresponding fake star, which reacts to their activities. The story revolves around a Chinese contractor codenamed "Hei" as he undertakes various espionage and assassination missions in Tokyo

key_art_darker_than_black.jpg

Ajin: Demi-Human (It's dubbed!)

Ajin are immortal beings that can never die. After finding out that he's one of them, he becomes a wanted person by the government. The story follows him as he meets other Ajin, and tries to survive from the Government that wants him for experiment purposes.

ajin-demi-human.jpg

Omg Mononoke sounds awesome! Is it violent by any chance? Lately I've been avoiding very violent gory anime. Edited by Aqua7KH

Hello good people of KH13! I've been watching a lot of anime lately, and would like your recommendations for some new anime.

Inuyasha

Rurouni Kenshin

Black Cat

Attack on Titan

Naruto franchise

Claymore

Sword Art Online 1 & 2

Vampire Knight 1 & 2

Fate Zero

Puella Magi Magoka Magica

Psycho Pass season 1 and Psycho Pass The movie

My Hero Academia

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

One Punch Man

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Gurren Lagann

Cowboy Bebop 

Outlaw Star

Hunter x Hunter (2011)

MONSTER

Code Geass

Death Note

Sakamoto Desu Ga

Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ga(Is This a zombie?)

Soul Eater

Berserk

Edited by Smash Mega Koopa

I haven't been following current anime lately, but I can recommend some :

- yu yu hakusho

- jigoku shoujo

- mahou sensei negima

- tokyo magnitude 8.0

- kimi ni todoke

- lovely complex

- cardcaptor sakura

- durarara!!

- fairy tail

- k-on

- Another

- gakkou no kaidan (ghost at school)

- detective kindaichi

- detective school Q

- detective conan (case closed)

- special A

- XXXHolic

- shakugan no shana

- nurarihyon no mago

If you're into anime with the feels, then I suggest Your Lie in April! It's a pretty solid new-ish anime with 22 episodes. It's about music, such as piano and violin competitions as well as middle to high school lifestyle. It definitely made me appreciate music more and gave me so much feels :D One of the top anime for me for sure!

My other favorite anime are:

One Piece

Fairy Tail

Blue Exorcist

Angel Beats

Zero no Tsukaima

Anohana

Erased

Steins Gate

Seven Deadly Sins

Edited by Totodilee

676633.png

One Punch Man

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Gurren Lagann

MONSTER

I strongly agree with these as well, Prisoners and Death Parade were really depressing.

I also forgot Xam'd: lost Memories and Kyousogiga.

Also i know these arent anime but if you havent watched Avatar and Korra get to it, there are 113 episodes (61 & 52) waiting for you.

676633.png

One Punch Man

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Gurren Lagann

MONSTER

Strongly agree with these as well, Prisoners and Death Parade are depressing.

Also forgot Xam'd and Kyousogiga

also even though they arent actually anime watch Avatar and Korra if you havent there's 113 episodes combined.

Inuyasha

Rurouni Kenshin

Black Cat

Attack on Titan

Naruto franchise

Claymore

Sword Art Online 1 & 2

Vampire Knight 1 & 2

Welp, you've already seen the best :P Haha.

Hmm. I don't really watch dubbed so I cannot recommend based on that, but Steins;Gate, Ghost in the Shell, Erased, FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, Noragami and Psycho Pass to name a few. I think Erased might be the only one to not be dubbed as it's quite new (but I could be totally wrong!).

Edited by KHSoraKeyBlade

Tales of Zestiria the x

Danganropa 3(though I heavily recommend that you play the dr1 and 2 before watching the anime. The anime has two arcs, the depair arc and the future arc. The future arc takes place after dr2 and the despair arc takes places before the games. if you don't play the game games first, you'll get spoiled if you watch the anime)

Akame ga kill (to me, it's a heavily underrated anime) 

Omg Mononoke sounds awesome! Is it violent by any chance? Lately I've been avoiding very violent gory anime.

It's not gory. It has some dark themes (murder, death, etc.) but it doesn't have any gore. All I can warn is that the animation is very unique.

Inuyasha

Rurouni Kenshin

Black Cat

Attack on Titan

Naruto franchise

Claymore

Sword Art Online 1 & 2

Vampire Knight 1 & 2

DUDE, INUYASHA!!!!  THAT'S MY FAVORITE ANIME OF ALL TIME!!! :')

So then, anime recommendations, eh?  Hmm, well, I've watched quite a few, but to not make an exaggerate list, I'll recommend you five!

Fairy Tail: My second favorite anime series after Inuyasha!  Fairy Tail is about wizards, and their magical kingdom of Fiore!  The wizards have different guilds and do different jobs for people!  The anime is worth checking out!  The dub is amazing, the animation and music are epic, and overall, it's one of those anime series you just can't resist!  So yeah, watch that one if you can! :D

Your Lie In April: You've probably heard about this one from friends or just from random people!  Trust me, it's good!  THE FEELS ARE STRONG IN THIS ONE! So basically, it's about Kousei Arima, a piano prodigy with great skill that has something terrible happen to him that makes him unwilling to play again, ya know?  Then this girl comes into his life and gives him a wake-up call! (A brutal, heart wrenching wake up call, in fact...) Definitely watch it! :D

Gurren Lagann: This one is epic, and it's also a favorite of mine!  It's about humans that have been living underground for a long time, because the Beastmen have taken over and are the dominant species!  But when two friends, Simone and Kamina, find a robotic head, they find a way to fight back against the Beastmen! This one has action, feels, and epicness written all over it!  Not to mention some memorable quotes!  Check this one out!

