Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Kingdom Hearts III placeholder for Nintendo NX

I'm not even surprised, Square Enix were one of the first companies to receive devs kits. Their departments are big enough to simultaneously develop for Kingdom Hearts III whilst being familiar with the Nintendo NX as a console.

Update: Despite this image being confirmed as fake, it's still a relevant subject to discuss the possibility.

13924893_1080287515398202_91190102209805

Edited by Guest

I'm not even surprised, Square Enix were one of the first companies to receive devs kits. Their departments are big enough to simultaneously develop for Kingdom Hearts III whilst being familiar with the Nintendo NX as a console.

Plus, Nintendo is still going strong in Japan so all the more love to the OG hardware company.

my question is though can nx specs handle unreal engine 

The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One were released in 2013. This is 2016. At best, the system could have been in development as early as 2014. I don't really need to say more than that.

Do you have a link to that? 

I've updated the topic to include the link.

I'm trying to find the direct link but someone took a screenshot from EB Games' website

https://twitter.com/SMetaldave64/status/765226602301001729

It's been removed from the website now. Square Enix are bound to place the NX logo during the December news reveal guarantee.

Edited by Guest

Not at the same time as the PS4 and XBone versions though, preferably a few months after. An NX port is fine.

I'm still waiting on the PC port though. Hurry up square xD

Nottrying to start a console fight, but why a few months after?

The NX is stated to release March 2017 and KH3 certainly won't release by then. Assuming the NX is easy to port to, why not release at the same time?

Not at the same time as the PS4 and XBone versions though, preferably a few months after. An NX port is fine.

You do know that Square Enix were one of the first companies to get NX dev kits since 2015 and the system's releasing March 2016? It'll simultaneously release.

It'd be cool to see, if not for any other reason besides Nintendo actually getting third parties would be a sight to behold. But I'll wait on some official confirmation.

Before the Nintendo Wii era, Nintendo had plenty of era's that provided third party support. Plus, the Wii U is just ahead of the PS4 in terms of most popular home console in Japan. Square Enix needs that domestic console love outside Sony.

Dragon Quest XI is being developed in Unreal Engine 4 on PS4 and it is confirmed to be a NX title. Most probably it can. But still we have the problem that the 3DS version is being developed under Unity engine, so it can also be a port from that version. Who knows. Most probably it will easily be capable of handling UE4, as it is supposed to be a pretty powerful console.

Nottrying to start a console fight, but why a few months after?

The NX is stated to release March 2017 and KH3 certainly won't release by then. Assuming the NX is easy to port to, why not release at the same time?

Because the NX is likely not as powerful as a PS4 or an Xbox One. They'd have to lower the graphics of KH3 and make the game less demanding for PS4 and Xbox one. So it's best to get those versions out and then port it later on. It may be on the same level though so I could be wrong.

It has to be fake. There is NO way whatsoever that KH3 is in any way made, designed, etc for the NX. It's for the PS4 and XboxOne only.

you can't say that for sure though... SE never said anything about NOT having kh3 on the NX, so you can't jump to that conclusion at least not yet

I honestly hope this will become a thing because it means i won't have to buy a ps4 for just one game(2 if you include 2.8). Still, it's really unclear what the NX will be with all the weird rumors about hybrid consoles and what not.

It has to be fake. There is NO way whatsoever that KH3 is in any way made, designed, etc for the NX. It's for the PS4 and XboxOne only.

Not really sure how game engines work, but if NX can handle Unreal engine 4 it might not be that hard to do, especially if they've had the dev kits for a while now.

Because the NX is likely not as powerful as a PS4 or an Xbox One.

Why is a console that will be released in 2017 going to be weaker than two consoles that were released in 2013?

Dragon Quest XI is being developed in Unreal Engine 4 on PS4 and it is confirmed to be a NX title. Most probably it can. But still we have the problem that the 3DS version is being developed under Unity engine, so it can also be a port from that version. Who knows. Most probably it will easily be capable of handling UE4, as it is supposed to be a pretty powerful console.

Why are people under the impression that the NX will be under-powered? under-powered performance is a core factor that failed the Wii U.

My bitterness to the NX will only increase if this is confirmed (if it wasn't confirmed already).

Why? the more fans that have access to Kingdom Hearts III the better. Besides, Nintendo fans are more deserving of the game than Xbox fans.

Yeah, and there's NO way whatsoever that Square Enix didn't have Dev Kits for the Nintendo NX since 2015.

Edited by Guest

Wait is the game $118 or the console?

Why is it $120 to get KH3 for NX there? I know it's not confirmed to be true, as I don't know if KH3 really will be on the NX, but still that's a lot of money for one game.

Placeholder prices for Australia. Their economy is very unfamiliar to me so I can't really comment on the unusual pricing.

So...port begging in disguise...or nah?

Multiple reports on the NX clearly identify that Square Enix are in support of the system and have early access to the Dev Kits.

Because the NX is likely not as powerful as a PS4 or an Xbox One. They'd have to lower the graphics of KH3 and make the game less demanding for PS4 and Xbox one. So it's best to get those versions out and then port it later on. It may be on the same level though so I could be wrong.

If the PS4 and Xbox One are powerful enough to handle KH3's graphics, there should be no problem with keeping it that way for those specific consoles. If the NX is unable to handle the intensity of the game at the same level, they must simply port it to NX and tone down the graphics. Look at AAA games like GTA V, Watch_Dogs, etc., that did the same.

I might be misunderstanding your post, though so forgive me if I am.

Edited by Rocketboy

Why are people under the impression that the NX will be under-powered? under-powered performance is a core factor that failed the Wii U.

Nope. It's because of third-party support that it failed. And they didn't really do it for it being under-powered, but actually for it having that gimmicky gamepad. They didn't really know what to do with it, and thus they lost interest. Note that the system is more powerful than PS3 and X360, and so many titles were still being released in those two, although in the WiiU either they weren't or they were released much later, like with Assassins Creed 3 or Watch Dogs.

Hmm, this is most interesting!  So Kingdom Hearts III may end up being for the Nintendo NX as well? That's actually pretty awesome! :O

The more people get their hands on Kingdom Hearts III, the better!  Also, it's kinda fitting, since it's the third numbered KH title, on three different systems, ya know? I'm pretty sure that after this, there's going to be a KH collection bundle that'll be made available for the PS4, XBox One and Nintendo NX!  That way, everyone can get their hands on the Xehanort Saga! :D

And what's more interesting is the placeholder release! 2017, baby! :D