Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Ligero_miguel

Possible Jungle Book map and more discovered within the code of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Lets see here....

From the Unused HUD clip, we knew about the Drop Meter (The black one with the skiny pink line or the one with Sora's face on there) from the very first DDD trailer. And the clip that showed a bunch of Sora's falling from the sky, that was also from the very first DDD trailer. The "Focus" and "D-Link" must've been the first concept of "Dual Attack and Link Attack(Sora)/ Link Style(Riku) with the Dream Eaters. 

I'm guessing the unused items must've been the first concept before the Reality Shift feature? 

Someone must've love those song titles from Aerosmith, Bon Jovi and Joe Williams. lol

The "This leads to KINGDOM HEARTS III" quote, from today, I still say that's cool how they did it! 

And the "jb" file, looks like Nomura wanted to put Jungle Book in there just like BBS, I guess they didn't have enough time to add it in? I guess Jungle Book might show up in Kingdom Hearts 3 or later KH titles after the Xehanort Saga? 

Edited by RikuFangirl2008

Following recent discoveries of hidden areas in the code of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, KH13 forum member Ligero_miguel joined the search and found some more interesting information within the game's code. His findings include beta mini-maps, concept art from the Prankster's Paradise world, unused items, unused HUD, a prototype menu, and beta screenshots. He has found messages by the developers within the code in the game, including references to the anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica and name of songs by Aerosmith, Bon Jovi and Joe Williams. He also shows a picture of the roman numeral "III", which he believes was due to appear after the end credits of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, following the secret message of "THIS LEADS TO KINGDOM HEARTS" which can be spelled out from the sequence of letters appearing during the credits.

Ligero_miguel mentions that his most interesting find is a file called "jb_621.bcd", a collision from a deleted map. He explains that maps with the numbers 60, 61, and 62 are "Dive Mode" maps, and speculates that the game initially included the Dive Map of a world inspired by The Jungle Book, which could have had an area code denoted by "jb". This is especially intriguing as there was

. Also, an episode from the cancelled Kingdom Hearts TV series took place in the world of The Jungle Book, and Jungle Book medals were added to the Japanese version of Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ to celebrate the release of the recent live action movie.

The video below shows Ligero_miguel's discoveries in the code of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance.

What do you make of these findings? Would you like to see The Jungle Book in future Kingdom Hearts games? Let us know in the comments!

Click here to view the article

post-59331-0-07344300-1471433302_thumb.png

"OK guys, we're ready for a Jungle Book game-."

"WAIT, BOY IN A BIKINI, THAT CREATES PEDOPHILES!!!"

"...damn...it's as gone as Treasure Planet. (chuckles) strangers on pirate ships hanging out with little boys, what WAS the Disney Company thinking?"

Oh god. I did not know that the credits part where Sora and Riku walking towards the light would create a 'III' effect from the light filtering through their silhouette. Damn! Talk about abstract.

BUT one thing I should point out that jb may not always mean 'Jungle book'.

If you've poked around the data from KHBBSFM (PSP version), the maps named 'jb' actually are the maps from Aqua's time in the realm of Darkness. While the Data from the normal KHBBS will have files named 'jb' that lead to beta maps for Jungle book.

So unless those 'jb' files in KH3D can be opened, it may be highly likely, but not definitive that they are Jungle book related.

Oh god. I did not know that the credits part where Sora and Riku walking towards the light would create a 'III' effect from the light filtering through their silhouette. Damn! Talk about abstract.

BUT one thing I should point out that jb may not always mean 'Jungle book'.

If you've poked around the data from KHBBSFM (PSP version), the maps named 'jb' actually are the maps from Aqua's time in the realm of Darkness. While the Data from the normal KHBBS will have files named 'jb' that lead to beta maps for Jungle book.

So unless those 'jb' files in KH3D can be opened, it may be highly likely, but not definitive that they are Jungle book related.

Yes I know that, but think that they did it because they didn't want to create a new route for the new files.
KHBBSFM is an edit of KHBBS so I suposse it would be easier to use the Jb route to introduce new files instead of creating a new one.
Also, even sharing a very close engine KH3D is a different game, so they created new routes for the files (Like the "TP" one)
In addition, in this game the World of Darkness is placed on the "RG" route (Radiant Garden).
So the possibility of that file being a true Jungle Book file is very high, and also the fact that the file go by the number 62 (It only can be a Dive Map and that is very strange)
But yes, we cannot say anything for sure since the file can't be opened.

Yes I know that, but think that they did it because they didn't want to create a new route for the new files.
KHBBSFM is an edit of KHBBS so I suposse it would be easier to use the Jb route to introduce new files instead of creating a new one.
Also, even sharing a very close engine KH3D is a different game, so they created new routes for the files (Like the "TP" one)
In addition, in this game the World of Darkness is placed on the "RG" route (Radiant Garden).
So the possibility of that file being a true Jungle Book file is very high, and also the fact that the file go by the number 62 (It only can be a Dive Map and that is very strange)
But yes, we cannot say anything for sure since the file can't be opened.

Oh I see :D

Thanks for that!

So are you able to open them yet?

Would be interesting to see what Dive map looks like xD

Okay, I'm just going to confirm The Jungle Book for Kingdom Hearts III. With BBS, DDD and the Unchained X medals, there's too many signs pointing to the world's inclusion.

Okay, I'm just going to confirm The Jungle Book for Kingdom Hearts III. With BBS, DDD and the Unchained X medals, there's too many signs pointing to the world's inclusion.

Jungle Book is now even in KHx as event.

"OK guys, we're ready for a Jungle Book game-."

"WAIT, BOY IN A BIKINI, THAT CREATES PEDOPHILES!!!"

"...damn...it's as gone as Treasure Planet. (chuckles) strangers on pirate ships hanging out with little boys, what WAS the Disney Company thinking?"

Sora was going to have a loin cloth when he visited Deep Jungle in the first game and Jim as at least 14, no problem with Sora being on a pirate ship at that age. 

Probably had more to do with the homo-erotic undertones in the relationship between Jim and Silver. "Surrogte father figure" my @

Then again, this is Japan we're talking about, where BL is is everywhere and the age of consent is 14.