Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Could Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover end up on Netflix?

I know this is such an obscure thing to consider, but the quality of the animation seems on par with quite a lot of CG movies. After all, Final Fantasy VII Advent Children is on Netflix. Now I'm not thinking that this will be immediate, but rather, in the future once Kingdom Hearts III is closer to release. A cross-promotion of sorts.

I wouldn't hold my breath. After seeing the last 2 Kingdom Hearts "movies" I'd rather wait till it's released before assuming anything.

I know it looks good but so did Re:Coded in the trailers and it all turned out to be a huge dissapointment.

Not to mention Back Cover is supposed to be about an hour or so long.

What I'm saying is, chances seem gleam at the moment so it's best to see the movie before theorizing if it's going to be on Netflix or not.

Nope cuz copy right issues, that's why 1.5 and 2.5 aren't on PSN.

But 2.8 will be on the PSN, so there's that.

Highly unlikely to appear on Netflix though. It's not a "movie" in that sense. Kingsglaive will in the future, I'm sure, for a comparative example.

But 2.8 will be on the PSN, so there's that.

Highly unlikely to appear on Netflix though. It's not a "movie" in that sense. Kingsglaive will in the future, I'm sure, for a comparative example.

Were did you hear that?

Were did you hear that?

2.8? Sony's general mandate is to have all major games release digitally and physically; things can be digital-only, but I'm not aware of any examples that are the other way around. If 2.8 is physical only, that'd be the first high-profile release that doesn't adhere to the rule.

If you meant Kingsglaive, it's just an educated guess; Sony Pictures is distributing it, so I can see it popping up on Netflix at some point.

Edited by BlankShell

Back Cover isn't really a movie. It's a series of cutscenes made using in game assets running on UE4. Not comparable to Advent Children which was using pre rendered CGI. Wondering if Back Cover will end up on Netflix is just as silly as wondering if KH2's in game cutscenes will end up on HBO.

Edited by bjshepp

2.8? Sony's general mandate is to have all major games release digitally and physically; things can be digital-only, but I'm not aware of any examples that are the other way around. If 2.8 is physical only, that'd be the first high-profile release that doesn't adhere to the rule.

If you meant Kingsglaive, it's just an educated guess; Sony Pictures is distributing it, so I can see it popping up on Netflix at some point.

It's not up to Sony, but Disney. If it was then most likely 1.5 and 2.5 would have been on the PSN for PS3 and maybe PS4. I don't might if I'm proven wrong though.

It's not up to Sony, but Disney. If it was then most likely 1.5 and 2.5 would have been on the PSN for PS3 and maybe PS4. I don't might if I'm proven wrong though.

Right, but those licensing deals that extended to the original games were in place for the remakes; one of the main reasons we might NOT see PS4 versions of the remixes is precisely that. 2.8, on the other hand, doesn't have anything to hold it back; the 3DS version was already available digitally, and even if it wasn't, Sony's pretty adamant for this console generation that everything be digital, so that's the publishing hurdle to overcome, not the pre-existing issues for the other remakes.

Right, but those licensing deals that extended to the original games were in place for the remakes; one of the main reasons we might NOT see PS4 versions of the remixes is precisely that. 2.8, on the other hand, doesn't have anything to hold it back; the 3DS version was already available digitally, and even if it wasn't, Sony's pretty adamant for this console generation that everything be digital, so that's the publishing hurdle to overcome, not the pre-existing issues for the other remakes.

We'll see, but of coarse if they don't have a pre-order option when the release date gets announced then it's not happening.

Nope cuz copy right issues, that's why 1.5 and 2.5 aren't on PSN.

Assuming it's the same sort of issue in Back Cover.

To answer, no. Not ever. It will end up on youtube, like the other two. It uses in-engine graphics, like the other two. This may technically be a movie, but there is no reason to think they will treat it like one.