Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

Could 2.8 get delayed?

This isn't a given, but it could get delayed by a few weeks or days. Pushing it to a Christmas time release window, December 21st or something like that.

I'm saying this because it's been confirmed that Final Fantasy 15 has been delayed until November 29th. And 2.8 was meant to have an early December release. I don't think that 2.8 will stay on the same release day, it will nosedive in sales since it's a given that XV will sell way more. It's bad marketing for kingdom hearts basically.

That being said. There's no reason to freak out if it's a late December release. If it gets pushed to 2017 (2.8) then KH3 isn't coming out next year but I doubt it will happen.

A delay of a few weeks won't matter too much.

I woke up to the news about FFXV - So disappointed in Square for consistently missing deadlines and letting us down. The September 30th release was ideal for me. I am more concerned about FFXV at this point than 2.8 as I actually want a full new game right now. If FFXV is anything to go by, it destroys any faith in KHIII being released next year at all - and that fact has sparked a rage in me that I don't quite no how to deal with... 

If FFXV is getting delayed it's entirely possible that Square is behind schedule in general, so I think it's quite possible for 2.8 to get delayed as well.  On the flipside, I think it is less likely, because there is not as much *brand new* content in 2.8 as there is in FFXV.  There's also the fact that it could be entirely different teams working on the games (though I think a lot of it is the same team?  I could be wrong there), so 2.8 could still come out on time.  In most companies one game being delayed doesn't mean that others will, so it's possible that 2.8 will come out on time, but it's hard to say for sure.

I think it's still so ridiculous that FFXV is getting delayed.  I mean, how can a company as large as Square be unable to keep promises such as deadlines and release dates?  It seems unprofessional to me.

Just because Final Fantasy XV got delayed doesn't mean that KH 2.8 will get delayed. Heck, we still haven't gotten a official release date for it. All they told us was that it will release in Deceomber.

I woke up to the news about FFXV - So disappointed in Square for consistently missing deadlines and letting us down. The September 30th release was ideal for me. I am more concerned about FFXV at this point than 2.8 as I actually want a full new game right now. If FFXV is anything to go by, it destroys any faith in KHIII being released next year at all - and that fact has sparked a rage in me that I don't quite no how to deal with...

Don't get so worried xD. Different directors, different teams and different games. KH3 doesn't have a release so that's different. Let's just focus on 2.8 for now. 15 will be more polished though so I can wait. I had a feeling 3 wouldn't release next year anyway.

Just because Final Fantasy XV got delayed doesn't mean that KH 2.8 will get delayed. Heck, we still haven't gotten a official release date for it. All they told us was that it will release in Deceomber.

It has been specified that 2.8 is an early December release though. And FF15 is a late November/early December release now.

If FFXV is getting delayed it's entirely possible that Square is behind schedule in general, so I think it's quite possible for 2.8 to get delayed as well.  On the flipside, I think it is less likely, because there is not as much *brand new* content in 2.8 as there is in FFXV.  There's also the fact that it could be entirely different teams working on the games (though I think a lot of it is the same team?  I could be wrong there), so 2.8 could still come out on time.  In most companies one game being delayed doesn't mean that others will, so it's possible that 2.8 will come out on time, but it's hard to say for sure.

I think it's still so ridiculous that FFXV is getting delayed.  I mean, how can a company as large as Square be unable to keep promises such as deadlines and release dates?  It seems unprofessional to me.

It sucks I know. But there are plenty of other games out there for now.

In honesty I had no faith that the game would be running at 30 fps by the time of the original release. It's too demanding for an Xbox one and a PS4.

looks like they kept that December release date vague for a reason lol

personally i'm not too worried about FFXV or 2.8. 

at this point i'd say FFXV would probably benefit from having more time spent on it. i don't think anyone would want such a large and ambitious game to release and turn out feeling unfinished. it would just sting those that have been waiting years for it.

as for 2.8 i'm barely invested in it. Gravity Rush 2 comes out in December anyways so if the release date is move then i'll at least have a backup plan.

not expecting 2.8 to sell amazingly anyways. 

the gernal audience wont  buy 2.8  only the the fans of the series will buy it the general audieice only care about kingdom hearts 3 so no i dont think there going to be delay for 2.8 plus nomura already stated he want to show the kh3 info along with 2.8 release

Don't get so worried xD. Different directors, different teams and different games. KH3 doesn't have a release so that's different. Let's just focus on 2.8 for now. 15 will be more polished though so I can wait. I had a feeling 3 wouldn't release next year anyway.