Seraph Of The End: Think Attack On Titan, but instead of titans, it's vampires!  And no, the vampires aren't whiny...they're actually pretty damn scary!  Basically, this anime is about a boy named Yuichiro, who, after a terrible incident, vows to destroy all vampires!  It's an awesome anime, and the unique art style definitely resonated with me!  A great anime, and I hope it continues, cuz the second season ended on a cliffhanger! D:

Death Parade: Feels...feels everywhere! X_X  This anime makes you question death and what comes after, and it's a very unique anime that'll make you ponder on life! It's truly a unique piece of art!  I dare not say anything more, for I may end up spoiling something!

But yeah, those are five anime I strongly recommend you watch! :D

I haven't seen these recommended yet so I'll just throw them out there  xD (I do watch subbed though so if these aren't dubbed I apologize!) I won't go into too much detail about these but they're all good.

Snow White with the Red Hair: Romance/Adventure story, pretty cute and calm.

Free! Iwatobi Swim Club: Slice of life swim team anime, lots of bromance and just a fun anime (Though the second season gets a bit emotional xP )

Magi: Labyrinth of Magic: Adventure anime with magic and a neat story.

Pandora Hearts: Darker story, the manga is way superior but the anime isn't terrible if you don't like manga. I still enjoyed it.

Natsume Yuujinchou: Really underrated, calmer story about a boy who can see spirits. Actually fantastic.

Tonari no Seki-kun: Anime shorts about a schoolgirl and her mischievous classmate, great for if you want a laugh.

The Devil's a Part-Timer: Action/Comedy that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Haikyuu!!: Another slice of life sports anime, again full of bromance and fun.

Others have already recommended some of my favourites like Ouran High School Host Club and My Hero Academia, so I won't keep going. Hopefully you can find a new anime you enjoy soon!

You have gained a million points for liking Monster xD

Hunter x Hunter 2011-Arguably the best battle shounen along with Yu Yu Hakusho. There's this 12 yr old kid who's father is this famous hunter (mercenary) that abandoned him at birth. So the boy goes around the world looking for his dad basically. He meets all these different people and makes new friends and fights all these different villains! It's an epic adventure.

Yu Yu Hakusho, it's a 90s shounen battle manga but all the friendship power up rubbish and cliche stuff is taken out. It's about a kid who goes around hunting demons and protecting the living world and demon world from evil. Amazing story and character development.

Bleach-Very similar to Yu Yu Hakusho but there are way more fights. The characters are more like Naruto characters with the exception of the main protagonist. One of my favourite shounen xD

I don't recommend the one piece anime since they drag things on way too much and the animation quality is awful after like the 4th arc. Definitely read the manga if you want an epic adventure

Monster-I've read the manga of this but I've only seen like the first 10 episodes. The manga is a masterpiece so I'm sure the anime is too since Madhouse made it :D. A Japanese doctor saves the life a young German boy(he's made to choose between the life of the boy and the life of a mayor) but the boy grows up to be a serial killer. The doctor goes on this big journey to stop the German boy and seek redemption and closure because he feels responsible for what's going on. A lot of stuff about moraility in this one.

Fate Zero

Puella Magi Magoka Magica

Psycho Pass season 1 and Psycho Pass The movie

My Hero Academia

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

One Punch Man

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Gurren Lagann

Cowboy Bebop

Outlaw Star

Hunter x Hunter (2011)

MONSTER

Code Geass

Death Note

Sakamoto Desu Ga

Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ga(Is This a zombie?)

Soul Eater

Berserk

You have gained a million points for liking Monster xD

Yu Yu Hakusho, it's a 90s shounen battle manga but all the friendship power up rubbish and cliche stuff is taken out. It's about a kid who goes around hunting demons and protecting the living world and demon world from evil. Great story and character development.

Bleach-Very similar to Yu Yu Hakusho but there are way more fights. The characters are more like Naruto characters with the exception of the main protagonist. One of my favourite shounen xD

I don't recommend the one piece anime since they drag things on way too much and the animation quality is awful after like the 4th arc. Definitely read the manga if you want an epic adventure

Monster-I've read the manga of this but I've only seen like the first 10 episodes. The manga is a masterpiece so I'm sure the anime is too since Madhouse made it :D. A Japanese doctor saves the life a young German boy(he's made to choose between the life of the boy and the life of a mayor) but the boy grows up to be a serial killer. The doctor goes on this big journey to stop the German boy and seek redemption and closure because he feels responsible for what's going on. A lot of stuff about moraility in this one.

Edited by Shinobi Bacon and Eggs