It has been specified that 2.8 is an early December release though. And FF15 is a late November/early December release now.

It sucks I know. But there are plenty of other games out there for now.

In honesty I had no faith that the game would be running at 30 fps by the time of the original release. It's too demanding for an Xbox one and a PS4.

But we still don't have a official release. So I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

Regardless if it will delay or not, I doubt 2.8 will sell that much anyway.

But I don't think so...although it would be amusing if it does get delayed, since, IIRC, they did reveal the release window at the end of a trailer on an event.

Not as amusing as to delay a game which got a whole event just for the release date xD That's an epic fail.

Anyway I hope it won't get delayed, cause I really wanna play this game(s). And the sales for 2.8 won't be that great either way I think, at least nothing compared to KH3 later on.

Not as amusing as to delay a game which got a whole event just for the release date xD That's an epic fail.

Anyway I hope it won't get delayed, cause I really wanna play this game(s). And the sales for 2.8 won't be that great either way I think, at least nothing compared to KH3 later on.

I know. This is pretty amusing.

Even more so considering the 'fake' release date at said event.

That was one day too late.

the gernal audience wont  buy 2.8  only the the fans of the series will buy it the general audieice only care about kingdom hearts 3 so no i dont think there going to be delay for 2.8 plus nomura already stated he want to show the kh3 info along with 2.8 release

Yeah true it isn't confirmed that it will be released early December.

But now FFXV is delayed it doesn't matter anymore when the West release will appear.

Edited by KH4Real

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Kh3 will sell quite a lot but I don't think 2.8 won't sell as much as the remixes. KH1 and KH2 were the main reasons to most people for buying the HD remixes since they are classics to most people in and out of the community.

I think 2.8 will get delayed though by a few weeks.

I don't think so but I am a little worried that there are other games coming out close to it then it was when it still had the September 30th release date. When it was still coming out in September the really only big game to compete with it was Persona 5 but that was only coming out in Japan and was coming out like over two weeks before Final Fantasy XV and they wouldn't really effect each other in my opinion. With the new release it has a little more of a competition in South Park and Dead Rising coming out a week later, granted I know those games are really different  but they are big games.  I am disappointed that the reason they are delaying it is so they don't need to have a day one patch so that everyone can play the version they want to release which isn't that bad of an ambition but majority of people who have a PS4 and Xbox One have an internet connection so I feel like this is just a silly excuse. And to release a big RPG game that close to the end of the year isn't that good of an idea in my opinion but I'm still getting it no matter when it's coming out and I think it's still going to be a great game.

People, the sales of Kingdom Hearts 2.8 is going to be fantastic. It's essentially a taster for Kingdom Hearts III, and because Kingdom Hearts Unchained X already has a respectable user base outside Japan, Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover can be welcoming for quite a lot of people.

Sure, it's not going to sell Kingdom Hearts III numbers but it's not supposed to. It's just supposed to be the final HD ReMix package with new content before Kingdom Hearts III. All Square Enix is expecting is for 2.8 to outsell 1.5 and 2.5.

It's a tricky one. The FFXV delay was legitimate, but it makes pushing their other titles out look a bit more ridiculous, if that were to happen. I don't think they'll delay it, personally, since one is basically just a remaster, but still.

This isn't a given, but it could get delayed by a few weeks or days. Pushing it to a Christmas time release window, December 21st or something like that.

I'm saying this because it's been confirmed that Final Fantasy 15 has been delayed until November 29th. And 2.8 was meant to have an early December release. I don't think that 2.8 will stay on the same release day, it will nosedive in sales since it's a given that XV will sell way more. It's bad marketing for kingdom hearts basically.

That being said. There's no reason to freak out if it's a late December release. If it gets pushed to 2017 (2.8) then KH3 isn't coming out next year but I doubt it will happen.

A delay of a few weeks won't matter too much.

Apples to oranges; you can't compare the two since they are being made by two different divisions. I think the delay for FFXV will turn out for the better because the time between 11/29 and early December is short. SQEX could be riding momentum from FFXV come HD2.8. That's a bunch of green for the company in a short time. Edited by KingdomHearts3